• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

There are 4 pieces of R34 for Min Min
Heeeeey, that's my job, you're going to put me out of work.

But that's fine, I'm not into noodle arms or fists.
Man... a lot of you don't like the Neon Yellow Joy-Cons, huh? I won't get angry about it, don't worry; I've said they're ok at best. :p

No hard feelings!
I just think they're wasting potential, I'm a fashion queen, when I see bad colors I get upset.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I just think they're wasting potential, I'm a fashion queen, when I see bad colors I get upset.
I suppose I can't blame you then for disliking these Joy-Cons in regards to the yellow they decided to use. :p

Although I wonder... will I be the only one here to get this specific color set of Joy-Cons? That would be surprising....

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You kinda answered your own question there.
That's no excuse for people comparing Yooka-Laylee to Mighty No. 9.

There's so much of a negative air around the game right now when it's a perfectly fine game. Don't like platformers? Yeah, not for them then, but that's no reason to piss all over the game, yet a lot of people apparently have full bladders.

Playtonic delivered exactly what they promised and I certainly hope to see more from them in the future.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't see myself getting Joy-Cons of ANY color as I don't have anybody to do local mutiplayer.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I suppose I can't blame you then for disliking these Joy-Cons in regards to the yellow they decided to use. :p

Although I wonder... will I be the only one here to get this specific color set of Joy-Cons? That would be surprising....
I Would like them more if they were purple and didnt assult my eyes

D

Deleted member

The problem I have in the first place is that the switch itself is grey, which doesn't go with the colors they have with the joy con so far. They should've made the switch black or white. Or hell, some kind of cool coloring and then have joy cons that go well with it.

Though it is a pretty ugly looking yellow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I'm not excited for highlighter colored joycons. When we get stuff like Cobalt and Crimson, then I'll be interested. The current red and blue are good, but I'd like a darker variation.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The problem I have in the first place is that the switch itself is grey, which doesn't go with the colors they have with the joy con so far. They should've made the switch black or white. Or hell, some kind of cool coloring and then have joy cons that go well with it.

Though it is a pretty ugly looking yellow.
I haven't really seen a problem with the Switch being gray in combination with the Joy-Con color options available, but then again, that's just my opinion.

Regardless, maybe our perspectives on it will change later on when its shown in the real world? Especially in the dark.

D

Deleted member

I haven't really seen a problem with the Switch being gray in combination with the Joy-Con color options available, but then again, that's just my opinion.

Regardless, maybe our perspectives on it will change later on when its shown in the real world? Especially in the dark.
No, clearly Nintendo needs to hire fab enough to handle colors. It's not even like I'm an artist or anything, but I'm really picky about colors.

Chrono.

Purple Joycons would definitely interest me.

I'm too much of an aesthetic nut to not pass up purple Joycons.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
God damn it there's a giant black bear right outside my car door and he isn't leaving. Go away bear, I need to get inside.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
No, clearly Nintendo needs to hire fab enough to handle colors. It's not even like I'm an artist or anything, but I'm really picky about colors.
I understand either way; I tend to prefer a sunflower kind of yellow compared to the banana colored Joy-Cons we saw today. Then again, that might change in the future... it just depends.

Chrono.

So I decided to take a massive trek on Hyrule from the Gerudo Great Fairy to the Akkala Tech Lab.

I was barely out of Gerudo when 5 of those Yiga ****s ambushed me. This is gonna be a long hike.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I decided to take a massive trek on Hyrule from the Gerudo Great Fairy to the Akkala Tech Lab.

I was barely out of Gerudo when 5 of those Yiga ****s ambushed me. This is gonna be a long hike.
The Yiga are really annoying. It's the worse part of finishing the Vah Naboris quest line.

Especially since it spawns a bunch of NPCs in Hyrule that turn into Yiga members when interacting with them.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Things I don't mention I probably don't care about or nothing much to really say...I do have to say I like this format they used for the presentation, going down a list with hints for some of the upcoming titles...

RPG Maker Fes
-As mentioned I hope the game comes with a decent amount of content to work with cuz I'm very intruiged by the potential this could have...I like RPGs so making my own could be quite fun, and I do have a few ideas for fantasy based stories...

:younglinkmelee::4link::4cloud::4cloud2:Amiibo Hype!!!!!!

Still want more info on Arms, Minmin hasn't really captured my attention, but I hope the roster will be deeper than at least 8 characters (based on what some people have found from the Direct)

They really should release more colours and options for Joy-cons...Zelda themes, Mario themes, whatever...bright colours or just grey is boring...step up your game Nintendo!!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
-still on my maybes, but as I mentioned before if they add Samus they've got my money...

Sonic Forces/Mania
-Hmmm...They're on my radar, I did enjoy SA2 back in the day but haven't really played any Sonic games since...I'm not really feeling the whole teaming up with another version of yourself thing going on in Forces though, it just seems weird to me, though unless I'm wrong it is something they've done before with Generations?...

Project Mekuru
-This is very similar to a minigame that was in Crash Bash...I thought Splatoon was similar in concept but now this is even moreso...

Puyo Puyo Tetris
-I downloaded the demo jus cuz...maybe it'll surprise me...I enjoy Tetris as much as the next guy so we'll see if this version captures me or not...

Monopoly
-I am legit tempted to get this...I remember spending HOURS playing Monopoly with my friends back in high school, and I'm sure some of my buddies today could be interested...I hope it comes with Nintendo based themes....

Splatoon 2
-Zombies!! This legit looks really fun, I did have a good time playing Splatoon on my Wii U but got bored after a couple weeks after clearing the story mode...But who knows maybe I'll pick up Splatoon 2 and give Salmon Run a go...

Chrono.

The Yiga are really annoying. It's the worse part of finishing the Vah Naboris quest line.

Especially since it spawns a bunch of NPCs in Hyrule that turn into Yiga members when interacting with them.
Actually the NPCs spawn as early as after you free your first Divine Beast (I very much remember running into my first one right after Van Medli).

But yeah, they're annoying, plus they're far more common on actual roads. The good thing is they're weak so I just Stasis then whack ahead and they die fairly quickly.

Free rupees too.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Actually the NPCs spawn as early as after you free your first Divine Beast (I very much remember running into my first one right after Van Medli).

But yeah, they're annoying, plus they're far more common on actual roads. The good thing is they're weak so I just Stasis then whack ahead and they die fairly quickly.

Free rupees too.
Really? I never noticed them until after I freed Vah Naboris.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey guys; here's a crazy theory for you regarding the amiibo. What if the 4 Smash amiibo on the CPSIA website are actually pertaining to new characters and the other amiibo have seperate CPSIA entries (which includes the alternate costumes of Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta) that are currently remaining unseen? Just a theory I thought of that is entirely based off a comment I saw recently regarding this on a YouTube video covering the amiibo announcement. As we know right now, we only have 4 CPSIA entries and I am uncertain if the alternate costumes of AC Cloud and Bayo 1 are going to get separate amiibo entries as is, so...

I never actually thought about this until I saw that comment, but it's an interesting perspective.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
That was a nice and basic direct. Can't wait to get Splatoon 2. ARMs is looking good, although I most likely won't get it at launch regardless. Was surprised to see Kirby, RPG Maker, Fate/Extella and the Amiibo. And don't worry Male Corrin, I will still get you, even if I want to get your Female version's Amiibo as well. I don't judge by gender.
Thanks based Uprising mode for me legitimately getting to see my Sombra highlight intro for what feels like the first time in forever.

Bless.
Sombra is amazing in PvE and so much fun. Just being able to shoot a Bastion with it not shooting back at all is amazing. Also, it's much easier dealing with those annoying Eradicators and their shields with her.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Finally back inside. I didn't want to have to resort to beeping the horn, but I had to. Poor guy got startled and ran away.

Ah well. Nothing else worked and this guy was huge.
Never fear Betsy Devos is here...

This was a black bear though. Betsy only mentioned grizzlies. D:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Free rupees too.
I think the Yiga start spawning after your trip to Kakariko...My first encounter with the Yiga was south of Hateno village and this was before doing my first Divine Beast...

After clearing the Gerudo Divine Beast arch, then their attacks intensify for obvious reasons...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom