• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'd say they'd obviously save it for E3 but at the same time, they couod announce it earpier and generate hype prior to it to get more people to watch their E3 presentation
So ot's a question of : "setting up the hype" or "blowing up E3 with a big surprise"
>Earpier

What does ear piercing have to do with any of this?

Today, in the randomly-discovered video category:

Careful, this constitutes as like farming, which would be breaking the rules established in the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd say they'd obviously save it for E3 but at the same time, they couod announce it earpier and generate hype prior to it to get more people to watch their E3 presentation
So ot's a question of : "setting up the hype" or "blowing up E3 with a big surprise"
The thing is the Direct is ARMS and Splatoon 2 focused. Hinting at any not-previously-announced game, ESPECIALLY Smash, would take away from those two.

E3 is the earliest I think we'll see Smash so much as teased.

D

Deleted member

>Earpier

What does ear piercing have to do with any of this?

Careful, this constitutes as like farming, which would be breaking the rules.
I'm typing on my phone, gimme a break
The thing is the Direct is ARMS and Splatoon 2 focused. Hinting at any not-previously-announced game, ESPECIALLY Smash, would take away from those two.

E3 is the earliest I think we'll see Smash so much as teased.
Yeah, it is focused but that doesn't mean it'll only be about that
I don't believe we'll get any big announcements because E3 is in two months but a simple teaser(as in, nothing new except "this **** exists") at the end is enough to generate hype

D

Deleted member

I'm just pulling your leg, I've made worse typos on my phone especially since I got a custom keyboard and keep on forgetting to turn off autocorrect. Usually I'd be on it right now but I'm using the school PC.

I don't believe we'll get any big announcements because E3 is in two months but a simple teaser(as in, nothing new except "this **** exists") at the end is enough to generate hype
You just doubt the power of SplArms.
Can't see him doing that if Grodd is bulletproof like in the comics.
Pretty sure that Grodd is allergic to peanut butter which deadshot can kill him with by shooting peanut butter out of his gun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
A simple teaser today (even if its pretty unlikely) would easily be enough for me and pretty much everyone else in regards to Smash. From there, I can feel assured that it exists and it will be something to look forward to.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is my ideal smash trailer. They announce new a new character.... Alm, and he's another clone of Marth. :p

That'd be beautiful.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Even something like that would steal the spotlight away from the main event games, and they, ESPECIALLY Arms, need that spotlight. They did that with E3 2011 and virtually all news articles were about Smash being confirmed to exist.

They won't tease Smash here. It'd take away from Splatoon 2 and ARMS, the latter of which needs more people to be sold on it due to being a new IP. A Smash teaser would leave it DOA.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ok One Piece fans, prepare to cry as much as Luffy did on that fateful day.

I give two Den Den Mushi poops if Ace is similar to Natau. There's just no way in hell he will win. And he barely accomplished much before his death.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This is my ideal smash trailer. They announce new a new character.... Alm, and he's another clone of Marth. :p

That'd be beautiful.
"Some people just want to watch the world burn." - My Cocaine

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Inb4 10 minutes of 3DS games and 30 of Splatoon/ARMS dev talk.

RIP Bingo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

That'd be beautiful.
No joke, I'd love it if Alm and/or Celica were playable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not a fan of the colored joycons

Now if they add midnight and atomic purple addition they have my money

D

Deleted member

I do this all the time. Nobody gives a **** about that rule.
I've probably just never noticed.

Though it is debate on what exactly what "like farming is", I don't think it should be against the rules to post something funny, it's just that more input is needed than "hey guys, I found a funny".

Actually, now that I think about it, that does happen a lot in this thread. *coughoftenwhentwitterisembedcough* But no one seems to mind.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've probably just never noticed.

Though it is debate on what exactly what "like farming is", I don't think it should be against the rules to post something funny, it's just that more input is needed than "hey guys, I found a funny".

Actually, now that I think about it, that does happen a lot in this thread. *coughoftenwhentwitterisembedcough* But no one seems to mind.
Honestly, its just formalities to make this place look professional. :4villager:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Might as well post some predictions:

Splatoon 2: New stages revealed, new weapons, a look at the single player, amiibo, the announcement of another Test Fire, and a release date.

ARMS: Some new characters, a look at the single player, release date, possibly an amiibo announcement.

Fire Emblem: Another look at Echoes, maybe another Warriors teaser.

3DS: Pikmin 3DS confirmed to still be a thing, also the announcement of a couple smaller titles.

Indies: Announcement of more indie games coming to the Switch, hopefully we'll learn something about the Switch version of Yooka-Laylee.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Can't see him doing that if Grodd is bulletproof like in the comics.
Booooo
I'm just pulling your leg, I've made worse typos on my phone especially since I got a custom keyboard and keep on forgetting to turn off autocorrect. Usually I'd be on it right now but I'm using the school PC.

You just doubt the power of SplArms.

Pretty sure that Grodd is allergic to peanut butter which deadshot can kill him with by shooting peanut butter out of his gun.
He'll shoot peanut butter covered bullets

Predictions:

90% of the people here who dont care for Splatoon or Arms hate it

The other 9% think it is about what they expected

I wind up being content with the content.

:p

D

Deleted member

>Be Xander
>At 7HP
>Enemy Paladin with Brave Lance
>Strikes 4 times
>65% hit
>Dodge the first two
>Counterattack
>Paladin procs Vengeance
>Shield Stance activates on it
>Kills on the fourth
Lesson learned: when things seem like they might work, life kicks you in the balls

Anyways, some final prsdicfions for today:
-I get bored with Splatoon 2: Electric Boogaloo and Arms
-No EOV because **** me
-One last and hype Echoes trailer
-Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2 localisation announced
-Obligatory EShop **** montage
Even something like that would steal the spotlight away from the main event games, and they, ESPECIALLY Arms, need that spotlight. They did that with E3 2011 and virtually all news articles were about Smash being confirmed to exist.

They won't tease Smash here. It'd take away from Splatoon 2 and ARMS, the latter of which needs more people to be sold on it due to being a new IP. A Smash teaser would leave it DOA.
I have no idea what DOA means but I don't see how a teaser will draw people away from another game
Well, let's do it like this, Arms character confirmed for Smash, now we get that hype :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's on their website...
I dont think you noticed but:

People regular over analyze stuff, especially the leaks for smash so they were comparing the MK8 bundle leak to how smash ones were treated.

Anyway 22 minutes left!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I saw Beauty and the Beast. It was spectacular. Favourite movie of 2017.

Now I need live action Aladdin.

D

Deleted member

Anyways, some final prsdicfions for today:
-I get bored with Splatoon 2: Electric Boogaloo and Arms
-No EOV because **** me
-One last and hype Echoes trailer
-Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2 localisation announced
-Obligatory EShop **** montage

I have no idea what DOA means but I don't see how a teaser will draw people away from another game
Well, let's do it like this, Arms character confirmed for Smash, now we get that hype :p
DOA=Dead on arrival. Which I mean, Arms might be anyway considering how underwhelming it looks, but still.

IDK, SplArms doesn't seem like an interesting direct to me unless there's more to it.

But yes, I do like your idea.

I saw Beauty and the Beast. It was spectacular. Favourite movie of 2017.

Now I need live action Aladdin.
>People on this thread liked the new Beauty and the Beast movie

You people have poor taste! Or I'm just salty that beast as a human prince doesn't look as handsome as he should, he was more fancy as a beast.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Does anyone know if anything people say changes after acquiring the Master Sword?

Considering you can get the Master Sword at anytime, I'd imagine any lines that mentioned you not having it would be removed and probably replaced entirely.

D

Deleted member

DOA=Dead on arrival. Which I mean, Arms might be anyway considering how underwhelming it looks, but still.

IDK, SplArms doesn't seem like an interesting direct to me unless there's more to it.

But yes, I do like your idea.

>People on this thread liked the new Beauty and the Beast movie

You people have poor taste! Or I'm just salty that beast as a human prince doesn't look as handsome as he should, he was more fancy as a beast.
That was a problem with the original as well
I'd rather become a furry then bang that ugly ass prince

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Predictions:

90% of the people here who dont care for Splatoon or Arms hate it

The other 9% think it is about what they expected

I wind up being content with the content.

:p
These peeps better not be takin' the wind out of my sails, yo.

We were warned ahead of time and I'm actually hyped for Splatoon 2 news.

. . .Although IMO I see people getting madder about the 3DS games. There it goes from "games that don't exist because they aren't Mario" to "Nintendo is still supporting their hardware base that actually has a significant number of active users? WHY?!"

D

Deleted member

Remember when I said earlier that I'm skipping the direct?
I changed my mind. I'm not gonna visit the thread, though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well less than 15 minutes remaining. Now to decide what chat client to react on.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
To be honest?

The 3DS does need to die.

It's just simple logic. Why have two mobile systems? Why create a game for the 3DS when the Switch gives you more benefits.

Better graphics, the ability to play the same game on the go and at home, better online experience most likely, etc.

The 3DS being around is a DUMB business move. You support it. You get a bunch of cheap asses who refuse to install into the system with the better benefits.

Fight me about it if you must, but the 3DS had it's time and it is no longer needed IMO.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Staring at the direct feed I just noticed that Spring Man has his hair shaped like a spring too.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The 3DS being around is a DUMB business move. You support it. You get a bunch of cheap ***** who refuse to install into the system with the better benefits.

Fight me about it if you must, but the 3DS had it's time and it is no longer needed IMO.
They're doing a GBA/DS scenario.

They're just phasing out the 3DS.

It's fine.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Taking a break from a Netflix series for this Direct. Much to my little sister's dismay.

I don't expect anything exciting (ARMS still hasn't caught my attention, and I plan to get Splatoon 2 but I already know what I need to about it), but I'm watching in case a little surprise comes up. I assume they have a good reason for making it a general Direct and not just flat out dubbing it "Splatoon 2 & ARMS Direct".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom