• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I finally got another 5-Star in FE Heroes...

And it's another healer...

I mean I like Elise and all but I really need a 5-Star Blue unit.

Screenshot_20170412-141348.png

Guess KHUX will be my main mobile game for a while.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I spent the 20 orbs I got today and was awarded with 5 3star characters.

Shouldn't have been greedy.

D

Deleted member

Rip in pizza gwen
Now I can take the dog back
Hah, in my time frame this was posted at 4:20. Which makes sense because this quote makes no sense out of context.

Also, what's the time for the direct today?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Been a while since I posted due to my computer's hard drive being corrupted or whatnot. It's not fixed yet though, so I'm using one of my family's computers for the time being for doing the new Overwatch event. Which is amazing. Got to love there being both a story version and a All Heroes version. And the event itself is also pretty good for a PvE event.

In the long and short of things, I have:

-Beaten Breath of the Wild. An incredible game overall and easily the most fun I've had for a long long time.

-Had the most torturous run-in with the RNG Goddess regarding Fire Emblem Heroes. Too many times have I gotten only reds and whites in summoning sets trying to get one of the Event characters. Before today, I had done about 5-6 summonings and 3 of those only gave me reds and whites. The other ones were nice for giving me Gunters and Jagans for giving my Cavalry characters Hone and Fortify Cavalry. Also got another Robin as well as a bunch of Odins.
Than today happened, got the additional Orbs, than the RNG Goddess decided to be nice to me and give me Spring Camilla on the first Summon. Than with the other Summons, I got another Odin, a Shanna, a Nino(which I gave Gronblade to Cecilia), another Gunter for when Xander comes out, and......wouldn't you know it, another Spring Camilla. :smirk:

-Did the new Overwatch event. Still going to continue my trend of not paying for a single Lootbox, even if there are 8 Legendaries this time compared to Halloween's 4, Christmas's 6 and Lunar New Year's 7, which I've still managed to get all of them without paying for a single lootbox. So far in the first 8 Lootboxes, I've gotten Hanzo's Training Emote, Genji and McCree's new Victory Poses, Zenyatta's new Highlight, Roadhog's Sharkbait and Torbjorn's Uprising skin(his bearded one). So far so good. Here's hoping for Genji and McCree's Blackwatch skins and D.Va and Torbjorn's highlights.

Still not going to post often, but I'm just updating my current status. Still looks like it's going to be a while before I get my computer back up.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I got woken up 2 hours before my wake up time to some pretty nice news today. My cousen had a heart attack and has fluid in his heart. He is overwaight, everyone on of my cousens are on that side of the family is but one lost waight but what a nice wake up

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Famitsu had a Sonic Forces article, including an interview which states the third gameplay type isn't Boom Sonic. Good. That'd be a waste of all the build up
Like, what would they even do with that? It'd be far too jarring a transition to ever fit into a boost game.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Famitsu had a Sonic Forces article, including an interview which states the third gameplay type isn't Boom Sonic. Good. That'd be a waste of all the build up
SEGA of Japan never seemed too thrilled about the Boom sub series anyway, so I'm not surprised.

D

Deleted member

MK8D Switch bundle was announced. Neat
When's that supposed to come out? I'm likely to get a Switch during Summer/Winter so that might be a good pick if there aren't any better ones
Nah,in my time frame this was posted at 4:20. Which makes sense because this quote makes no sense out of context.

Also, what's the time for the direct today?
In about 6 and a half hours
aka 6pm EST

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But of course I work during the Direct. Welp.

Anyway, at least I don't feel like crap. Been sick the past few days. I feel muchhhhhhh better.

Chrono.

Here's a question.

Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Stadium 2 are widely considered superior to Pokemon Battle Revolution.

List some reasons as to why you think that is.
Nostalgia, the mini games and the Orre duology. That's literally it.

Both Stadium games had the problem PBR had that if you didn't own the handheld games you're boned, because even though Rental Pokemon were a thing in all 3, all of them sucked to use.

PBR had marginally less content (no Gym Leader Tower or mini games, though it did have Trainer Customization, which was a huge deal at the time), but both Stadium games are just as barebones. There's also how Stadium were also the first console Pokemon games to use the RPGs battle system and by the time PBR came out Colosseum and XD were a thing which were also far better games than the aforementioned trio.

So really, back then there was a better incentive to play Stadium 1 and 2, as getting the handheld Pokemon experience on a console was a brand new thing. While by the time PBR came out you had two console games that offered far better content. Nowadays people just look back at Stadium for the minigames, which you can just play better ones in something like Mario Party anyway.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Yakuza Kiwami (remake of the first Yakuza game) has a release date in the West now.
29th August.

There's also a Steelbook edition

The game's thirty bucks but I'd be more than happy to pay full price for it tbh. The Yakuza series deserves all the budget it can get.

Hoping that this game is on par with Yakuza 0 in terms of polish.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So I found a small glitch in BotW...

Happened when I tried to pick-up a Stal head at the same time the body picked it up and the animation for Link carrying it remained despite the head returning to it's body...kind of funny on it's own...

D

Deleted member

Nostalgia, the mini games and the Orre duology. That's literally it.

Both Stadium games had the problem PBR had that if you didn't own the handheld games you're boned, because even though Rental Pokemon were a thing in all 3, all of them sucked to use.

PBR had marginally less content (no Gym Leader Tower or mini games, though it did have Trainer Customization, which was a huge deal at the time), but both Stadium games are just as barebones. There's also how Stadium were also the first console Pokemon games to use the RPGs battle system and by the time PBR came out Colosseum and XD were a thing which were also far better games than the aforementioned trio.

So really, back then there was a better incentive to play Stadium 1 and 2, as getting the handheld Pokemon experience on a console was a brand new thing. While by the time PBR came out you had two console games that offered far better content. Nowadays people just look back at Stadium for the minigames, which you can just play better ones in something like Mario Party anyway.
You're leaving many points that made both stadium games superior than PBR at the time they came out.( For instance, sure rental Pokemon had bad movements in both games, but at least the stadium games actually had every none event Pokemon rentable. Unlike BR which limited you to a rental pass meaning you had a fixed selection of a small amount of Pokemon.(Most not fully evolved.)

And the multiplayer in the stadium games was playable without the need for handhelds. There's also just many other details and features that PBR strangely didn't have, but that'll take a bit of time to explain and I'm currently in class.

And yeah, Colosseum and XD were definitely the best console games. You're right that that's the main reason why it's so disappointing, but even the stadium games had much more to offer.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
The Stadium games' main attraction was having 3D Pokemon battles. With the main games doing this since Gen 6, the Stadium games became redundant.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It'd be cool if this direct comfirmed a release date for Yooka Laylee and revealed like the Dark Souls Trilogy for Switch.

Yeah the latter is just a dream.

D

Deleted member

I know most people are probably just waiting for the direct, but can someone help me with some trade evolutions in Gen 6?

P.S. How much time is left until the direct starts? I'm not sure whether I'm gonna watch it or not, but I still want to know.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I had the privilege to witness two police trucks crash each other after one ignored a stoplight; dis day is starting nicely.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The Third Sonic Forces character will be shown at E3!

lmao idiots are angry at American schools for forcing children to do Muslim prayers claiming that the country is dying (guy who started this is called cuckpatroller)

It's a tornado drill in case something happens at the school. I swear, these oversensitive snowflakes are hilarious to prove wrong

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I had the privilege to witness two police trucks crash each other after one ignored a stoplight; dis day is starting nicely.
I mean I know the police can be both assholes and hypocrits about traffic laws and such but witnessing people possibly almost kill themselves can't be a nice way to start any day...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know most people are probably just waiting for the direct, but can someone help me with some trade evolutions in Gen 6?

P.S. How much time is left until the direct starts? I'm not sure whether I'm gonna watch it or not, but I still want to know.
I'm sorry for being pushy but I really need an answer for both of my questions.

Edit: My second question got answered right as I posted this.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

5 hours. That's when it starts.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I mean I know the police can be both ******** and hypocrits about traffic laws and such but witnessing people possibly almost kill themselves can't be a nice way to start any day...
I was like "oh ****" when we saw it.
Then we saw no one badly injured and the crowd was like "haha!, they smashed their patrols"

But then we remembered our taxes pay those vehicles.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
were they on call and were running a red light legaly or did he ligit break the law?

I wish I could live with you, I bet it will be exciting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom