• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Anyone play Skullgirls? How does it control on a PC? And does it get boring quick or something?

I feel like i shouldn't be playing fighting games with a keyboard, like RTS games with a controller...
Tho, Dead or Alive 5 Core Fighters wasn't too bad. Brawlhalla is borderline ok.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Anyone play Skullgirls? How does it control on a PC? And does it get boring quick or something?

I feel like i shouldn't be playing fighting games with a keyboard, like RTS games with a controller...
Tho, Dead or Alive 5 Core Fighters wasn't too bad. Brawlhalla is borderline ok.
Skullgirls is great fighting game for just about any fan of the genre. I highly recommend it.

Most people play on an arcade stick or a pad. That being said keyboard warriors are a thing. Do whatever makes you feel the most at home.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Also forgot to mention that Z-me first is near broken on Pheromosa lol turns any attacking move into a Z-move and with beast boost.. gg lol

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know what? Nintendo probably won't do this, but if I were Nintendo I'd quietly go and make a CG trailer for a Smash Bros port that kind of retreads the concept for the series. Have, say. . . Mario and Sonic preparing to fight, then Link and Cloud. Show a four player match between Pikachu, DK, Pac-Man, and Mega Man, then maybe another one with the other two third parties and a couple of other popular characters. Give people who aren't that familiar with the series an idea of what they're getting into while showing off every third party on the table in case they missed 4 or the DLC. Go over some of the modes in the gameplay footage, maybe show a CG clip of two characters facing Master Core at the end. . .

Then after it's supposedly ended, throw in Inkling as a newcomer to get the existing base and the Splatoon fans hyped.

They almost definitely wouldn't do that, but if they want a new userbase I'd think that might help. Give people a new clip to sum up the series in one go.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's just been announced that Ultimate Combos will come to Killer Instinct in February.

So far they have only shown Jago (Shadow Jago has had it long before this). Can't wait!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Skullgirls is great fighting game for just about any fan of the genre. I highly recommend it.

Most people play on an arcade stick or a pad. That being said keyboard warriors are a thing. Do whatever makes you feel the most at home.
It takes a little getting used to for fighting on a keyboard. But DP motions are surprisingly easy. I don't know how the hell you'd play something like DMC on one though.

Still, I'm too used to console controllers growing up. Arcade sticks seem to be the standard, but from what I heard, none of them are inherently better than the others and depend on the player.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of the Switch, what are we all looking forward the most to?

I can't wait to see a Monster Hunter or puzzle game that takes advantage of the HD rumble (Professor Layton?), and hardware wise, I'm pretty eager to play Mario and Zelda console games on something that weighs less than a Wii U.
Without a doubt it is Super Mario Odyssey. Coming back to the sandbox gameplay of Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine is a great thing.

Chrono.

It's just been announced that Ultimate Combos will come to Killer Instinct in February.

So far they have only shown Jago (Shadow Jago has had it long before this). Can't wait!
That's good to hear, thought it was lame how Shago was the only one who had it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So for my FE Advance Wars the weapon triangle would be:

Pistol/Rockets/Flamethrower
V
Shotgun/Grenades/Icethrower
V
Machine Gun/Rifle/Poisonthrower
V
Pistol/Rockets/Flamethrower

Pistols replacing swords.
Shotguns replacing axes.
Machine guns replacing lances.
Rifles replacing bows.
Grenades replacing knives.
Chemical Thrower replacing magic(Fire, Ice and Acid).

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Question.
Do I want to transfer my Yooka-Laylee preorder over to the powerful PS4 for the April 11th launch?
Or do I want to wait until the eventual Switch launch, at which point I'll be able to play the game on the go?
I'm really torn...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Question.
Do I want to transfer my Yooka-Laylee preorder over to the powerful PS4 for the April 11th launch?
Or do I want to wait until the eventual Switch launch, at which point I'll be able to play the game on the go?
I'm really torn...
If you don't mind waiting, I say Switch. It's better to support the fledgeling console, IMO.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Crickey, can't even change my avatar at all. Mr. Stone's character design is to good.

Also, R.I.P. To Love Ru.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Question.
I'm really torn...
I'm torn too.

On one hand, I can play it on a Nintendo platform like Rare use to do plus portability.

On the other, I have Rare Replay (with the 3 console Banjo-Kazooie games) on my Xbox One (plus, with the emulator I have on my Xbone, I can play the GBA Banjo-Kazooie games too).

I honestly don't know.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh @Kurri ★ I just remembered a glitch that happened during my playtime on Overwatch I was Reinhardt on the Illios ruins map. An enemy Pharah killed me with her ult and I got pushed through the pillar beside the control point and then somehow I came back to life.

I know I died cause it said i was killed by the person and I wasn't revived because my team had a Lucio and no Mercy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I visited the Walmart I quit today to get cat food, because it's 20 cents cheaper there.

The first thing that happened was someone pulled up in a car trying to sell me W**d @$40 an ounce. I said "No" and the guy sped of at full speed yelling "F---" over and over again.

Classy place Walmart is.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I visited the Walmart I quit today to get cat food, because it's 20 cents cheaper there.

Classy place Walmart is.
The worst thing I've ever seen at my local Wal-Mart is people holding up signs at the entrance to the parking lot begging for money for their families that they may or may not actually have. And maybe once or twice somebody selling something out of their trunk. I don't think it was anything like that though, I almost want to say it was someone trying to get rid of an unwanted litter of pets one of the times.

Classiness may vary, I guess.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The worst thing I've ever seen at my local Wal-Mart is people holding up signs at the entrance to the parking lot begging for money for their families that they may or may not actually have. And maybe once or twice somebody selling something out of their trunk. I don't think it was anything like that though, I almost want to say it was someone trying to get rid of an unwanted litter of pets one of the times.

Classiness may vary, I guess.
This Walmart has those things too

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I dont think I can believe in "support the fledgling console"

I would rather buy what works better for you, not help the corporation.
:061:
I other words buying the Wii U was a mistake?

Ok.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I realized the other day why we keep drugs illegal instead of making them all legal

Making them all legal SEEMS like it'd solved problems, but in actually the drug syndicates would just switch their focus to human trafficking and arms dealing.

Keeping drugs illegal is preventing worse things from happening. Because while you can make drugs legal, you can't make human trafficking legal.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I other words buying the Wii U was a mistake?

Ok.
More so that any player would be smart to buy what system will have the games they like. Rather than out of some misguided feeling of brand loyalty.

So if you don't think the Wii-U offered what you wanted, but got it anyway, then yes, it was a mistake.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I realized the other day why we keep drugs illegal instead of making them all legal

Making them all legal SEEMS like it'd solved problems, but in actually the drug syndicates would just switch their focus to human trafficking and arms dealing.

Keeping drugs illegal is preventing worse things from happening. Because while you can make drugs legal, you can't make human trafficking legal.
While I think that's simplifying the issue.

Many cartels DON'T want many drugs legal.

Though I think that's mainly due to drugs being more expensive if they're illegal.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
This.... is just ridiculous:

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/01/...sses-the-missing-mega-stones-in-sun-and-moon/

Why exactly do we have to wait a month just to get two Mega Stones via competitive battling and then possibly have to wait another month to repeat this terrible idea of a trend before we end up getting Gen 4 remakes or a game on the Switch before we can even get all the stones? Wouldn't it be easier to add vendors that sell these Mega Stones in Sun and Moon or idk... allow us to TRANSFER THEM OVER FROM GEN VI VIA POKEBANK? :crazy:

I have to be honest; why are Game Freak and the Pokemon Company thinking that this is a good idea? :facepalm:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I dont think I can believe in "support the fledgling console"

I would rather buy what works better for you, not help the corporation.
:061:

The Dreamcast was a mistake.

There you have it Sega fanboys, I had the nards to say it.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/01/...sses-the-missing-mega-stones-in-sun-and-moon/

Why exactly do we have to wait a month just to get two Mega Stones via competitive battling and then possibly have to wait another month to repeat this terrible idea of a trend before we end up getting Gen 4 remakes or a game on the Switch before we can even get all the stones? Wouldn't it be easier to add vendors that sell these Mega Stones in Sun and Moon or idk... allow us to TRANSFER THEM OVER FROM GEN VI VIA POKEBANK? :crazy:

I have to be honest; what is Game Freak and the Pokemon Company thinking with this? :facepalm:
Let me know when I get the Gen 3 Mega Stones for the starters, that's the only ones I really care about.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I have to be honest; why are Game Freak and the Pokemon Company thinking that this is a good idea? :facepalm:
I can understand Legendary and Mythical Pokémon, but not the boatload they're holding back.

Whyyyy?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If it allows you to trade illegal items, I can give anyone whatever megastone they want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom