• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I was going to get hype for the Nintendo Direct but then I notice that it was mostly focused on ARMS and Splatoon. Not like I don't want those games, it's just I really wanted to see something new. They did say mostly so who knows. If we do get anything else it'll probably be 3DS games...

In other news holy ****! That Thor Ragnarok trailer is ****ing beautiful and amazing and awesome! Like damn am I glad they finally are trying to embrace the absolute weirdness that is Thor.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
In other news holy ****! That Thor Ragnarok trailer is ****ing beautiful and amazing and awesome! Like damn am I glad they finally are trying to embrace the absolute weirdness that is Thor.
I see the part of the trailer where Hulk bursts out of the gate and Thor says "YES!" getting a lot of traction come E3.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Also, just in case anyone forgot.

This game still exists and we've heard nothing about those 4 DLC characters.

D

Deleted member

Direct hopes:
-US release date for Specter of Torment
-EOV localisation announcement
-Echoes launch trailer
-FE Warriors
-Pikmin 3DS is not kill

Expectations:
-Ever Oasis puts me to sleep
-5 minutes of non-Shivel Knight indie stuff
-Splatoon 2: "i-it's different, g-guys"
-Arms only has 5 characters
-10 goddamn minutes of devs talking what led them to develop game X
-RIP in pikmin Pikmin 3DS
Persona 5 already has tarot cards as a theme soooooo

I read the manga. It was okay

Not all of it though, **** that
Man, they really weren't even trying to be subtle, were they?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Direct hopes:
-US release date for Specter of Torment
-EOV localisation announcement
-Echoes launch trailer
-FE Warriors
-Pikmin 3DS is not kill

Expectations:
-Ever Oasis puts me to sleep
-5 minutes of non-Shivel Knight indie stuff
-Splatoon 2: "i-it's different, g-guys"
-Arms only has 5 characters
-10 goddamn minutes of devs talking what led them to develop game X
-RIP in pikmin Pikmin 3DS

Man, they really weren't even trying to be subtle, were they?
They actually DID confirm more than 5 characters iirc but never showed them of

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm not expecting too much in terms of mew games but, as strange as it sounds coming from me I hope they don't show any Metroid for this Direct...

Save that for E3...

Of course I wouldn't be upset otherwise...well at least that depends on 'what' is shown of course...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
GoNintendo comments sections introduced me to 2 4chan "leaks". I personally have large doubts due to their weak track record but here they are if you want to read:

Number 1 Posted 2 weeks ago claiming a Direct would happen in 2 weeks (aka this week)

Number 2 This one SCREAMS unrealistic and a nerd's big dream (EarthBound Trilogy, Melee releasing right after Direct, TWO exclusive yet huge Yooka-Laylee content, Sonic Mania 3DS, and too much more BS).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
GoNintendo comments sections introduced me to 2 4chan "leaks". I personally have large doubts due to their weak track record but here they are if you want to read:

Number 1 Posted 2 weeks ago claiming a Direct would happen in 2 weeks (aka this week)

Number 2 This one SCREAMS unrealistic and a nerd's big dream (EarthBound Trilogy, Melee releasing right after Direct, TWO exclusive yet huge Yooka-Laylee content, Sonic Mania 3DS, and too much more BS).
>Sonic Mania announced for the 3DS, releasing the same day as the console version of the game. Sonic Mania will also be receiving a limited edition New 3DS console bundle. The console has a Sonic-like color scheme, with the faceplates decorated with sprites from the game itself, as well as a copy of Sonic Mania preinstalled on the system. The bundle will cost $99 at retail stores.

yeeeeeaaaah no.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just gimme my Sinnoh Remake, man; that's the only thing I want.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
nah

It's Gun VS Friendship and a key
completely different scenario
Friendship was killed in that gif.
Clayton is the true bad guy of the series confirm.:yeahboi:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Good thing the Direct is in two days, giving me plenty of time to work in the bingo.

Yeah boi; SpongeBob Bingo incoming.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So here are my Direct predictions:

- ARMS gets new character trailers.
- Splatoon 2 shows off new weapons, maps, and modes.
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia gets one last trailer.
- Ever Oasis gets its second and final trailer and a release date.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe might show up, but might not. If it does, it details new battle modes. Due to being a port it might not show up at all.
- We find out if Pikmin 3DS was cancelled or not. The only video proving its existence was removed from Nintendo's YouTube channel.
- If we're lucky, we'll get a Fire Emblem Warriors character trailer, since it's coming to Switch and New 3DS. I'd imagine it'd show off Marth or Corrin.
- Also the Male Corrin, Female Corrin, Cloud, and Bayonetta amiibo will get a release date.

The bulk, of course, will be Splatoon 2 and ARMS.
You forgot Bandana Dee riding Ridley being announced as a newcomer for Smash Switch.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
In terms of the Direct, I'm pretty indifferent. It's good that they're finally talking about ARMS but I doubt it will interest me too much. Seems like a casual, novel kind of game but it wouldn't last too long.

Also, **** CLAYTON IN A LEVEL 1 RUN.

ARMS looks like it'll get old really fast, at least IMO. I don't want to get it for MSRP but I'll attempt to find a method of playing it.

Remember when it almost made it to EVO?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So they're having a Direct focused primarily on Splatoon 2 and ARMS?

Well that makes sense, LOL. They have three games that definitely aren't all the way out into holiday waters for all we know and one of them literally has everything revealed at this point. I'm kind of pleasantly surprised Splatoon 2 is even getting a focus since it's pretty blatantly post-E3.

Hopefully they'll throw some indie release dates in there as a footnote as well, but if they've got more to reveal about Splatoon 2 then I'm likely there. That game has been practically showering good news (and news in general) upon everyone as it is.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Its actually typical....I usually have Wednesdays off...

But now I'm working this Wednesday so of course I won't be able to watch it...

Regardless I'm pretty indifferent...

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Welp; this upcoming direct is surprising and much needed in terms of getting rid of the news drought we've had to endure for so long!

As for predictions... well, we'll obviously see ARMS and Splatoon 2 related content, and there will apparently be 3DS games being shown off (hopefully its for a variety of titles and not entirely focused on one series, specifically Fire Emblem). In terms of anything Smash related getting teased or mentioned... I have my doubts. The only exception is if they decide to finally reveal the release dates for the missing amiibo (I will purchase Cloud at the very least, just to let you guys know). Otherwise... it may be until E3 before Smash gets a chance of being mentioned again, and that's only an if (I really do hope that they plan on showing something Smash related at E3). >_<

Last edited:

Chrono.

ARMS looks like it'll get old really fast, at least IMO. I don't want to get it for MSRP but I'll attempt to find a method of playing it.

That still feels like most jumped on a meme bandwagon for the sake of it. Though I'm still curious on how it would've been like if it did.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm in the middle of playing NieR: Automata and wondering why video games aren't always this good. Also 2B is so beautiful I started crying??

I might review this game and actually finish the review this time. I have SO much I want to discuss.
Don't forget the top tier soundtrack.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

My general outlook on it is that it looks fun enough, but due to the fact they opened the trailer with two non-descript actors and not the actual characters, I got the message this is meant for a casual audience and not the "hardcore" fanbase like they said.

It looks like a fun novelty and I like the concept of the spring-powered boxing gloves, but I doubt it will have any sort of technical depth (game looks pretty clunky in motion), and it doesn't seem like there would be any way to have a ton of meaningful content due to the limiting core mechanics.

Single-player will probably be limited to grinding for customisation stuff for no reason and maybe a few mini-games like punching balls at targets. If we're lucky, they might offer a Tekken-esque arcade mode where each character has a cool ending.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

>New Kirby game. 4 player 2.5D title like RtD for the 25th anniversary. Releases Summer.

Please be real, please, I will be good.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Welp; this upcoming direct is surprising and much needed in terms of getting rid of the news drought we've had to endure for so long!

As for predictions... well, we'll obviously see ARMS and Splatoon 2 related content, and there will apparently be 3DS games being shown off (hopefully its for a variety of titles and not entirely focused on one series, specifically Fire Emblem). In terms of anything Smash related getting teased or mentioned... I have my doubts. The only exception is if they decide to finally reveal the release dates for the missing amiibo (I will purchase Cloud at the very least, just to let you guys know). Otherwise... it may be until E3 before Smash gets a chance of being mentioned again, and that's only an if (I really do hope that they plan on showing something Smash related at E3). >_<
Maybe they'll give the release dates for both finally.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Maybe they'll give the release dates for both finally.
As in... both the amiibo and Smash Switch? This would make me go insane with hype, but I am not quite sure if that's what you meant. :p

Either way, its pretty much a guarantee that Smash is hype-worthy either way, so that's probably why Nintendo may be saving it for E3.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think ARMS looks pretty interesting as a game but I see myself floundering far too much with a 3D fighter to get the most out of it so I'm not super heavily considering it. I do have a respect for it and think it looks better than "shovelware," though, you can see the care in the way it was made just watching it in motion.

Wondering if it's going to have a secret dark lore like Splatoon. I'm at least pretty curious about that. There's someone with a spring neck depicted on a wall carving in one spot and clone ARMS people in cloning tubes in another, so I wonder. . .

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

As in... both the amiibo and Smash Switch? This would make me go insane with hype, but I am not quite sure if that's what you meant. :p

Either way, its pretty much a guarantee that Smash is hype-worthy either way, so that's probably why Nintendo may be saving it for E3.
No Splatoon 2 and ARMS

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, just in case anyone forgot.

This game still exists and we've heard nothing about those 4 DLC characters.

Yeah, you'd think SOMETHING would happen with that. It still sold more than a million copies on the Wii-U despite it not being all that popular of a console. And on top of that, the community is surprisingly strong.

I'd like to think a Switch port could be in the works with those 4 and maybe some other extras if possible.

I guess we're too used to info being out there so quickly these days.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Number seems legit. Hell yeah for Skyrim mods. Realistic horse ***** here I come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom