• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just played the F2P Kirby game. It's actually surprisingly consumer friendly I feel as you regain all your vigour when levelling up and the Gem Apples can be used to buy books that not only permanently increase your materials gained, but also decrease the time limit for getting more vigour. Plus the new armour and weapons look fantastic

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm almost done with Awakening.
At Origin peak now. I think I'll do a big post later on comparing it to Fates and the older Fire Emblem games.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I wrote.

Only 400 words deep and rough as ****. Need to rewrite it entirely. Not finished. Barely started.

But I wrote.

And that's something.

Off to nap now. Hack it apart and build it back together when I wake up.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
i know the large majority of y'all don't watch sports but the red sox are still the boston glass cannons

tho the celtics being first seed in the east is pretty hype

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
OK, full thoughts on the Direct
Hey Pikmin isn't my cup of tea. Amiibo looks neat though
Ever Oasis didn't actually show anything off other than "It's still alive guys!"
Monster Hunter Stories looks pretty damn good actually, might consider getting it
Yokai Watch more like Yokai Not buying
Culdcept doesn't really interest me
I want to try RPG Maker FES, though I'll need more details on what you can add in the game
Miitopia more like MiiNOpia
I'm already buying Echoes so the DLC might be neat
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is already fun, though I hope they add more content over time
I'm definitely getting Blowout Blast as I loved 3D Rumble
I'm certainly getting the new 3DS game regardless
Brain Training? Nah
Getting the original Cloud, female Corrin and both Bayo amiibo for the Smash set
I want all 3 new Zelda amiibo, though I'd be content with just the SS Link
ARMs seems neat enough, will have to try it though
Never got the original MK8 so I might get Deluxe
USFII has lost me now
Minecraft lel
Not too sure on NEOGEO stuff
Still getting both Sonic games
Project Mekuru more like MEHkuru
Not a Fate/Zero fan so I won't get Extella
I was already sold on Disgaea 5
I don't care about Puyo
Who is going to buy Monopoly? Literally who?
Might get Rayman Legends
Nothing after that interested me

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I get creative whenever I leave my house

Being in my house just drains my spirit for some reason
Can relate....

This happens too often, 'I feel like drawing right now!...Oh wait, I can't because I'm at work.'

*Gets home*

'I don't want to do anything...'

Think I'm going against grain saying this, but I have more creative spark in the "morning" - whenever I wake up.

Honestly, though, lately I haven't had the urge to do much of anything.

Bit concerned. Maybe I'll grab some caffeine and a prompt.
I used to draw daily warm-ups in the morning, had been going for more than a year without missing a morning...but when I wake up these days I just want to keep sleeping instead of drawing anything...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wow.

People REALLY aren't happy with the Classic Sonic stuff in Sonic Forces (which is in turn making them act negative about the Modern Sonic stuff).

I can understand some of the complaints, but I think people are blowing it out of proportion.

Then again I'm reading Sonic Retro posts so maybe that's why...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Wow.

People REALLY aren't happy with the Classic Sonic stuff in Sonic Forces (which is in turn making them act negative about the Modern Sonic stuff).

I can understand some of the complaints, but I think people are blowing it out of proportion.

My issue is ANOTHER Green Hill, other than that I'm okay with Classic Sonic

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
i know the large majority of y'all don't watch sports but the red sox are still the boston glass cannons
Surprising. Ever since their acquisition of Chris Sale, I was really expecting another great season out of them. Where's Big Papi when you need him for morale support?

Also, today is my birthday. I haven't got any new games this year, but if I get enough money from my family, I might go after a few titles in the next few days.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My issue is ANOTHER Green Hill, other than that I'm okay with Classic Sonic
I get that, but for some reason, I'm ironically less annoyed about it being in Forces than I am about it being in Mania.

At least with Forces, it makes sense thematically. The game is about the world being taken over by Eggman and being in ruin, so why not show the most iconic Sonic level in a state of disrepair to emphasise that?

With Mania, they're just doing it as a courtesy thing to attract people who haven't played as much Sonic lately.

Saw this first hand at Summer of Sonic - most people who lined up to play Mania played Green Hill Zone instead of Studiopolis Zone (I played the latter myself though). Though I'm sure this is partially why it's also in Forces.

As a general rule, I'm perfectly fine with re-using stages as long as they have story/lore integration, because that gives Sonic a sense of world building.

Also, the Modern Sonic footage is different from the SXSW footage, and I know people were saying it looked downgraded somehow, so that probably confirms that they actually showed the Switch version.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Monopoly on Switch is actually pretty cool because since the Switch is handheld, you can play Monopoly on the bus or train without worrying about losing pieces and stuff.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And Awakening's done.

I... actually enjoyed the story. It's not the best story told and it has problems with pacing and focus, but it is coherent. Unlike Fates, I never found myself openly questioning what was going on.

The duo of Robin and Chrom is one of my favourite duos in the series as well. I really liked their relationship, especially towards the end. (I kind of regret not marrying my Robin to Chrom now. But Frederick is a good husband too.)

A TLDR of my thoughts would be that criticisms of Awakening does have some truth, but it feels pretty overblown to me. The soul of Fire Emblem is still there.

--------------------

Oh, and my Robin is basically Kobayashi.
downoad.png

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What a great way to start the morning...

Wanted to continue working on a piece that I started sometime last year...PSD file is corrupted, it is now nothing but a colourful pixelated mess....all that work down the drain....
the second time this happened to me, first time the piece was almost complete after spending more than 30 hours on that piece and I almost put a whole in the wall when it happened...

BUT that not all that happened this morning...

Blue screen of death on my computer while I was checking my WIPs...

Just what I needed...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Apparently the Fate Extella game got a bad reception in PS4, but I don't care because Saber Extra and her wreck of a red dress is best Seiba
For a Musou game.....
It's harder IMO than HW for a fair margin but it kinda has 2 strong issues in mechanics.
1) Plants, which are captain spawners, appear too damn often and drag on maps.
2) extella maneuvers are a FOO strat that just gets better and more reliable.

edit: And the combos are unlocked at set levels, meaning it can be a significant amount of time before getting to the good attacks of a servant.....
Tamamo being one of the worst, befitting her curve in extra.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To answer to tne new poll question:

None.

• So far ARMS looks alright to me, but doesn't have enough content yet to pay it full price.
• Splatoon on Wii U was alright, but lacked way too much content. I wait if the sequel will correct this flaw.
• I bought MK8 at full price with both DLCs, and Battle Mode is not the mode I prefer the most, so no interest.
• I still have to play more FE games to see if I'll have interest to further and older entries.
• Not a Kirby fan.
• See above.
• Looks like a cheap platformer, I can wait for Pikmin 4 by playing other games.
• Meh.
• Looks interesting.
• Meh².

Wasn't expecting much for this ND, and I can't say I was not disappointed. Nor excited. Rather neutral.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Surprising. Ever since their acquisition of Chris Sale, I was really expecting another great season out of them. Where's Big Papi when you need him for morale support?

Also, today is my birthday. I haven't got any new games this year, but if I get enough money from my family, I might go after a few titles in the next few days.
Well, happy Birthday.

For a Musou game.....
It's harder IMO than HW for a fair margin but it kinda has 2 strong issues in mechanics.
1) Plants, which are captain spawners, appear too damn often and drag on maps.
2) extella maneuvers are a FOO strat that just gets better and more reliable.

edit: And the combos are unlocked at set levels, meaning it can be a significant amount of time before getting to the good attacks of a servant.....
Tamamo being one of the worst, befitting her curve in extra.
Considering the fairly basic combat in those kind of titles, I could see leveling up being an absolute chore. More so if you can't pick what you want like buying moves in DMC games for example.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wow.

I'm still not sure where on earth you found the actually good fandom hangouts.

SEGA's forums were continually irritable when I lurked them (this was BEFORE Boom was a thing, gosh knows how bad it must have gotten after it flopped) and Sonic Retro was so bad it sent me crawling right back to watching there at the time.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
OH! Ok!!!

Now I see somebody hit my car as it now has a nice big scratch on the back bumper! Didn't bother leaving their information or anything just left it as is like nothing happened!!!

I wonder what else this day's going to ****ing throw at me...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm still not sure where on earth you found the actually good fandom hangouts.

SEGA's forums were continually irritable when I lurked them (this was BEFORE Boom was a thing, gosh knows how bad it must have gotten after it flopped) and Sonic Retro was so bad it sent me crawling right back to watching there at the time.
If you're looking for a positive Sonic community, the tumblr Sonic community is generally pretty chill, actually.

I just think people are being really over the top this time, even for places like Sonic Retro. We saw less than 10 seconds of Classic Sonic gameplay and people are already writing it off.

I have my own concerns, but I'm not gonna act like the game is doomed from 10 seconds of one of three gameplay styles.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm back! My thoughts on the Direct news (mostly the highlights):
  • FINALLY we got a release date for the final Smash amiibo! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the Cloud and Corrin figures.
  • 3 Kirby games this year? Wow, they really are going all out for Kirby's 25th anniversary. Two of them are expanded versions of the mini games in Planet Robobot, following a similar pattern that happened with Triple Deluxe. I don't know if I'll buy the two though, but I will say that one of the games finally gives us a glimpse at Taranza's full fighting potential. He's a dark mage to the core.
    • The multiplayer Kirby game interests me the most though. What could it be? A style similar to that Metroid 3DS game? Kirby Air Ride 2? I'm hoping for the latter, but I have a feeling it might be the former.
  • Glad to see we have a release date for Ever Oasis. The director's mentioning of some sort of "rich story-telling" (don't remember the exact wording) makes me think this game could have quite the story, especially if they flesh out the protagonist's relationship with that water fairy character.
  • No surprise at Echoes DLC. Seems like DLC Grinding maps will become a staple in the series now. They also mentioned the DLC maps will flesh out some characters more. If that's the case, I'm hoping Faye will be among them, because she is a pretty disappointing character from what I've read of her thus far.
  • The new 3DS Pikmin side scroller looks cool, but I don't think I'll be buying it.
  • Arms is looking better with each trailer. You can customize the arms for each character to reflect different powers? Sweet, it really promotes variety! The new fighter looks pretty interesting too, especially with that dragon arm of hers. Also, seems like we didn't get a spring release date after all, but I'm OK with the June 16 release date. I've got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to preoccupy me until then.
  • Splatoon 2's Salmon Run looks fun. I'm curious to see what kind of rewards will come out of it. The Amiibo unlocks are cool too. July 21st release date is reasonable. I've got Arms to preoccupy me then.
  • Fate/Extella is coming to the Switch? Yoooo, I didn't expect that at all! Sign me up! I'm looking forward to playing Aruturia!Saber, Broskander, and Tanamo. Definitely the most hype news for me of this Direct IMO.
  • Glad Nintendo will start selling Switch docks separately. Should be good in case something ever happened to my Switch dock.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Arms is looking better with each trailer. You can customize the arms for each character to reflect different powers? Sweet, it really promotes variety! The new fighter looks pretty interesting too, especially with that dragon arm of hers. Also, seems like we didn't get a spring release date after all, but I'm OK with the June 16 release date. I've got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to preoccupy me until then.
Technically, summer begins June 21st, so it's still spring, even if on its last week :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For the record. I excluded third party games from the poll because I didn't want it to be unnecessarily long. :p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
While I'm sure everyone already knows about the news regarding Lady Layton's Japanese release date, here was the new trailer shown during the Japanese Direct:

Not sure if this video was already posted here, but in case it hasn't, you can view it here.

It shows us more gameplay footage of character interactions and puzzles, and I must say, the graphics look really clean!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So what do people think of Team Kirby Clash Deluxe?

I'm playing it right now...conflicted on it.

On one hand, I love the concept, and I appreciate that I can play an expanded version for free, since I never got around to Planet Robobot.

On the other hand...it's designed like a mobile game for some reason?

You have stamina so you can only play so many missions at a time before needing to wait for a refill. There's also a currency that you can buy with real money, though you can earn it naturally. But they also block some missions behind a pay wall where you have to purchase them with the currency you earned/bought, and now I'm afraid later missions will have absurd paywalls.

I can't check the prices yet, because the servers are under maintenance.

But worst of all...no online play.

I wouldn't mind the micro-transactions if there was proper online play, at least then they could have meta and it would leave more hope that the game would be supported with content.

I think I'd rather this just be a premium game with no micro-transactions or stamina, as it is now. For like, €10. I just don't understand why the game is made like a F2P mobile game when there isn't really an online component.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever

main problem is that they don't have a fully, healthy team. david price is still out which is a big problem for their rotation imo

boston's primary issue last year was that they lacked proper defense due to a dearth of stable pitchers, and it seems the same will occur this season.

also hbd yo. :)

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not seeing Purple PIkmin or White Pikmin (or to a lesser extent Bulbmin) in Hey! Pikmin. Is this Pikmin 3 all over again?

Also, it's confirmed the game does not have 3D support. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
While I'm sure everyone already knows about the news regarding Lady Layton's Japanese release date, here was the new trailer shown during the Japanese Direct:

Not sure if this video was already posted here, but in case it hasn't, you can view it here.

It shows us more gameplay footage of character interactions and puzzles, and I must say, the graphics look really clean!
I am so hyped for this game. And that music, oh that music

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And Awakening's done.

I... actually enjoyed the story. It's not the best story told and it has problems with pacing and focus, but it is coherent. Unlike Fates, I never found myself openly questioning what was going on.

The duo of Robin and Chrom is one of my favourite duos in the series as well. I really liked their relationship, especially towards the end. (I kind of regret not marrying my Robin to Chrom now. But Frederick is a good husband too.)

A TLDR of my thoughts would be that criticisms of Awakening does have some truth, but it feels pretty overblown to me. The soul of Fire Emblem is still there.

--------------------

Oh, and my Robin is basically Kobayashi.
View attachment 127907
What about your thoughts on the gameplay, individual characters, kap design, etc?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Wow.

Something about the Classic Sonic gameplay they showed just looked very underwhelming.

He seemed to control the same as Generations, but the level design looks to be very flat. The set piece with the bridge goes on for too long, and I'm not a fan of the boost pad before the loop.

I'm sure this could change once we see more, but the gameplay they decided to show off didn't really impress me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What about your thoughts on the gameplay, individual characters, kap design, etc?
I'm writing it up. Soon™

Though the enemies did have some quality kaps. Barbarians, Dark Mages, Snipers, Warriors all had good kap designs.
Kappa.png

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Something about the Classic Sonic gameplay they showed just looked very underwhelming.

He seemed to control the same as Generations, but the level design looks to be very flat. The set piece with the bridge goes on for too long, and I'm not a fan of the boost pad before the loop.

I'm sure this could change once we see more, but the gameplay they decided to show off didn't really impress me.
I can understand being underwhelmed, I'm more talking about the volume of people acting like the game is doomed all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom