• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
To be fair I'd be joining the GL tournaments regardless of the mega stones lol it's good experience to try it new things and new ways to annoy Smogonites I battle on Showdown :lol: especially with it being at the beginning of the new Generation :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
They shouldn't just take from Marvel's formula, as successful as it is. They got to do their own thing. Playing too close to what is safe is one of the reasons Suicide Squad was disappointing. It should have taken advantage of the characters being put into this ****ty situation and being villains, they felt too heroic. Even now you hear people getting tired of superhero flicks. Granted, I only pay attention to the ones I can give a **** about. So maybe I'll see Spider-Man and Black Panther since those are heroes I like. I'm not one of those dudes who has to see every Marvel film.

On the other hand, when it comes to TV I wish Marvel's current animated series could measure up to the DCAU. The closest they came to doing so was Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: EMH.

I think some Halo miniseries was made or something, but it was like a side story.

Also, a Meta Gear movie is pretty redundant.
I mean more so the not making their movies have such serious tones.

I mean ****,,, Batman is about a rich man in a bat costume fighting a clown, a clay monster, a wrestler, a guy that likes riddles, a dude in a mobile fridge and a plant woman. It ridiculous and making series movies off it is dumb.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Eating healthy is so hard...

*Eats pizza after gym workout and cries*
It's funny because my problems oppose yours.

Working out is hard for me, but I always had a tendency to prefer healthy food, thought I sometime doesn't mind some good fast food.:)

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I'm pretty sure that the "Nintendo registered four new amiibo in the Smash line for CPSIA certification" information had already been discussed last week, but I want everyone's opinion.

a. Undisclosed character for the hypothetical Smash Switch port?
b. Limited edition version of pre-existing character (i.e. Gold Mega Man)?
c. Other
I meant to reply to this before, so I will now.

Honestly, I believe it to most likely point towards A. It to me does not appear to be a alternate variant of an amiibo like Gold Mega Man based on its position in the listings, and making a brand new Smash themed amiibo is always significant and it can potentially mean something huge. Besides, Nintendo clearly has something planned in the next month or couple of months that may involve these amiibo, which hopefully will mean they will be released alongside the mystery amiibo. You never know, though; perhaps they will make more and this is just the first sign? :p

As for who I believe the mystery amiibo to be, its either a brand new character like the Inklings or a veteran like the Ice Climbers. I don't believe that 8 Player Smash alone would keep them out of the game compared to what Opossum Opossum said, even though it is true that bones had to be reduced in the character models to make them function in the game mode itself. However, wouldn't it be possible to do the same for the Ice Climbers, especially with the Switch most likely being able to handle the mode better then the Wii U?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean more so the not making their movies have such serious tones.

I mean ****,,, Batman is about a rich man in a bat costume fighting a clown, a clay monster, a wrestler, a guy that likes riddles, a dude in a mobile fridge and a plant woman. It ridiculous and making series movies off it is dumb.
Well, yeah, it shouldn't take things too seriously, but the Dark Knight did as well as it did despite being one of the "darker" films in the superhero genre. Meanwhile Batman and Robin didn't take itself seriously, but that movie was garbage.

I think the tone can be taken in a large variety of places, but none of it will matter much if the writing behind it keeps getting screwed up and ****ty. Whether it's crap from the get or because of executive meddling won't matter too much in the end for a lot of people.

That said, I don't think these new films understand Superman's character very well. What's the point of having him be so depressing and brooding if that's supposed to be Batman's character archetype? He's supposed to be Mr. Truth, Justice and the American way. Having him be vulnerable is fine, but it needs to be balanced out.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Is the image uploader working again, or Warchamp is sleeping on us?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Of course the image uploader would break just as I find an image I want to use for an avi.... >_>

...on another note, currently playing some of the Awakening DLC maps and I really wish the devs had swapped out the preparations themes like they did the map themes. /notlateatall

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
PEOPLE, STOP MAKING ME WANT THINGS.

Mega Licklicky
Ability: Protean
HP: 110
Atk: 110 (+25)
Def: 135 (+40)
Sp.Atk: 80 (+0)
Sp.Def: 130 (+35)
Speed: 50
BST: 615

*Now gets Access to Slack Off
I've always loved Lickilicky. Shame it's outclassed though.

Giving it a Sp.A boost might be a better option. Boost it to 110 and -5 Sp.D and -25 Attack.

It gets BoltBeam + Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Surf etc.

All it needs is Hyper Voice.

Protean is good but maybe a nice defensive ability like Thick Fat or Unaware as it is a defensive 'Mon.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
> See's #BoycottStarbucks hashtag
> Finds out what it's about
> Proceeds to buy Starbucks

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
> See's #BoycottStarbucks hashtag
> Finds out what it's about
> Proceeds to buy Starbucks
Isn't this like the second time the alt right have tried to boycott Starbucks?

Almost everyone either supports them or doesn't care.

D

Deleted member

@Shishœ I got the playstation emulator to work. Don't use the most recent version, I used version 1.4 with the bios and it worked. Here's proof.
Also, is it me, or do these two seem like Ridley if he were to split into two?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Is this the same group of people that created the DropStarWars hashtag or whatever?

If so, I doubt this will last very long.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Everything the alt-right does is petty **** my friend.

Wish there was a way to deport them to Mars or something.
The only reason I would boycott starbuck is how high their prices are

but bucks is in their name
and I know people are gonna say ' 5 bucks for a coffee isnt expensive"
It's real convenient that I got a Starbucks gift card tho. :p

D

Deleted member

Not the alt right specifically, just anyone who opposes the refugees in general, I guess.

But yeah, Starbuck's has been boycotted(to little to no effect I have to add) because of "The war on Christmas". That's had nothing to do with the alt right though, those were religious fanatics that claim that there's a war on Christmas every holiday.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not the alt right specifically, just anyone who opposes the refugees in general, I guess.

But yeah, Starbuck's has been boycotted(to little to no effect I have to add) because of "The war on Christmas". That's had nothing to do with the alt right though, those were religious fanatics that claim that there's a war on Christmas every holiday.
There's a War on Everything according to these people.

And all of it is hysterical.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm just surprised that the actions of a coffee parlour chain can invite calls to boycott them twice in three months.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
SAMOA JOE ON RAW

Everything is starting to make sense.
Now I actually regret missing RAW. And now I have to wait for WWE to post the clip to their Youtube channel.

Also I guess Joe VS Cena at Wrestlemania isn't happening.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm just surprised that the actions of a coffee parlour chain can invite calls to boycott them twice in three months.
To be fair.

This time the statement was political in nature.

So, Starbucks jumped into the fray.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Out of context this does sound very unsanitary.

EDIT: Are images just not working today?
I pretty sure those are on imgur don't work? Because that's where I saved my images at.
It takes the fun out of Overwatch when for the last 3 days I've played I've lost every single match.
Yeah, I know how it feels...
But at most I play quick play for fun and for lootboxes.
I don't play competitive cause its not fun.
Me too, maybe I will give it a try when I play with my friends, but no.
You can see when quoting at least.
It's an alright list.

Now this would be great even if I am gonna have it on PS4 anyway

Platinum on the go is a good enough reason to double dip if it can keep a good framerate though.

I mean one Platinum game I really want on Switch is this. I had said this many times, seeing this news just made me feel that Nintendo got to do something about this.
I will buy NieR:Automata right away if it comes to Switch along with Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Over 100 games are now confirmed for the Switch.

EDIT:

Picture why?!?
I can see it when I quote it.
10 games for launch, that's not bad, not much but not bad either.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Been starting to read politics threads on NeoGAF out of boredom and because it's been bleeding over to the gaming side and I don't even know anymore.

I just wanna play video games and eat pizza without having to worry about anything, maybe have a roof over my head and an actual chance at life. I just hope that this mess can be fixed enough by the time this is over that I can still have those.

Please tell me the world will at least stay in one piece long enough for me to get the Switch. That would at least be a start, from the way it sounds it seems like the world is going to fall apart even by then.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Been starting to read politics threads on NeoGAF out of boredom and because it's been bleeding over to the gaming side and I don't even know anymore.

I just wanna play video games and eat pizza without having to worry about anything, maybe have a roof over my head and an actual chance at life. I just hope that this mess can be fixed enough by the time this is over that I can still have those.

Please tell me the world will at least stay in one piece long enough for me to get the Switch. That would at least be a start, from the way it sounds it seems like the world is going to fall apart even by then.
I wish I could ignore all this stuff as well. Politics makes me unhappy most of the time.

The only problem is that this is quite literally everywhere and I can't go a day without hearing about Trump and all his stupidity.

Doesn't help that one of my courses in College deals with political events going on in the world. And it's always Trump.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It is rather hilarious, but also very sad when no one knows how to deal with or even try to deal with a Torbjorn, even when it is very easy to know how to deal with the turret and find the easiest way possible to destroy it. I was playing Mystery Heroes, but still. The fact that none of the opposing team was even trying to go after my turret at the very top of the control point area using the stairs and only a couple of them were trying to shoot it from the bottom was sad. :facepalm:

That being said, just got Roadhog's New Year skin, Bajie. :shades: I also got another 2 Legendary box, which hilariously had a duplicate of the Zenyatta skin I got from the last one. On the other hand, it also gave me Bastion's Steambot skin, which is fine by me. I had Gearbot already, but I like Steambot's colors more.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Like 95% of all boycotts from either and any political side is usually just histrionics about something not as important as its made out to be. Crying foul is very in these days.

People will keep yelling and the world will keep turning. We will see March 2017, don't fear.

I wish I could ignore all this stuff as well. Politics makes me unhappy most of the time.

The only problem is that this is quite literally everywhere and I can't go a day without hearing about Trump and all his stupidity.

Doesn't help that one of my courses in College deals with political events going on in the world. And it's always Trump.
Sounds like maybe you should be in a different course...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
When you have nothing better to do in your life, the next best think is boycott a place
Now you see why I walk away from political talk whenever it happens here

Except I have no problem ignoring it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom