• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean, I see where you're coming from with the interpretation. Wording is thus:

"An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!"

Since in each game at least some kind of evil thing follows the reincarnated Link and Zelda, theoretically that could be the work of Demise's curse.

But honestly I think it's probably more reasonable to assume that there's multiple sources of evil in the Zelda world.

Pretty sure this one line is the best argument for BotW taking place in Downfall that I've ever heard.

Calamity Ganon is D-U-M.
YOU CAN'T PROVE MY HEADCANON WRONG EVEN IF YOU TRIED HAHAAAA

That says something if he could theoretically be beaten by the village idiot who came in riding a bear on fire armed with sticks

Chrono.

I don't know if you can even classify Calamity Ganon as a villain. It's more akin to a disease or some sort of virus that just happens to exist.

Though this just leaves you with the Yiga clan as the sole villians with any sort of character which is friggin hilarious.

D

Deleted member

My essay's theme for this week is "Fake news and their implications on society"
I didn't know Trump was one of my teachers
Yup, just blocked in some countries

Simple. If Ganondorf was the only one the curse meant to apply to we'd only have Ganondorf.
****ing hell, of course I happen to be one of the people affected by it

But evil doesn't just come from Demise's curse, otherwise we wouodn't have Demise himself.
If that was the case, it'd feel really cheap to blame everything on him

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
****ing hell, of course I happen to be one of the people affected by it

But evil doesn't just come from Demise's curse, otherwise we wouodn't have Demise himself.
If that was the case, it'd feel really cheap to blame everything on him
Only countries that have EO popularity got blocked

Hey, it's just as cheap for Ganondorf being the result of the curse as again, he loses all sympathetic qualities from Wind Waker

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
upload_2017-4-10_9-13-18.png

You know, I once entered a tournament using that name.

Scrubbed right out.

YOU CAN'T PROVE MY HEADCANON WRONG EVEN IF YOU TRIED HAHAAAA
Well, no, I don't suppose I can.

Please, enjoy your headcanon with my blessing.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don't know if you can even classify Calamity Ganon as a villain. It's more akin to a disease or some sort of virus that just happens to exist.

Though this just leaves you with the Yiga clan as the sole villians with any sort of character which is friggin hilarious.
I kinda see where you're going with this, but...

while it's true that he's just a creature of destruction and a shadow of his former self, he did manage to kill everyone in Hyrule Castle, take over the Guardians and Divine Beasts, kill the Champions and, indirectly because infected Guardians, nearly killed Link too. If it weren't for Zelda being there, he could've easily won.

When you think of it that way, he's not your typical Ganon, but that doesn't make him less of a villain.

I do agree that the Yiga Clan is pretty much a joke though.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got a little bit of birthday money over the weekend (there might be a little more to come too) so I've been contemplating what to spend it on.

I could probably reasonably afford a Switch and MAYBE a Pro Controller too, but I'm not sure about getting it right now. The only reason I'm even considering it in spite of all of the issues I have with the Switch is because right now is ideal for me in terms of playing a big game like Zelda (which I already have a Switch copy of and I am excited to play), as I have a lot of free time (2 weeks Easter Holidays and I'm practically finished all of the material for my course so even though it officially ends on May 30th, I have nothing much to do for it until then...and having Zelda to pass the time in "class" would be nice). It'd be an easier decision if I didn't have both the FE Echoes Special Edition and the Phoenix Wright figma coming and being paid for in May. My dad's birthday is also in May so I have to get him something. There's also just the fact that I have a lot of good games I am enjoying right now anyway, with Horizon: Zero Dawn, FE Fates: Conquest, and KH 1.5+2.5 (though admittedly I'm not rushed on playing this, right now I'm only interested in doing a Level 1 playthrough of KH1FM and KH2FM - I've played the games a ton before), and a bit of Shovel Knight being the main ones. Plus I bought basically all of the games in the Ratchet & Clank franchise (except for Secret Agent Clank and the few I already owned) for about €20 recently, so I have that to play too. FE Fates: Conquest has given me a roadblock though in Chapter 19 so I won't be playing that as much for a while. I'm also getting back into KHUx as of late since the Union Cross update is pretty substantial (plus I need that Illustrated KH2 Kairi medal, looks OP as heck and I only need to do 3 more pulls for it). I might spend €15 on it for a pull and to unlock all Special Quests for the week so I can grind like crazy.

Besides gaming, I am considering getting a Wacom Tablet so I can start using Clip Paint Studio. Though at the same time, I'm wondering if it would be better to wait until I have my own PC rig built up (which will be a while away). Could also do with a few new clothes. Plus there's plenty of figurines and stuff I'd love to get.

This would be much easier if jobs were more readily available. I could just get everything and then some no problem. :\

#FirstWorldProblems

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Why is unified timeline even an option? The only thing Aonuma's told us about BotW's timeline placement is that it akes place after OoT.
I decided to put all of the existing timelines in the poll as options...notice I also put an option that hasn't even been established yet?

The point of the poll wasn't to give only the most logical options, otherwise I may as well just add only the Child and Downfall timelines as those are pretty much the only reasonable possibilities for BotW's placement based on evidence...

Though in hindsight I could've also added another option for those who believe it's another timeline split...
Can't vote.

Timeline Where Eiji Stopped Giving A **** is not an option.
The biggest issue is determining what's added to BotW as a simple reference and what's added as lore...since there is something in BotW that references every game...Seeing as it was Zelda's 30th anniversary last year it makes sense they'd go all in with these references...

It's not that Nintendo doesn't care about the timeline (otherwise why even establish a timeline to begin with?) Aonuma does say it falls into one of the timelines, he just hasn't said which one because he wants us to play the game first...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Adding more RAM to my computer will help it run faster right?
It will let you run more applications without lag, yes.

Though if you're playing a game, the processor speed of your motherboard (the GHz) is also important.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It will let you run more applications without lag, yes.

Though if you're playing a game, the processor speed of your motherboard (the GHz) is also important.
Okay, thanks. I have a decent processor already so adding RAM will probably be enough for now
Thor Ragnarok trailer dropped.

How the hell do you go from one of the most boring movies Marvel's ever put out to this.
You get an amazing director named Taika Waititi to direct duh

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I believe this is important. I may be wrong.

Edit: :4greninja:'d
That's curious how this Direct will be focused on these 2 games.
Maybe they share the same universe?

EDIT: Latest tweets say these games will be the MAIN focus.
Then I'd be glad to have news about Ever Oasis and Pikmin 3DS as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I find it funny how I and Swamp were talking about whether an April direct is likely, literally yesterday.

And boom.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I find it funny how I and Swamp were talking about whether an April direct is likely, literally yesterday.

And boom.
Swamp and Fal, together with their might leader Opopo, they are the Direct Squad!

I'm not expecting too much but I want
1: At least a single new ARMS character
2: More news on Ever Oasis
3: Metroid Prime 4 on Switch dammit you KNOW we want it Nintendo

EDIT: ACTUAL 3! Emblem Warriors news. That counts too, right?

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
By getting Taika Waititi to direct.

EDIT:

INCOMING!

Focused mainly on Splatoon and Arms is a little disappointing, as I don't think we'll be getting new game announcements...however at least we'll be getting more character announcements for Arms...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't think we'll be getting new game announcements
I mean they do have to keep some stuff for E3.
I think we might get a few smaller game announcements.
I also expect/hope for some more Fire Emblem Warriors characters to be shown off.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thor Ragnorok's trailer is up.
"YES! We know each other! He's a friend from work!" might be one of my new favorite lines ever.

Love that he has the helmet again and it's a million times more awesome.
I also love the Guardians vibes. Space!MCU has aesthetic cohesion and that's awesome.

Also yay a Direct! :D

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
D

Deleted member

Adding more RAM to my computer will help it run faster right?
How to get more ram:

1. Plug your car(a ram truck works best) to one of your computer USBs.

2. Drive the car as fast as possible.

3. Enjoy your ram. ;)

Chrono.

Can't say I'm excited about an ARMS focused Direct, but maybe they'll sell me on it here.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Got one of my favourite medals aesthetically (and it looks like it's pretty good in combat) in KHUx. The bottom middle one, and it comes with a phone wallpaper, sort of.

The game has been nicer to me as of late.

Screenshot_20170410-161504.png

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I'm in the middle of playing NieR: Automata and wondering why video games aren't always this good. Also 2B is so beautiful I started crying??

I might review this game and actually finish the review this time. I have SO much I want to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom