• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Yeah, you'd think SOMETHING would happen with that. It still sold more than a million copies on the Wii-U despite it not being all that popular of a console. And on top of that, the community is surprisingly strong.

I'd like to think a Switch port could be in the works with those 4 and maybe some other extras if possible.
That's what I'm thinking.

A Pokken updated port with those 4 characters (maybe even 2 more), new modes and new Avatar cust options.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Famitsu recently had a huge Kingdom Hearts feature for the 15th Anniversary, and one of the things they had was a poll of 13 questions regarding different aspects of the franchise. It gives a good bit of insight into what the Japanese fanbase prefers.

http://kh13.com/news/kingdom-hearts-featured-in-the-latest-famitsu-for-the-series-15th-anniversary

I think I'll make a poll based off it myself and try to spread it around.

Probably the most interesting thing for me was the "Which Final Fantasy characters would you like to see appear in Kingdom Hearts?" question. Noctis and Lightning took 1st and 2nd place which is predictable, but surprising, Zidane from FFIX took 3rd place. As a big fan of FFIX and the character, that's really encouraging. I would have voted him as well (I love Lightning as well but I think she's basically a lock for KHIII).

Last edited:
Famitsu recently had a huge Kingdom Hearts feature for the 15th Anniversary, and one of the things they had was a poll of 13 questions regarding different aspects of the franchise. It gives a good bit of insight into what the Japanese fanbase prefers.

http://kh13.com/news/kingdom-hearts-featured-in-the-latest-famitsu-for-the-series-15th-anniversary

Probably the most interesting thing for me was the "Which Final Fantasy characters would you like to see appear in Kingdom Hearts?" question. Noctis and Lightning took 1st and 2nd place which is predictable, but surprising, Zidane from FFIX took 3rd place. As a big fan of FFIX and the character, that's really encouraging. I would have voted him as well (I love Lightning as well but I think she's basically a lock for KHIII).
Surprised by 358/2 days doing so well, since it seems to be hated everywhere i've looked in the west

Look who else shows up in that article though

Sakurai:Congratulations on your 15-year anniversary! (The Kirby series turns 25 this year, as it were.)
Although the nature of our respective games may differ, as someone who has also worked on several collaborative titles, I understand all too well how difficult they can be.
My hat goes off to Nomura and his staff for putting together a tale jam-packed with content every single time.
I look forward to another entry to the series!

Last edited:

Chrono.

All those 3 would be fairly interesting.

Noctis and Sora have similar personalities (Noctis is just a tad more mature) so seeing them interact would be nice, Zidane would fit right at home in KH and Lightning could do fairly well too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

All that really matters is this

Muppet World. With Kermit's Limit having him flail his arms

Im dissapointed Rinoa didn't score well after the tease she got at the end of KH2.

Guess no one cares for that random credit scene that never had any payoff but me. RIP

Last edited:

Chrono.

Im dissapointed Rinoa didn't score well after the tease she got at the end of KH2.

Guess no one cares for that random credit scene that never had any payoff but me. RIP
I want Rinoa just because I like her and Squall and more FF8 characters is always good (even schoolyard bully Seifer).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
All those 3 would be fairly interesting.

Noctis and Sora have similar personalities (Noctis is just a tad more mature) so seeing them interact would be nice, Zidane would fit right at home in KH and Lightning could do fairly well too.
Noctis is pretty much a lock since him and Sora are Nomura's favourite creations of his. I haven't played FFXV yet but I think he'd be a really cool secret boss with his Warp Strike ability, that Sora could possibly learn once he beats Noct.

Lightning is a lock because Japan loves her and SE said she will continue to make cameos in games where FF characters cross over. I would like to see Snow as well as I think he'd fit really well into the Hercules world. I'm not sure what Lightning could do, though. Part of me wants to see a de-aged teenage Lightning similar to Tidus, Wakka, and Selfie. I could also see her assuming a similar role to Auron in KH2.

I'm not sure how Zidane fares in Japan overall, but this poll is a good sign. I think he'd work as a sort of wandering traveller, maybe with a sub-plot tied to Vivi. Twilight Town is coming back so it's safe to say Vivi is too, so I'd like to see some interaction between the two.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
ARMS looks like it'll get old really fast, at least IMO. I don't want to get it for MSRP but I'll attempt to find a method of playing it.

Remember when it almost made it to EVO?
We haven't seen too much of the game at the moment. But I can see what you mean in terms of gameplay. It seems like it'll be fun if you actually get your hands on it. But there's this repetitive aspect I'm worried about. Doesn't quite grab me like other fighters.

That's what I'm thinking.

A Pokken updated port with those 4 characters (maybe even 2 more), new modes and new Avatar cust options.
Yeah that would be cool.

Chrono.

So here's a funny TIL: Megaman ZX has the lowest amount of merch and content out of any Megaman series not counting Xover.

Only two games to it's name (even Legends got the Tron Bonne game and some mobile stuff), no Complete Works artbook (which even Xover got) and it's the only one of the Megaman series to not get any sort of official figures (there a couple out there but they're all fanmade) and it's showing in crossovers has been rather minimal (although you could also say this about Star Force, if you don't wanna count the Battle Network crossover).

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So here's a funny TIL: Megaman ZX has the lowest amount of merch and content out of any Megaman series not counting Xover.

Only two games to it's name (even Legends got the Tron Bonne game and some mobile stuff), no Complete Works artbook (which even Xover got) and it's the only one of the Megaman series to not get any sort of official figures (there a couple out there but they're all fanmade).
This doesn't surprise me. It was a pretty low key series, even more so than MMZ. I only remember the first having ads in this old Shonen Jump book I had in middle school, it was right next to a Battle Network 6 ad.

Starforce had a show to help sell it at least, though not nearly as successful as Battle Network.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they stick to Classic and MMX for 2-D platformers, since they have a large enough install base. ZX is a bit different, but still holds enough of the good stuff warrant another shot in my eyes. So long as Model X/A's gameplay is around anyhow.

D

Deleted member

Either way, its pretty much a guarantee that Smash is hype-worthy either way, so that's probably why Nintendo may be saving it for E3.
I wouldn't hold my breath about any Smash news until at least E3 other than a release date for the unreleased amiibo, personally.

Chrono.

This doesn't surprise me. It was a pretty low key series, even more so than MMZ. I only remember the first having ads in this old Shonen Jump book I had in middle school, it was right next to a Battle Network 6 ad.

Starforce had a show to help sell it at least, though not nearly as successful as Battle Network.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they stick to Classic and MMX for 2-D platformers, since they have a large enough install base. ZX is a bit different, but still holds enough of the good stuff warrant another shot in my eyes. So long as Model X/A's gameplay is around anyhow.
I just wish that goddamn cliffhanger from ZXA got paid off already.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If Skyrim Switch does have mod support, then I'm expecting something along the lines of Sony 's bull****.

To be honest I don't expect it to have mod support at all.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
MMZX current state make me sad, very sad.
Heck, I haven't be able to play it! Nintendo and Capcom had one job and they couldn't put the game on the VC!
The only way I can see now to play ZX and ZXA is emulation. But I don't think DS game go well on emulator, I am wrong?

D

Deleted member

MMZX current state make me sad, very sad.
Heck, I haven't be able to play it! Nintendo and Capcom had one job and they couldn't put the game on the VC!
The only way I can see now to play ZX and ZXA is emulation. But I don't think DS game go well on emulator, I am wrong?
DS games work perfectly fine on emulator. You just might need to ajust some settings is all like I did, depending on how powerful your PC is. But after I did it worked perfectly fine.(I played all three of the DS castlevanias on it.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
DS games work perfectly fine on emulator. You just might need to ajust some settings is all like I did, depending on how powerful your PC is. But after I did it worked perfectly fine.(I played all three of the DS castlevanias on it.)
OK, thanks for the info.
Because as of now, I have currently MMX4 on emulation (since Sony doesn't want my money on the PSN:rolleyes:). And with that, I might try out more games that I can't buy but I want to play. (Because let's get this straight, I will always try to pay a game I always wanted to play if i am able to, just to show how much I love those games and support the franchise.)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
OK, thanks for the info.
Because as of now, I have currently MMX4 on emulation (since Sony doesn't want my money on the PSN:rolleyes:). And with that, I might try out more games that I can't buy but I want to play. (Because let's get this straight, I will always try to pay a game I always wanted to play if i am able to, just to show how much I love those games and support the franchise.)
Some games can go cheap on ebay, especially DS games

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Some games can go cheap on ebay, especially DS games
Apparantly, the ZX games aren't that cheap from what I heard.
Plus, I prefer playing games on home consoles like the Wii U or even my PC as off recently. Save state can save you alot of time on some section and I prefer playing with my PS3 or my Wii U controller. I'm just so used of the two by now that it feel just normal to me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone eaten "5 guys"

I think I'm going to try it today

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
five guys is greasy as **** so I usually feel bad after (not physically mind you), but other than that the burgers and fries are really good.
Yeah, I just heard they are super greasy from someone else

I guess I could always dab them with a napkin or something when I get home

In N' Out is only west coast, that's why.
LOL, I am west coast

But apparently it's South West

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

LOL, I am west coast

But apparently it's South West
Yeah, it's mostly in California more than anything else. But I mostly said "west coast" Because I had the beach in mind and people come here for the beach rather than any other state.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched the Thor trailer

. . .this looks nothing like Avengers Disassembled: Thor's version of Ragnarok
Hulk outta nowhere

Last edited:

Chrono.

Just watched the Thor trailer

. . .this looks nothing like Avengers Disassembled: Thor's version of Ragnarok
Hulk outta nowhere
Yup, it's way better.

The first two Thor movies were boring but this one looks like a home run.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Apparantly, the ZX games aren't that cheap from what I heard.
Plus, I prefer playing games on home consoles like the Wii U or even my PC as off recently. Save state can save you alot of time on some section and I prefer playing with my PS3 or my Wii U controller. I'm just so used of the two by now that it feel just normal to me.
Last I checked you could get a copy of one of them on Amazon for like 18 or 19 bucks at the cheapest. The most I'm willing to spend on a older game will vary depending on how much content is in it. Like I spend nearly 60 bucks for the Mega Man X Collection on Gamecube(PS2 was dirt cheap, but I didn't own one of my own), since it was 6 games and a racing game on top of that.

Speaking of Mega Man X, there's a MMX Gamecube controller, but it's expensive as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom