• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If i remember correctly from The Magic School Bus, theres also a kind of bacteria that preserves the cucumber, and thats actually how it becomes a pickle.
So pickles are made via fermentation?

That's pretty cool.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Dude.

What the hell.
You never had the most electrifying drunk in sports entertainment? (it's a family joke) It's not as bad as most people think. It actually isn't.

It's better than most things out there

It is, isn't it?

No lie, I've done it before too.
It is. Like I'm being serious. It wasn't bad.

When I run out of pickles while making burgers I just pour some of the juice on them and it tastes good.

Drinking directly from the pickle jar? Also good imo.
We drunk it directly from the pickle jar

Ok that's it im done

Handing in my mod liscence this site needs to be purged
Man you're so soft

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ketchup on eggs isn't bad...
I don't really do it on purpose, it just happens when I put ketchup on my home fries at times, but it's not like it ruins my breakfast...

As I've mentioned before I prefer french toast with ketchup instead of loading it with sweet stuff...

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Heh. There's worst thing.

I've drunk pickle juice and still do. It's pretty delicious
Here you go

---

The more I play Breath of the Wild, the more I feel like the main reason i don't see it as this amazing masterpiece is cause it's for the most part my first Zelda game. I did play Windwaker, but I don't recall ever getting much farther than Rito Village (although I do recall doing some dungeon with Medli, so maybe I did get farther). A lot of the awe and wonder I suppose is lost on me since there's not really much connection. I'm aware of various things, but there's no bond. Still, even if I don't see it as the 10/10 best game of the century as others do, it's still one damn good game and one of the few games that utilize Open World wonderfully.

As much as I loved FFXV, it's Open World is very lacking and underutilized, not just because of how much less you could do with it, but just how the story is structured. Your home city gets destroyed and your country is occupied by a much larger nation, you're rushing to get married to your childhood friend, while staving off demons as the world falls into eternal night... But first, let's go Chocobo Racing! Your only goal in BotW is to defeat Ganon, that's it. Everything before that is just readying yourself, and it's not something that's time sensitive, so taking as long as you want doesn't wreck the flow of the story. The only other Open Worlds that are like this off the top of my head are Bethesda games, sorta ignoring Fallout 4, and Grand Theft Auto. There's definitely others, but nonetheless, it's something just not utilized all that well.

Combat is real fun too.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Here you go

---

The more I play Breath of the Wild, the more I feel like the main reason i don't see it as this amazing masterpiece is cause it's for the most part my first Zelda game. I did play Windwaker, but I don't recall ever getting much farther than Rito Village (although I do recall doing some dungeon with Medli, so maybe I did get farther). A lot of the awe and wonder I suppose is lost on me since there's not really much connection. I'm aware of various things, but there's no bond. Still, even if I don't see it as the 10/10 best game of the century as others do, it's still one damn good game and one of the few games that utilize Open World wonderfully.

As much as I loved FFXV, it's Open World is very lacking and underutilized, not just because of how much less you could do with it, but just how the story is structured. Your home city gets destroyed and your country is occupied by a much larger nation, you're rushing to get married to your childhood friend, while staving off demons as the world falls into eternal night... But first, let's go Chocobo Racing! Your only goal in BotW is to defeat Ganon, that's it. Everything before that is just readying yourself, and it's not something that's time sensitive, so taking as long as you want doesn't wreck the flow of the story. The only other Open Worlds that are like this off the top of my head are Bethesda games, sorta ignoring Fallout 4, and Grand Theft Auto. There's definitely others, but nonetheless, it's something just not utilized all that well.

Combat is real fun too.
What ****ING L?
You trippin m8

View attachment 127774

Alright.

What'd I miss.
A war on good and titles.

Nobody wins

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
but I don't recall ever getting much farther than Rito Village (although I do recall doing some dungeon with Medli, so maybe I did get farther
A lot farther.

You almost cleared the game.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
A lot farther.

You almost cleared the game.
There's no way, I must be mistaking it then. Maybe I didn't have a partner with me? I just remember being on a rocky island and it was night time, and there was some sort of puzzle dungeon on it. I wish I could go into the specifics, but it was so long ago.

Edit: Looked into it, turns out I was still on Dragon Roost, and there is a Dungeon you do with Medli, but not the mind control.

It's weird, I still feel like I went farther than that.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Sometimes, I put ketchup on my broccoli.
I like Marmite...
I've drunk pickle juice and still do. It's pretty delicious
It is, isn't it?

No lie, I've done it before too.
I like to dip my quesadillas in chocolate milk until the tortilla is completely moist.
When I run out of pickles while making burgers I just pour some of the juice on them and it tastes good.

Drinking directly from the pickle jar? Also good imo.
We drunk it directly from the pickle jar
I put ketchup on my eggs so
As I've mentioned before I prefer french toast with ketchup instead of loading it with sweet stuff...

Waaaaaaaaait wait wait wait.

Wait.

What.

The ****.

Did I miss.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's not often I get absolutely floored by fan theories. The last time it happened was when Gravity Falls' big Not What He Seems twist was what some folks predicted.

But holy ****. Literally holy, too.

This Star vs The Forces of Evil theory is amazing.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Thanks to bacon often being served on the same plate as pancakes full of drippy syrup, I have come to realize bacon tastes perfectly fine with some sugary flavors.

With that in mind, the whole bacon ice cream thing one fast food place was doing doesn't sound like so much of an abomination in theory, but I never did get around to trying it.

That said, it's bacon and sugar, two of the most revered tastes known to mankind. Most flavors I'm hilariously picky with.

Also I used to dip popcorn in my soda or apple juice, but I haven't done that in a long time.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wait....who's hatin on my sock ferret?
:162:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wasn't hating on Furret.

Just disappointed it wasn't a Pikachu edit.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Thanks to bacon often being served on the same plate as pancakes full of drippy syrup, I have come to realize bacon tastes perfectly fine with some sugary flavors.

With that in mind, the whole bacon ice cream thing one fast food place was doing doesn't sound like so much of an abomination in theory, but I never did get around to trying it.

That said, it's bacon and sugar, two of the most revered tastes known to mankind. Most flavors I'm hilariously picky with.

Also I used to dip popcorn in my soda or apple juice, but I haven't done that in a long time.
Burger king once had a Bacon Sundae...I believe it was only in the States so it wasn't available where I live...

Maple Syrup and Bacon is dangerously good though...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah Ash's kanto team might be slightly different in the movie:

IT looks like the pokemon on the outside are his team members, which if so, I'm hyped for Gengar. I know the movie is likely non canon but I hope its a psudeo reboot to the anime in which Ash's Kanto journey was different, but the rest of his were the same before Sun and Moon. Likely won't happen but it be cool to see.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
WHY KAMEN RIDER IS BETTER THAN ANIME
There was a problem fetching the tweet
OUR TOKEN 'WAIFU' CHARACTER IS ACTUALLY IMPORTANT
It's not often I get absolutely floored by fan theories. The last time it happened was when Gravity Falls' big Not What He Seems twist was what some folks predicted.

But holy ****. Literally holy, too.

This Star vs The Forces of Evil theory is amazing.
That actually looks like it has potential to be real
Trans Marco still better with more potential evidence tho

Chrono.

That actually looks like it has potential to be real
Trans Marco still better with more potential evidence tho
Don't the female riders always die out of the blue tho?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
She may be important, but I think I'm going to need a huge break from anything weeb after that.

Also she reminds me of that android in Tekken

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I still don't get why the badass robot chick has to act all cutesy and have a high squeaky voice.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Don't the female riders always die out of the blue tho?
You don't understand
When she was first leaked the detail alongside her was that she's important storywise and she has TOYS. They NEVER make toys for characters who die shortly or appear only in movies anymore
I still don't get why the badass robot chick has to act all cutesy and have a high squeaky voice.
She's a video game character brought to life specifically from a rhythm game

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been looking at some speedruns for Breath of the Wild...It's actually quite impressive how quickly these runners have come up with routes and strats for the game...

Any%'s are around 40 minutes while All Dungeon Runs are at about 2 and a half hours...

As I suspected runners are going for Medoh first...then Naboris, followed by Rudania with Ruta last...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And so I've beaten Breath of the Wild!

Fantastic game overall! The overworld really brought out the best of Hyrule that I couldn't help but explore for quite a while. All the shrines (minus the motion ones) were enjoyable puzzles, and I liked how the Sheikah Slate Runes could be used in many ways. The soundtrack is fantastic too once when it presents itself, especially the Hyrule Castle, Van Ruta Battle, Van Naboris Battle, the Blight Ganon, Zora's Domain, and Rito Village themes.

The story follows a simple formula like any other Zelda game, but I appreciate the post-apocalyptic feel it has. I also love the attention to detail, especially when it comes to Yiga Clan. When you defeat Master Kohga, all the Yiga Clan members you meet from them on will reference how Kohga was slain (I.e. that one Shrine Quest where you fight a Yiga Blademaster near Kakariko Village; if you do the quest after beating Kohga, the Blademaster will say, "For my fallen master," right before the fight. Some other attention to details I liked are how the characters follow the day and night cycle and how it could impact their interactions with you.

Then there's the characters. There's no doubt Revali has become one of my favorite Zelda characters of all time, and Princess Zelda is a really well-written character this game: great character development and relatable with the whole "forced to be a princess" deal come to mind. She's up there with the SS, WW, and ST Zeldas for my favorite Zelda in the series. I even enjoyed Link as well for being a sympathizable character with the backstory that explains why he's silent. Some other characters that I really enjoyed are Urbosa, Sidon, Mipha, Yunobo, Daruk, Riju, Kass, and King Rhoam.

My only issues with the game:
  • Most of the bosses were easy, except for Thunderblight Ganon who put up a good challenge. Even the Final Boss was easier than I expected, especially in the 2nd part of the fight.
  • Frame-rate drops, especially in Korok Forest. Thankfully, Nintendo seems to be gradually fixing this issue with the patch updates
  • Questionable voice-acting in some scenes and characters (Mipha and the Zelda crying scene come to mind)
  • The Champions could have had more screentime. I really enjoyed all of them, and I wanted to learn more about each of them.
I can definitely say this game is a strong contender for one of my video games I've played, and quite possibly my favorite Zelda game yet. Looking forward to the DLC!

Chrono.

Been looking at some speedruns for Breath of the Wild...It's actually quite impressive how quickly these runners have come up with routes and strats for the game...

Any%'s are around 40 minutes while All Dungeon Runs are at about 2 and a half hours...

As I suspected runners are going for Medoh first...then Naboris, followed by Rudania with Ruta last...
Revali's Gale helps a ton in dungeons so I'm not surprised there.

D

Deleted member

Because Japan and how popular cutesy is over there.

Also, it's still better than the alternative of badass robot chick is. Just watch the Sega Genesis hacks video that Vinesauce(Joel) did.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Revali's Gale helps a ton in dungeons so I'm not surprised there.
Revali's Gale is broken in dungeons, especially Naboris...but it's also useful in the overworld as well since it's faster to scale cliffs...

Also German voice acting...(I actually really like Zelda's German voice)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, I have some peanut butter on me, can I pass now?:samusmelee:

Joke aside, I'm finally cured!...Sort of, more like, 98% cured, 'still have some little problem here and there. But beside that, I'm back in action!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom