• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Arms looks godlike.
Minmin looks great, I like her Chinese vibe.
Amiibos got my attention of course.
And Fates isn't the game I solely excited, but my sister likes Fates so this means that my sis having more chance the pick the Switch up.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, that was a good direct. Nothing mindblowing though. Not worth staying up till 4 am over.

I will say this, Nintendo is really playing up Switch as a successor to both the 3DS and the Wii U, judging by the games.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nice direct. The Amiibo for Smash look great, loved the ARMS stuff, Splatoon is looking fun as well.

The kirby game not being on switch is pretty dumb imo though.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Final results:

Smash amiibo ere hype but the 2 new ones are not for me. SS Link and Regular cloud are the only 2 I care for
Kirby stuff was cool ( i feel like the fact we got a 3D kirby is being pretty undersold here
That Arms battle looked boring as heck (seriously I assumed they would try to make it look fast paced, ot be 100% poke) but the stuff surrounding it was good
Salmon Run will be great, but im sure terrible teammates will make me tear my heair out once or twice
Disgaea was known
Battle Chasers is nice because it is in indivisible
Payday 2 can be really hype for me as long as there is a large enough community.
The 3D Kirby is just an expanded minigame

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Final results:

Smash amiibo ere hype but the 2 new ones are not for me. SS Link and Regular cloud are the only 2 I care for
Kirby stuff was cool ( i feel like the fact we got a 3D kirby is being pretty undersold here
That Arms battle looked boring as heck (seriously I assumed they would try to make it look fast paced, ot be 100% poke) but the stuff surrounding it was good
Salmon Run will be great, but im sure terrible teammates will make me tear my heair out once or twice
Disgaea was known
Battle Chasers is nice because it is in indivisible
Payday 2 can be really hype for me as long as there is a large enough community.
I think there'd be more excitement about the New 3DS Kirby game if they gave info about it

"Multiplayer adventure" or whatever they said is kinda vague and makes me wonder if it's some kind of mini game or something

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yes, but you can't make your character an unkillable god of death
Thanks for reminding me how crazy you could make Firefight.

Reach was a good ass game. Fingers crossed for a remaster on PC.

The extra gameplay of Sonic Forces was cool. Although running through Green Hill, again, is pretty lame, but there does seem to be some interesting stuff going on there so maybe it won't feel like a rehash.

Chrono.

I think there'd be more excitement about the New 3DS Kirby game if they gave info about it

"Multiplayer adventure" or whatever they said is kinda vague and makes me wonder if it's some kind of mini game or something
I think that meant it'll be in the vein of Return to Dreamland.

Or at least that's what I think since I doubt they wouldn't do a main Kirby game for it's anniversary.

D

Deleted member

>No EOV
I WAS RIGHT HA, SUCK MY **** MOTHER****ERS! WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
>"Echoes has DLC now get out"
I mean, we could have gotten actual details or prices but nah
>Fate/Extella for Switch
WHAT!? WAS THIS ALREADY KNOWN AND I'M JUST LATE!? BECAUSE HOLY **** I WANT IT
>July 20smth
Oh well, I can still find it somewhere in my country even if it'll be relatively more expensive

I give it a "'no eov/10' but at least it had fate extella so 'saber will dry my tears/10'"
Oh well, you should have saved your money knowing that a new Nintendo system was coming and it was most likely going to have this concept. It's not like the Switch's gimmick was super secret before it's reveal.
I didn't buy a New 3DS though, I knew whatever games it'd get wouldn't be worth it but there are people who did because Nintendo promised them
I wanna eat Minmin
Oh...

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm slowly getting used to drawing on a tablet. Slowly. I'm tempted to get that Free Kirby game. Especially when you can deck out Sword Kirby with Fire Armor.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh HANG ON.

Just looking through the Switch lineup video parts relevant to me just now because the stream refused to be watchable.

I forgot the relevant "new" part of the character for a second and thought of Blaze, but while on second glance they clearly aren't, the giant robots in that shot look kinda like they have Nega coloration. . .this character looks dressed like Sonic and the SolVerse is kind of a counterpart universe of sorts. . .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Fire Emblem Echoes still looks cool.

The Kirby stuff made me feel warm and happy, as Kirby stuff should. Look forward to hearing about that secret multiplayer action game they mentioned.

In general, the 3DS is still alive and kicking. Has more cool exclusive content than the Switch does for this year, lol.

FINALLY, SMASH AMIIBO. THEY LOOK GREAT. GIMME.

Oh, Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania. Guess they're re-iterating the SXSW news for Nintendo fa-WAIT IS THAT MY SON CLASSIC SONIC? GREEN HILL ZONE AGAIN (but it looks beautiful)? NEW CHARACTER? HUUUH?

ARMS looks...like everything I expected it to be. I even called the "play shallow mini-games to unlock gear", to a tee. Doesn't look like it's for me, sorry. Definitely not buying at full price.

Rayman Legends Definitive Edition doesn't look worth a triple dip.

Spaltoon 2 Zombies? Nice, seems like a natural addition. Amiibo functionality looks better too. I also like how the hoard mode has cool lore behind it. This will definitely be a game I pick up when I get a Switch.

Looks like we'll have to wait until E3 for more interesting stuff, but I thought this was decent. Was hoping they'd end on a surprise though.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Post Direct Hell
swi12.jpg

Better than expected.
No Pokemanz costed me a line tho.

If you get the "SINNOH CONFIRMED" panel you win a cookie.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I thought I was crazy when I thought Green Hill didn't look too hot.
Well the games aren't finished yet. There's a chance for some polishing. Though one has to wonder how many times they'll re-use Green Hill. I would have guess Emerald Hill was the starting point or something, since that game is basically the Sonic 2 of Generations in a way.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I get Corrin I'd get female corrin.

But probably just going to get the Clouds

Still don't even have Bayonetta and Corrin

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Fine. Bayo's all mine for the taking.
He definitely getting the Corrins.
And Fate Extella means that my sis might be interested to Switch. She says she is getting one, but she thinks it isn't worth buying because there wasn't much games.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Direct Thoughts:
  • Hey You Pikminchu seems ok, but Yoshi's New Island leaves me with little faith. The amiibo is neat though. And I mostly wanted to make that Pikachu joke because it's a dumb title.
  • I wish the best for Ever Oasis. I think it's got a tough road ahead of it to not be forgotten immediately. And I'm part of the problem, as I'm going to pass.
  • I guess we can say the 3DS is really and truly on its way out given how much attention Kirby, the grim reaper of systems, is giving it. Once you get them Kirby games, you're in your twilight. But seriously, couldn't one of them have shown up on the Switch instead? At least that one that's kind of 3d gives hope for the series moving in that direction.
  • Well now we know how you legitimately get those Skyward Sword and Majora's Mask costumes in BotW, hey? Very cool though.
  • SMASH AMIIBOS OUTTA NOWHERE! It'd be pretty random if the port didn't follow suit a few months later. But June or July or whenever they release is a pretty random time. Though Ima get both Clouds. Also shows how you should put little stock into those amiibo listings corresponding to the final tally.
  • MINMIN IS USING THE RAMRAM. This game is silly. Was hoping for another new character but oh well. Now that there are two females (who actually show their body), Ribbon Girl might have competition as far as thirsty boys go. Especially when the Minmin's theme is largely 日本 (if you know what that means... you're part of the problem, lol).
  • SLAPAMANDER
  • June release is real sucky and pretty much what I was expecting.
  • SLAP-A-MANder
  • When they announced the standalone Switch docks would be a "limited supply" I knew that meant they were only making four of them.
  • They announced other Switch stuff... which I now remember none of.
  • Splatoon has horde mode. Neat. I like the designs of the Salmon baddies, they look like something Rare would come up with. The game still isn't fooling me that it started life as a port... but it should be fun. Kinda was expecting more from the Direct in terms of Splatoon reveals.
  • July release is pretty great and earlier than I was expecting!
  • SLAPAMANDER! You think they were aware of the slap a man part, or were they just trying to be cute with the salamander pun? ;P
  • I like the Direct's new aesthetic and kept trying to read the headlines ahead of time. :3

All in all I give this direct an accidentally-inciting-violence-against-men/10.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, I already got 2 of the 3 amiibo I actually care about. Mega Man and Samus. But Classic Cloud is kind of dope.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So guys... with this Direct done, where do you believe Smash Bros. stands in regards to any sort of reveal at E3? The July release date for those amiibo give me the feeling we'll be waiting at least a couple of years at this point.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, that's right, we got both male and female Corrin's anyway.

HAH EAT THAT PEOPLE THAT SAID THAT IT WAS JUST GOING TO BE JUST FEMALE CORRIN

Now that whole discussion seems silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
Did you see the Senran Kagura clip in the Japanese direct?

It has the series producer test boob physics on the HD rumble with water balloons and pudding. :joyful:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Looking at the clip, everything seems to also be destroyed, or at least "out of whack." The rivers are filled with Sand. It's a Green Hill that's probably dying

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So guys... with this Direct done, where do you believe Smash Bros. stands in regards to any sort of reveal at E3? The July release date for those amiibo give me the feeling we'll be waiting at least a couple of years at this point.
The amiibos coming in July is weird, but I'm still of the belief the port is coming in 2017, first half of 2018 at the latest (if Nintendo wants to pad out that half of the year).

I haven't really gathered my thoughts about the implications of the summer release date. It's possible they're releasing the current characters then and any new characters with the port.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Green Hill Zone returns in Sonic Forces

Regardless, this was a pretty decent Direct.

I'm still not completely sold on ARMS, but I'm still interested in it. I can tell MinMin is going to be a fan favorite.

Splatoon 2 still looks really good, that new mode looks pretty interesting too.

Wasn't expecting Pay Day 2 at all.

Probably going to pick up Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition to support the series.

Also seeing the final Smash amiibo was a surprise, and now that we have alternate amiibo for Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta, hopefully we see more of other characters.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's a good chance that we'll wait for a new installment that's full fledged. But a part of me still feels like we're going to see some port on Switch, even is said version will only include DLC, and not add extra stuff like Mario Kart 8 did. I mean, would you expect a Mario Kart 9 at some point? Probably right?

Though I think putting in all the 3DS stages with Wii-U styled visuals would be fine on it's own.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
Did you see the Senran Kagura clip in the Japanese direct?

It has the series producer test boob physics on the HD rumble with water balloons and pudding. :joyful:
Already seen it mate, my mates were having too much fun with them on my Twitter timeline.

Something about the style looks like the 3DS series too. Totally not another Versus style game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom