• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, in Gaiden, there was a "glitch"(I'm not sure if it's intentional or not) that allowed Celica to recruit some characters from Alm's route because the route to Ram Village isn't blocked off until she visits Zofia Castle. This allows her to recruit Silque and one of the villagers(dunno which of them it is) if Alm didn't as they're optional.
Echoes still has this(and Faye is also recruitable this way), but now Celica has special dialogue for when visiting it and recruiting those characters, apparently.

This is interesting because these characters all open up some possibilities that aren't normally possible in Celica's route but considering how supports work, it's not that worth it. Also because you'd be hurting Alm's side as the character ratio is even between them normally.

Also also, am I the only one who finds it funny that the only Sword-wielding class line(outside of the two Lords) is Mercenary->Myrmidon->Dread Fighter?
What drugs were IS on to make a Pirate that turns into a Samurai and then a Ninja?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
were they on call and were running a red light legaly or did he ligit break the law?

I wish I could live with you, I be it will be exciting
They were just showing off.
Here's the thing: a huge police convoy was passing; easily +20 trucks, "well, probably a high impact crime happened" we thought, but Nope, after the crash we discovered it was just a convoy for the police director whose car was also involved in the accident. Those patrols like to spam the beep-beep thing to bypass redlights at high speed even when they are not answering a call; many of them did the same thing today and tangled in the crash.

What did the uninjured director?
Got the **** out of there before the reporters arrived.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
They were just showing off.
Here's the thing: a huge police convoy was passing; easily +20 trucks, "well, probably a high impact crime happened" we thought, but Nope, after the crash we discovered it was just a convoy for the police director whose car was also involved in the accident. Those patrols like to spam the beep-beep thing to bypass redlights at high speed even when they are not answering a call; many of them did the same thing today and tangled in the crash.

What did the uninjured director?
Got the **** out of there before the reporters arrived.
Just another normal day in Mexico I assume? All your stories, I swear

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Famitsu had a Sonic Forces article, including an interview which states the third gameplay type isn't Boom Sonic. Good. That'd be a waste of all the build up
Not only that, but a third playable Sonic? I mean....**** that.

SEGA of Japan never seemed too thrilled about the Boom sub series anyway, so I'm not surprised.
If there's one thing SOJ seem to like about the Toon/Boom series it's Sticks, she has her own profile and artwork on Sonic Channel and surprisingly even appears in the official slice of life comic strips on the website. Don't know if that means she'll appear in the main series continuity but if she does it wouldn't be surprising.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
By the sounds of it, the third playable character could be Dr. Eggman, or one of Sonic's friends/rivals whom we might not first expect. I think Shadow or Metal Sonic could be possible. I don't think it will be any of Sonic's close friends like Tails or Knuckles, and I don't think it will be another version of Sonic from another time/dimension.

Also in case anyone wants a round-up of everything mentioned regarding Sonic in the Famitsu article:

http://www.tssznews.com/2017/04/12/...ation-on-sonic-mania-forces-iizuka-interview/

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
They said the third character is an "unexpected one"
It's clearly the Spanish Inquisition

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
By the sounds of it, the third playable character could be Dr. Eggman, or one of Sonic's friends/rivals whom we might not first expect. I think Shadow or Metal Sonic could be possible. I don't think it will be any of Sonic's close friends like Tails or Knuckles, and I don't think it will be another version of Sonic from another time/dimension.

Also in case anyone wants a round-up of everything mentioned regarding Sonic in the Famitsu article:

http://www.tssznews.com/2017/04/12/...ation-on-sonic-mania-forces-iizuka-interview/
It's no use speculating

It's going to be Silver

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I'm gonna ask for the impossible doing this

But I want Blaze playable dammit

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, considering the Gaiden/Echoes world in Fire Emblem Heroes is called World of Shadows, and not the more obvious World of Echoes, it only further cements my belief that Echoes is a sub series of Fire Emblem remakes.

So yeah, Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia, and Binding Blade may finally get English releases...provided all of the more unsavory aspects of the former don't deter them, of course. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You know, considering the Gaiden/Echoes world in Fire Emblem Heroes is called World of Shadows, and not the more obvious World of Echoes, it only further cements my belief that Echoes is a sub series of Fire Emblem remakes.

So yeah, Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia, and Binding Blade may finally get English releases...provided all of the more unsavory aspects of the former don't deter them, of course. :p
Fates already had incest for the protagonists, that's not counting the Hoshidan or Nohrian siblings. I'm sure a single case isn't as bad anymore

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fates already had incest for the protagonists, that's not counting the Hoshidan or Nohrian siblings. I'm sure a single case isn't as bad anymore
I just find it hilarious how it was possible in Awakening as well, since FOR SOME REASON it was possible to have Lucina marry Owain (same goes for Cynthia or Kjelle if Chrom married Sumia or Sully). Seeing NoA attempt to get around that was hilarious. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes, I married Lucina to Owain

First thing I tried

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With the new orbs in heroes today, I did what has to be the best summoning yet:
Heroes.png

I got two 5 stars! They are also two that I wanted, now all I need is Lucina, but I probably won't get her, but I'm pretty happy with this. I've been pulling nothing but 3 stars lately.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One thing I noticed in the Sonic Forces screenshots is that Sonic's facial expressions seem to subtly change based on what he's doing during gameplay. Nice to see them paying that kind of attention to the animation.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I just find it hilarious how it was possible in Awakening as well, since FOR SOME REASON it was possible to have Lucina marry Owain (same goes for Cynthia or Kjelle if Chrom married Sumia or Sully). Seeing NoA attempt to get around that was hilarious. :p
I'm surprised you didn't mention Morgan. If she's Lucina's child, she can still marry Inigo or Brady even if they are Lucina's sibling. Last time I checked, the same applies to Male Morgan and Lucina if Morgan is Inigo or Brady's child.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm surprised you didn't mention Morgan. If she's Lucina's child, she can still marry Inigo or Brady even if they are Lucina's sibling. Last time I checked, the same applies to Male Morgan and Lucina if Morgan is Inigo or Brady's child.
Morgan also opens a can of worms if Robin marries Lissa, since then Chrom!Brady and Chrom!Inigo can marry female Morgan while Lucina marries Owain.

So that's double incest.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So, in Gaiden, there was a "glitch"(I'm not sure if it's intentional or not) that allowed Celica to recruit some characters from Alm's route because the route to Ram Village isn't blocked off until she visits Zofia Castle. This allows her to recruit Silque and one of the villagers(dunno which of them it is) if Alm didn't as they're optional.
Echoes still has this(and Faye is also recruitable this way), but now Celica has special dialogue for when visiting it and recruiting those characters, apparently.

This is interesting because these characters all open up some possibilities that aren't normally possible in Celica's route but considering how supports work, it's not that worth it. Also because you'd be hurting Alm's side as the character ratio is even between them normally.
Whatever it was in the original, it was definitely not intended, since if you leave behind the villagers and Celica comes back and recruits them later, they have the same dialogue as if Alm had recruited them (right down to calling her Alm). In Echoes, it mitigates it somewhat by forcing Alm to recruit a lot of characters, like Lukas, Tobin, Gray, and Silque (so Celica's party can never access Warp), but you can still leave behind Kliff, Faye (ironically), and maybe a few others, and Celica can go back and recruit them; except this time, they get actual proper dialogue with her, so they don't confuse her with Alm.

It isn't recommended, though, since by the time Celica gets through Chapter 2 and is at the point where she can actually go to Zofia, those characters left behind by Alm will be at too low a level to be useful (dungeon enemies seem to scale with the player's level now, so it's harder to grind them up to usefulness). I think the only really useful thing to Celica is making Faye a Cleric/Saint so she can get the Again spell (this game's equivalent of a dancer; she's the only character who can access it), but that's about it, and it means depriving Alm's party of it. Kliff is better left on Alm's side, since Alm needs all the mages he can get.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wouldn't mind more S supports that are platonic.

Or... maybe A+ supports.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can understand stuff like the non-fixed cousins but why the hell was OwainXLucina even allowed?
Thank god all of the fixed ones in Fates are male so that way you can't marry them...
Oh wait, you can if the sisters have a daughter, ****
Whatever it was in the original, it was definitely not intended, since if you leave behind the villagers and Celica comes back and recruits them later, they have the same dialogue as if Alm had recruited them (right down to calling her Alm). In Echoes, it mitigates it somewhat by forcing Alm to recruit a lot of characters, like Lukas, Tobin, Gray, and Silque (so Celica's party can never access Warp), but you can still leave behind Kliff, Faye (ironically), and maybe a few others, and Celica can go back and recruit them; except this time, they get actual proper dialogue with her, so they don't confuse her with Alm.

It isn't recommended, though, since by the time Celica gets through Chapter 2 and is at the point where she can actually go to Zofia, those characters left behind by Alm will be at too low a level to be useful (dungeon enemies seem to scale with the player's level now, so it's harder to grind them up to usefulness). I think the only really useful thing to Celica is making Faye a Cleric/Saint so she can get the Again spell (this game's equivalent of a dancer; she's the only character who can access it), but that's about it, and it means depriving Alm's party of it. Kliff is better left on Alm's side, since Alm needs all the mages he can get.
The dialogue bit makes me think they left it more as an easter egg
It's neat but yeah, not worth at all in the long run

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Josh Brolin is going to be playing Cable in Deadpool 2

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-2-josh-brolin-play-cable-993232

I expect a Thanos joke.

At this point I demand at least a short of Deadpool storming to a Marvel set decking Chris Evan's beautiful face, kicking Robert Downey Jr, acting awkward around Scarlett Johansson and going to Kevin Feige demanding an MCU appearance before being dragged away by security who are wearing furry suits of foxes for some reason "NO FOX NOOOOO!"

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well then; today's the day of the next Nintendo Direct 3 months exactly after the Nintendo Switch presentation! While we all know Splatoon 2 and ARMS will be showcased even more and we'll probably get release dates and such on them, there's the question of other minor additional stuff we could see. We know about the 3DS getting some games shown off (new or old), but I wouldn't want to rule out a TEASE (not a reveal) of a Smash Bros port. As slim as the chances of this happening sounds, it would at least reassure us that we should stay tuned and that we know Smash Bros is not over yet. That would also allow me to look forward to something in the coming months among other games.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I avoided any potential incest thankfully.

Owain married Kjelle who was my daughter, not Chrom's.

Lucina married Brady.

Morgan married Inigo.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My only crazy guess is Pokémon remakes; one of the last big 3DS games before Nintendo starts to forget the console in favor of the New 3DS snd Switch.

ARMS and Splatoon 2. I know, ridiculous
Big if true

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Guys, I think Eirika wants to S-Support me. This is the third time I've gotten her.

Also he MADE HIS CHOICE

TO COME TO MEEEE!

Guess the €1.99 was worth it.

Screenshot_20170412-201143.png

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I viewed them only as resources and not as people so forcing the siblings into relationships wasn't an issue for me

All for that min max

Except Lucina and Owain because I wanted to see if I could do it

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I can understand stuff like the non-fixed cousins but why the hell was OwainXLucina even allowed?
Thank god all of the fixed ones in Fates are male so that way you can't marry them...
Oh wait, you can if the sisters have a daughter, ****
Asugi and Midori. Then add Hinoka and Sakura in the mix.
I wouldn't mind more S supports that are platonic.

Or... maybe A+ supports.
It might have been easier to imagine if S-ranks were in previous FE games, but S-ranks did first appear in Awakening. That being said, A+ ranks were added in Fates, but they were more a gameplay thing since they didn't have any dialogue. But they are a thing now, so IS can expand upon them and hopefully give them dialogue in a future game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"I want to platonically spend the rest of my life with you!"

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I got BotW for Wii U.

So, how do they transport the horses between stables? I want to see the Secret Underground Horse Network

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Not only that, but a third playable Sonic? I mean....**** that.

If there's one thing SOJ seem to like about the Toon/Boom series it's Sticks, she has her own profile and artwork on Sonic Channel and surprisingly even appears in the official slice of life comic strips on the website. Don't know if that means she'll appear in the main series continuity but if she does it wouldn't be surprising.
Wasn't she in the Rio Sonic and Mario?

It's Big.
At this point I demand at least a short of Deadpool storming to a Marvel set decking Chris Evan's beautiful face, kicking Robert Downey Jr, acting awkward around Scarlett Johansson and going to Kevin Feige demanding an MCU appearance before being dragged away by security who are wearing furry suits of foxes for some reason "NO FOX NOOOOO!"
:foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom