• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can relate....

This happens too often, 'I feel like drawing right now!...Oh wait, I can't because I'm at work.'

*Gets home*

'I don't want to do anything...'

I used to draw daily warm-ups in the morning, had been going for more than a year without missing a morning...but when I wake up these days I just want to keep sleeping instead of drawing anything...
LOL, I drew at work all the time. I did a quick drawing on receipt paper

D

Deleted member

Am I really the only not-so-familiar-to-the-Sonic-franchise one who thought the 3rd Sonic Forces character looked like Blaze?

In a criminology class.

Have people advocating for legalizing ALL drugs.

Actual quote: " I mean yeah the death rate would go up a lot but crime rate would go down"

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
In a criminology class.

Have people advocating for legalizing ALL drugs.

Actual quote: " I mean yeah the death rate would go up a lot but crime rate would go down"
Well...legalize homicide and the exact same logic applies...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Am I really the only not-so-familiar-to-the-Sonic-franchise one who thought the 3rd Sonic Forces character looked like Blaze?

Unless she's getting a drastic redesign, it's definitely not her.

The character teased didn't have her feathered ponytail and had bigger, goofier gloves. They also didn't seem to be wearing her jacket.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
ChikoLad ChikoLad brought up the idea of having Green Hill in Forces making since thematically. Having the first location in Sonic's history being affected by Eggman's actions would makes sense.

My problem is that it doesn't really look affected enough. All they added is sand instead of water.

I'm not saying burn Green Hill to the ground, like the city level. But show at least some amount of destruction. Green Hill looks exactly the same, but with sand.

Also, I wish they went with Generation's art direction with Green Hill rather than Lost World's. I can understand wanting to make it less busy, but I think the Lost World style is a little too simplistic.

Chrono.

So the Switch MK8DX bundle was confirmed to be real.

Aaaaand it's exclusive to Russia. For some reason.
ChikoLad ChikoLad brought up the idea of having Green Hill in Forces making since thematically. Having the first location in Sonic's history being affected by Eggman's actions would makes sense.

My problem is that it doesn't really look affected enough. All they added is sand instead of water.

I'm not saying burn Green Hill to the ground, like the city level. But show at least some amount of destruction. Green Hill looks exactly the same, but with sand.

Also, I wish they went with Generation's art direction with Green Hill rather than Lost World's. I can understand wanting to make it less busy, but I think the Lost World style is a little too simplistic.
I think they might've done that so the gameplay stays smooth.

I remember the later Unleashed stages being a little too lag prone and while Generations was better about this, maybe they thought it was better to sacrifice visuals in favor of better performance across all 3 platforms (especially since the Switch is weaker).

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I remember the later Unleashed stages being a little too lag prone and while Generations was better about this, maybe they thought it was better to sacrifice visuals in favor of better performance across all 3 platforms (especially since the Switch is weaker).
That makes sense, I just wish it was more detailed.

I'm sure they could come up with some sort of middle ground.

D

Deleted member

Well...legalize murder and homicide and the exact same logic applies...
Not reply, the difference is that one is an item that could be sold. With that being said, taking certain drugs is more comparable to a suicidal act than a homicidal one.(Well, unless you take LSD or something and start running people over, but still.)

The problem is that many drugs are way too dangerous and lethal to sell on an open market. Weed should be legalized though, there's no reason it shouldn't. Alcohol is definitely worse

But I do understand what the benefits the person is talking about though, turning a massive illegal market into a legal one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

This is again another case of "we haven't even seen 10 seconds of it".

Maybe it gets progressively more destroyed (like by a giant robot) as you go through the level, or maybe the second act has more going on (similar to Angel Island Zone in Sonic 3).

Again, I understand the concerns, and I understand being sick of Green Hill Zone, and I share some of the concerns. But the game is still a while away yet, so a lot could change.

So the Switch MK8DX bundle was confirmed to be real.

Aaaaand it's exclusive to Russia. For some reason.

I think it's less a performance thing (except maybe for the Switch version), and more a case of trying to make the level design have a better sense of conveyance.

A common complaint directed towards Generations was that the Classic Sonic levels (and the 2D sections of the Modern Sonic ones), while pretty, were so busy aesthetically that it was sometimes hard to distinguish background and foreground elements. Meaning you'd think something is a platform, but it's actually just a background element. Green Hill Zone was the prime example too. People also thought it was difficult to see Rings and what not sometimes as well.

Regardless of what they're doing with Green Hill Zone this time, at least the foreground and background are properly distinguishable now.

Last edited:

Chrono.

This is again another case of "we haven't even seen 10 seconds of it".

Maybe it gets progressively more destroyed (like by a giant robot) as you go through the level, or maybe the second act has more going on (similar to Angel Island Zone in Sonic 3).

Again, I understand the concerns, and I understand being sick of Green Hill Zone, and I share some of the concerns. But the game is still a while away yet, so a lot could change.

I think it's less a performance thing (except maybe for the Switch version), and more a case of trying to make the level design have a better sense of conveyance.

A common complaint directed towards Generations was that the Classic Sonic levels (and the 2D sections of the Modern Sonic ones), while pretty, were so busy aesthetically that it was sometimes hard to distinguish background and foreground elements. Meaning you'd think something is a platform, but it's actually just a background element. Green Hill Zone was the prime example too. People also thought it was difficult to see Rings and what not sometimes as well.

Regardless of what they're doing with Green Hill Zone this time, at least the foreground and background are properly distinguishable now.
Didn't really know that was an issue. I personally never had that problem.

Ah well.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Not reply, the difference is that one is an item that could be sold. With that being said, taking certain drugs is more comparable to a suicidal act than a homicidal one.(Well, unless you take LSD or something and start running people over, but still.)

The problem is that many drugs are way too dangerous and lethal to sell on an open market. Weed should be legalized though, there's no reason it shouldn't. Alcohol is definitely worse

But I do understand what the benefits the person is talking about though, turning a massive illegal market into a legal one.
Keep in mind I was referring to the logic used by the fella Zebei was talking about...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
All I'm worried about is how ****ing beautiful the 2D gameplay looks. That was my favorite part of Generations and is what I'm most looking forward to in Forces. Yeah, seeing Green Hill again is disappointing but it is iconic so I understand.

I am real worried about the character tease at the end. They could real easily **** up that character and make him an edgy Sonic or something and totally ruin the game. Not sayin it will but you never can tell with Sonic Team.

Another thing. They need to make a full 2D game based off the Generation and Forces gameplay. Like I need that bad!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm actually surprisingly far in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, at Level 13 and unlocked 6 tier weapons. I LOVE how the eShop Kirby games have different hats and weapons for the copy abilities, makes me wish I could have some of those hats instead of the default hats

Also, to those playing, don't forget you have 2 Stamina and Attack potions when starting out, using one of them is a mission for the Hero Rank, so more Gem Apples can be obtained this way

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also, to those playing, don't forget you have 2 Stamina and Attack potions when starting out, using one of them is a mission for the Hero Rank, so more Gem Apples can be obtained this way
Huh, I didn't know that. Thanks.

I'm at Level 7 right now. You're basically twice as far, lol.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Huh, I didn't know that. Thanks.

I'm at Level 7 right now. You're basically twice as far, lol.
I also used one of the 2 free EXP potions, they double your EXP gained per stage and they last for half an hour. Considering your maximum vigour rises AND a full refill is given whenever you level up, I just skyrocketed quickly when grinding for gem apples. Now to wait about an hour and a half before they harvest lol. My only real issue with the game is how the servers aren't up, which sucks because A: What if someone wanted to use the microtransactions, the only way Nintendo's making any money off of this game? And B: once a day you can get an adventurer from the net for free and some Hero Rank missions require an adventurer, but the servers aren't up, so I'm not getting about 9 gem apples because I am unable to get an adventurer

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Nintendo's proven themselves to be ****ing morons. Why?
The discontinued the NES Classic. The product LOTS of people wanted but Nintendo failed to deliver enough copies. This is stupid, there's NO good reason to discontinue a product that has a surprisingly high demand

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The discontinued the NES Classic. The product LOTS of people wanted but Nintendo failed to deliver enough copies. This is stupid, there's NO good reason to discontinue a product that has a surprisingly high demand
It's honestly baffling how Nintendo handled the NES Classic.

"A product that people have a lot of nostalgia for? Especially around the holidays? Let's give a limited supply."

Hopefully Nintendo won't pull this off with an SNES Classic.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I kinda feel the NES Mini was an experiment by Nintendo to measure human desperation.

The way the whole thing went down is so ridiculous that it makes me laugh. I never wanted one so I'm not mad.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Shameik Moore will play Miles Morales in Sony's animated Spidey movie.
It's honestly baffling how Nintendo handled the NES Classic.

"A product that people have a lot of nostalgia for? Especially around the holidays? Let's give a limited supply."

Hopefully Nintendo won't pull this off with an SNES Classic.
They said it never supposed to be as big as it was, but that's horse****
I kinda feel the NES Mini was an experiment by Nintendo to measure human desperation.

The way the whole thing went down is so ridiculous that it makes me laugh. I never wanted one so I'm not mad.
I was never interested in it because most of the games on there are pretty damn bad, but it's LUDICROUS a company would DISCONTINUE SOMETHING PEOPLE STILL WANT TO BUY BECAUSE THEY FAILED TO MEET DEMANDS

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta were stated to be the last Smash series amiibo.

No Smash 4 + port?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG I just found out about a secret texture in Mario 3 from a guide on Mario 3 glitches that isn't in any of the rips and is only available if you break the game

Gonna use it

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I actually bought a Wiimote extension cord last year expecting I'd get a NES Classic Edition but what's with this BS? :glare:

And it doesn't help that eBay is still asking for scalpers prices... :mad:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/13/nintendo-discontinues-the-nes-classic-edition

Easily Nintendo's biggest mistake since naming the Wii U the "Wii U." This honestly blows my mind at how much of a missed opportunity this was. Messing up Amiibos & Special Editions are one thing but this should have been the hottest VG item of the 2016 holiday season.

Unless this was because of negotiations with 3rd Parties or a conflict of interest with VC games on the Switch or the Switch itself, someone should be fired for misjudging the retro gaming market this badly. I can't imagine how much higher the scalping prices will go considering they're already asking for more than twice the original value of the product. If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome:

D

Deleted member

@ Drug legalization:
Legalization of ALL drugs is suicidal, literally, those things aren't even supposed to be consumed by humans some of them would kill the person withing the first uses. The rest either results in dependecy or severe health problems(which also lead to death except more painfully).

The only one I think should even be considered to be legalized is marijuana as it's one of the least prejudicial. I'm not someone who likes alcohol, cigarettes or drugs in general, and if it was up to me, they'd stop existing, but they do, so you need to keep control over them, people are going to find a way to get what they want, and if it's not gonna be on a convinience store, they'll find a drug dealer.
Legalizing it would not only mean it'd be supervized to ensure quality(you'd be surprised to know how much weed there actually is in those things going around) but also significantly reduce crime rates and boost the economy.
And this is not just a "it isn't a crime anymore so the rate doesn't exist anymore", just look at Prohibition and how it backfired with the Mafia.

Still, as someone who is utterly disgusted by these, I believe there should be some enforcement against their use in public areas.
We all know the problem with passive smokers and the **** drunk people do so I don't think I have to say much in regards to that.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Nintendo most likely only made the NES Classic to fill the void between the Wii U and Switch. They had nothing within that gap of time, so the NES Classic was a cheap way to deal with it.

Now that the Switch is out, they don't care about it anymore since they have a steady stream of content again.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So...

Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta were stated to be the last Smash series amiibo.

No Smash 4 + port?
Or the port just doesn't have new characters.

Or it does and they simply mean the last Smash amiibo for the Wii U and 3DS games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Nintendo most likely only made the NES Classic to fill the void between the Wii U and Switch. They had nothing within that gap of time, so the NES Classic was a cheap way to deal with it.

Now that the Switch is out, they don't care about it anymore since they have a steady stream of content again.
There's still demand for the bloody thing and Nintendo chose not to let the masses buy their product

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
quartz_block_chiseled.png

I'll give you 3 guesses why the secret texture wasn't used in game

D

Deleted member

@ Drug legalization:
Legalization of ALL drugs is suicidal, literally, those things aren't even supposed to be consumed by humans some of them would kill the person withing the first uses. The rest either results in dependecy or severe health problems(which also lead to death except more painfully).

The only one I think should even be considered to be legalized is marijuana as it's one of the least prejudicial. I'm not someone who likes alcohol, cigarettes or drugs in general, and if it was up to me, they'd stop existing, but they do, so you need to keep control over them, people are going to find a way to get what they want, and if it's not gonna be on a convinience store, they'll find a drug dealer.
Legalizing it would not only mean it'd be supervized to ensure quality(you'd be surprised to know how much weed there actually is in those things going around) but also significantly reduce crime rates and boost the economy.
And this is not just a "it isn't a crime anymore so the rate doesn't exist anymore", just look at Prohibition and how it backfired with the Mafia.

Still, as someone who is utterly disgusted by these, I believe there should be some enforcement against their use in public areas.
We all know the problem with passive smokers and the **** drunk people do so I don't think I have to say much in regards to that.
I agree, I was just playing the devil's advocate as usual is all. It still seems pointless to have marijuana illegal considering that's it's safer when it is under the control of a shop, but so many people already use it anyway.

I remember in sociology class recently we wrote down anonymous notes about the most deviant thing we've done for the teacher to read. Most of them had to do with weed. LMFAO.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
There's still demand for the bloody thing and Nintendo chose not to let the masses buy their product
Perhaps because it's a demand they find to be negligible or not part of their plan.

This is of course all just speculation. But judging by the fact that they didn't push too many shipments and shut it down after the Switch released, it doesn't seem like it was ever meant to be a long term thing regardless of the demand.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Perhaps because it's a demand they find to be negligible or not part of their plan.

This is of course all just speculation. But judging by the fact that they didn't push too many shipments and shut it down after the Switch released, it doesn't seem like it was ever meant to be a long term thing regardless of the demand.
They SAID that. It's still a poor business move when demand blows up harder than something hit by the Death Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom