• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Anyone has a super yolo guess for today's direct?
Probably DP remakes right now, but with signs they'll incorporate more elements from the third version, unlike OR/AS and what those games did with Emerald content.

Dunno, but I can't help but think they need to incorporate third version elements more than ever to put gen 4 in a more positive light amongst the fans.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Super Yolo?

The Inklings being pushed as hard as they are? Somehow are guest characters in Arms to get that Splatoon money to go to Arms guaranteeing another hit new IP for Nintendo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Probably DP remakes right now, but with signs they'll incorporate more elements from the third version, unlike OR/AS and what those games did with Emerald content.

Dunno, but I can't help but think they need to incorporate third version elements more than ever to put gen 4 in a more positive light amongst the fans.
Why are their fans that don't like gen 4>

MainJPW

M.T.A
Wasn't she in the Rio Sonic and Mario?
Yup, but for all we know she could be there to promote the Toon series...I guess. I wouldn't put too much stock in her inclusion unless she outright appeared in a main series title, I don't expect her to appear in Forces but since she makes a brief appearance in the Sonic Channel comic strips (which supposedly depicts the characters during their downtime) I could see it happening somewhere down the line.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Indeed, Platinum is way superior to DP, not only because the improved engine but also for the way Giratina was incorporated.

Emerald added Rayquaza just to tell Groudon & Kyogre to shut the **** up in a cutscene.

Platinum introduced that awesome place called Distorsion World to catch Giratina in an intense af battle

DP remakes should include that area, even if it has to be part of a post-game "Platinum Episode"

So, yeah, gimme that third version stuff GF.

D

Deleted member

I still stand with my predictions for the Direct
I'll try to find tge post after it because now I'm too lazy
Asugi and Midori. Then add Hinoka and Sakura in the mix.

It might have been easier to imagine if S-ranks were in previous FE games, but S-ranks did first appear in Awakening. That being said, A+ ranks were added in Fates, but they were more a gameplay thing since they didn't have any dialogue. But they are a thing now, so IS can expand upon them and hopefully give them dialogue in a future game.
Oh yeah, those two...

As for platonic A/S endings, we've had them since the GBA era with stuff like MarcusXMerlinus, HeathXVaida and AmeliaXDuessel, we just need to get them back
Hell, even most of the romantic ones in FE7 don't end up with marriage due to FE6various unfortunate circumstances
"I want to platonically spend the rest of my life with you!"
Some people don't need romantic relationships, they just want someone they can trust and can spend time with

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Why are their fans that don't like gen 4>
Gen 4 is one of the most divisive generations, with fans either loving it or hating it. In fact, from what I've seen amongst fans, it's up there with gen 6 for one of the most hated generations of Pokemon. Fans had problems with gen 4 such as the slow battle and surfing speeds in DP, the unbalanced Sinnoh Dex in DP, the fog mechanic, over-reliance of HMs just like in Hoenn, Sinnoh not being a memorable region, the story and its characters, etc. I'm sure someone else here can list the rest of the problems; there's a good number of people in this thread that did not like gen 4.

Personally, one of my unpopular opinions is that gen 4 is my favorite generation. My biggest problems such as the battle+surfing speeds and the lack of the evolved Pokemon cast in the initial Sinnoh Dex (the problem really shows with Volkner and Flint's DP teams), but Platinum fixed both of these issues for me. With that generation, there were plenty of things I liked: Cyrus and the Team Galactic admins, the majority of the Sinnoh Pokemon designs (I'd say Sinnoh had the best Pokemon designs IMO), the Underground, the Wifi Club, the Poketch, Looker's debut, Cynthia, the Gym Leaders (namely Roark, Byron, Candice, Volkner, Crasher Wake), the Elite Four (especially Lucian), the challenge the games had, the return of the Battle Frontier, the introduction to Wifi play and the Global Terminal, some great music, I could go on and on. I also thought the anime was decent for its time, and so was the spinoff lineup.

In all, gen 4 is when I had my fondest Pokemon memories.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gen 4 is one of the most divisive generations, with fans either loving it or hating it. In fact, from what I've seen amongst fans, it's up there with gen 6 for one of the most hated generations of Pokemon. Fans had problems with gen 4 such as the slow battle and surfing speeds in DP, the unbalanced Sinnoh Dex in DP, the fog mechanic, over-reliance of HMs just like in Hoenn, Sinnoh not being a memorable region, the story and its characters, etc. I'm sure someone else here can list the rest of the problems; there's a good number of people in this thread that did not like gen 4.

Personally, one of my unpopular opinions is that gen 4 is my favorite generation. My biggest problems such as the battle+surfing speeds and the lack of the evolved Pokemon cast in the initial Sinnoh Dex (the problem really shows with Volkner and Flint's DP teams), but Platinum fixed both of these issues for me. With that generation, there were plenty of things I liked: Cyrus and the Team Galactic admins, the majority of the Sinnoh Pokemon designs (I'd say Sinnoh had the best Pokemon designs IMO), the Underground, the Wifi Club, the Poketch, Looker's debut, Cynthia, the Gym Leaders (namely Roark, Byron, Candice, Volkner, Crasher Wake), the Elite Four (especially Lucian), the challenge the games had, the return of the Battle Frontier, the introduction to Wifi play and the Global Terminal, some great music, I could go on and on. I also thought the anime was decent for its time, and so was the spinoff lineup.

In all, gen 4 is when I had my fondest Pokemon memories.
LOL, I didn't even notice the slow surfing speed in DP until I played Platinum and replayed DP

Also, I didn't have any problems with gen 6 despite the story being lackluster

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
LOL, I didn't even notice the slow surfing speed in DP until I played Platinum and replayed DP

Also, I didn't have any problems with gen 6 despite the story being lackluster
I didn't have that many problems with gen 6 either. In fact, I really enjoyed all of the gameplay improvements gen 6 brought not to mention it had my favorite anime season. I even enjoyed ORAS to the point I considered it my best Hoenn experience. Story and the lack of a post-game were among the things I disliked though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My favorite game in the series is still the gen 4 SoulSilver and HeartGold

D

Deleted member

GEN 4 IS GARBAGE

Is what Shisho would say, but I really like gen 4, without the changes made with it, we'd be stuck with a lot of weird stuff from the old games like how physical and special moves worked.

In fact, the one reason why I wouldn't mind another remake or setting in Kanto is because Fire Red was right before pokemon got refurbished.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My YOLO guesses:

Smash Bros somehow is teased here.

Pokemon Red Sun Blue Moon announced, my aforementioned idea of Red and Blue squels that are also Sun and Moon sequels.

Pokemon Colosseum HD

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Kinda hoping for a :4drmario: reveal in the Direct.

Dr. Mario hasn't missed any console since its debut (except Game Boy Color & Virtual Boy).

D

Deleted member

GEN 4 IS GARBAGE

Is what Shisho would say, but I really like gen 4, without the changes made with it, we'd be stuck with a lot of weird stuff from the old games like how physical and special moves worked.

In fact, the one reason why I wouldn't mind another remake or setting in Kanto is because Fire Red was right before pokemon got refurbished.
I don't hate Gen 4... just the Sinnoh games
HGSS are one of my favorite games and I have replayed it so much that I lost count(once with Chikorita, twice with Cyndaquill and an undetermined amount of times with Totodile) and a play-tike count that'd probably break 1000 hours if it wasn't split between my original DSi, 3DS and 3DSXL

I totally forgot there was a direct today until I read the title. . .and then I forgot again until I read this thread. Work is breaking my brain

I would be ok with Gen 4 remakes in the hopes I would finally be able to say I like every region. Of course that would mean replaying SS but I know I wont get that result from platinum :p

I also I want an excuse to use gallade and Luxray

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
That feeling when you discover Bandicam can record your voice and face via webcam. :p

That additional feeling on determining if recording myself reacting to this direct with the webcam enabled is even a good idea. :p

D

Deleted member

My YOLO guesses:

Smash Bros somehow is teased here.

Pokemon Red Sun Blue Moon announced, my aforementioned idea of Red and Blue squels that are also Sun and Moon sequels.

Pokemon Colosseum HD
Pokemon Colosseum HD? Well, it's still more likely than Melee HD FGC edition happening. :p

I don't know why people want HD ports of games like Melee and Colosseum though, it worked for wind waker, but wind waker was a cell shaded game. I'd rather have a sequel to the Colosseum games(which makes way more sense because it'd include modern elements of the pokemon games, re-releasing pokemon game with only old pokemon and old game mechanics doesn't make much sense with how the series is handled.) And just have melee get completely remastered.
I don't hate Gen 4... just the Sinnoh games
HGSS are one of my favorite games and I have replayed it so much that I lost count(once with Chikorita, twice with Cyndaquill and an undetermined amount of times with Totodile) and a play-tike count that'd probably break 1000 hours if it wasn't split between my original DSi, 3DS and 3DSXL
When people say gen 4 remakes though, they're talking about Sinnoh. And I'm also talking about Sinnoh, I liked Sinnoh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think anyone expecting even the slightest thing about Smash in this Direct will be sorely disappointed. At most, we'll get the final amiibo info, since male and female Corrin are compatible with Echoes.

They're not gonna tease Smash.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I heard there was an MK8D bundle leaked from Nintendo Russia, so I decided to take a look and analyze it, just like the good ol' days of Smash 4 leaks

Right on the get go, it's not consistent at all. The front says it has the gray Joy-Cons while the side shows colored ones. That makes no sense...

Also, look at the box of the game. You can't say it's printed on the box because parts of it are beyond the corners of the Switch box, but it can't be the actual game box either because I compared it with my BotW cover and my Switch box and it's about two times bigger than it should be if it's the actual box with the cartridge inside...

First picture alone is a mess that debunks the whole thing by itself.

Not gonna lie, that one was actually believable for me. But the first picture is just a huge mess...

With that said, I hope a MK8D bundle for the Switch still happens anyway. It's just that this particular leak looks like a poorly done fake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think anyone expecting even the slightest thing about Smash in this Direct will be sorely disappointed. At most, we'll get the final amiibo info, since male and female Corrin are compatible with Echoes.

They're not gonna tease Smash.
I'd say they'd obviously save it for E3 but at the same time, they couod announce it earpier and generate hype prior to it to get more people to watch their E3 presentation
So ot's a question of : "setting up the hype" or "blowing up E3 with a big surprise"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I heard there was an MK8D bundle leaked from Nintendo Russia, so I decided to take a look and analyze it, just like the good ol' days of Smash 4 leaks

Right on the get go, it's not consistent at all. The front says it has the gray Joy-Cons while the side shows colored ones. That makes no sense...

Also, look at the box of the game. You can't say it's printed on the box because parts of it are beyond the corners of the Switch box, but it can't be the actual game box either because I compared it with my BotW cover and my Switch box and it's about two times bigger than it should be if it's the actual box with the cartridge inside...

First picture alone is a mess that debunks the whole thing by itself.

Not gonna lie, that one was actually believable for me. But the first picture is just a huge mess...

With that said, I hope a MK8D bundle for the Switch still happens anyway. It's just that this particular leak looks like a poorly done fake.
It's on their website...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom