• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hey guys; here's a crazy theory for you regarding the amiibo. What if the 4 Smash amiibo on the CPSIA website are actually pertaining to new characters and the other amiibo have seperate CPSIA entries (which includes the alternate costumes of Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta) that are currently remaining unseen? Just a theory I thought of that is entirely based off a comment I saw recently regarding this on a YouTube video covering the amiibo announcement. As we know right now, we only have 4 CPSIA entries and I am uncertain if the alternate costumes of AC Cloud and Bayo 1 are going to get separate amiibo entries as is, so...

I never actually thought about this until I saw that comment, but it's an interesting perspective.
There is literally no reason for them not to have their own entries. The two R.O.B. amiibo and Mega Man amiibo don't share the same CPSIA entry.

It's safe to say we're not getting anything in regards to new characters until after any new characters are officially announced.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Hey guys; here's a crazy theory for you regarding the amiibo. What if the 4 Smash amiibo on the CPSIA website are actually pertaining to new characters and the other amiibo have seperate CPSIA entries (which includes the alternate costumes of Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta) that are currently remaining unseen? Just a theory I thought of that is entirely based off a comment I saw recently regarding this on a YouTube video covering the amiibo announcement. As we know right now, we only have 4 CPSIA entries and I am uncertain if the alternate costumes of AC Cloud and Bayo 1 are going to get separate amiibo entries as is, so...

I never actually thought about this until I saw that comment, but it's an interesting perspective.
The way I see it, the 4 we saw were the two Corrins, Bayo 2 and FF7 Cloud, while Bayo 1 and AC Cloud weren't fully done yet.

Why those four specifically? Well, three of them are the default costumes, but female Corrin being useable in Echoes as a separate character to the male one is what makes me think that.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
There is literally no reason for them not to have their own entries. The two R.O.B. amiibo and Mega Man amiibo don't share the same CPSIA entry.

It's safe to say we're not getting anything in regards to new characters until after any new characters are officially announced.
To be honest, you're probably right; I thought it might be an interesting theory (even if its crazy) to bring up anyway. Not even I fully believe it. :p

The way I see it, the 4 we saw were the two Corrins, Bayo 2 and FF7 Cloud, while Bayo 1 and AC Cloud weren't fully done yet.

Why those four specifically? Well, three of them are the default costumes, but female Corrin being useable in Echoes as a separate character to the male one is what makes me think that.
I guess there's the possibility they are just currently missing and will be updated on the CPSIA later on. Again, I thought it might be an interesting theory despite it being insane and most likely not true. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I do have to discuss this for a moment, but hmm... I guess its just in reference to these alts logically being the second player after the original character is selected and has no significance beyond that?
No.
Bayonetta's alternate is palette 5-8, not switching back and forth like Cloud and Corrin.

The whole "Player 2" thing is in reference to the alt costume itself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I do have to discuss this for a moment, but hmm... I guess its just in reference to these alts logically being the second player after the original character is selected and has no significance beyond that?
I'm guessing it's mainly so it's uniform, and not as awkward as it could be.

Like. "Female Corrin" is fine, and "Cloud (Advent Children)" is even okay, but then there's "Bayonetta Bayonetta" which is...not a very good name. Player 2 makes things easier from a marketing and merchandising standpoint.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
No.
Bayonetta's alternate is palette 5-8, not switching back and forth like Cloud and Corrin.

The whole "Player 2" thing is in reference to the alt costume itself.
Oh really? I actually didn't realize that Bayonetta was different in regards to how her alt costumes are accessed compared to Cloud and Corrin. My bad.

And yeah, I know; that's the general idea behind the "Player 2" slogan. Something tells me that they really want to hype up something in the future with these Player 2 amiibo if they went through the effort of creating and then marketing them in this fashion.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm guessing it's mainly so it's uniform, and not as awkward as it could be.

Like. "Female Corrin" is fine, and "Cloud (Advent Children)" is even okay, but then there's "Bayonetta Bayonetta" which is...not a very good name. Player 2 makes things easier from a marketing and merchandising standpoint.
"Bayonetta (Original)" could've worked though, especially since the trophy for that outfit is named that way in the game.

Maybe even "Bayonetta: A Witch With No Memories" if we wanna use the actual name of the outfit, but that's a pretty big title for an amiibo.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So it turns out there's FOUR other characters teased from the Direct...

They look fairly....interesting...

I just wonder why they haven't bothered showing us more than Noodle girl...

Chrono.

So it turns out there's FOUR other characters teased from the Direct...

They look fairly....interesting...

I just wonder why they haven't bothered showing us more than Noodle girl...
Can't blow your load too early.

Though one more would've been good.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Can't blow your load too early.

Though one more would've been good.
Well I'm not asking for them to show off the entire game, but at least give us a bit more to work with besides just one character and teasers for more characters that look a heck of a lot more interesting that the one they showed us...

D

Deleted member

Would've laughed if Male Corrin had been the "Player 2" variant.
Why is there such competition between both Corrin's anyway? They're practically the same character, the only major difference is which one you look for on gelbooru.

Though I do guess there's some contextual and performance differences that affect your perception of them. For instance, Male Corrin comes off as more so whiny among other traits that I don't feel like listing right now.

But in that case, it balances out anyway considering that in awakening male Robin was better than female Robin in that regard.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well I'm not asking for them to show off the entire game, but at least give us a bit more to work with besides just one character and teasers for more characters that look a heck of a lot more interesting that the one they showed us...
Gotta keep the best ones for last, imo. Get the people really hyped up when it's closer to being released than right now.

Chrono.

Why is there such competition between both Corrin's anyway? They're practically the same character, the only major difference is which one you look for on gelbooru.

Though I do guess there's some contextual differences within the plot of the game. But in that case, it balances out anyway considering that in awakening male Robin was better than female Robin in that regard.
Some people say Female Corrin works better with how Fates' plot is, but idk about that as I haven't played it.

That said, I... I just think Male Corrin looks too dweeby lol.

He almost always looks bad in any art he's in and I can't figure out why.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Some people say Female Corrin works better with how Fates' plot is, but idk about that as I haven't played it.

He almost always looks bad in any art he's in and I can't figure out why.
Must be the hair. :p

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also I prefer to look at female's corrin's feet than male corrin

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just like female Corrin's voice better. :p

D

Deleted member

Oh really? I actually didn't realize that Bayonetta was different in regards to how her alt costumes are accessed compared to Cloud and Corrin. My bad.

And yeah, I know; that's the general idea behind the "Player 2" slogan. Something tells me that they really want to hype up something in the future with these Player 2 amiibo if they went through the effort of creating and then marketing them in this fashion.
If they do a whole Player 2 line for everyone, I'm going to be pissed. I'll take some exceptions like these because special costumes, but getting everybody again is just too much.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If they do a whole Player 2 line for everyone, I'm going to be pissed. I'll take some exceptions like these because special costumes, but getting everybody again is just too much.
And if they do that and make Little Mac's Player 2 the Wireframe instead of Hoodie Mac, I'll be doubly pissed.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think only the ones with changes different enough would be worthy of a Player 2 amiibo.

For example, Luigi won't, but Wario might.

That is, of course, assuming Nintendo does that.

D

Deleted member

And if they do that and make Little Mac's Player 2 the Wireframe instead of Hoodie Mac, I'll be doubly pissed.
Considering how Wireframe has the full costume set including his own hoodie, it would be Wireframe most likely.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I should of clarified, but I meant to say that these amiibo could easily be hyping up for veterans/newcomers in the future or just a port of Smash 4 in general, not more alternate costumes. I'd rather not get anymore of them after this anyway.

They do release after E3 as is, so...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

IDK why, that doesn't make much sense to me. I think what they mean is that Corrin's personality fits a female character better, while for a male corrin seems annoying. Of course being a guy isn't the only reason, his voice is also considered more so annoying.

I was beaten to this, but probably his hair.

They never really give you that good of hair options though for guys though, TBH. Well, at least my opinion anyway. I mean, granted I give them credit for trying to be more stylish this time(Robin's options were a lot more boring, which is weird because I consider him to be more handsome other wise.), but I found most of them to be unappealing, so every playthrough I ended making a very similar looking character every time.

I guess it doesn't help that his eyes are pretty slanted compared to most characters, specifically in his in-game portrait. I mean, nothing against slanted eyes, I have them myself due to race, but it looks bizarre in contrast to other characters in the game. If anything usually the grungy looking bad guys have eyes like that.

It is hard to describe now that I think about it which is weird, most of the male cast looks pretty good to me otherwise. Then again I think he looks better in fan art then he does in most official art.

D

Deleted member

I prefer Male Corrin in Smash only due to his green palette swap (I just think it looks cool) and his voice actor being Cam Clarke (Liquid Snake).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I like F!Corrin more in Heroes at least

F!Corrin is a blue dragon and she's been pretty useful for me. She was how I cleared 9-5 Lunatic for the first time. M!Corrin is a sword dude in a game full of sword dudes.

Also in his Fates portrait M!Corrin's neck always looked uncomfortably thin. >_>

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So speaking of amiibo, I tried to see something. I counted up which Smash characters have a "generic" version of their amiibo in addition to their Smash one (Smash Mario and Super Mario Bros. Mario, for example) and which don't. As of now, here's the list.

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4wario::4dk::4diddy:
:4link::4tlink::4zelda:
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:

:4bowserjr::4drmario:
:4sheik::4ganondorf:
:4samus::4zss:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja:
:4fox::4falco:
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:
:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4corrinf:
:4ness::4lucas:
:4olimar::4wiifit::4falcon::4shulk::4villager::4littlemac::4mii:
:4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:
:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4cloud::4bayonetta:

Of note, in the latter group, amiibo lines for certain characters' series already exist, so the following may receive generics in the future for their own existing lines.
:4bowserjr::4drmario:
:4sheik::4ganondorf:
:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4corrinf:
:4olimar:
:4villager:
That would make the only series in Smash without their own amiibo line the Metroid, Pokémon, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, EarthBound, Xenoblade, Punch-Out!!, Wii Fit, Mii, F-Zero, retro, and third party series. Of those, retros and third parties likely won't get their own lines for notability/licensing reasons, while Pokémon is a licensing nightmare all on its own. Add to this that EarthBound and F-Zero are basically dead and Kid Icarus, Punch-Out!!, and Wii Fit have been somewhat dormant, and that leaves Metroid, Star Fox, and Xenoblade. Considering they didn't start a Star Fox line when Zero came out, I can't say I feel a generic line is likely, so that leaves Metroid and Xenoblade as possible additional generic lines for Smash characters.

So yeah. That basically amounted to nothing useful, but hey. It was fun to think about.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm guessing any future Metroid game would be accompanied by at least a Samus amiibo. The demographic for who'd buy the amiibo lines up well with the series, and I'm sure hers was one of the better-selling from the Smash series.

Chrono.

IDK why, that doesn't make much sense to me. I think what they mean is that Corrin's personality fits a female character better, while for a male corrin seems annoying. Of course being a guy isn't the only reason, his voice is also considered more so annoying.

I was beaten to this, but probably his hair.

They never really give you that good of hair options though for guys though, TBH. Well, at least my opinion anyway. I mean, granted I give them credit for trying to be more stylish this time(Robin's options were a lot more boring, which is weird because I consider him to be more handsome other wise.), but I found most of them to be unappealing, so every playthrough I ended making a very similar looking character every time.

I guess it doesn't help that his eyes are pretty slanted compared to most characters, specifically in his in-game portrait. I mean, nothing against slanted eyes, I have them myself due to race, but it looks bizarre in contrast to other characters in the game. If anything usually the grungy looking bad guys have eyes like that.

It is hard to describe now that I think about it which is weird, most of the male cast looks pretty good to me otherwise. Then again I think he looks better in fan art then he does in most official art.
I'm still disappointed there's no long hair option for the guy FE avatars at all.

But yeah, Corrin's hair options are abysmal. His best one is the default one and that rarely looks good (I like it in the official Fates art and that's it).

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im buying :4cloud: instead of :4cloud2: because that Buster Sword looks clean as hell.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Anyone know what this Fate Excella: The Umbral Star is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom