• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
@Swampasaur

In 100% honesty the fact that Skyward Sword and Xenoblade X are considered bad games just goes to show how spoiled the gamer base really is. Like someone else said a 70 on Metacritic in games is considered 'bad'. To put that into perspective, if a movie gets a 70% or above rating on Rotten Tomatoes it's considered 'guaranteed fresh' which means that a lot of people thought it was good and it's almost guaranteed you'll enjoy it as well.

And as a game, and not for what it did to the franchise, Sonic Adventure 2 is a FAR, FAR better game than 1. It's controls are tighter, it's levels are faster (or have better level design in general depending per character), and it's overall polish is much more noticable.

So you liking games like that isn't a problem with you. It's the fact that gamers are spoiled and jump to conclusions that anything below a 9 is garbage. None of the games you mentioned are bad. This is coming from someone who loves DK 64 the top tier of controversial games.
I would agree that the way the rating system is used is pretty terrible. Where many good games are given overblown scores to terribly low ones that mismatches the actual content. However that's strictly the case, those games are "good", but not exactly great. I mean, I would personally say that The Last of Us is probably one of the most overrated games in recent years, as the actual video game part of it is fairly dull, and that people focus too much on the flashy graphics and narrative people got emotional over. But the mechanics aren't particularly stand out and enemy AI can have it's hiccups. Though that's my personal taste.

But that's not an issue with the gaming audience entirely. Those expectations of only wanting 9 and 10 rated games due to the reviewers only using those for both solid and great titles alike. This leads to everything bleeding into each other. It establishes a status quo for the audience. And when a game is given something lower than that, despite the score more than likely fitting it's number (take Twilight Princess getting 8's on some sites) people freak out. As it messes with the established standard rankings were used to.

Had reviewers and the companies who buy them off stuck to honest numbers, then you wouldn't get jokes like "7.8/10 too much water."

D

Deleted member

Ketchup helps a lot of stuff taste better, just don't over do it unless it's a life-or-death situation
Anything involving pickles absolutely sucks and they should be eradicated from this planet
Most gamers are a bunch of whiny kids who can't deal with games not being the way they want
The Lillipup line is the objectively better Normal Pokemon line and the two-stage rodents ALL SUCK
Pineapple on pizza is ****ing disgusting stop pretending like it can be good
Playing Etrian Odyssey has been comproved to improve a person's cartographic skills and you should all play it
Swamp's friend is an idiot who somehow has taste ****tier than his

Did I miss something?
But a little too much I say? At least for this episode.

And I also finished watching "A Silent Voice"/"A Shape of Voice" in my local theater.

I don't really know what to say beside the movie is so good...
There's no such thing as too much "dork Iida"

Oh yeah, also, I found out they're releasing the MHA manga in here, bought the first and third volumes(they didn't have the second one but I reserved it anyways) and the fourth is supposed to release this month.
Reading the first, god, did the anime expand on it A LOT, and I'm glad they did

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Noooo, I missed all the first half of cloudy with a chance of meatballs
Pineapple on pizza is ****ing disgusting stop
no
Playing Etrian Odyssey has been comproved to improve a person's cartographic skills and you should all play it
No thanks, I have Persona

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There's no such thing as too much "dork Iida"

Oh yeah, also, I found out they're releasing the MHA manga in here, bought the first and third volumes(they didn't have the second one but I reserved it anyways) and the fourth is supposed to release this month.
Reading the first, god, did the anime expand on it A LOT, and I'm glad they did
Yeah, since Iida didn't really have that much spotlight until the sports festival is over.

I only bought the later volumes 9,10,11. And the Ultra archive.

And this is what it looks like when take the cover off:
IMG_20170221_182032.jpg

It looks so cool.

D

Deleted member

Good thing I like :162: cuz it's not a rodent...:p

I like Linoone as well which is also not a rodent :D
You got what I meant damnit
Noooo, I missed all the first half of cloudy with a chance of meatballs
You missed nothing then
Actually, no, you'll miss about 1 hour of your life watching that movie because it's a waste of time
Yes
No thanks, I have Persona
That's like saying no to Jesus because you have Satan
Yeah, since Iida didn't really have that much spotlight until the sports festival is over.

I only bought the later volumes 9,10,11. And the Ultra archive.

And this is what it looks like when take the cover off:
View attachment 127778
It looks so cool.
Does that Ultra Archive explain how Invisible Girl was able to beat GIANT ****ING ROBOTS?
But damn, it looks nice, hopefully it'll get released here once they get to the later volumes

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
That's like saying no to Jesus because you have Satan
Correction, I have The persona Satanael
You missed nothing then
Actually, no, you'll miss about 1 hour of your life watching that movie because it's a waste of time
I actuay really love Cloudy with a chance of meatballs because as a kid, I loved the story

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Does that Ultra Archive explain how Invisible Girl was able to beat GIANT ****ING ROBOTS?
But damn, it looks nice, hopefully it'll get released here once they get to the later volumes
Are you talking about the Robots in the exam or in the sports festival?

Nope, not even in her bio, my guess is she dodged those robots in the festival.
One thing I found interesting is how the creator describe her: Since we have never seen her true look, this is my guess, she probably looks sexy.
And she also seems be flexible as well.

The later section where the creator and the anime designer discuss about the series. The last part they talk about All Might's fate, which is indeed going to be tragic... oh dear..

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I apparently just found this was a thing in Breath of the Wild: there's an alternate cutscene to meeting Sidon at the beginning of the path, but it plays within the Zora Castle instead.

You get this cutscene instead of the normal Sidon one if you first travel to Zora's Domain without taking the path you're supposed to travel on.

Now THAT is attention to detail. Nintendo knew!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Early route Normal types, eh? Here's how I'd rank them.

Zigzagoon
Bunnelby
Bidoof
Ratatta
Sentret
Yungoos
Patrat

Patrat is honestly the only one I dislike using, mainly because Lillipup line is available from the start and removes all reason to use Patrat.

Late as hell buuuuuuuuut
Hey guys.

I have a question.

I tend to like more controversial games.

I like Skyward Sword. I like Star Fox Zero. I like Sonic Adventure 2. I like Xenoblade Chronicles X. Etc.

That's not to say I don't see the faults with them, but I still like or love them.

Does this mean I have lower standards then others?

I mean, I don't like EVERYTHING I play. I could rant about how much I hate Chibi Robo: Photo Finder because that game is terrible.

But I've been told my standards are too low recently. Do you guys agree?
I like all the games on that list (except SA2 and SFZ which I have not played), as well as games like FFVIII, Other M, Every FE game i've played (whether controversial to you means FE6 or 3DS FE is up to you) and a few games I cant remember.

IMO, it isn't low standards, just a different analysis. For some people, all that matters is that videogames are fun, since videogames are basically a recreational tool. Gaining the most enjoyment is all that matters, so unfun stuff kind of just gets ignored and they get to focus on enjoying the game. That is you and me I would assume. For some people, it is all about critical analysis of a game or maybe just wanting to find stuff to complain about. Im sure I could name a few people on that second one but im sure you can think of some on your own. But it's ok to play games like that to.

I'll stick with enjoying games though :p

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last night's Samurai Jack was gewd. Looking forward to next week's episode more though.
We finally see Scotsman's return, baby!

D

Deleted member

I don't think it's so much that gamers are spoilt as much as they love to be hyperbolic.

Seriously, everything either seems to be "amazing" or "trash" when people talk about a game. And amazing games exist, as do trash ones. But whatever happened to acknowledging that something is just... decent? All opinions online seem to find themselves getting intensified by echo chambers.

Though to your comparison, I feel that there are more higher quality games than movies nowadays. That might be why people have lower standards for movies. When it comes to TV, in which there is, imo, a lot of high-quality content, people do look more derisively on ratings around 70. I suppose in this, granted, it is easy to get spoiled. Though I feel there was always a good variety of great games. So it's probably a mix of both...
I also think that it's because the overall standard in gaming has increased considerably. Thus, we weigh things on a different scale. The greatest games of back then, have set the standards for ALL of the games today. OoT is a great game, in its time, it's not one that's aged well, and there are few games that have really (most of those are on the SNES in fact).

So for this reason, yeah, something like SS or XCX isn't unplayable, like many bad games of the dawn of 3D were, but compared to other games of their genre, they're not very good, and oftentimes, players are better of spending their time playing something else instead. When people say something is good or bad, or at least when I do, I compare them to other similar games I've played. There are so many games out today, I'd rather not spend my time with something mediocre when I could be spending it doing something better.

Likewise, look at Other M. I think all criticism of the game is fair. Is it a bad game by objective and qualitative standards? No, it's very polished in fact, and can offer good fun for people who've never played a videogame before. However, within the context of the Metroid franchise, it fails to understand what makes the franchise GOOD, and throws a lot of those things totally out the window, and adds new mechanics that simply DON'T work, or had little thought put into them. Other M is bad game. This doesn't mean people shouldn't like it, as because of the polish, you'll always find someone who'll enjoy it.

However, it's like Pop music, not to sound pretentious, but this is the difference between good taste and bad taste. People who've played more and a larger variety of videogames tend to have more developed tastes, and can pick up on the small nuances in design that either enhance the experience, or ruin it. Someone who doesn't care about gaming, will enjoy whatever you put in front of them, regardless. But when something doesn't work, it doesn't work, and you begin to pick up more and more on this as you've acquired better taste. The difference between say... Radiohead and Justin Beiber might be insignificant to someone who doesn't care about music, but to someone who does, it's worlds apart.

Is the new Star Wars Battlefront ACTUALLY trash? No, but I'd rather play Titanfall 2 than it instead. Are Brawl and Smash 4 trash? Ofc not, but Melee is better designed. And the difference can be felt by even a newcomer to the franchise if pointed out. I would know, I've done this dozens of times.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The only one out of those games on that list over the past couple of pages I've played was XCX, which I played a. . .lot of. However, I feel like it speaks to my own insecurities a bit.

I feel like I can't walk onto a conversation on the internet without hearing how awful my favorite games are. Sonic games by far get it the worst, but all Pokemon after Gen 1 is terrible, Kid Icarus has horrid controls assuming the odd person who absolutely hates it's voice acting and humor doesn't show up as well, Fire Emblem is just weeb animu trash, Smash 4 is garbage that spits in the face of Melee and has awful weeb characters and clones and third party characters, even Breath of the Wild that people supposedly like only exists to have people rant about how horrible it's dungeons are and how few enemies it has and how it's trash and Zelda should just go back to the formula.

And with Kid Icarus and Zelda sometimes people just want to see flaws fixed in a sequel. Fair enough. But so much of the time I have to listen to such angry and mocking and subjective language when I just want to see a game discussed. Gosh knows no one has any actual feedback for anything dating back to the 90's unless they're ranting about making it the way it used to be when they were a kid or stripping out entire categories of characters because it "taints the purity of it."

When I stress my concerns about feeling a bit inadequate about it, I just get told to suck it up and deal with it, but it's kind of awkward seeing my tastes ripped apart constantly. :/

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Likewise, look at Other M. I think all criticism of the game is fair. Is it a bad game by objective and qualitative standards? No.
I refuse to believe that's a part of the same reality when my hands hurt after playing it for too long and many flaws outside the story.

Today, I played about an hour of BotW at a friend, I died the most to accidentally falling off the tower that you erect at the beginning of the game. I also encountered 3 Guardians and they went down like total *******. They're not that hard guys!

D

Deleted member

I refuse to believe that's a part of the same reality when my hands hurt after playing it for too long and many flaws outside the story.
A polished turd is still a turd. ;)
Today, I played about an hour of BotW at a friend, I died the most to accidentally falling off the tower that you erect at the beginning of the game. I also encountered 3 Guardians and they went down like total *******. They're not that hard guys!
They're really not. You can cut off their legs, and stun lock them by shooting their eye. BotW has an inverted difficulty curve too, game gets easier as you move on, but only cause you can take more hits and deal more damage, not cause the actual challenge of the combat, which was a huge bummer for me. If you can't kill an enemy in the game, it'll basically be because your arsenal of weapons doesn't have enough durability.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

They're really not. You can cut off their legs, and stun lock them by shooting their eye. BotW has an inverted difficulty curve too, game gets easier as you move on, but only cause you can take more hits and deal more damage, not cause the actual challenge of the combat, which was a huge bummer for me. If you can't kill an enemy in the game, it'll basically be because your arsenal of weapons doesn't have enough durability.
My point exactly
Pfft I just shield bashed them. Got the timing down perfectly every time and OHKO'd the ****ers

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

I dont fight guardians upclose because I panic to easy and die. So I always try to use the shield trick

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I also think that it's because the overall standard in gaming has increased considerably. Thus, we weigh things on a different scale. The greatest games of back then, have set the standards for ALL of the games today. OoT is a great game, in its time, it's not one that's aged well, and there are few games that have really (most of those are on the SNES in fact).

So for this reason, yeah, something like SS or XCX isn't unplayable, like many bad games of the dawn of 3D were, but compared to other games of their genre, they're not very good, and oftentimes, players are better of spending their time playing something else instead. When people say something is good or bad, or at least when I do, I compare them to other similar games I've played. There are so many games out today, I'd rather not spend my time with something mediocre when I could be spending it doing something better.

Likewise, look at Other M. I think all criticism of the game is fair. Is it a bad game by objective and qualitative standards? No, it's very polished in fact, and can offer good fun for people who've never played a videogame before. However, within the context of the Metroid franchise, it fails to understand what makes the franchise GOOD, and throws a lot of those things totally out the window, and adds new mechanics that simply DON'T work, or had little thought put into them. Other M is bad game. This doesn't mean people shouldn't like it, as because of the polish, you'll always find someone who'll enjoy it.

However, it's like Pop music, not to sound pretentious, but this is the difference between good taste and bad taste. People who've played more and a larger variety of videogames tend to have more developed tastes, and can pick up on the small nuances in design that either enhance the experience, or ruin it. Someone who doesn't care about gaming, will enjoy whatever you put in front of them, regardless. But when something doesn't work, it doesn't work, and you begin to pick up more and more on this as you've acquired better taste. The difference between say... Radiohead and Justin Beiber might be insignificant to someone who doesn't care about music, but to someone who does, it's worlds apart.

Is the new Star Wars Battlefront ACTUALLY trash? No, but I'd rather play Titanfall 2 than it instead. Are Brawl and Smash 4 trash? Ofc not, but Melee is better designed. And the difference can be felt by even a newcomer to the franchise if pointed out. I would know, I've done this dozens of times.
If playing a wide variety of video games inevitably leads to being incapable of enjoying other video games, then I'd honestly just rather not play a variety.

I gave people the benefit of the doubt on "quality" once. I was treated with an attitude that Metroid can do no wrong and everything else in the universe is horrid. So I got Metroid for the NES off of Club Nintendo using the last of my points. I could see there was definitely a certain quality to it, but for the life of me I couldn't get into it. Now people walk it back and say "No, don't play that one! Play Super Metroid and the Primes!," but with the attitude Metroid fans greet every other video game in existence with, why should I even bother?

I'd rather pick up a video game because I feel like it than because everyone says I should. Hearing people legitimately excited about a game means more to me than hearing people say a game is good from the seat of their armchair, and a game with a fun artstyle and a type of gameplay I feel I have a preference for wins me over than people trying to crunch the numbers on perfection. People list off a half a dozen games they buy for their Switches and hyperanalyze how much "quality" they have and the only thing I have for my Switch other than Zelda is Waku Waku 7 and I just have fun mashing the controls and playing with split Joy-Cons with someone else IRL.

People who think too hard about video games lose something in the process, I think. The harder someone analyzes their quality, the less they seem like they're capable of enjoying themselves from where I can observe them. The childlike joy of just sitting down and enjoying a game just goes out to die when people focus too hard on sorting out which one is better than the other.

There's one heck of a disconnect when I play a video game and see an incredibly immersive and magical world and then I come back and the only thing people can think about is design complaints. Like they completely missed what I saw and could only see the negative.

Every game has something positive and something negative to offer, both of which should be taken note of. But instead it feels as though 99% of games are treated as though they have nothing to offer but sewage and the other 1% are put on some ridiculous pedestal as though they can do no wrong, unlike, you know, *shoves nose up*, THOSE OTHER GUYS. *snort*

It's OK to have some things you want to see changed in the future with a game, that's how game franchises grow at times, but people have a tendency to take things far too seriously and to completely ignore what others who enjoy a game like. Oh, and they just have an attitude as though video games either killed their family or barfed in their caviar. Take your pick on those two reactions.

D

Deleted member

If playing a wide variety of video games inevitably leads to being incapable of enjoying other video games, then I'd honestly just rather not play a variety.

I gave people the benefit of the doubt on "quality" once. I was treated with an attitude that Metroid can do no wrong and everything else in the universe is horrid. So I got Metroid for the NES off of Club Nintendo using the last of my points. I could see there was definitely a certain quality to it, but for the life of me I couldn't get into it. Now people walk it back and say "No, don't play that one! Play Super Metroid and the Primes!," but with the attitude Metroid fans greet every other video game in existence with, why should I even bother?

I'd rather pick up a video game because I feel like it than because everyone says I should. Hearing people legitimately excited about a game means more to me than hearing people say a game is good from the seat of their armchair, and a game with a fun artstyle and a type of gameplay I feel I have a preference for wins me over than people trying to crunch the numbers on perfection. People list off a half a dozen games they buy for their Switches and hyperanalyze how much "quality" they have and the only thing I have for my Switch other than Zelda is Waku Waku 7 and I just have fun mashing the controls and playing with split Joy-Cons with someone else IRL.

People who think too hard about video games lose something in the process, I think. The harder someone analyzes their quality, the less they seem like they're capable of enjoying themselves from where I can observe them. The childlike joy of just sitting down and enjoying a game just goes out to die when people focus too hard on sorting out which one is better than the other.

There's one heck of a disconnect when I play a video game and see an incredibly immersive and magical world and then I come back and the only thing people can think about is design complaints. Like they completely missed what I saw and could only see the negative.

Every game has something positive and something negative to offer, both of which should be taken note of. But instead it feels as though 99% of games are treated as though they have nothing to offer but sewage and the other 1% are put on some ridiculous pedestal as though they can do no wrong, unlike, you know, *shoves nose up*, THOSE OTHER GUYS. *snort*

It's OK to have some things you want to see changed in the future with a game, that's how game franchises grow at times, but people have a tendency to take things far too seriously and to completely ignore what others who enjoy a game like. Oh, and they just have an attitude as though video games either killed their family or barfed in their caviar. Take your pick on those two reactions.
Taste is something you acquire, like with everything. Not just vidya. The difference between enjoying tripe, and being able to appreciate Shakespeare, is having read some much tripe that your realize how generic and formulaic a lot of stuff really is.

It's the same in anything, Kubrick and Coppola vs. Michael Bay. Yeah, as a dumb teen I liked stuff like Transformers and the like a lot more, but as I grew older, I grew to appreciate slower and more intellectual films like 2001 A Space Odyssey.

A lot of anime fans HATE Evangelion, because it goes over their heads, they simply don't get it. The series has too many artsy bits, and stills, and a theme that's just hard for many people to comprehend, yet they gobble up stuff like Fairy Tail and SAO, which is really really basic, and has terrible storytelling, but it looks flashy and pretty, and holds their attention long, and hey, I'm guilty of this too, I LOVED Bleach as a teen. But it's undeniably ****.

When I was 14 I LOVED Linkin Park, and while I still might listen to them out of nostalgia, I can admit they're pretty trash. It's ok to enjoy garbage, but having refined taste is being able to tell the difference between something that's actually good, and creative, and something that's generic, poorly thought out, or made to consume and throw out.

Something legit good is timeless and pushes genres and industries forward. It's why Akira and Evangelion are regarded as masterpieces of the anime industry for example. Why Shakespeare is considered to be so far ahead of its time, because they were made by brilliant minds that pushed entire industries forward and revolutionized the way people saw stuff. Because they inspired the people that "got it" and then those people in turn expanded on THOSE ideas and concepts and so on and so forth. Being able to appreciate landmarks like those is what happens when you've acquired taste, which yes, comes as a result of playing a lot of mediocre or uninspired stuff, that simply isn't very good, or very poorly executed, and being able to distinguish between something good, and something bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I definitely think that 2D games definitely age a lot better than 3D games. For instance, I find 2D games of the N64/PS1 generation much easier to go back to than the 3D games of that era. Sprites and such just don't age nearly as badly as 3D models can. There's a reason why we still have games that replicate 8 bit games of all things.

tower that you erect at the beginning of the game.
Wait what? Great, now I'm going to have to get BotW, now I see why everyone's into it.

D

Deleted member

I definitely think that 2D games definitely age a lot better than 3D games. For instance, I find 2D games of the N64/PS1 generation much easier to go back to than the 3D games of that era. Sprites and such just don't age nearly as badly as 3D models can. There's a reason why we still have games that replicate 8 bit games of all things.

Wait what? Great, now I'm going to have to get BotW, now I see why everyone's into it.
They also had 2D games a lot better figured out as well. The first batch of 3D games were clunky and full of things that today, wouldn't fly.

Same thing's gonna happen to VR, it'll take Devs about a generation or two to really figure out the medium.

D

Deleted member

I forgot that I came back to using this site.
Anyway... Can anyone help me with some Trade evolutions in Gen 6?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Taste is something you acquire, like with everything. Not just vidya. The difference between enjoying tripe, and being able to appreciate Shakespeare, is having read some much tripe that your realize how generic and formulaic a lot of stuff really is.

It's the same in anything, Kubrick and Coppola vs. Michael Bay. Yeah, as a dumb teen I liked stuff like Transformers and the like a lot more, but as I grew older, I grew to appreciate slower and more intellectual films like 2001 A Space Odyssey.

A lot of anime fans HATE Evangelion, because it goes over their heads, they simply don't get it. The series has too many artsy bits, and stills, and a theme that's just hard for many people to comprehend, yet they gobble up stuff like Fairy Tail and SAO, which is really really basic, and has terrible storytelling, but it looks flashy and pretty, and holds their attention long, and hey, I'm guilty of this too, I LOVED Bleach as a teen. But it's undeniably ****.

When I was 14 I LOVED Linkin Park, and while I still might listen to them out of nostalgia, I can admit they're pretty trash. It's ok to enjoy garbage, but having refined taste is being able to tell the difference between something that's actually good, and creative, and something that's generic, poorly thought out, or made to consume and throw out.

Something legit good is timeless and pushes genres and industries forward. It's why Akira and Evangelion are regarded as masterpieces of the anime industry for example. Why Shakespeare is considered to be so far ahead of its time, because they were made by brilliant minds that pushed entire industries forward and revolutionized the way people saw stuff. Because they inspired the people that "got it" and then those people in turn expanded on THOSE ideas and concepts and so on and so forth. Being able to appreciate landmarks like those is what happens when you've acquired taste, which yes, comes as a result of playing a lot of mediocre or uninspired stuff, that simply isn't very good, or very poorly executed, and being able to distinguish between something good, and something bad.
Being philosophical as hell certainly has it's place, but so does fast paced fun.

Ideally one would observe the qualities in everything and analyze how to best bring the positive points together rather than than simply being upset at the negative.

As an example, one could analyze the storytelling one enjoys from one thing and attempt to reason out how to use it in an environment with the flash of the other. Take note of what gives someone character in something more cynical and use it in something more optimistic. There's a reason why people enjoy certain things, it's not just "garbage," it's that there's something there worth offering. It's just that at times one might partake in a bit too much of it and shift into a change of pace once they've had their fill.

Just because I have had about enough of sitcoms for a lifetime doesn't mean I think they only exist to be shallow, for example. They're a reflection of people's lives given shape and form. It says more to the fact that I simply don't enjoy the world around me anymore that I can't get into it than the fact that sitcoms have no function.

There's definitely something interesting to be seen from things that manage to push the world forward in a way, but that doesn't render everything that doesn't get recognized as doing such as useless. Everything has it's own little push in a way, everything has something to give. Only a few things actually get the credit. And even the legendary works of the past aren't flawless either. Nor are their worldviews necessarily compatible with those of every potential reader.

And there's a certain element of "True art" as well to the world. True art is angsty, is incomprehensible, is ancient, the world says. Does that make anything optimistic, understandable, and recent worthless? Of course not. The standards for true art are rather silly. As fascinating as a light switch flicking on and off legitimately is or as quirky as steel beams oddly welded together are, if that's the standard of the world then what makes the crayon drawing of a five year old child worth any less? If watching the world collapse around you and collapsing into failure is so enthralling, then what makes being able to overcome one's failure into triumph worth any less?

I think the human race perhaps feels embarrassed by itself. Ashamed. Those that can admit the truth about the world loathe themselves to the core, so they can only feel some painful satisfaction in watching everything be destroyed, a world where everything that is not human judges us the same way we judge ourselves. But if we look even further, admit the truth behind the truth. . .humanity has some hilarious self esteem issues. And not for no reason, oh gosh no, but let's not think for a second they're not there. Art has a tendency to come from the same place in people's hearts as Nine Inch Nails.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Evangelion fans can pretend their anime is “deep” while I rewatch Dragon Ball and contemplate whether Perfect Cell or Dabra was stronger, my connection to Goku as I raise my hands for the Genki Dama, and how Bulma could not realize she wasn’t wearing panties when she exposed herself to Roshi.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The new Pokemon movie is sure getting some big reactions.
The second comment is why the first comment said what it did in the first place. And considering it's a quote, the second comment guy probably said something typically genwunnery in the first place to set it off.

I wouldn't recommend genwunners do THAT, of course, but I do know there's certain medical procedures often involving water or. . .apparently one movie used yogurt or something. . .that can get out some things that may be stuck.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just because I have had about enough of sitcoms for a lifetime doesn't mean I think they only exist to be shallow, for example. They're a reflection of people's lives given shape and form. It says more to the fact that I simply don't enjoy the world around me anymore that I can't get into it than the fact that sitcoms have no function.
Sitcoms... It had to be sitcoms... I'm not sure how people find sitcoms engaging or entertaining, I've always thought that they're by far the worst(or at least most boring) entertainment.

Though that's probably because laugh tracks are the worst thing ever created.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The second comment is why the first comment said what it did in the first place. And considering it's a quote, the second comment guy probably said something typically genwunnery in the first place to set it off.

I wouldn't recommend genwunners do THAT, of course, but I do know there's certain medical procedures often involving water or. . .apparently one movie used yogurt or something. . .that can get out some things that may be stuck.
Don't send genwunners to the hospital. All of the IVs would give them an aneurysm.

:p

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Sitcoms... It had to be sitcoms... I'm not sure how people find sitcoms engaging or entertaining, I've always thought that they're by far the worst(or at least most boring) entertainment.

Though that's probably because laugh tracks are the worst thing ever created.
Sitcoms with laugh tracks are awful. Unless if Seinfeld had one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom