• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Smash amiibo finally. $5 says the Corrin amiibo will be exclusive.
Splatoon 2 is releasing earlier than most expected. Keeps the stream of releases steady.
Minecraft on Switch is HUGE, not that most Nintendo fans will care.
New Kirby games look okay, won't buy them.
Payday 2 is kind of random, but it's good that another mature game is coming out.
Bubsy the Bobcat in Sonic Forces?
Namco Museum reminds me of NES Remix.
Arms still looks "okay." Will be something you can talk about vs. something that needs to be experienced firsthand.
Hey Pikmin is looking a LOT better than what was previously shown off. I'm still skeptical, however, after hating Kirby Mass Attack.

More-or-less-what-was-expected/10

D

Deleted member

I don't get it. He's been established for quite awhile.

DDon't tell me you're a noob too, you boob.

Either way it's not nearly as funny as male corrin getting an amiibo when people were previously ranting about male corrin and how it was so obvious that we were only going to get fem corrin.
Doesn't make it any less funny

And where the hell have you been? I have seen literally no one believing it was just Fem Corrin because the rumor came from the fact there was an additional Smash amiibo listed

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm going to be honest, after looking at the Classic Sonic gameplay, the game is looking a off to me.

The level design is very flat, and I'm not a fan of the more simplistic artstyle. This could be a work in progress/Switch thing, but it's not leaving a good first impression.

I'm fine with the Modern Sonic gameplay we've seen.

As for the new character, I recall a rumor that the third gameplay style would involve you creating your own character. And honestly, that new character looks generic enough for that to be the case.

Of course, this is just rumor, but if it ends up true, this game will be ripped up to shreds.

I want to be excited for this game, but I'm feeling a lot of mixed messages here.

I'm hoping something changes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be fair, they did the exact same thing with the 3DS port of SF4.

It's annoying, but the intention is to appeal with people that can't do inputs in 2D fighters.(For some reason.)

Which is why one of my friends is even able to play the 3DS version of SF4, IDK why, but a lot of people have a hard time doing basic fighting game inputs.(Okay, to be fair, some are harder to understand, but still. Many people can hardly do a hadoken, if at all.)
It's not just doing them, it's reliably doing them and remembering them
It's hard to pull a specific input in the middle of a fight for some and having to memorize all of them doesn't help either

Chrono.

It's annoying, but the intention is to appeal with people that can't do inputs in 2D fighters.(For some reason.)

Which is why one of my friends is even able to play the 3DS version of SF4, IDK why, but a lot of people have a hard time doing basic fighting game inputs.(Okay, to be fair, some are harder to understand, but still. Many people can hardly do a hadoken, if at all.)
That reminds me of this old thing I saw.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Direct overall was just kinda eh.
Really only care about the Cloud amiibo though both Bayos looks good.
The new format was pretty slick

A far better route to go is by having an in depth practice mode teaching you all the different inputs.

As for the new character, I recall a rumor that the third gameplay style would involve you creating your own character
- Sonic game
- Create your own character

Oh no.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Man the 3DS SF4. Touchscreen controls made Guile a god in that game and will probably make him god in the new one. I guess can have some fun with that.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So my current amiibo want list is now
-BotW Zelda
-TP Link
-MM Link
-Cloud
-Cloud

-Maybe a Bayonetta if I actually have money....

Gawdammit Nintendo....stahp taking my money!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wouldn't Bubsy act just like Knuckles but couldn't climb?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
MINMIN IS USING THE RAMRAM. This game is silly. Was hoping for another new character but oh well. Now that there are two females (who actually show their body), Ribbon Girl might have competition as far as thirsty boys go. Especially when the Minmin's theme is largely 日本 (if you know what that means... you're part of the problem, lol).
Not really, more of 中華 vibe actually. By looking her arms that has Dragon, and a really Chinese aesthetic stage.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Smash amiibo finally. $5 says the Corrin amiibo will be exclusive.
Splatoon 2 is releasing earlier than most expected. Keeps the stream of releases steady.
Minecraft on Switch is HUGE, not that most Nintendo fans will care.
New Kirby games look okay, won't buy them.
Payday 2 is kind of random, but it's good that another mature game is coming out.
Bubsy the Bobcat in Sonic Forces?
Namco Museum reminds me of NES Remix.
Arms still looks "okay." Will be something you can talk about vs. something that needs to be experienced firsthand.
Hey Pikmin is looking a LOT better than what was previously shown off. I'm still skeptical, however, after hating Kirby Mass Attack.

More-or-less-what-was-expected/10
I was hoping one of those Namco collection games would be an Early Tekken title. There's been so many arcade collections like that but one's never been added. Seems like a waste to pass over the 90's titles.

At least the old Midway ones had MK2 and MK3.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, also the fact command lists look like ****ing Egipcian Hieroglyphs that need to be deciphered, like, what the hell just give me the buttons, is that so hard?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Doesn't make it any less funny
Not as funny as my platonic chemistry with you though.

And if you think Violent Ken is so funny, 1v1 me using him.

And where the hell have you been? I have seen literally no one believing it was just Fem Corrin because the rumor came from the fact there was an additional Smash amiibo listed
You don't remember everyone here arguing why it was obvious that femcorrin would be the amiibo over the male one, and saying that both wouldn't happen because it'd be unfair for other alt appearances?

It's not just doing them, it's reliably doing them and remembering them
It's hard to pull a specific input in the middle of a fight for some and having to memorize all of them doesn't help either
Oh. My. Gosh. Shisho, the patterns are usually the same in most fighting games, once you memorize the inputs for one character, you're likely to remember it for most of the others.(This goes for most fighting games in general.) Down forward punch isn't that hard, you noobish boob.

But...
Yep, there's some pretty pain in the ass inputs. For instance, performing Vega's supers in most SF games is a pain.(Except in SF4 for some reason despite it being the same input.) It's the only reason why I didn't main him up until recently.

Inputs are fine, but they don't have to be so unnecessary complicated.(I'm looking at you Fatal Fury.)

But I've doubt you've played Fatal Fury games Shisho. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of amiibo, using the Kirby series amiibo with Team Kirby Clash Delux totally breaks the early game.

My £50 investment is paying off.

D

Deleted member

A far better route to go is by having an in depth practice mode teaching you all the different inputs.
I agree, but the problem is that it's not so much that they don't know them as they can't perform them.

Even my bab who doesn't even play video games that much at all(aside from CoD zombies) can do fighting game inputs easily. I guess it's all about your rhythm. I think my friends just either do the inputs too slowly or they rush the input and do it incorrectly

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This game wasn't incuded in our Direct, right?
Yes, it's about what you think.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I don't get why Street Fighter still doesn't do this.

Arcsys fighters all have really in depth tutorials (GG Rev in particular has the best tutorial you'll ever see in a fighting game), Skullgirls has a really good one too, KOFXIV had a decent one that at least taught cancelling.

It took until SFV for them to do a tutorial and it was barebones as ****.

D

Deleted member

It's too amazing of a game, it'd overshadow Arms and Splatoon. So they're probably going to show this off at E3 to blow everyone away.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man the 3DS SF4. Touchscreen controls made Guile a god in that game and will probably make him god in the new one. I guess can have some fun with that.

I imagine Chun Li also being broken as hell too. I mean, even faster SBKs and Kikokens is no joke. Not to mention Balrog and M.Bison.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Who knows. They all might be exclusive.
There's always that chance, but it helps that Cloud/Bayonetta are 3rd Party.

About this.

How big do we actually think it'll be?
It's not a game changer or anything, but having secured it this early into the system's lifespan (unlike the Wii U version) is a sign in the right direction towards what Nintendo needs to do to ensure the Switch succeeds. Plus it sounds like a match made in heaven if it runs out-of-dock well enough.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

Oh god I was hoping Summer 2017 meant June. Cannot wait for this. Seems like we may even be getting creation contest(s) like Japan is having right now for money and potential story adaptations. HYPE.

Is minecraft on consoles still terrible?
I remember playing it on Xbox 360, and being given a super small map before invisible walls and being behind like 5 patces from the PC version.

Also, I feel like i've asked this exact question here before, but it doesn't matter if i have never played a disgaea game to get 5 right?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
>Sees a new Senran Kagura game for Switch

>Sees it's some kinda dating sim spinoff thing

Stop making spinoffs and gimme a new damn SK brawler. >:[

I'd even take another Versus game over this.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I am so torn on going through that game again.
But I also dug into so little of the post-game.
Like, first Marjorita fight and Asagi's forces.
Whi did you use the mist in your game? So far, Ive only been using Christo for everything. Serephina was benched right away
Also, I feel like i've asked this exact question here before, but it doesn't matter if i have never played a disgaea game to get 5 right?
5 was my first Disgaea game and it gave a how to battle tutorial in the begining so Id say its safe to start that first

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly, Create a Character in a platformer would be cool/ground breaking...

But....let's not put it in Sonic the Hedgehog first.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Honestly, it looks beautiful and so much like Bumblebee.

10/10.

They look alright to me (coming from the guy who loves the color Yellow); many have called these not so good looking, however. I'll probably end up buying them anyway.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Is minecraft on consoles still terrible?
I remember playing it on Xbox 360, and being given a super small map before invisible walls and being behind like 5 patces from the PC version.

Yeah you don't need to, it's like Final Fantasy.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, Create a Character in a platformer would be cool/ground breaking...

But....let's not put it in Sonic the Hedgehog first.
I don't know what you're talking about, clearly Sonic has already done it before.
:p

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Woke up in time for the Direct discussion. Sweet.

So some thoughts so far.

- Feel that 3DS had the better presentation set overall, but some good stuff all round.
- Hey! Pikmin, Ever Oasis, Monster Hunter Stories, and RPG Maker Fes (**** yes) are gonna make me pick up my 3DS again.
- (insert Az meme here)
- Will post anything I develop in RPG Maker Fes. Will be terrible. You're welcome in advance.
- Miitopia is basically what I've wanted ever since Tomodachi Life, I'm in.
- Probably some of y'all are in too if I get your Miis.
- My little Bihldorff. The ****ing Regginator. Alright I'm good, let's carry on.
- Kirby games also looking solid.
- New amiibo for LoZ, Smash, and Splatoon. There goes that paycheck.
- Minmin makes me thirsty.
- No, not like that.
- Maruchan's salty as hell, you see, and...ah, forget it.
- Mixed feelings on ARMS that will remain unresolved until I play it. Still buying it.
- Buying MK8D. Nice to finally know when.
- Evil Ryu and Violent Ken. Haha **** that noise son.
- Cautiously optimistic for Sonic Forces.
- Very, very cautiously.
- Like Sigurd, I've been burned before.
- Project Makuru looks like Bomberman and Splatoon had hot sloppy relations for procreative purposes.
- Yes I know that's only half true.
- I wanted to say that line. Tell me you wouldn't.
- Probably pick it up on sale.
- I don't know what the **** a Fate/Extella is but sure why not.
- Disgaea 5 Complete, snapping it up. Paging Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo , that's one confirmed for you.
- Puyo Puyo Tetris. Holy ****, it's Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.
- Monopoly would actually look hype as ****, if it weren't Monopoly.
- I like how they hid the title until the headline. Setup for the disappointment.
- Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition will probably be the one I finally pick up, seeing as I've put it off this long.
- Gonna drink those extra-salty tears when all you get is a Travis Touchdown cameo in Sine Mora EX.
- But seriously haven't been handed so much **** since Yahaha! You found me!
- Thank you Namco Museum for providing me a llist of more games I need to pick up for my RetroPie.
- Standalone plastic for the masses, huzzah.
- July 21 needs to ****ing get here.
- You can't talk Octarians and then tell me one more thing like that man you're tugging these heartstrings.
- Where's my playable Octolings you ****s.
- Still no real word on Callie and Marie, while you're at it.
- Salmon Run looks amazing - as long as we get some varied locales, cause that one island was tiny.
- Last time amiibo unlocked challenges, this time amiibo are mannequins. Understandable, still less exciting.
- Ain't nobody gonna read this because of my goddamn Enter key.
- Oh, and the length.
- But mostly the Enter key.
- ****'s sake Enter key get with the program.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly, I'd ****ing cackle if Sega came out at E3 and was all

''So....we bought Bubsy!"

AND....

''HE'S IN SONIC FORCES!"

Like legitimately cackling dead. Joker gas death cackling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom