• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Caught a Gastly so I boxed Dan Brown, Dr. Seuss is bulkier and can poison
Named the Gastly Machado because 12-character limit sucks
Team update:
Atsushi the Litten
Mark Twain the Wingull
Alcott the Butterfree
Dr. Seuss the Grimer
Machado the Gastly
Fitzgerald the Meowth(Pickup hell yeah)
Is it fine if I say to you that, as a 25-years old guy, Hau makes me want to give him a hug ?
As long as you don't put anything inside him
Like a knife, that'd be bad

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I have come to the conclusion that since Bank became Updated the GTS has turned into the most unreliable way to get pokemon.. I'm looking for a Cubchoo and everyone wants legends or level 91-100 pokemon that i don't have.. I still don't understand the necessity of having level 100 pokemon outside of ingame.. everything is level 50 outside of Showdown anyway..

Also just beat the Kingdoms Hearts 2.8 Passage
I dislike Sora's new voice.. His KH2 voice was much better but I hope we get to play as Kairi seeing as she is becoming a Keyblade user along with Lea Axel. Hopefully we'll get to play as Aqua again as well..
The trick is seeking less and depositing more.
You can put almost anything in a Beast Ball to get whatever you want.
I've been depositing Beast Ball Lucario bred and raised by myself to get 27 Nihilego and counting.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It takes the fun out of Overwatch when for the last 3 days I've played I've lost every single match.
If you are getting demoralized while playing, try going up against the Easy or Medium AI for a bit. They will be easy, but I find that going against the AI every little bit helps relieve stress. Well, it does for me anyway and at the very least, you still get some EXP points for fighting against them.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If you are getting demoralized while playing, try going up against the Easy or Medium AI for a bit. They will be easy, but I find that going against the AI every little bit helps relieve stress. Well, it does for me anyway and at the very least, you still get some EXP points for fighting against them.
Oh I'm good, my teams have just been ass thats all.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Speaking of the Switch, what are we all looking forward the most to?

I can't wait to see a Monster Hunter or puzzle game that takes advantage of the HD rumble (Professor Layton?), and hardware wise, I'm pretty eager to play Mario and Zelda console games on something that weighs less than a Wii U.

D

Deleted member

Caught a Gastly so I boxed Dan Brown, Dr. Seuss is bulkier and can poison
Named the Gastly Machado because 12-character limit sucks
Team update:
Atsushi the Litten
Mark Twain the Wingull
Alcott the Butterfree
Dr. Seuss the Grimer
Machado the Gastly
Fitzgerald the Meowth(Pickup hell yeah)
Amazing, especially Mark Twain the Wingull, for some reason that speaks to me.

As long as you don't put anything inside him
Here we go agai-

Like a knife, that'd be bad
Oh, actually, that's a fair point.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
The trick is seeking less and depositing more.
You can put almost anything in a Beast Ball to get whatever you want.
I've been depositing Beast Ball Lucario bred and raised by myself to get 27 Nihilego and counting.
That's what I've been doing but no one is taking my HA goomy in a beast ball..

D

Deleted member

Amazing, especially Mark Twain the Wingull, for some reason that speaks to me.
Lol, for some reason I thought the name would fit Wingull so well, guess I was right :p
Here we go agai-

Oh, actually, that's a fair point.
Have we talked about not stabbing people before? Oh yeah, about not killing Shura, he's the best after all

Ivander

Smash Legend
Speaking of the Switch, what are we all looking forward the most to?
I think the biggest bonus for the Switch is being able to do HD games on the Go. Especially if it sells and big companies do bring their big titles like Elder Scrolls and other huge console-known games to the Switch. Just being able to play such big games on the Go was merely a dream for the 3DS and a failed goal for the Vita, but is now a possibility with the Switch.

That being said, if From Software follows through, a Dark Souls Trilogy will be awesome to look forward to. Also, Monster Hunter will also be another one to look forward to. And I hope Square Enix brings over the new Dissidia over to Switch as well.

D

Deleted member

Lol, for some reason I thought the name would fit Wingull so well, guess I was right :p
Yes, indeed you were. :p

Have we talked about not stabbing people before?
Yes and no, it depends on what context of "stabbing" you're referri-

Oh yeah, about not killing Shura, he's the best after all
Oh yeah, that's right, we actually have. I kept him alive all of my playthroughs.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

The fact Shrek Super Slam is winning the 11th slot of CEO over Melee is giving me the biggest of Grinch-like grins right now. :denzel:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

The fact Shrek Super Slam is winning the 11th slot of CEO over Melee is giving me the biggest of Grinch-like grins right now. :denzel:
I know there is a actual Shrek Super Slam competitive community but are they serious here or is the Internet doing its **** again.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
This painter thing that is trending in Japan is actually amazing. Tried this black and white image and it made it looks great!!

People love it cos they can draw manga and when they are lazy or bothered to colour it in, this does it for them. You can also use the pen tool to tell what areas should be certain colours.
http://paintschainer.preferred.tech/

edit: images does work for me anymore but tried it yourself!!! Use an actual manga image for best results,

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I know there is a actual Shrek Super Slam competitive community but are they serious here or is the Internet doing its **** again.

I don't even care at this point. I'm just in it for the comedy gold going on right now.The blowup is going be so real if Melee ends ups losing. I got some popcorn ready for this.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
D

Deleted member

Smashboards is glitching out my phone so I can't open the link

But from what I remember you can't top the gingerbread man
Nope, little red riding hood is top tier in all of the lists, banned in many of them. She's more or less the meta knight of the game, apparently.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's the Black Knight that everyone refers to, right? :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nope, little red riding hood is top tier in all of the lists, banned in many of them. She's more or less the meta knight of the game, apparently.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's the Black Knight that everyone refers to, right? :p
I may have watched a bias video on it

Edit: The guy in it was gushing on and on about Gingerbread man

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gingy was always my favorite in that game, followed by Robin Hood.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of which, I had no idea that Shrek Super Slam had tier lists. :p
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/144/748/560.png
https://slamitonme.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/tier_list_9-3-16.png?w=539&h=1024
Also, of course Shrek is bottom tier, LMFAO.

.....this game seriously has a community?

I really missed out not getting it, then.

EDIT: Thelonius wasn't in this?
No wonder it's not worth my time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Put somethimg more competitive or with a Mega then.
7.8/10 too much raising. I don't make Pokemon I bred battle ready that I intend to trade. I don't have enough time to do that..
Either way someone finally took it. Lol I was taking a nap :lol:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
As we approach the launch of the Nintendo Switch, I think it's important to take a step back and revisit the months leading up to the launch of the WiiU:

Aug 12, 2012
Just two months away from the WiiU Launch, "WiiU can do 1080p No Sweat"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ0J81elz8

Mar 14 2012
Epic Games VP Will be "Shocked" if Wii U Isn't a Success
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksskw06HhXA

Sep 18, 2011
Can the WiiU dominate the competition?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjSl4NhhTDk

Interview with Reggie about the WiiU from Jan 2012:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_quwkeVIk6g

Sound familiar?

Those who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it.
I'm not sitting through videos when the intent is clearly pessimism that I've already had several thousand healthy servings of already, but I honestly can't even remember hype on the Wii U because of the trainwreck of it being mistaken for a Wii upgrade overshadowing everything.

Going off of the titles, they seem to be saying the Wii U is a powerhouse that will dominate the competition, which very few people if any are saying about the Switch. If they are, then they certainly aren't on the forums I'm actually reading. The main thing I'm reading is that it's easy to port to, which if the game isn't held back by being GPU heavy. . .yeah, I don't see why not. I can see indies in particular being very easy to port to it. I mean, developers are positive, but no one ever took the "this is going to take the world by storm" ones seriously in the first place because it always sounded like fibbing PR. Two different devs have laughed pretty hard at the Switch already, which is pretty standard Wii U reaction, but on the bright side at least Bethesda is actually giving it a shot this time when they didn't even remotely care before.

I have no idea whether the Switch will be a trainwreck or bob up slightly in the ocean and happily stay afloat at it's own pace as everything else sails past them, but the Switch doesn't strike me as entirely retreading the Wii U. They aren't even talking about the specs because they KNOW they're weak and they intend to focus on what they actually designed the system for instead. I'm not expecting Nintendo to get "all teh support," or "win" the generation but I don't think that's going to be Nintendo's succeed/fail condition in the first place.

Yeah, I know. Acknowledging that hype and spokesman talk isn't a prophecy and that devs will likely dip their toes once and leave and still thinking it has even a slight chance? Shock! But I think this will more rely on how Nintendo handles their own game releases and marketing than anything else. The presentation was pretty bad, but their commercials have done a decent job getting the idea across. There's still quite a few hiccups in getting people to understand exactly what it is, but since they gave it it's own identity instead of tying it to the Wii they at least have the ability to get that across by the time they have more units available to sell again. And as for the games, the launch is admittedly extremely weak but the Switch's first year is so many leagues ahead of the first two of the Wii U's lifespan that it's kind of funny.

Yes, the topic of the Switch not being a "dominating force with all the third parties" has been talked about. A lot. But as suffocating of obviously terrified marketing talk as "it's not about power, it's not about specs" is. . .no, not really. Nintendo was always driving this ship alone, they just have to figure out how to sail it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom