• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm still disappointed there's no long hair option for the guy FE avatars at all.

But yeah, Corrin's hair options are abysmal. His best one is the default one and that rarely looks good (I like it in the official Fates art and that's it).
Hah, that's suprising, you have the exact same gripe I do with the customization of male avatars. :p Actually their is one for Corrin, and it's pretty much always what I go with, it could still be much better(everyone should know my standards by now.) but it's better than nothing.

Well, actually their is one other, but it's only a long pony tail for build 1 Male Corrin. It looks too dweeby anyway, most of the styles do.

I really wish their was long hair for Robin though. It's bizzare he didn't really have it considering how bish-like the default male build is.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Playing Puyo Puyo Tetris is infuriating when your opponent can literally **** you over so easily...setting myself up for some chains then you get a ****ton of garbage and are unable to recover because you can't get anymore chains going...

Anyone know what this Fate Excella: The Umbral Star is?
Based on my impressions it looked like a hack n slash type game similar to the Warriors series...but it's a game I'm still very unfamiliar with....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To bad she is just as dumb, right?
Doesn't matter to me in the slightest, especially considering they're the same character, so of course they are.

But her voice being less grating just makes her superior IMO.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Why is there such competition between both Corrin's anyway? They're practically the same character, the only major difference is which one you look for on gelbooru.
1: 'Chests'/Waifus/etc....
2: They say the personality traits work better with Female Corrin than Male Corrin.....which is honestly a pretty sad and hypocritical excuse. That's like giving one person a free pass for accidentally dropping a set of dinner plates onto a bunch of guests and firing another person who ends up doing the same thing. They both happened only once, they were both accidental, yet one person gets a free pass and another doesn't. That's not even trying to include the very extreme sayings said about when a man does it and when a woman does it.
3: The voice. Which I don't mind at all. Than again, voices don't so much grate me compared to other people.

Also, Male Corrin does have a Long hair option. It's just the one that has no bangs and a weird circlet. And is it weird that I think Male Corrin has better options than Male Robin? I mean, at the very least, you certainly can't have it any worse than Male Robin 3.
Basically, a Fate series attempt at the Musou Genre. Just not done by Koei Tecmo. Which is rather odd cause the Fate series appeared as a series that Famitsu mentioned that fans wanted to see a Warriors game of and even the main Fate series guy Nasu admitted he'd like to see a Musou attempt on the Fate series. But than again, Fire Emblem, which was another series fans wanted a Musou game of, beat them to Koei Tecmo, who is doing the Fire Emblem Warriors game.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

From what it appears to be, Microsoft is going to be offering the ability to refund digital game, provided you have less than 2 hours of play time a la Steam. As much I don't care for the Xbox brand, Microsoft has some really nice services like this and backwards compatibility. Hopefully Sony and Nintendo will adopt similar policies with their digital games. The less going to the store I have to do, the less pants I have to wear (which can only be a good thing :061:).

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Some of Female Corrin's lines sounds straight up weird next to each other.

*crits an enemy* The seriously awesome "THIS. ENDS. NOW."
*enemy dies* The extremely girly "I did it!" (Even more ridiculous if Corrin is in dragon form)

:laugh:

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So folks.

Just real quick.

How do you feel about ARMS?

Yay, nay, or may?
Personally on the Yay side of it. Admittedly I was worried about it launching somewhere in May, when it'd get dominated by Injustice 2 (and it looks like I've been beat to having a Scarecrow avi...)

However, there are a few things I want to see from it;
1: A Test-fire/Demo of some kind before launch so to give people who have been following the game a taste-test of what to expect or to introduce new people to a new type of fighter
2: What sort of content is available, and how much character and customisation depth there is (Not expecting I2 levels, but probably about 12 or 16 would be satisfactory when there are so many customisable ARMS options to choose from)
3: Reviews speaking pretty highly of it as a new IP for Nintendo like Splatoon.

Overall, I feel like this was an enjoyable Direct - got some new stuff to look forward too for the Switch and 3DS, official word on the amiibo for what feels like forever... and some rather unexpected things, like more NeoGeo classics (Samurai Shodown, yes...!) and Payday 2.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Apparently the Fate Extella game got a bad reception in PS4, but I don't care because Saber Extra and her wreck of a red dress is best Seiba

D

Deleted member

Also, Male Corrin does have a Long hair option. It's just the one that has no bangs and a weird circlet. And is it weird that I think Male Corrin has better options than Male Robin? I mean, at the very least, you certainly can't have it any worse than Male Robin 3.
Yep, I've mentioned that long hair option it's the one I use. But yes, I agree with your points.

And yeah, Male Corrin still has better options than male Robin. I just think that robin has a more appealing build is all.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's a weeb game that's not actually good, but if you're a mega weeb and into the Fate series, you'll probably love it regardless. Otherwise, just ignore it and play a better Musou game

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's a weeb game that's not actually good, but if you're a mega weeb and into the Fate series, you'll probably love it regardless. Otherwise, just ignore it and play a better Musou game
Reviews don't seem that bad. Just seems so-so.

Still wasn't aware it was a Musou game.

I thought it would be a full 3D JRPG.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Reviews don't seem that bad. Just seems so-so.

Still wasn't aware it was a Musou game.

I thought it would be a full 3D JRPG.
That's sorta what I mean. Perhaps I shouldn't say it's not good, but that it's very "eh..." Again, one of those games where it's best played if you're already a fan of the series.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That moment every hack and slash is a Musuo/Warriors game, regardless if Koei Tecmo has any involvement in it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yep, I've mentioned that long hair option it's the one I use. But yes, I agree with your points.

And yeah, Male Corrin still has better options than male Robin. I just think that robin has a more appealing build is all.
Male Robin 1 definitely has a good build. But I think part of that comes from the fact that his design is just basic in general. Corrin's design is meant to show a rather otherworldly presence due to dragon heritage. Not to mention Male Corrin's eyes are much more draconic compared to most characters, heck even his female counterpart.
Robin was designed as your standard sidekick Tactician to the more Warrior-like Chrom. Corrin's design is just much different compared to the designs of most of the cast. It's why Robin's design looks better as he melds in with the rest of the cast from his game while Corrin clashes with the most of the cast. That being said, I think Smash Bros did a bit of justice for him. His design in Smash Bros looks quite good.
That being said, I'll say in terms of options, most of the options Male Corrin has are better compared to the options of Male Robin. Build 2 Male Corrin is also way more better compared to Build 3 Male Robin. Build 3 Robin's main design wasn't bad, but the choices he had for looks were just...:facepalm: It doesn't help that there were no voices fitting for Build 3 Robin. But at least Build 2 Male Corrin could have a more fitting voice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Male Robin 1 definitely has a good build. But I think part of that comes from the fact that his design is just basic in general. Corrin's design is meant to show a rather otherworldly presence due to dragon heritage. Not to mention Male Corrin's eyes are much more draconic compared to most characters, heck even his female counterpart.
Robin was designed as your standard sidekick Tactician to the more Warrior-like Chrom. Corrin's design is just much different compared to the designs of most of the cast. It's why Robin's design looks better as he melds in with the rest of the cast from his game while Corrin clashes with the most of the cast. That being said, I think Smash Bros did a bit of justice for him. His design in Smash Bros looks quite good.
That being said, I'll say in terms of options, most of the options Male Corrin has are better compared to the options of Male Robin. Build 2 Male Corrin is also way more better compared to Build 3 Male Robin. Build 3 Robin's main design wasn't bad, but the choices he had for looks were just...:facepalm: It doesn't help that there were no voices fitting for Build 3 Robin. But at least Build 2 Male Corrin could have a more fitting voice.
Ah, I see. So he was meant to contrast with the cast, that makes more sense, it was just confusing because Female Corrin is a lot less draconic like than the male one.

Still though, I agree that Smash did him justice compared to the Fates itself. I like his green palette particularly, it looks pretty cool..

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I don't know why but every time I decide to draw something it's like 2 in the morning and I have to wake up early for work the next day...

Maybe over Easter I can actually start being more productive with my art again...I've been thinking of actually working some project that I've been planning on doing for a while now...May as well actually start getting some physical progress done on it instead of simply thinking about it...

What the project will be is still up in the air....a Game? Graphic Novel? Or perhaps a Historia of sorts, pretty much just building upon the lore of the world as well as creatures and characters...

I've also wanted to create my own Bestiary of sorts, just create a bunch of creatures that coexists in a single world or planet and plan out environments and such that they'd live in...sort of like Wayne Barlowe's books centered around Darwin IV...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't know why but every time I decide to draw something it's like 2 in the morning and I have to wake up early for work the next day...

This is almost always me, I'm in a perpetual state of art block. I don't have any work other than my art, thankfully...

What the project will be is still up in the air....a Game? Graphic Novel? Or perhaps a Historia of sorts, pretty much just building upon the lore of the world as well as creatures and characters...

I've also wanted to create my own Bestiary of sorts, just create a bunch of creatures that coexists in a single world or planet and plan out environments and such that they'd live in...sort of like Wayne Barlowe's books centered around Darwin IV...
I've been doing bits and pieces of world building here and there myself, I've got a somewhat coherent world but no real purpose for it. Ideally I'd work on a game, but that's something beyond my grasp. I really just need to focus more and actually do stuff.

This reminded me that I have a load of creatures that need to be finished/redesigned. Too much...

Geno Boost

Smash Master
If what I saw in Sonic forces was actually Bubsy then I am more happy to see him getting revived.

Idk why some people are mad about having Bubsy back I think he can become a great character

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Golden State is my favorite Warriors game, however when Im winning 3-1 I blow my lead to an opossing Cavalier army.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
leaves_acacia.png

I made a custom sprite and animation

AND IT TOOK FRIGGIN HOURS

I'm still not happy with it, but it's the best I've been able to do so far

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

This is almost always me, I'm in a perpetual state of art block. I don't have any work other than my art, thankfully...

I've been doing bits and pieces of world building here and there myself, I've got a somewhat coherent world but no real purpose for it. Ideally I'd work on a game, but that's something beyond my grasp. I really just need to focus more and actually do stuff.

This reminded me that I have a load of creatures that need to be finished/redesigned. Too much...
This image is so true that it physically hurt me...
No really, truth hurt, alot.:c

D

Deleted member

As I say, I'm not an artist myself, but I've always ended up dating artists(for some reason) and I'd say that pic is pretty accurate.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hahahah, yup.

I don't know why the dead of night is the only time drawing or even just doing hobby things in general ever seems to sound like a good idea. I thought I was the only one, but nope, apparently judging by this image and the thread in general this is a common thing.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Think I'm going against grain saying this, but I have more creative spark in the "morning" - whenever I wake up.

Honestly, though, lately I haven't had the urge to do much of anything.

Bit concerned. Maybe I'll grab some caffeine and a prompt.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Think I'm going against grain saying this, but I have more creative spark in the "morning" - whenever I wake up.

Honestly, though, lately I haven't had the urge to do much of anything.

Bit concerned. Maybe I'll grab some caffeine and a prompt.
https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/

Just in case you need a source of prompts that isn't static.

NSFW language warning, but it should be fine otherwise.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I get creative whenever I leave my house

Being in my house just drains my spirit for some reason

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Thankfully, I don't mind exerting my creative juices at night. It's just the comfiest time to get some art done.

Now if only I could use that for programming.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I get creative whenever I leave my house

Being in my house just drains my spirit for some reason
Same here, I just don't feel like doing anything whenever I'm at home, but am more active whenever I'm anywhere else.

Perhaps if my workspace was anywhere other than my room, I'd feel less inclined to jump in bed, play a game or listening to some music or whatever....

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Don't worry, I'm just like that too. I actually need to regain my regular hours of sleep like before....>_> I will always wonder, why do we get the motivation or inspiration to do/draw stuff late at night? o-o I mean, even in my professional practices, the tasks I have to do when it comes to llustration, I do it around 9 PM...and it's not like it's for the next day, I have MANY days to do it...but nope, I decide to do it today, late, and unable to see stuff clearly because my eyes are tired.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I decide to do it today, late, and unable to see stuff clearly because my eyes are tired.
This right here has gotten me to wear shades indoors at midnight more times than I can readily admit.

Not out of shame, I've just lost count.

Neither of those lines are snarky jokes.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Don't worry, I'm just like that too. I actually need to regain my regular hours of sleep like before....>_> I will always wonder, why do we get the motivation or inspiration to do/draw stuff late at night? o-o I mean, even in my professional practices, the tasks I have to do when it comes to llustration, I do it around 9 PM...and it's not like it's for the next day, I have MANY days to do it...but nope, I decide to do it today, late, and unable to see stuff clearly because my eyes are tired.
Maybe because, in our mind, we say in the day that we have all the time to drawn or do whatever thing we want to do. So we keep pushing what we were supposed to do more and more. Until it's night and we realize we don't have many hours left, so we try to begin or finish what we started but since we are tired. We end up either not finishing what we started or we just push it to the next day, and the cycle repeat.
I don't know, human are strange.:132:

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Well guys; I must now do the traditional summoning of a specific person from Source Gaming in light of this Nintendo Direct. I'm sorry; it'll be a while before I can do this summon again as is, I promise. :p

So.... PushDustIn PushDustIn , where do we stand in regards to the possibility of a Smash Switch announcement at E3, be it a port or a brand new game entirely after what we found out today? These amiibo are throwing me off based entirely on the release dates (same day as Splatoon 2), so it makes me unsure at the moment if they impact anything. I still have hope in regards to Serkan Toto's tweet hinting at something based off its January 2016 date and how long its been since then.

Also, on a minor note, what do you think of the Neon Yellow Joy-Cons? (I think they're alright at best and could of been better). Seeing that Yellow is a favorite color of yours from my perspective, I might as well find out what you think about them.
Feel free to summon me anytime! I try to check Smashboards daily for messages.

Green is actually my favorite color. I don't like the neon yellow-- maybe it'll look better in person.

I'll have to investigate the certificates in detail before I write my full thoughts. I'm running on limited sleep as I translated Sonic Forces stuff last night, slept 4 hours and woke up for the Direct, and then went to work. Once I eat dinner and relax, I'll get back to you as a lot of people have been asking me!

D

Deleted member

Fate/Extella looks fun but I doubt it'll interest non-Fate fans, becauae really, the whole point is to play as your favorite Servants and if they aren't Arturia Saber or Broskander you can gtfo
Actually, wow, I'm looking at the roster and they somehow managed to hit all the right notes with just 16 characters(and I think half is original), imo.

All I hope is that I can at least spend as much time in it as I did with Hyrule Warriors, and this one doesn't seem to have giant monster fights so I'd say they got a headstart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom