• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sounds like maybe you should be in a different course...
The course in question is an International Business course.

It's a pretty good course and I get to learn a lot about how International trade works and all but the only downside to it is hearing Trump in all my classes lol.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The course in question is an International Business course.

It's a pretty good course and I get to learn a lot about how International trade works and all but the only downside to it is hearing Trump in all my classes lol.
Ah. If it's any consolation I hear about Trump in my courses several times a week as well and I'm not even in anything politics, business, or history related atm. xP

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So, just over a month until the Switch is released...Still hoping for a February Direct showing us some other big titles on the way but I also wouldn't be surprised if they just held off until later, perhaps an April Direct or even just waited until e3....

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Starbucks sucks Dragon Balls.

Dunkin' Donuts coffee on the other hand...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ah. If it's any consolation I hear about Trump in my courses several times a week as well and I'm not even in anything politics, business, or history related atm. xP
Ouch. :ohwell:

You're in the field of Arts right? Is it like small talk your fellow students/instructors have? That would drive me nuts lol.
I was going for a tropical island with nice foundations for a Bond villain lair but they talked me up.

Not one of my better financial decisions I admit.
I'm going to be a Financial Advisor really soon so maybe you can hit me up and we can discuss your finances for taking over the world.

I'm sure we could manage something.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The exact other side is currently having a ban on Uber that was trending yesterday

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Now you see why I walk away from political talk whenever it happens here

Except I have no problem ignoring it
I only wish. In terms of actually being able to do that is a whole other story.

That would require me staying home and never coming out.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well I'll admit the title's a little on the lofty side but sure why not.
They refuse to return my deposit after 2016.

That's why.

I'm going to be a Financial Advisor really soon so maybe you can hit me up and we can discuss your finances for taking over the world.

I'm sure we could manage something.
Tempting, but at present I have no finances to speak of.

I'll keep you in mind in the future, though.

D

Deleted member

Been starting to read politics threads on NeoGAF out of boredom and because it's been bleeding over to the gaming side and I don't even know anymore.

I just wanna play video games and eat pizza without having to worry about anything, maybe have a roof over my head and an actual chance at life. I just hope that this mess can be fixed enough by the time this is over that I can still have those.

Please tell me the world will at least stay in one piece long enough for me to get the Switch. That would at least be a start, from the way it sounds it seems like the world is going to fall apart even by then.
Just try avoiding political talk like I do. Just try. Whenever it comes up, try to not pay attention to it.

As far as your boredom goes, here's a few suggestions I can provide to you and everyone else, for that matter:

Have any games from your backlog to play on your current systems? Play them.
Want to read some books? Read them.
Want to listen to some songs? Listen to them.
Want to draw? Draw something.

Hugely ironic coming from a guy who has posted "I'm bored" on this site a million times, but there it is.

Of course we'll get to March 3rd in no time-- there are just 31 days left. But you may want to do something in the meantime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm a fan when someone takes a certain stage theme and puts into another soundfont. Good examples are Flame Stag's and Aqua Man's themes being put into the MMX1 Soundfont.

That said, I'm just a fan of MMX1's soundfont. There's also a really good cover of DBZ Budokai's Challenger's(Or Hunting High and Low) theme too.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
They refuse to return my deposit after 2016.

That's why.

Tempting, but at present I have no finances to speak of.

I'll keep you in mind in the future, though.
Well we could always do the next best thing and run for President.

Raven/Ura 2020. That writes itself basically.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, it's "delete uber" but still, talk about being upset over nothing just because Uber decided not to protest and do business.
THAT'S WHAT ITS ABOUT?!?

Well I've had about enough stupid from both sides today.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I just blast jojo music and play Monster hunter and animal crossing
For me that usually means listening to good music (i'm not very picky about genre, just music that I happen to like) and playing new games I can find in addition to older ones.

Coulda sworn I just beat Mega Man Legends 1 like 10 times these past couple of months. Also need to replay Legends 2 since my Save data got corrupted somehow.

And now i'm off topic lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Edit: I completely misread Swamp's post.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Aetheri Aetheri

This is where I left off in my Metroid Zero Mission playthrough 2 and a half years ago before I ragequitted.

Do you know how i'm supposed to get passed this?

EDIT: I think the image isn't loading properly. Hold on a sec.

Double Edit: Just going to link to the pic lol.

https://postimg.org/image/5ykf9yw07/

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't assume that I'm that dumb, you make an *** out of u and me. :p
I wasn't assuming anything about you.

I'm saying Delete Uber is dumb.

'm just saying that they haven't done anything worthy to offend, they have never said anything on the issue of immigration or political. They just decided to keep their businessmen going, perhaps they don't even want to get involved either way. What, do we just say that anyone that doesn't boycott deserves to "eat **** and die"? Because that's the kind of outrage people are spewing over Uber.
This is what I'm saying is stupid.

If people just want to live their lives, let them.

Not everyone has the ability to fight.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Just try avoiding political talk like I do. Just try. Whenever it comes up, try to not pay attention to it.

As far as your boredom goes, here's a few suggestions I can provide to you and everyone else, for that matter:

Have any games from your backlog to play on your current systems? Play them.
Want to read some books? Read them.
Want to listen to some songs? Listen to them.
Want to draw? Draw something.

Hugely ironic coming from a guy who has posted "I'm bored" on this site a million times, but there it is.

Of course we'll get to March 3rd in no time-- there are just 31 days left. But you may want to do something in the meantime.
*mulls over uncompleted games*

As diverse of tastes as what I'm interested in for the Switch already is, it's odd that most of my backlog is popular platformers and RPGs. Well, and Birthright, but I voluntarily skipped that after a certain point just to play Revelation instead because I just wanted to have everyone to play with.

I need to remember to draw more in general, particularly on paper since that seems to do colossally better than drawing with the movement pad of my laptop in general. Still not anywhere near the level the artists of the thread are on, but. . .better.

I should probably try writing more, too, come to think of it, but I have that whole "own worst critic" thing going on and I haven't the foggiest idea how to actually start anything.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't assuming anything about you.

I'm saying Delete Uber is dumb.

This is what I'm saying is stupid.

If people just want to live their lives, let them.

Not everyone has the ability to fight.
Errrrm, whoops, I completely misread your post, forgive me for that. :p I guess I've been starring at screens too long for today, I misread the order of those words.

I was about to say, what I misread didn't reflect your usual thoughts, no wonder why.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Errrrm, whoops, I completely misread your post, forgive me for that. :p I guess I've been starring at screens too long for today, I misread the order of those words.

I was about to say, what I misread didn't reflect your usual thoughts, no wonder why.
-insert The Price is Right losing sound here"

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
THAT'S WHAT ITS ABOUT?!?

Well I've had about enough stupid from both sides today.
It's more complicated than that.

Basically, Uber's been coming under fire lately for a handful of questionably ethical practices. Then when it altered its pricing and pushed its workers to be scabs during the protests...well, it was a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back kind of thing.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh my gosh.

Liberals telling people not to use Uber Driver because it supports Trump!

Conservatives telling people to use it because it supports Trump!

Uber Driver, you are in the middle of a mess and it isn't even your fault.
EDIT:
Basically, Uber's been coming under fire lately for a handful of questionably ethical practices.
What kind?

Then when it altered its pricing and pushed its workers to be scabs during the protests...well, it was a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back kind of thing.
Scabs, huh?

Never saw scabs as inherently a bad thing, but altering prices both makes me lol and go hmmm.....

Still think the whole thing is stupid.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I just hope the world can make it to 2020 safely.

Because this world has gone to chaos in just a week and a half.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just hope the world can make it to 2020 safely.
You know it will,dont over exagerate the only ones that will make it hell is ourselves

Then we will be wondering " Why does this year suck?" and we will find out its because we did nothing but protest,scream, complain about youtubers and all around screw ourselves over

The year doesn't suck, we suck

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Aetheri Aetheri

This is where I left off in my Metroid Zero Mission playthrough 2 and a half years ago before I ragequitted.

Do you know how i'm supposed to get passed this?

EDIT: I think the image isn't loading properly. Hold on a sec.

Double Edit: Just going to link to the pic lol.

https://postimg.org/image/5ykf9yw07/
Image Uploader's weird but I can see the image while I'm quoting...

That block can be bypassed when you find these 'secret' chozo artifacts that your suit currently cannot use...
I can't recall the exact location as I haven't played Zero Mission quite as much as say Super Metroid but there should be an alternate path somewhere that leads you to a Chozo Statue with this artifact...after that you'll be able to bypass the blocks with the same symbol as the artifact...

My word of advice for playing a Metroid game for the first time...Bomb everything (Scan Everything if its a Prime game) you should be able to find where you need to go...
And also shooting the ceilings a lot to see if there's any secrets...

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It is rather hilarious, but also very sad when no one knows how to deal with or even try to deal with a Torbjorn, even when it is very easy to know how to deal with the turret and find the easiest way possible to destroy it. I was playing Mystery Heroes, but still. The fact that none of the opposing team was even trying to go after my turret at the very top of the control point area using the stairs and only a couple of them were trying to shoot it from the bottom was sad. :facepalm:

That being said, just got Roadhog's New Year skin, Bajie. :shades: I also got another 2 Legendary box, which hilariously had a duplicate of the Zenyatta skin I got from the last one. On the other hand, it also gave me Bastion's Steambot skin, which is fine by me. I had Gearbot already, but I like Steambot's colors more.
Torbjorn is not a huge problem for me. Symmetra is now the pain the *** for me.

So far I got all the stuffs I want for this event. But I might get more by playing more matches.
I bought lootboxes a while ago and got the D.Va skin on my last 2nd lootbox

Edit: you might have to quote my post in order to see the pic...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only thing I really know about Uber is my grandfather doesn't like them because he used to work for a Taxi company and apparently there is an extremely strict process in picking drivers, but ANYONE can be an Uber driver.

I've used them once when I was with a group of friends at a bar

D

Deleted member

*mulls over uncompleted games*

As diverse of tastes as what I'm interested in for the Switch already is, it's odd that most of my backlog is popular platformers and RPGs. Well, and Birthright, but I voluntarily skipped that after a certain point just to play Revelation instead because I just wanted to have everyone to play with.

I need to remember to draw more in general, particularly on paper since that seems to do colossally better than drawing with the movement pad of my laptop in general. Still not anywhere near the level the artists of the thread are on, but. . .better.

I should probably try writing more, too, come to think of it, but I have that whole "own worst critic" thing going on and I haven't the foggiest idea how to actually start anything.
I have around nine Wii U games to complete, and six on 3DS, but the amount of titles would be a bit higher than that for the latter, I think. I had completed Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker's three main episodes before, but I should finish the Bonus Episode as well as the Time Challenges. Then there's Splatoon's Octo Valley mode, which I'm not too far away from completing. I've also been playing A Link Between Worlds, although I took a break from it recently.

I haven't drawn much during last month, and as a result, I became a bit rusty at it. So I thought about making an effort to come back to drawing a lot earlier in the year, even though I've been leaning towards digital art as of lately and so I can't always get my Wacom tablet out of its box every day. I do think about using the traditional paper + pencil method again every once in a while.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tfw normies still spam memes that they still think are funny, but obviously dead. :troll:

Ironic ****post is ironic.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The only thing I really know about Uber is my grandfather doesn't like them because he used to work for a Taxi company and apparently there is an extremely strict process in picking drivers, but ANYONE can be an Uber driver.

I've used them once when I was with a group of friends at a bar
And Uber is still yet to be legalized here in my country, because of that reason, many Taiwan Taxi drivers don't like it too.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tfw normies still spam memes that they still think are funny, but obviously dead. :troll:

Ironic ****post is ironic.
After reading you use the term "normies" I have the urge to spam Harambe memes just to spite you.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You know it will,dont over exagerate the only ones that will make it hell is ourselves

Then we will be wondering " Why does this year suck?" and we will find out its because we did nothing but protest,scream, complain about youtubers and all around screw ourselves over

The year doesn't suck, we suck
I was only half-exaggerating. It just feels like tensions are higher than usual and shenanigans here and there. Could be all hot air but it still concerns me a bit.

And hey I thought 2016 was a good year despite everyone having this weird deep hatred for it so i'm good lol.
Image Uploader's weird but I can see the image while I'm quoting...

That block can be bypassed when you find these 'secret' chozo artifacts that your suit currently cannot use...
I can't recall the exact location as I haven't played Zero Mission quite as much as say Super Metroid but there should be an alternate path somewhere that leads you to a Chozo Statue with this artifact...after that you'll be able to bypass the blocks with the same symbol as the artifact...

My word of advice for playing a Metroid game for the first time...Bomb everything (Scan Everything if its a Prime game) you should be able to find where you need to go...
And also shooting the ceilings a lot to see if there's any secrets...
Thing is there's like 5 million different rooms in Metroid so i'm not going to know which room it is for sure lol.

Gonna see what I can do here.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
After reading you use the term "normies" I have the urge to spam Harambe memes just to spite you.
Go ahead, Harambe posting will only make my hate for him stronger.

And bigger than his ****.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Friggin' normies. Remember who you are.

Edit: Foiled again!

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Warchamp really needs to fix the image uploader for this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom