• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Don't send genwunners to the hospital. All of the IVs would give them an aneurysm.

:p
I want someone to mod Gen I to remove all the infamous glitches that made the game a mess tbh

Also on the train I decided to replay Conquest as I literally had nothing better to do, then I hear a kid yapping "That guy's got a DS, those are SO old fashioned right?" as if he was trying to get my attention.
Sitcoms with laugh tracks are awful. Unless if Seinfeld had one
70's Show was good
Seriously though. I'd like to at least get a response. Sorry if I seem too pushy.
I've misplaced X somewhere I'm afraid and I'm trying to catch up on Jetman

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Sitcoms... It had to be sitcoms... I'm not sure how people find sitcoms engaging or entertaining, I've always thought that they're by far the worst(or at least most boring) entertainment.

Though that's probably because laugh tracks are the worst thing created by the human race.
I wonder if it's perhaps flying over my head with laugh tracks, IMO. Half the time it seems like they're laughing at the failures in people's lives and I can't for the life of me understand how that's funny. Slapstick perhaps gets a kick out of me because the failure in that case is instantly bounced back from, there's a jump but it's without any real consequence.

Of course, a live studio audience would certainly function better in the absolute need of a laugh track if they were ever willing to spend the extra cash, but that's because recycled reactions in general tend to wear thin even aside from the punch no longer being concentrated to where it's natural. Someone endlessly ranting about some single issue they take with a video game or with society has no more substance when used the same amount of times in the same way.

I've noticed life in general seems to be rather repetitive and canned. Perhaps in that light even the most overused laugh track is unique and an escape.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I honestly don't know which non-Mako voice actor for Aku I like more: Fred Tatasciore (Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion) or Greg Baldwin (Season 5)...

I well aware that "replacing" Mako Iwamatsu is an extremely tall order to fill, but I'm a little disappointed either way.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Seriously though. I'd like to at least get a response. Sorry if I seem too pushy.
I could probably help you out with that real quick. My X game is pretty barren anyways considering I transferred them ASAP.

D

Deleted member

I've misplaced X somewhere I'm afraid and I'm trying to catch up on Jetman
I understand. Thanks anyway
I could probably help you out with that real quick. My X game is pretty barren anyways considering I transferred them ASAP.
Thanks. My friend code is on my profile. I need help with Swirlix, Gurdurr, and Pumpkaboo. I'd ask you to help with Karrablast and Shelmet as well, but it's a pain in the ass, so it's up to whether you're up to it or not.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a dream where my mom somehow got involved in illegal stock trading, which irl I don't think what she did in the dream was actually a crime

Anyway, in the dream I ended up having to fight the criminals that scammed her and all I had was a baseball bat.

There was this one huge guy, some kind of scrawny guy and a normal looking tough guy

The scrawny guy got taken down with one hit by my bat and the normal guy took a couple hits. But the huge guy was taking hit after hit and not going down.

In the dream, I was smacking him right in the head and everything flashed like I was getting a SMAAAASH in Earthbound. But he just kept on coming.

Eventually he went down though and the illegal transaction was voided before it actually went through

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I wonder if it's perhaps flying over my head with laugh tracks, IMO. Half the time it seems like they're laughing at the failures in people's lives and I can't for the life of me understand how that's funny. Slapstick perhaps gets a kick out of me because the failure in that case is instantly bounced back from, there's a jump but it's without any real consequence.

Of course, a live studio audience would certainly function better in the absolute need of a laugh track if they were ever willing to spend the extra cash, but that's because recycled reactions in general tend to wear thin even aside from the punch no longer being concentrated to where it's natural. Someone endlessly ranting about some single issue they take with a video game or with society has no more substance when used the same amount of times in the same way.

I've noticed life in general seems to be rather repetitive and canned. Perhaps in that light even the most overused laugh track is unique and an escape.
Go watch two broke girls and you will see why laugh tracks are satans ass

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also I got the creepiest text last night from someone I don't know

IMG_20170409_113513.jpg

I don't know who "Shae" is or Kilroy if that's a name

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I had a weird dream last night, and I'm not making this up. It was about John Cena, he first appeared as a soldier in shades killing aliens or some kind of monsters(I don't really remember them that clearly), but then the canadian government took him in as prisoner for some reason, where he was serving the prison food. And then the rest of the dream was me trying to figure out how to legally get him out of prison. Also, for some reason in my dream I thought he was from New Jersey.

Also I got the creepiest text last night from someone I don't know

I don't know who "Shae" is or Kilroy if that's a name
Clearly it's aliens trying to communicate with you, don't let NASA find out.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a weird dream last night, and I'm not making this up. It was about John Cena, he first appeared as a soldier in shades killing aliens or some kind of monsters(I don't really remember them that clearly), but then the canadian government took him in as prisoner for some reason, where he was serving the prison food. And then the rest of the dream was me trying to figure out how to legally get him out of prison. Also, for some reason in my dream I thought he was from New Jersey.

Clearly it's aliens trying to communicate with you, don't let NASA find out.
I think the creepiest part is that I was watching videos on aliens and the men in black at the time

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Huh, didn't know Samurai Jack a comic book series existed (and made/ran a couple years before season 5 too).

I don't know if I'll read them though.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So with everyone talking about criticizing games they play, I'm going to run down some of my gripes with BotW...I speak about what I enjoyed from the game, but I don't feel like writing an essay's worth...

A lot of these gripes are mainly personal preference and often pertains to what I feel could've made the game even better, but still a few things...
Limited Weapon crafting
-Other than the Champion's weapons there is none and you only get to craft them after you have acquired them and they break...it could've worked similarly to cooking where you gather up the materials needed for certain weapons then just dump it into a smithy and *poof* new weapon...crappy combinations make weapons that'll break almost instantly...you should be able to upgrade weapons as well, and perhaps even repair them (I mean if I spent a ton of resources building and upgrading a certain weapon I'd like it to last, but of course over use before repair will cause it to break)...and for the record Weapon Durability doesn't bother me in this game considering how many weapons you can find and how easy they are to obtain at times, heck sometimes I feel there are TOO many weapons and I feel bad for just leaving one behind when I find a better one considering the use for them...I feel less bad if it breaks, especially after throwing it into a Moblin's face...

Enemy Variety
-this is a common complaint, but honestly it's something that I felt could've been made to be a lot better, instead of encountering more bokoblins/Moblins/Lizalfos just in slightly different varieties some more regional exclusive enemies could've been cool...same with the overworld bosses, we have Molduge in the desert which is fine gives you a surprise in an area you may not have gone to right away; then we got Hinoxes and Talus all over the rest of Hyrule...After fighting Hinoxes over a dozens times in a couple regions, when I explore another region I haven't been to and see only more Hinoxes it doesn't feel as diverse as it should feel because of it...
Would've been neat if there was say Skulltulas, Deku Babas, etc in the forested areas with perhaps Mothula as an overworld boss or perhaps encounter Darknuts in Hyrule Castle instead of a couple more Lynels which I've also encountered several times within different areas...
It just leaves more to be desired seeing more or less the same enemies all the time and not finding too many new enemies when exploring different areas...

Bossfights
-I'm a big fan of boss fights in games and the Zelda series usually has some of the best ones I played...This game was sort of lacking in that department, only three different overworlds bosses (four if you want to count Lynels, I guess) and for the main bosses from the Divine Beasts they were pretty much just different variations of themselves with Thunderblight being the one that stands out due to being slightly more difficult (only because I can't just snipe it with arrows the entire time)...As for the final boss Calamity Ganon was an ok boss...Wasn't quite that challenging but when I've already cleared the divine Beast the game rewards you by making it an easier fight anyways...Dark Beast Ganon, epic in scale, great music, but the fight itself wasn't very impressive...Was a little disappointing not being able to finish it with the Master Sword though it's understandable due to the game allowing you to fight Ganon with a Soup Ladle and a Pot Lid while wearing shorts...you need to be able to beat Ganon if it allows to fight him that early...still thought there was more they could've done with the final boss...

More Backstory regarding other important characters in the game
-Of course the Champions being the big one here, most of their story we got from a couple of memories and maybe from other NPC's we speak with, Mipha sort of given the most since a lot of the NPC's were still alive and knew her when she died...Revali was barely mentioned in Rito Village, Daruk and Urbosa were sort of just insinuated as being 'important' from their respective people...
Also the same is true for some of the...Psuedo-champions? Helpers? The one's that helped Link get into the Divine Beasts, other than Sidon they were kind of...just there to me...Even Riju, we get that she's quite young for a chief and wants to do the best for her people but that's about it...Teba felt the most irrelevant, mainly because there wasn't much build-up...You're told to go meet Teba, you meet Teba, do a mini-game, then it's straight off to the Divine Beast...very lackluster especially after the build-up to Naboris and Ruta...

Lack of Subterrantean Cave systems
-I like the shrines in the game and for the most part they serve as the 'caves' however we are exploring a vast world with large mountains and canyons yet the caves are usually nothing more than a single small crevasse containing nothing more than a few ores or chests, and maybe a shrine if you're lucky...I feel like some more complex natural cave systems with shrine-like puzzles could've made the world even more enticing to explore...heck some of these caves could end with a shrine at the end of it making for a neat reward or perhaps sometimes serve as a shortcut to different areas...have them hidden under waterfalls or have a boss sleeping at the entrance, then explore to find hidden treasure...One such example could've been like the Hebra regions great Skeleton except it's hidden deeper within the mountain instead of just open the doors and there it is...
One area I felt could've really benefitted from this was the Eldin region...

Dungeons
-I definitely liked the Divine Beasts, they made for some new, innovative, and interesting level design that can be greatly expanded upon in future games, the addition of a 3D map feature I feel is pretty huge as it gives the dungeon a unity that makes it stand with the openness of the world outside, this is one big area instead of just a bunch of rooms connected by doors and such...in other words these dungeons are no longer running on the traditional lock and key format that previous Zelda games had...and the use of 'adjusting' or changing the dungeons with the Sheikah slate allowed for some creative puzzle solving...I do wish that they were a bit longer, as well as more challenging and dangerous, there wasn't many enemies in the Divine Beast apart from a couple weak guardians and those Stalbubbles that were spawned from the malice...I still would've liked mini-bosses as well within the dungeons...but going forward I can see how this new layout for the dungeons can be implemented in the future...

No Fishing Rod
-Very minor nitpick but seeing as there are fish everywhere in the game and dozens of ways to fish otherwise, it's a little disappointing that I can't just sit and fish traditionally...I guess bombs will do instead...

Blood Moon
-The Glitch aside (which makes it worse, though since I've done the fix I haven't had anymore issues with the glitch), the Blood Moon is rather annoying at times...I'm in the middle of a fight or something then the Blood Moon activates interupting the fight and giving the enemy full health after I wreaked a few of my weapons fighting it...It also breaks the pace of the game after a while since you HAVE to go through the cutscene everytime (yes, you can skip it but you still have to wait for it to load)...I feel like it could've worked out better if it just respawned enemies...you're going about doing you're business Blood moon happens enemies will respawn right in front of you and you can just take them out right after or something like that...it's something that happens within the world I don't need a cutscene to take place to let me know...
and yes I'm aware that it needs a loading screen of sorts to be able to respawn the enemies I'm just saying it would've been better

Rain
-stahp raining so I can do things!!!

Animal interactions
-I really wanted to be able to pet the dogs, horses, etc...but apart from just giving them food there's not much interaction going on with the animals...yes you can Soothe your horse while riding it, but not while you're on foot...In Twilight Princess I enjoyed just running around Castle Town while holding a cat or dog, heck I could even play fetch with the dogs in that game, in here if i throw a stick while a dog's near me it'll just start barking at me because it thought I was attacking it...

I CAN'T RIDE ELDIN OSTRICHES!!!! D:<
-or Moose
-or Rhinos
-or Goats (I can ride goats in a Pokemon game but not BotW)

No diving or underwater stuff
-similar to the subterranean complaints, it's pretty disappointing that there's nothing to do underwater, nor do we have the ability to dive at all...We got the Zora armour to climb waterfalls which is cool, but once again unlike in Twilight Princess we can't basically scuba dive in this game...once again it allows for more to do especially in Lake Hylia, Zora's domain and on the Oceans where they've could added SOOO MUCH more stuff to explore because of it...but the water in this game was no different than in Wind Waker where it's just an obstacle...it seemed especially disappointing since you could look into the water and see coral and other underwater structures but you couldn't dive down to explore it...

Lack of a 'Ghost' area
-Personal nitpick once again, but the creepy ghost/haunted areas in Zelda games are amoung my favourite areas, especially since they tend to be rather rich in lore and history, and they also seem to be amoung the most immersive due to their creepiness...the Shadow Temple and Arbiter's Grounds are prime examples of this from previous Zelda games...I honestly thought Hyrule Castle could've provided this given how many people died a hundred years prior...I guess we do have the Stalenemies but nothing to really give me the same haunting feeling...

Framerates and Lag
-It doesn't bother me as much as it does some people, though it is noticeable...I hope they at least fix the lag that occurs while you're fighting Moblins as the game gets pretty choppy when you knock them over or kill them...I don't really notice any other instance the lag occurs or at least I don't remember it happening outside of fighting moblins...
I do hope people don't take some of these too seriously...

If I was to give the game a rating it would most likely be a 9.5/10, which is pretty much the closest a game will ever get to a perfect score with me...I honestly don't think I will ever play the 'perfect' game for it to warrant a perfect 10...perhaps that is just being too critical...

lol a 9.5 is too critical...How dare I give the game such a low score?! :p

How many shrines are in BotW?
120 exactly...

Last edited:

Chrono.

How many shrines are in BotW?
120 on the dot.
So with everyone talking about criticizing games they play, I'm going to run down some of my gripes with BotW...I speak about what I enjoyed from the game, but I don't feel like writing an essay's worth...

A lot of these gripes are mainly personal preference and often pertains to what I feel could've made the game even better, but still a few things...
Limited Weapon crafting
-Other than the Champion's weapons there is none and you only get to craft them after you have acquired them and they break...it could've worked similarly to cooking where you gather up the materials needed for certain weapons then just dump it into a smithy and *poof* new weapon...crappy combinations make weapons that'll break almost instantly...you should be able to upgrade weapons as well, and perhaps even repair them (I mean if I spent a ton of resources building and upgrading a certain weapon I'd like it to last, but of course over use before repair will cause it to break)...and for the record Weapon Durability doesn't bother me in this game considering how many weapons you can find and how easy they are to obtain at times, heck sometimes I feel there are TOO many weapons and I feel bad for just leaving one behind when I find a better one considering the use for them...I feel less bad if it breaks, especially after throwing it into a Moblin's face...

Enemy Variety
-this is a common complaint, but honestly it's something that I felt could've been made to be a lot better, instead of encountering more bokoblins/Moblins/Lizalfos just in slightly different varieties some more regional exclusive enemies could've been cool...same with the overworld bosses, we have Molduge in the desert which is fine gives you a surprise in an area you may not have gone to right away; then we got Hinoxes and Talus all over the rest of Hyrule...After fighting Hinoxes over a dozens times in a couple regions, when I explore another region I haven't been to and see only more Hinoxes it doesn't feel as diverse as it should feel because of it...
Would've been neat if there was say Skulltulas, Deku Babas, etc in the forested areas with perhaps Mothula as an overworld boss or perhaps encounter Darknuts in Hyrule Castle instead of a couple more Lynels which I've also encountered several times within different areas...
It just leaves more to be desired seeing more or less the same enemies all the time and not finding too many new enemies when exploring different areas...

Bossfights
-I'm a big fan of boss fights in games and the Zelda series usually has some of the best ones I played...This game was sort of lacking in that department, only three different overworlds bosses (four if you want to count Lynels, I guess) and for the main bosses from the Divine Beasts they were pretty much just different variations of themselves with Thunderblight being the one that stands out due to being slightly more difficult (only because I can't just snipe it with arrows the entire time)...As for the final boss Calamity Ganon was an ok boss...Wasn't quite that challenging but when I've already cleared the divine Beast the game rewards you by making it an easier fight anyways...Dark Beast Ganon, epic in scale, great music, but the fight itself wasn't very impressive...Was a little disappointing not being able to finish it with the Master Sword though it's understandable due to the game allowing you to fight Ganon with a Soup Ladle and a Pot Lid while wearing shorts...you need to be able to beat Ganon if it allows to fight him that early...still thought there was more they could've done with the final boss...

More Backstory regarding other important characters in the game
-Of course the Champions being the big one here, most of their story we got from a couple of memories and maybe from other NPC's we speak with, Mipha sort of given the most since a lot of the NPC's were still alive and knew her when she died...Revali was barely mentioned in Rito Village, Daruk and Urbosa were sort of just insinuated as being 'important' from their respective people...
Also the same is true for some of the...Psuedo-champions? Helpers? The one's that helped Link get into the Divine Beasts, other than Sidon they were kind of...just there to me...Even Riju, we get that she's quite young for a chief and wants to do the best for her people but that's about it...Teba felt the most irrelevant, mainly because there wasn't much build-up...You're told to go meet Teba, you meet Teba, do a mini-game, then it's straight off to the Divine Beast...very lackluster especially after the build-up to Naboris and Ruta...

Lack of Subterrantean Cave systems
-I like the shrines in the game and for the most part they serve as the 'caves' however we are exploring a vast world with large mountains and canyons yet the caves are usually nothing more than a single small crevasse containing nothing more than a few ores or chests, and maybe a shrine if you're lucky...I feel like some more complex natural cave systems with shrine-like puzzles could've made the world even more enticing to explore...heck some of these caves could end with a shrine at the end of it making for a neat reward or perhaps sometimes serve as a shortcut to different areas...have them hidden under waterfalls or have a boss sleeping at the entrance, then explore to find hidden treasure...One such example could've been like the Hebra regions great Skeleton except it's hidden deeper within the mountain instead of just open the doors and there it is...
One area I felt could've really benefitted from this was the Eldin region...

Dungeons
-I definitely liked the Divine Beasts, they made for some new, innovative, and interesting level design that can be greatly expanded upon in future games, the addition of a 3D map feature I feel is pretty huge as it gives the dungeon a unity that makes it stand with the openness of the world outside, this is one big area instead of just a bunch of rooms connected by doors and such...in other words these dungeons are no longer running on the traditional lock and key format that previous Zelda games had...and the use of 'adjusting' or changing the dungeons with the Sheikah slate allowed for some creative puzzle solving...I do wish that they were a bit longer, as well as more challenging and dangerous, there wasn't many enemies in the Divine Beast apart from a couple weak guardians and those Stalbubbles that were spawned from the malice...I still would've liked mini-bosses as well within the dungeons...but going forward I can see how this new layout for the dungeons can be implemented in the future...

No Fishing Rod
-Very minor nitpick but seeing as there are fish everywhere in the game and dozens of ways to fish otherwise, it's a little disappointing that I can't just sit and fish traditionally...I guess bombs will do instead...

Blood Moon
-The Glitch aside (which makes it worse, though since I've done the fix I haven't had anymore issues with the glitch), the Blood Moon is rather annoying at times...I'm in the middle of a fight or something then the Blood Moon activates interupting the fight and giving the enemy full health after I wreaked a few of my weapons fighting it...It also breaks the pace of the game after a while since you HAVE to go through the cutscene everytime (yes, you can skip it but you still have to wait for it to load)...I feel like it could've worked out better if it just respawned enemies...you're going about doing you're business Blood moon happens enemies will respawn right in front of you and you can just take them out right after or something like that...it's something that happens within the world I don't need a cutscene to take place to let me know...
and yes I'm aware that it needs a loading screen of sorts to be able to respawn the enemies I'm just saying it would've been better

Rain
-stahp raining so I can do things!!!

Animal interactions
-I really wanted to be able to pet the dogs, horses, etc...but apart from just giving them food there's not much interaction going on with the animals...yes you can Soothe your horse while riding it, but not while you're on foot...In Twilight Princess I enjoyed just running around Castle Town while holding a cat or dog, heck I could even play fetch with the dogs in that game, in here if i throw a stick while a dog's near me it'll just start barking at me because it thought I was attacking it...

I CAN'T RIDE ELDIN OSTRICHES!!!! D:<
-or Moose
-or Rhinos
-or Goats (I can ride goats in a Pokemon game but not BotW)

No diving or underwater stuff
-similar to the subterranean complaints, it's pretty disappointing that there's nothing to do underwater, nor do we have the ability to dive at all...We got the Zora armour to climb waterfalls which is cool, but once again unlike in Twilight Princess we can't basically scuba dive in this game...once again it allows for more to do especially in Lake Hylia, Zora's domain and on the Oceans where they've could added SOOO MUCH more stuff to explore because of it...but the water in this game was no different than in Wind Waker where it's just an obstacle...it seemed especially disappointing since you could look into the water and see coral and other underwater structures but you couldn't dive down to explore it...

Lack of a 'Ghost' area
-Personal nitpick once again, but the creepy ghost/haunted areas in Zelda games are amoung my favourite areas, especially since they tend to be rather rich in lore and history, and they also seem to be amoung the most immersive due to their creepiness...the Shadow Temple and Arbiter's Grounds are prime examples of this from previous Zelda games...I honestly thought Hyrule Castle could've provided this given how many people died a hundred years prior...I guess we do have the Stalenemies but nothing to really give me the same haunting feeling...

Framerates and Lag
-It doesn't bother me as much as it does some people, though it is noticeable...I hope they at least fix the lag that occurs while you're fighting Moblins as the game gets pretty choppy when you knock them over or kill them...I don't really notice any other instance the lag occurs or at least I don't remember it happening outside of fighting moblins...
I do hope people don't take some of these too seriously...

If I was to give the game a rating it would most likely be a 9.5/10, which is pretty much the closest a game will ever get to a perfect score with me...I honestly don't think I will ever play the 'perfect' game for it to warrant a perfect 10...perhaps that is just being too critical...

120 exactly...
I agree with most of this (except the Skulltula bit because **** spiders and my severe arachnophobia), but I was shocked that there wasn't a weapon crafting system, given the bonuses you can sometimes find in weapons, I was hoping I'd eventually find a blacksmith for that sort of thing but to no avail.

No way to restore durability either so Royal Guard weapons, as sick as they look, are ultimately a little pointless.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Incoming DDoS attack. Or alternatively you got paid off by Nintendo.

Depends on who you ask really.

9.5 is pretty much what I'd give BotW anyway now that I've had time away from the game.

120 on the dot.

No way to restore durability either so Royal Guard weapons, as sick as they look, are ultimately a little pointless.
I dunno, they make for a great decoration in the house you can buy

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A group of people are making a Smash 64 mod that adds new playable characters like Rayman and Conker (it seems like most of them are Mario clones at the moment though).

They're also using a Kickstarter for donations to help fund it.

This can't end well.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A group of people are making a Smash 64 mod that adds new playable characters like Rayman and Conker (it seems like most of them are Mario clones at the moment though).

This can't end well.

Kickstarter???

Clearly has never done a fan game before.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

This can't end well.

>**** show
>asking money
>doesn't own the IP
>IP is of a company infamous for being stingy with IP
DMCA in 3...2...1...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I feel like when I look at what I'd like to see added to the formula of BotW, I take a look at what would be the most efficient and complex mechanically.

When I look at enemies, I don't think about a dozen that get cubbyholed to one area, I pick one and then find a dozen things to do with it all over the place. Additional types of areas and ways to explore are definitely welcome, but I keep in mind which ones would require adding completely new physics mechanics to a game that already took half a decade largely because of it's physics engine combined with communication issues between staff.

Yeah there's plenty of things I'd like to see added, but I have to keep in mind how complex what they did is and how much effort it'd take to add more. Combine that with quality over quantity and you're not going to get literally everything in the world.

Heck, most games don't give you all of what you want in a sequel and I'm astonished that Splatoon 2 is practically going through the checklist of fan requests one by one outside of the Octoling thing (and even then we still have a few months to go. . .). Combined with the typical Splatoon turnaround, the guys working on THAT game are miracle workers.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Now that the library is basically said and done, what are your top 10 favorite Wii U games?

*For my list I am not considering remakes or BotW (as I consider it to be primarily a Switch game). You are allowed to if you want. Please note if I did, all 3 Zelda games would be top 5 easily.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X
2. Bayonetta 2
3. Pikmin 3
4. Hyrule Warriors
5. Super Mario Maker
6. Unepic
7. Freedom Planet
8. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
9. Shovel Knight
10. ZombiU

Honorable Mentions:
Splatoon, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World, Child of Light, 1001 Spikes, The Wonderful 101, various third party ports and eShop games

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

This can't end well.

I can already hear the sound of a meteor crashing on Earth at this point.
Seriously, a kickstarter? For a Smash 64 mod?!
If the Project M Team was still here, they would laugh at this.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Now that the library is basically said and done, what are your top 10 favorite Wii U games?

*For my list I am not considering remakes or BotW (as I consider it to be primarily a Switch game). You are allowed to if you want. Please note if I did, all 3 Zelda games would be top 5 easily.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X
2. Bayonetta 2
3. Pikmin 3
4. Hyrule Warriors
5. Super Mario Maker
6. Unepic
7. Freedom Planet
8. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
9. Shovel Knight
10. ZombiU

Honorable Mentions:
Splatoon, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World, Child of Light, 1001 Spikes, The Wonderful 101, various third party ports and eShop games
HOLD IT!
As you can clearly see, the witness claims Breath of the Wild doesn't count on the list of Wii U games due to it also being on the Switch, however... THERE'S A BUNCH OF THIRD PARTY GAMES INCLUDING A GAME THAT NICALIS TOOK LIKE 4 YEARS TO PORT IN THE HONOURABLE MENTIONS!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
praline praline I'm in a Sentai mood and I just remembered Sailor Moon is pretty much Sentai. What would you recommend?
Watch Crystal. It's the better one. It only has the first 3 arcs though.

120 on the dot.

I agree with most of this (except the Skulltula bit because **** spiders and my severe arachnophobia), but I was shocked that there wasn't a weapon crafting system, given the bonuses you can sometimes find in weapons, I was hoping I'd eventually find a blacksmith for that sort of thing but to no avail.

Then I have like 45 left.

Holy ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Holy **** the references that are in the MCU

This is so ****ing obscure.

I'd love it if New Warriors referenced his Grandson in any way (or had him as a character)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom