• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I'm in the middle of playing NieR: Automata and wondering why video games aren't always this good. Also 2B is so beautiful I started crying??

I might review this game and actually finish the review this time. I have SO much I want to discuss.
March was good to us.

Nier, Zelda and Horizon (okay that was late February but it was basically March).

And then things end off with ****ing Andromeda of all things.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, finally a Direct
>Focused on Arms and Spla2n
Aaaaaaand hype went down by 100%
>3DS games
10% increase because chance of EOV localisation.
Only countries that have EO popularity got blocked

Hey, it's just as cheap for Ganondorf being the result of the curse as again, he loses all sympathetic qualities from Wind Waker
Middle East and India confirmed to have godly taste

Well, no, because if it's just Ganondorf, it was because he simply happened to be the one to get the Triforce and be bound to the curse
If it's literally any evil, then Demise created every villain in the series and it's as much of a copout as Kaguya in Naruto

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Chrono.

Andromeda then got dive kicked off of a building by Persona 5 too
Yeah, Persona 5 balanced things out.

It's just hilarious how ME Andromeda comes out literally right after 3 possible GOTY candidates, and then ANOTHER GOTY candidate comes out right after it.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hopefully this new Direct will sell me on ARMS.

I like what I see of the game, but I'm really worried about it content wise.

Chrono.

I'm thinking of selling FFXV, SFV and MK8 but hmm I'm unsure.

Mostly in the former two's cases. FFXV may have an update that could make me go back to it and ditto for SFV lol

Chrono.

It is when it's about how to not to do it.
Also, first part is great, Shippuden is a snowball going down at full speed
Except the Pain Arc, that **** was good
Pain arc was okay until Hinata's out of nowhere confession and the deus ex machina bs in the ending.

Though I'm unreasonably hard on it for someone who was relatively okay with Naruto in general.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I'm thinking of selling FFXV, SFV and MK8 but hmm I'm unsure.

Mostly in the former two's cases. FFXV may have an update that could make me go back to it and ditto for SFV lol
Look you already know what I'm gonna say about SFV so I'll hold my tongue.

Also if you did end up selling FFXV, how much would it be for in USD? I'm still curious about that game even though it's probably going to be on Steam in a few years.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It is when it's about how to not to do it.
Also, first part is great, Shippuden is a snowball going down at full speed
Except the Pain Arc, that **** was good
So THIS is when Naruto is good?
Ketchup.

My hat is too good for pineapple.
I'm gonna need to eat a hat after that comment
But with a load of salt

D

Deleted member

Pain arc was okay until Hinata's out of nowhere confession and the deus ex machina bs in the ending.

Though I'm unreasonably hard on it for someone who was relatively okay with Naruto in general.
I didn't feel like it was out of nowhere, she had always been stalking Naruto since the first part.

But yeah, the "welp, everyone is alive again" bull**** kinda ruined the whole thing.
I think Kishimoto had that planned as the final arc but Shonen Jump came and said "nah bro, you gotta write some more years of this ****" and then Sasuke's artificial angst was born and everything after the AOE Revive was like dropping the snowball in a 100km fall.
Really, if Sasuke's stupid side plots didn't exist at all, the Pain Arc would have kade for a great finale if it was actually worked as such.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is #BlameSasuke

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yeah, Persona 5 balanced things out.

It's just hilarious how ME Andromeda comes out literally right after 3 possible GOTY candidates, and then ANOTHER GOTY candidate comes out right after it.
Honestly Zelda has most GOTYs on lock down, with Red Dead Redemption2 being the only major challenger I can think of

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Naruto is indeed filler hell but the music is damn good, man. I even wonder why people make AMVs with edgy songs instead of using the actual anime soundtrack.

D

Deleted member

I didn't feel like it was out of nowhere, she had always been stalking Naruto since the first part.

But yeah, the "welp, everyone is alive again" bull**** kinda ruined the whole thing.
I think Kishimoto had that planned as the final arc but Shonen Jump came and said "nah bro, you gotta write some more years of this ****" and then Sasuke's artificial angst was born and everything after the AOE Revive was like dropping the snowball in a 100km fall.
Really, if Sasuke's stupid side plots didn't exist at all, the Pain Arc would have kade for a great finale if it was actually worked as such.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is #BlameSasuke
And so began Naruto's downfall.

Once a truly great manga, became nowadays a main source of mockery among otakus around the world.

Kinda sad, truly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I just had a feeling they'd show a direct today but didn't think that only 2 games would be the main focus. Not complaining though since I've been starving for Splatoon 2 info.

Chrono.

Look you already know what I'm gonna say about SFV so I'll hold my tongue.

Also if you did end up selling FFXV, how much would it be for in USD? I'm still curious about that game even though it's probably going to be on Steam in a few years.
No clue, I'm gonna hit up some pawn shops with Dad later in the week to see where that gets me. If that fails I guess I could just sell it on eBay.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Whooopppp!!!! Direct time baby! Unfortunately Ill be taking my friend to a garden for his birthday and Ill be there when the Direct airs. I hope the Garden has good wifi.

D

Deleted member

FB_IMG_14918409267296159.jpg

Persona 5 should totally have a Jotaro+Star Platinum ripoff as a secret boss
So THIS is when Naruto is good?

I'm gonna need to eat a hat after that comment
But with a load of salt
Yeah, there's your problem, you watching the anime
Three words: read the manga

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So here are my Direct predictions:

- ARMS gets new character trailers.
- Splatoon 2 shows off new weapons, maps, and modes.
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia gets one last trailer.
- Ever Oasis gets its second and final trailer and a release date.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe might show up, but might not. If it does, it details new battle modes. Due to being a port it might not show up at all.
- We find out if Pikmin 3DS was cancelled or not. The only video proving its existence was removed from Nintendo's YouTube channel.
- If we're lucky, we'll get a Fire Emblem Warriors character trailer, since it's coming to Switch and New 3DS. I'd imagine it'd show off Marth or Corrin.
- Also the Male Corrin, Female Corrin, Cloud, and Bayonetta amiibo will get a release date.

The bulk, of course, will be Splatoon 2 and ARMS.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So here are my Direct predictions:

- ARMS gets new character trailers.
- Splatoon 2 shows off new weapons, maps, and modes.
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia gets one last trailer.
- Ever Oasis gets its second and final trailer and a release date.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe might show up, but might not. If it does, it details new battle modes. Due to being a port it might not show up at all.
- We find out if Pikmin 3DS was cancelled or not. The only video proving its existence was removed from Nintendo's YouTube channel.
- If we're lucky, we'll get a Fire Emblem Warriors character trailer, since it's coming to Switch and New 3DS. I'd imagine it'd show off Marth or Corrin.
- Also the Male Corrin, Female Corrin, Cloud, and Bayonetta amiibo will get a release date.

The bulk, of course, will be Splatoon 2 and ARMS.
Wait, the Pikmin 3DS reveal was removed?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I didn't even know that Pikmin 3DS was removed from Nintendo's YouTube.

I'd like to think it was a mistake, but considering that we've heard nothing about it for 8 months...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I keep forgetting Pikmin 3DS was a thing because I'm still waiting for Pikmin 4.

"Close to completion"

Two years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom