• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Whaat is this!!!?!?!?!?!!
I need from take a break from the internet for a awhile

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
You just reminded me that Respawn are making a Star Wars game.

That's gonna be great.

Hell yeahhhhhhh

Hell, if it's Titanfall 2 with Star Wars lazily slapped on I'd be happy. Titanfall 2 is one of the dramatically improved sequels ever

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Did another summoning set in Heroes...most of it was pretty blah. Another three star Robin, three star Florina, four star Barst, THREE star Barst, and...a five star Jakob. The ending somewhat made up for an otherwise lackluster pull. Gotta love five stars. :p

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Chrono.

So I guess another patch is out for BotW as it just downloaded...so I tried something, it appears there's no longer any lag when fighting Moblins...

Good stuff!!

Now I just wonder what else was fixed, maybe the blood Moon Glitch as well?
They fixed the amiibo exploit as well.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
They fixed the amiibo exploit as well.
I'm unfamiliar with any amiibo exploit, I've only used the Wolf Link amiibo a few times so I haven't really been paying any attention to amiibo related stuff...

Chrono.

I'm unfamiliar with any amiibo exploit, I've only used the Wolf Link amiibo a few times so I haven't really been paying any attention to amiibo related stuff...
If you used up your amiibo and didn't like what you got you could just reload a save file and keep trying. Basically amiibo save scumming.

Oh and apparently the Blood Moon stuff is still untouched. I don't think the framerate got fixed either...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wow.

Yooka Laylee is the most divisive game I've ever seen.

Goodness.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If you used up your amiibo and didn't like what you got you could just reload a save file and keep trying. Basically amiibo save scumming.

Oh and apparently the Blood Moon stuff is still untouched. I don't think the framerate got fixed either...
I see...

Framerate was improved upon in the last patch, though there is still some slight hiccups...

Blood moon is something that needs to be fixed however...because it actually is really annoying compared to framerate issues and Moblin lag...

Chrono.

Wow.

Goodness.
Yeah it's rivaling Deadly Premonition in that regard.
I see...

Framerate was improved upon in the last patch, though there is still some slight hiccups...

Blood moon is something that needs to be fixed however...because it actually is really annoying compared to framerate issues and Moblin lag...
I rarely get Blood Moons, what exactly is the glitch there?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
> Be me
> Just get done doing a summon with my last twenty orbs right before this news hits
> ...and get repeats and three stars
> They've stopped the free Orb flow for some reason
> I REALLY want Alm
> MFW

Every time, dammit.

D

Deleted member

You know, I actually would not mind being strangled by a big, strong, snake-person. I'll probably call them "daddy" or "mommy."
.....and this is where we differ. Playful constriction, I'm ok with. Outright strangulation with BDSM elements (i.e. calling them "daddy/mommy") involved? I draw the line there. :V

D

Deleted member

Wow.

Goodness.
The more I look at the game, the worse it seems. For instance, at first I thought that the complaint of the dialogue noise was ridiculous.

But then after watching the gameplay for a longer period of time and I've decided that it is pretty annoying. I mean, yeah, the banjo games did the concept too obviously, but it's not so much of the concept that's annoying so much as the execution is.

It pattern of the noises repeats in about 3 seconds and it gets really annoying, while the original banjo games didn't have that issue from what I've seen.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
> Be me
> Just get done doing a summon with my last twenty orbs right before this news hits
> ...and get repeats and three stars
> They've stopped the free Orb flow for some reason
> I REALLY want Alm
> MFW

Every time, dammit.
According to the Japanese Twitter for the game, they're giving out two free Orbs every day for the next 17 days. It also looks like a bunch of quests are planned for the future for free Orbs, so it doesn't seem like the free Orb supply is just going to end any time soon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
According to the Japanese Twitter for the game, they're giving out two free Orbs every day for the next 17 days. It also looks like a bunch of quests are planned for the future for free Orbs, so it doesn't seem like the free Orb supply is just going to end any time soon.
With all those free orbs right around when this should theoretically release, does that mean they're giving out...

...Alms for the poor?

I'll see myself out.

D

Deleted member

They did actually.

It was awful when it was just things like burps or roars.
Actually, I think you've described exactly why it's not nearly as annoying to me. The noises they used weren't as nearly as obnoxious.

I mean, some still are(Like the beehive thing) but I don't find any as obnoxious as most in Yooka Laylee.(The bee who sounds like he's jerking off.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually, I think you've described exactly why it's not nearly as annoying to me. The noises they used weren't as nearly as obnoxious.

I mean, some still are(MM MM MM MM MM MM MMM MM) but I don't find any as obnoxious as most in Yooka Laylee.
Odd.

I'd rather have the "aaa aaa aaa" then "RAOAROA RAORAORAORAORAROARAO"

Still, look at this guys.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/360830/reviews/?browsefilter=toprated&snr=1_5_reviews_

It's almost funny.

Still, the rating is at very positive.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I think Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts handled the garbled speech pretty well.

It was still there, but they didn't use it to pronounce every syllable.

I don't think the garbled speech will annoy me personally in Yooka-Laylee.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
SEND HELP I'M ****ING DYING OVER HERE!!
God bless you EA for FINALLY listening to your fans. Sequel, Original, AND Prequel trilogy! Kreygasm

I know this was mentioned on the last page but just, let me have my moment. I'm almost crying here!

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Cat girls are people too, and people are individuals.

Perhaps something that twists the tropes of the world a bit? :3
The worlds has enough catgirls. The world needs more catboys
Better yet, a race of cat people where the males look like cute boys with cat ears and tails and the females look like anthro cats.
Hi ho, hi ho.

It's off to write I go.

So I talked with a friend of mine just now, and he told me that a smarty-pants guy in one of his classes told him that in Breath of the Wild, Link originally lived in Hateno Village, and he has to buy back his house for 3000 rupees and have a construction crew upgrade it.

Then my friend tells the smarty-pants guy that there's a specific shrine in the game that can only be found by standing on a weird hill and being struck by lightning.

I might try all of that while I'm on vacation. It all sounds a bit beyond my belief, but if both of the guys telling the stories were right, that would be pretty cool.
Both are half correct.

First guy was right inasmuch as there is a house in Hateno, you do buy it for 3000 rupees (and 30 bundles of wood) and you can upgrade it further via a construction crew (for a fairly significant investment. We know that it's been vacant for years, and that the previous owner reported for service to Hyrule Castle and never returned.

But Hyrule's track record with regards to soldiers isn't all that great in Breath of the Wild, what with them being dead and all, and it doesn't seem like Link's service as a knight would have explicitly precluded returning home, at least up until he was chosen by the Master Sword. Without more information, we can't say for sure that it wasn't some other doomed soul's home. But for a measly 3K, we can say it's Link's home now. Throw in another hundred and you can even say it with a sign out front.

Second guy was right about there being a shrine that requires a lightning strike, but as praline praline noted it doesn't have to strike you per se. Metal objects do the trick as well. Magnesis is your friend, whenever you get there.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yeah it's rivaling Deadly Premonition in that regard.

I rarely get Blood Moons, what exactly is the glitch there?
The Blood Moon may activate during random times of the day (not just at midnight), and sometimes multiples times per day...sometimes even as often as 4 or 5 times within 10-15 minutes...

Apparently is has something to do with the Switch being in Sleep mode for extended periods of time which possibly messes up the randomizer for it...there is a temporary fix for it by turning the Switch off then on again but the glitch will return after a while...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But that's what makes it special.
Fair enough. :p

Still, look at this guys.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/360830/reviews/?browsefilter=toprated&snr=1_5_reviews_

It's almost funny.

Still, the rating is at very positive.
I'd take steam reviews for granted(in fact, user ratings in general. Though it is strange that it has a 9/10 total when I'm seeing a lot of thumbs down. It seems to be much more mixed elsewhere though), especially reading through them, they aren't exactly the most keen of reviews.

Still though, Yooka Laylee's reviews are an oddity, sure most are average, but I've never seen so many reviewers give a game such a high score yet others giving it a very low score.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Not surprised the next Focus event will focus on Echoes character to tie in with the game's release. I'm looking forward to trying to summon All, Clair, or Lukas (the former two even have some cool arts as well). Faye? Not so much. From what I've been reading of her character and her supports, I'm not a fan of her character. Kind of wish Silque would take Faye's place instead.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
One idea I had for nekomata is that they were indeed very human like, but with some major differences.

Namely the sides of their heads would look odd with no ears there and they'd have a different posture altogether.

Chrono.

Apparently SE is reprinting Nier 1 out of high demand and Automata doing really well.

I hope peeps aren't too disappointed when they find out Nier 1 is nowhere near as polished as Automata.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
One idea I had for nekomata is that they were indeed very human like, but with some major differences.

Namely the sides of their heads would look odd with no ears there and they'd have a different posture altogether.
Apparently SE is reprinting Nier 1 out of high demand and Automata doing really well.

I hope peeps aren't too disappointed when they find out Nier 1 is nowhere near as polished as Automata.
I combined these in my head somehow and ended up with Aier: Nekomata.

I'm just having a wonderful night in general.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I combined these in my head somehow and ended up with Aier: Nekomata.

I'm just having a wonderful night in general.
I'm glad you're having a great night.

Hope you make the meowst of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom