• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh snap I forgot about that RPG Maker game....

I hope there's a decent amount of content to use for this maker...

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'd ****ing cackle if Sega came out at E3 and was all

''So....we bought Bubsy!"

AND....

''HE'S IN SONIC FORCES!"

Like legitimately cackling dead. Joker gas death cackling.
With how pro-memeist sega has been, it's only a step in the right direction.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Is minecraft on consoles still terrible?
I remember playing it on Xbox 360, and being given a super small map before invisible walls and being behind like 5 patces from the PC version.

Also, I feel like i've asked this exact question here before, but it doesn't matter if i have never played a disgaea game to get 5 right?
It's much better now. Maps are so much larger and it's closer to the PC version
Honestly, I'd ****ing cackle if Sega came out at E3 and was all

''So....we bought Bubsy!"

AND....

''HE'S IN SONIC FORCES!"

Like legitimately cackling dead. Joker gas death cackling.
I NEED THIS

D

Deleted member

You don't remember everyone here arguing why it was obvious that femcorrin would be the amiibo over the male one, and saying that both wouldn't happen because it'd be unfair for other alt appearances?
Everyone was just salty for no reason that Corrin was getting two Smash amiibos
Oh. My. Gosh. Shisho, the patterns are usually the same in most fighting games, once you memorize the inputs for one character, you're likely to remember it for most of the others.(This goes for most fighting games in general.) Down forward punch isn't that hard, you noobish boob.
No, they're not
They're unnecessarily complicated and holy **** why can't fighting games have simple inputs like Smash?
This game wasn't incuded in our Direct, right?
Yes, it's about what you think.
I was just going to post that
Good thing they found the true purpose for the Rumble HD

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If we're gonna have character creator in a platformer, can we not do it with Sonic?

Just echoing Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman here.
In SotN you could change the color of Alucard's cloak by finding different cloaks(including a cloak that allows you to change the color yourself), does that count? :p :p :p

Everyone was just salty for no reason that Corrin was getting two Smash amiibos

No, they're not
They're unnecessarily complicated and holy **** why can't fighting games have simple inputs like Smash?

I was just going to post that
Good thing they found the true purpose for the Rumble HD
WHAT?! What fighting games have you've been playing?

Oh right, JoJo on the PS1, no wonder why, I still can't do certain supers in those.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Honestly, not much really excited me from the Direct... Scarecrow's gameplay for Injustice 2 on the other hand...:grin: (I know it's not for Switch, I'm just describing my mood)
To be fair, Spla2oon does look good, I'll give it that.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not really, more of 中華 vibe actually. By looking her arms that has Dragon, and a really Chinese aesthetic stage.
This is true, but HER ARMS AND HAIR ARE RAMEN. And I'm pretty sure the dragon is just one of the variable fists, her actual power is that kick.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
In SotN you could change the color of Alucard's cloak by finding different cloaks(including a cloak that allows you to change the color yourself), does that count? :p :p :p
That's customization of a pre-existing character, which is perfectly okay.

I'm talking like kids recreating their furry fantasies.

D

Deleted member

That's customization of a pre-existing character, which is perfectly okay.

I'm talking like kids recreating their furry fantasies.
Oh, I know. It's just that I wish most games had at least just that, even outside of FPS and Fighting Games.

But yes, I agree, I think customization of your own OC(Sorry, I couldn't think of anything else) shouldn't be introduced in sonic either. For that exact reason. :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"I just got the Japanese Disgaea, I didnt feel like waiting"
"No one cares you weeb"
"but The game came in english?"
No one cares you weeb. :troll:
Oh, I know. It's just that I wish most games had at least just that, even outside of FPS and Fighting Games.
Well the game I'm replaying now, The Last of Us, has customization.

Speaking of which, I'm almost done with Grounded + Difficulty. I should get back to it now.

D

Deleted member

Well the game I'm replaying now, The Last of Us, has customization.

Speaking of which, I'm almost done with Grounded + Difficulty. I should get back to it now.
Yes, but that's a third person shooter.... Actually, now that I think about it, 3D games in general tend to have it whether they're shooters or action, it's just something that platformers don't really have all that often.

I just really like to customize.

Here's a Strawpoll concerning the whole third character of Sonic Forces.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12734990
I voted that I'd have to wait to see where it goes. But if it goes the way I expect it to, then my vote would probably change to the first option.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Thanks based Uprising mode for me legitimately getting to see my Sombra highlight intro for what feels like the first time in forever.

Bless.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Still hoping for an accordion-armed character for ARMS. :p

Also I told you guys not to expect a Smash hint, but hey. AC Cloud and Bayo1 Bayonetta were neat surprises. I'll probably pick up female Corrin and maybe original Cloud.

Fun fact: Ryu, Sonic, and Pac-Man are the only Smash third parties with a single amiibo. Coincidentally, they are the three who had games in the Direct today.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So folks.

Just real quick.

How do you feel about ARMS?

Yay, nay, or may?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Thanks based Uprising mode for me legitimately getting to see my Sombra highlight intro for what feels like the first time in forever.

Bless.
I came back to Overwatch because of this event... man have I gotten rusty.

I feel like I was the whole reason my team lost.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
What I really liked about this direct is that it seemed to 'trim the fat' so to say; so that when E3 rolls around we'll have all the big reveals during the digital event without the little announcements cluttering up said event.

I wasn't expecting much, but it still managed to exceed my expectations, mostly because Arms and Splatoon 2 had small, but strong showings... an overall solid direct imo.

Also, the Neo Geo stuff was definitely a nice surprise.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So folks.

Just real quick.

Yay, nay, or may?
Quoting myself because **** my Enter key backwards with a telephone pole:

- Minmin makes me thirsty.
- No, not like that.
- Maruchan's salty as hell, you see, and...ah, forget it.
- Mixed feelings on ARMS that will remain unresolved until I play it. Still buying it.

So folks.

Just real quick.

Yay, nay, or may?
Iffy

Gameplay looks pretty awkward being 100% neutral game. from what we've seen. Going to be waiting for reviews and livestreams to see if it is fun or not. But currently, you wont see me getting in line to buy it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The time difference between the :4cloud: :4corrin::4bayonetta: amiibos announcement and their release date is 584 days lmao.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Whi did you use the mist in your game? So far, Ive only been using Christo for everything. Serephina was benched right away

5 was my first Disgaea game and it gave a how to battle tutorial in the begining so Id say its safe to start that first
Killia - Sword, Magnus - Spear, Serepina - Bows, Christo - Support mage, Zeroken - Fist, Usaria, a Pirate - Guns, a Wrestler - Axes, a pixie who jumps across all magical monster lives, and a Sage - Damage mage.

The Pirate was the MVP.

RIP necromancers, couldn't have a third of the curse reigners after D3V an D4V.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So folks.

Just real quick.

Yay, nay, or may?
Meh.

Looks like it will be a flavour of the month game, then nobody cares about it after that.

Except for the people who like Rubber Girl and Minmin a bit too much.

Here's a Strawpoll concerning the whole third character of Sonic Forces.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12734990
I highly doubt that's what they are doing (if they are then "new character" is kind of a lie).

But I will be OK with the general concept. If the gameplay style used for the avatar is good then I won't care. I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with an avatar creator, personally.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So folks.

Just real quick.

Yay, nay, or may?
May...

2v2 was a decent surprise...

Would've liked more characters revealed though...I want my extendible boxing glove clown and scary as **** scarecrow with rope arms...
I also hope most of the characters aren't just going to be humanoid fighters in masks with <insert arm gimmick here>...though I suppose that's already the case...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Honestly, my opinion on a character creator depends on how well it's implemented.

I don't think it's fair to judge it by the mere concept of being a character creator if it does turn out to be that, though. If anyone is judging a franchise by the actions of it's fandom, they're honestly. . .well, "unfair" would be the tactful phrase. Certainly there are several much less so words that could be used to describe the sort of people who think a franchise is bad just because the fandom gets into shenanigans that they largely don't even have to look at.

People are ridiculous, to be honest. Let the kids have their fun, no doubt most of the people being judgemental have as awkward or worse of hobbies with their time.

On one hand I want to say a character creator sounds like too much work to be it and the detail of the robots looking like Nega versions stood out as odd to me, but on the other hand it fits the theme of the game pretty much exactly considering Sonic's trying to build up a resistance force out of whoever he can find. Well, we'll see I guess.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Meh.

Looks like it will be a flavour of the month game, then nobody cares about it after that.

Except for the people who like Rubber Girl and Minmin a bit too much.

I highly doubt that's what they are doing (if they are then "new character" is kind of a lie).

But I will be OK with the general concept. If the gameplay style used for the avatar is good then I won't care. I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with an avatar creator, personally.
It's a new character if it's got a canonical appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom