• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
That sweet feeling when Arms come out on your birthday.

Splatoon too looks pretty cool. That Salmon mode seems great.

Now, all I need is a Switch (and Breath of the wild)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, I'm surprised Arms didn't get some amiibo announced today. Now would have been the time to do so if they were to have them at all, IMO, especially since they showed off thirteen amiibo today.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you can customize your character, I'd totally make Coldsteel the edgehog

Chrono.

Honestly, my opinion on a character creator depends on how well it's implemented.

I don't think it's fair to judge it by the mere concept of being a character creator if it does turn out to be that, though. If anyone is judging a franchise by the actions of it's fandom, they're honestly. . .well, "unfair" would be the tactful phrase. Certainly there are several much less so words that could be used to describe the sort of people who think a franchise is bad just because the fandom gets into shenanigans that they largely don't even have to look at.

People are ridiculous, to be honest. Let the kids have their fun, no doubt most of the people being judgemental have as awkward or worse of hobbies with their time.

On one hand I want to say a character creator sounds like too much work to be it and the detail of the robots looking like Nega versions stood out as odd to me, but on the other hand it fits the theme of the game pretty much exactly considering Sonic's trying to build up a resistance force out of whoever he can find. Well, we'll see I guess.
I'm iffy on a Sonic character creator but I can agree with this.

People here tryna police how others play a game for no good reason.

D

Deleted member

The time difference between the :4cloud: :4corrin::4bayonetta: amiibos announcement and their release date is 584 days lmao.
Lmao I keep forgetting that it has been almost two years
God, it doesn't feel like those speculation days are that far away
It still seems like yesterday when we took Ridley debates as political ones

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lmao I keep forgetting that it has been almost two years
God, it doesn't feel like those speculation days are that far away
It still seems like yesterday when we took Ridley debates as political ones
By silencing the Ridley supporters

The alt Rid

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Final Yooka-Laylee update.

So I just beat the game, I also nabbed every collectible for a neat 100%.
Or 50.1%... the secret I found still doesn't do anything but say that. I wonder if it's just not in the game yet, since 64 bit mode apparently isn't either.

My thoughts...

It's my new game of the year so far, sorry Zelda.
How many people will want me dead for that?

It does have problems yes, but nothing worse than any other game. Yooka-Laylee holds it's own up to Banjo-Kazooie and then some. I don't know what the reviewers were smoking when they scored the game, I highly recommend it to platformer fans.

I might give a more in-depth review later, but for now, I'm content for the first time in 17 years. I just want to bask in it.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; I must now do the traditional summoning of a specific person from Source Gaming in light of this Nintendo Direct. I'm sorry; it'll be a while before I can do this summon again as is, I promise. :p

So.... @PushDustIn, where do we stand in regards to the possibility of a Smash Switch announcement at E3, be it a port or a brand new game entirely after what we found out today? These amiibo are throwing me off based entirely on the release dates (same day as Splatoon 2), so it makes me unsure at the moment if they impact anything. I still have hope in regards to Serkan Toto's tweet hinting at something based off its January 2016 date and how long its been since then.

Also, on a minor note, what do you think of the Neon Yellow Joy-Cons? (I think they're alright at best and could of been better). Seeing that Yellow is a favorite color of yours from my perspective, I might as well find out what you think about them.

Last edited:

Chrono.

It does have problems yes, but nothing worse than any other game. Yooka-Laylee holds it's own up to Banjo-Kazooie and then some. I don't know what the reviewers were smoking when they scored the game, I highly recommend it to platformer fans.
You kinda answered your own question there.

The game won't appeal much to people who don't like 3D platformers all that much nor grew up with Banjo Kazooie.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe in the wii u version of Sonic forces they could add Pikachu's tail as a customizable option for your avatar

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So folks.

Just real quick.

How do you feel about ARMS?

Yay, nay, or may?
Maybe for me. While I prefer more traditional fighters(2D and 3D alike), I'm willing to give an arena fighter a chance, aside from Smash.

Two on Two so far was the most interesting thing they've shown in a while. The game's coming out soon, but I need to see some features or modes. Even if it's just VS CPU.

I'm iffy on a Sonic character creator but I can agree with this.

People here tryna police how others play a game for no good reason.
Can't say I'd care too much. Outside of a good joke or two that could come out of it.

I'd probably be more excited if it were almost any other platforming franchise though.

Nah, Ridley is pretty politically neutral.

He has a left wing and a right wing.
Aight, that was clean.

MainJPW

M.T.A

This is objectively the best joke to come out of the Direct. lmao.

As funny as that is, I definitely got more of a Necky vibe from that silhouette.

image.jpeg

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Alright rewatching direct with no work interruptions...Let's see what I missed...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Interesting: On Twitter, Splatoon 2 has 14.9K Tweets while ARMS has 88.5K Tweets currently.

Didn't expect ARMS to not only get that much but to beat Splatoon as well.

D

Deleted member

It could've been cool if the switch pad itself was black(rather than grey, bleh) and the joy cons weren't such an ugly yellow.

Basically bee colors. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Interesting: On Twitter, Splatoon 2 has 14.9K Tweets while ARMS has 88.5K Tweets currently.

Didn't expect ARMS to not only get that much but to beat Splatoon as well.
Hey, we know what Splatoon is like.

We know it'll be good.

ARMS is unknown, so it prompts discussion.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Man... a lot of you don't like the Neon Yellow Joy-Cons, huh? I won't get angry about it, don't worry; I've said they're ok at best. :p

No hard feelings!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom