• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While I can't for the Ultimates, I'm still waning to know who the other two Post-Season 3 fighters of KI.

Maybe we'll see the next one in February.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The Dreamcast was a mistake.

There you have it Sega fanboys, I had the nards to say it.
Not really IMO, at least compared to SEGA from 1993~1998, but I will say it's stupid when people petition SEGA to release a Dreamcast 2 or an HD clone console.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
While I can't for the Ultimates, I'm still waning to know who the other two Post-Season 3 fighters of KI.

Maybe we'll see the next one in February.
Wasn't there some kind of rumor that Sabrewulf or Orchid would get some kind of S.Jago/Kilgore counterparts of their own? Though Omen is a mix of Sabrewulf and Jago, from what I've seen. I imagine it's full speculation, but it seems sort of reasonable.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure that the "Nintendo registered four new amiibo in the Smash line for CPSIA certification" information had already been discussed last week, but I want everyone's opinion.

a. Undisclosed character for the hypothetical Smash Switch port?
b. Limited edition version of pre-existing character (i.e. Gold Mega Man)?
c. Other

I played Shrek Super Party once. I was that black robe dude who served Farquad. I think Theloneous was his name.

----
I know I already quoted you on this, but I felt the need to post this since I've been wanting to do something like this ever since I saw that "Shrek But Without the Color Green" video and this is the perfect response.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Surprised no one's tagged Ura Ura yet. :p
That's basically what Starbound is right? I'm really looking forward to that game.

Also this is my first post in the new Social thread. Hi! :)
I'm sure the idea of that would do nothing but piss him off.

So thanks for mentioning him.
I don't have anything against FE fans. Please don't paint me like that. My problem is with Intelligent Systems and the mentality they have.

But hey I like the idea you just said of an FE styled AW. You don't need to make assumptions like that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wasn't there some kind of rumor that Sabrewulf or Orchid would get some kind of S.Jago/Kilgore counterparts of their own? Though Omen is a mix of Sabrewulf and Jago, from what I've seen. I imagine it's full speculation, but it seems sort of reasonable.
We have SOME ideas who. From an older post of mine:
It's worth noting that, in the middle of Season 3, Iron Galaxy released a survey asking their fans what they wanted to see in Killer Instinct's future, including some character ideas:

NPC's in Killer Instinct Universe
- Eagle

Variants of Preexisting Fighters
- Aganos ENT (Broccoli Man!)
- Cinder Pre-Transformation
- Kelvin (Rushdown Glacius)
- Shadow Orchid
- Sharkman (TJ)

Original Ideas
- Djinn
- Lovecraftian
- Magic Archer

Guest Characters
- Crackdown Agent (Crackdown)
- Halo Brute (Halo)
- Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)

Eyedol was also on that list, but he was added as the final Season 3 character. And Kilgore wasn't in the survey list.

Also, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts *TECHNICALLY* promised a "Mighty Bottles" character and I still have my fingers crossed (but with low hopes).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm pretty sure that the "Nintendo registered four new amiibo in the Smash line for CPSIA certification" information had already been discussed last week, but I want everyone's opinion.

a. Undisclosed character for the hypothetical Smash Switch port?
b. Limited edition version of pre-existing character (i.e. Gold Mega Man)?
c. Other

I know I already quoted you on this, but I felt the need to post this since I've been wanting to do something like this ever since I saw that "Shrek But Without the Color Green" video and this is the perfect response.
IIRC three of them are basically guaranteed to be Bayorrinoud.

The other one is up in the air. It could be a Gold Mega Man situation, or exactly one newcomer/returning veteran for the port. I say that with almost certainty when it comes to whether or not we'll get a port since I can't think of another reason for holding off on those last three amiibo this long.

As for who it is...I'm going to say Inklings. Decidueye/Other Gen VII/Any Other Newcomer logically wouldn't come before them, I'd argue Wolf or non-Snake non-Ice Climbers veterans might not be seen as enough of an addition to draw people to the port, Snake has rights issues, and I don't think the Ice Climbers are coming due to 8-Player Smash almost definitely being in the port (given how characters already have less bones and that the Switch marketed the 8 system connectivity pretty hard with Splatoon 2). That basically leaves the Inklings.

They just make so much sense too. They're easily the characters Nintendo push the most that aren't in Smash, minus maybe Isabelle (though her being in the port is unlikely at best due to being an Assist Trophy), and would draw the most attention, I think.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That's basically what Starbound is right? I'm really looking forward to that game.

I don't have anything against FE fans. Please don't paint me like that. My problem is with Intelligent Systems and the mentality they have.

But hey I like the idea you just said of an FE styled AW. You don't need to make assumptions like that.
Nah, it's the untitled new project BY the Starbound guy.

Starbound is already released and it's closer to being Terraria in space with several different major changes.

I feel compelled by OCD to clarify. :4megaman:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not really IMO, at least compared to SEGA from 1993~1998, but I will say it's stupid when people petition SEGA to release a Dreamcast 2 or an HD clone console.
I'm well aware of that.

The nostalgia for that console is just too strong. Sega just can't afford to make a new console without teaming up with either the PlayStation or Xbox division. I don't think Nintendo would be willing to do that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I would love love LOVE if thatgamecompany's next game came to Switch. Journey was really a true work of art. <3

I mean I'm going to play it either way, but they're a company not devoid of a Nintendo influence and charm, so it'd be nice.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ben Affleck is apparently no longer directing the Batman solo film (still producing and starring in it if it ever gets made).
And Flash is getting a complete rewrite.

What a ****ing mess.

Last edited:
Ben Affleck is apparently no longer directing the Batman solo film (still producing and starring in it if it ever gets made).

What a ****ing mess.

MCU is the biggest thing to happen to superhores in ages

DCU is the biggest trainwreck ive ever seen

How does it go so wrong?
rhetorical question
:061:

D

Deleted member

IIRC three of them are basically guaranteed to be Bayorrinoud.
Yeah, I should have clarified that I meant the one unaccounted for specifically. :laugh:

The other one is up in the air. It could be a Gold Mega Man situation, or exactly one newcomer/returning veteran for the port. I say that with almost certainty when it comes to whether or not we'll get a port since I can't think of another reason for holding off on those last three amiibo this long.

As for who it is...I'm going to say Inklings. Decidueye/Other Gen VII/Any Other Newcomer logically wouldn't come before them, I'd argue Wolf or non-Snake non-Ice Climbers veterans might not be seen as enough of an addition to draw people to the port, Snake has rights issues, and I don't think the Ice Climbers are coming due to 8-Player Smash almost definitely being in the port (given how characters already have less bones and that the Switch marketed the 8 system connectivity pretty hard with Splatoon 2). That basically leaves the Inklings.

They just make so much sense too. They're easily the characters Nintendo push the most that aren't in Smash, minus maybe Isabelle (though her being in the port is unlikely at best due to being an Assist Trophy), and would draw the most attention, I think.
Interesting theory.
Though just a quick reminder that often times what makes the most logical sense isn't what ends up happening. :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

The Dreamcast was a mistake.

There you have it Sega fanboys, I had the nards to say it.
It was a mistake by only doing one thing that ****ed up gaming for a time and nobody but me cares about it

The Dreamcast singlehandedly killed Arcades in the west.

That was the one true flaw. Not piracy and failed concepts or even the blowback from its pass mistakes on the 32X and Saturn.

Dreamcast killed Arcades in the west by making it easier to play those games at wonderful quality at home

D

Deleted member

MCU is the biggest thing to happen to superhores in ages

DCU is the biggest trainwreck ive ever seen

How does it go so wrong?
rhetorical question
:061:
That's what happens when you try to rushly ripoff something that was planned in advance

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Nah, it's the untitled new project BY the Starbound guy.

Starbound is already released and it's closer to being Terraria in space with several different major changes.

I feel compelled by OCD to clarify. :4megaman:
I always confused Starbound for the project in question lol.

Nevertheless i'm looking forward to that game's release. Who knows. Maybe it'll sell like crazy and Intelligent Systems will get the urge to get good ol' Derp Wars out of Purgatory and bring it back to life.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I meant cause the new game would play quite different from how the old games would but hell if you're cool with the idea that works for me.

The bugs is what unnerves me. Those damn bugs like
What bugs are you talking about?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Remember when there was supposed to be another Spawn movie? Like back in 2011? Would be nice if they managed to get that going.

Burruni

Smash Hero
PEOPLE, STOP MAKING ME WANT THINGS.

Mega Licklicky
Ability: Protean
HP: 110
Atk: 110 (+25)
Def: 135 (+40)
Sp.Atk: 80 (+0)
Sp.Def: 130 (+35)
Speed: 50
BST: 615

*Now gets Access to Slack Off

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

What a ****ing mess.

Man why does the DC universe have to be so bad? It should be like the Marvel universe's films.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Remember when there was supposed to be another Spawn movie? Like back in 2011? Would be nice if they managed to get that going.
I remember there was supposed to be a Halo movie and a Metal Gear movie

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I meant cause the new game would play quite different from how the old games would but hell if you're cool with the idea that works for me.
Well it's your game right? You don't need to worry about how I feel lol.

Personally i'd love to make a game of my own if I had the resources to do so.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man why does the DC universe have to be so bad? It should be like the Marvel universe's films.
They shouldn't just take from Marvel's formula, as successful as it is. They got to do their own thing. Playing too close to what is safe is one of the reasons Suicide Squad was disappointing. It should have taken advantage of the characters being put into this ****ty situation and being villains, they felt too heroic. Even now you hear people getting tired of superhero flicks. Granted, I only pay attention to the ones I can give a **** about. So maybe I'll see Spider-Man and Black Panther since those are heroes I like. I'm not one of those dudes who has to see every Marvel film.

On the other hand, when it comes to TV I wish Marvel's current animated series could measure up to the DCAU. The closest they came to doing so was Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: EMH.

I remember there was supposed to be a Halo movie and a Metal Gear movie
I think some Halo miniseries was made or something, but it was like a side story.

Also, a Meta Gear movie is pretty redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom