• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Seeing how Alph, Classic Wario, Female Villager and Male Wii Fit Trainer don't have unique poses in their renders I can see why they don't have amiibo.

I think at the very least Female Robin should get an amiibo.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok...so we got

-Ramen Noodles
-Salmon Zombies
-Frikking Monopoly
-Yellow Joy-cons

and...

-"HOLY **** TAKE MY MONEY NOW" new Link and Cloud amiibos!!!!

I still missed a good chunk of the direct due to being at work so I'll give more thoughts later....

But kind of disappointed only one new character announced for Arms and Splatoon 2 'zombies' actually looks pretty fun...

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who wasn't that impressed about Arms? It was mostly just stuff we already knew about and one new character. Nothing really wowed me about it
And seriously, considering how close to release we are, I doubt it'll even get 10 characters

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
there are more amiibos of Cloud ****ing Strife than there are of Pikachu hahah what is life anymore

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Thoughts on the Direct

• They ruined SF2.
  • New Kirby games were cool. Not gonna buy them though.
  • Hey Pikmin is alive.
  • 3DS got lots of cool 3rd Party support.
  • Switch got less cool 3rd Party support.
  • Got a new cat in Sonic.
  • Payday 2 WTF?
  • ARMS presentation was bad but the game looked awesome. Wait? HOLY CARP 4 PLAYER ARMS!!! Min Min was neat.
  • Salmon Run looks so awesome. I dig it.
Overall, okay I guess/10

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love that you can tell a somehwat class divide between who is excited for the Cloud Amiibos and who is excited for the Bayonetta amiibos.

Then you got the ****ing weebs excited because their waifu is getting an amiibo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Regarding Sonic Forces Green Hill Zone:

-Still in development. Modern Sonic even looked a little rough in the gameplay reveal from SXSW. Plus my experience following Kingdom Hearts: Aqua's Fun Ride in Darkness Land to it's release taught me just how much a game can improve graphically over such a short time span. Hell, even Sonic Unleashed looked very rough at first.

-Generations was criticsed for it's Classic Sonic levels having overly busy levels at times - looked pretty but was difficult to tell foreground from background at points, and GHZ was a big example. They may have toned down the complexity for that reason.

-The geometry looks blocky, but that could be intentional to reflect a "retro" aesthetic. It looks a lot like the SA2 GHZ in that sense.

-As people have noted, it looks like GHZ is under attack or something, so ot could have something to do with that.

-They'll likely be making compromises for the Switch version. Other versions could be effected by this too for all we know.

Don't want to come off as overly defensive but I'm just trying to present some logical reasoning behind why it looks off.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Thoughts on the Direct

• They ruined SF2.
  • New Kirby games were cool. Not gonna buy them though.
  • Hey Pikmin is alive.
  • 3DS got lots of cool 3rd Party support.
  • Switch got less cool 3rd Party support.
  • Got a new cat in Sonic.
  • Payday 2 WTF?
  • ARMS presentation was bad but the game looked awesome. Wait? HOLY CARP 4 PLAYER ARMS!!! Min Min was neat.
  • Salmon Run looks so awesome. I dig it.
Overall, okay I guess/10
What happened with SF2?

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Direct Thoughts:
  • Hey You Pikminchu seems ok, but Yoshi's New Island leaves me with little faith. The amiibo is neat though. And I mostly wanted to make that Pikachu joke because it's a dumb title.
  • I wish the best for Ever Oasis. I think it's got a tough road ahead of it to not be forgotten immediately. And I'm part of the problem, as I'm going to pass.
  • I guess we can say the 3DS is really and truly on its way out given how much attention Kirby, the grim reaper of systems, is giving it. Once you get them Kirby games, you're in your twilight. But seriously, couldn't one of them have shown up on the Switch instead? At least that one that's kind of 3d gives hope for the series moving in that direction.
  • Well now we know how you legitimately get those Skyward Sword and Majora's Mask costumes in BotW, hey? Very cool though.
  • SMASH AMIIBOS OUTTA NOWHERE! It'd be pretty random if the port didn't follow suit a few months later. But June or July or whenever they release is a pretty random time. Though Ima get both Clouds. Also shows how you should put little stock into those amiibo listings corresponding to the final tally.
  • MINMIN IS USING THE RAMRAM. This game is silly. Was hoping for another new character but oh well. Now that there are two females (who actually show their body), Ribbon Girl might have competition as far as thirsty boys go. Especially when the Minmin's theme is largely 日本 (if you know what that means... you're part of the problem, lol).
  • SLAPAMANDER
  • June release is real sucky and pretty much what I was expecting.
  • SLAP-A-MANder
  • When they announced the standalone Switch docks would be a "limited supply" I knew that meant they were only making four of them.
  • They announced other Switch stuff... which I now remember none of.
  • Splatoon has horde mode. Neat. I like the designs of the Salmon baddies, they look like something Rare would come up with. The game still isn't fooling me that it started life as a port... but it should be fun. Kinda was expecting more from the Direct in terms of Splatoon reveals.
  • July release is pretty great and earlier than I was expecting!
  • SLAPAMANDER! You think they were aware of the slap a man part, or were they just trying to be cute with the salamander pun? ;P
  • I like the Direct's new aesthetic and kept trying to read the headlines ahead of time. :3

All in all I give this direct an accidentally-inciting-violence-against-men/10.
Out of curiosity, what makes the June release bad?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So guys... with this Direct done, where do you believe Smash Bros. stands in regards to any sort of reveal at E3? The July release date for those amiibo give me the feeling we'll be waiting at least a couple of years at this point.
On the contrary, I think that gives them time to reveal a game before the Amiibo are actually out.

I don't see why a July release date would be a mark against it any more than any other release date, if anything post-E3 probably bodes better for it than pre-E3. Of course, I do tend to miss things others notice, but I don't see what's so damaging about the time frame.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I thought the ARMS presentation was better than the Splatoon presentation. Horde mode is cool but it was literally only that and amiibo shilling.

But both didn't show as much as I thought for having the Direct supposedly revolve around them.

I love that you can tell a somehwat class divide between who is excited for the Cloud Amiibos and who is excited for the Bayonetta amiibos.

Then you got the ****ing weebs excited because their waifu is getting an amiibo.
I don't know who you're implying is of the higher class here.

But July 21st is going to be a Cloudy day for me, let me tell you. :p

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who wasn't that impressed about Arms? It was mostly just stuff we already knew about and one new character. Nothing really wowed me about it
And seriously, considering how close to release we are, I doubt it'll even get 10 characters
I agree, Arms seems really underwhelming.

Though before anyone says anything, nah, I wasn't underwhelmed by the direct, it's what I expected. But I still remain underwhelmed by Arms and Splatoon, AKA Splarms.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't know who you're implying is of the higher class here.

But July 21st is going to be a Cloudy day for me, let me tell you. :p
Considering I'm buying both Clouds, both Bayonettas, and none Corrin.

I don't even know. I love all you Corrin weebs though. You're good people.

Chrono.

Okay, but the new Sonic character looks like a cat and history has taught us that cats are the best Sonic characters.

Big, Blaze, Honey. All gr8.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Arms still doesn't look remotely interesting to me, but ramen girl got me like.

So many amiibo, good lord.

Nothing else caught my eye other than what is Bubsy doing in Sonic.

In Yooka-Laylee news, I'm two quills away from having all five worlds 100%'d. They're lost in space...

But now that I've completed all the worlds, I feel pretty confident about my opinion of the game, though I still have to finish it.

For now, my ranking of the worlds:

1. Galleon Galaxy
  2. Moodymaze Marsh
  3. Capital Cashino
  4. Tribalstack Tropics
  5. Glitterglaze Glacier
I saw some reviews say that only the first world was good and then the game just dropped off from there, but that is in no way the case. Galleon Galaxy is straight up amazing, and Cashino isn't as empty as people make it out to bee.

I found the secret from the secret in the Toybox, but I have no idea what it's going to do...

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, forgot to say

VIOLENT KEN

I don't get it. He's been established for quite awhile.

Can't wait for Criminal Chun-Li and Pacifist M. Bison
DDon't tell me you're a noob too, you boob.

Either way it's not nearly as funny as male corrin getting an amiibo when people were previously ranting about male corrin and how it was so obvious that we were only going to get fem corrin.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
While ARMS does look cool, I was only really interested in the Splatoon part and it was pretty exciting, yay for horde mode!!
But I really, really, really want a Splatoon 2 Direct.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Please Lady Layton, come to the west, please. Monster Hunter Stories did, you can too

I believe in you
I'm pretty sure it will come, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

I just wonder if Level-5/Nintendo will make us wait another year or two after the Japanese release again....

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Just found this on the Japanese twitter.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can I just say?

Minmin is winwin.

She's seriously cool.

D

Deleted member

They're including the whole "touch the screen to perform special moves" thing.
To be fair, they did the exact same thing with the 3DS port of SF4.

It's annoying, but the intention is to appeal with people that can't do inputs in 2D fighters.(For some reason.)

Which is why one of my friends is even able to play the 3DS version of SF4, IDK why, but a lot of people have a hard time doing basic fighting game inputs.(Okay, to be fair, some are harder to understand, but still. Many people can hardly do a hadoken, if at all.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom