• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Persona 5 just glitched on me and now I'm walking on thin air but I can't go on the raised platforms nor get down. I can phase through some of the platforms that go higher. The Phantom Thieves are taking the Phantom part too literally.

Good thing the save room is nearby I guess.

that 2nd picture is like MC is talking to Makoto about keeping the stash
Is it in English?
yep yep, its all in english. It has an option to change it from english to Japanese

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm bored, so I'm here to see if the NintenZone has anything particularly fun to do.

Who am I kidding? I can't be bored when I have a shirtless Link on my TV :V

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That moment when someone who doesn't want an additional Sonic character in Smash due to it detracting from the "prime directive" goes on to say he supports the Mega Man character Zero.

What?
:4megaman: . . .

Is it bad that I instantly know who you're talking about due to the phrasing of the first part?

I always did get a vague impression like he only retroactively made the argument in order to not get in trouble for his initial response, but I never actually expected it to be cemented like this.

AAAANYWAY.

Since I was in panic mode over the scratch I could see on the bezel of my Switch when I reflected light on it, I got the fastest shipping possible for my screen protector. In retrospect I don't know why I wasn't expecting a literal sheet of glass, LOL. This is significantly less trashy than I expected out of screen protectors from my DS Lite one. Honestly about as excited for the oil repelling nature of it as the protection. I can't even see the scratch in the light anymore after holding putting it on.

I guess my Switch is a tank now, huh? :4pit:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I meant it more as if they didn't have names(like the Risen or Invisible bosses in 13 and 14)
I guess full-Terror maps have those but like a generic Paladin without name or portrait
Not to my knowledge.

Though there are those weird cases in the final chapter of the game like Belreth and Kelbeth where bosses have the same name as their class....though those guys all seem to have portraits now.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
That moment when someone who doesn't want an additional Sonic character in Smash due to it detracting from the "prime directive" goes on to say he supports the Mega Man character Zero.

What?
BUSTED!

Seriously though, one of the moderators scolded me pretty hard about it last week, that's why i didnt go into detail about Smash's prime directive when i visited the thread.

Supporting Zero is the least i could do for the Megaman fanbase since i havent ditched him yet.

That being said, Imma watch some baseball on TV.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

What?
They should support Mega Man X anyway. Him and Knuckles would be hype. As unlikely as it is.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, I was watching a conspiracy theory video

Then I walked to my window and looked outside and read a sign

I read the sign as "No one is real" before quickly correcting and realizing what it actually said

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
LOL, I was watching a conspiracy theory video

Then I walked to my window and looked outside and read a sign

I read the sign as "No one is real" before quickly correcting and realizing what it actually said
You didn't misread it. You were just peering into another universe where that is what the sign said.

:p

Chrono.

This was supposed to be a heartwarming moment but I guess my Link's current armor may have made it unintentionally funny.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This was supposed to be a heartwarming moment but I guess my Link's current armor may have made it unintentionally funny.

Is it supposed to be heartwarming? I thought the Samson team are creepy. Especially the guy sitting down.

Chrono.

Is it supposed to be heartwarming? I thought the Samson team are creepy. Especially the guy sitting down.
Eh, seemed to be mostly played for laughs. I didn't find it creepy, unless you find effeminate dudes creepy. :p

I didn't really feel anything from the wedding just because of how out of the blue it the comes. But building a town was neat.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I caught up with season 5 of Samurai Jack.

I love that this show can make 22 minute episodes feel much longer. Normally that would be seen as a bad thing, but Samurai Jack does this so well.

This doesn't even just apply to the 5th season, the whole show is good at it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I caught up with season 5 of Samurai Jack.

I love that this show can make 22 minute episodes feel much longer. Normally that would be seen as a bad thing, but Samurai Jack does this so well.

This doesn't even just apply to the 5th season, the whole show is good at it.
I know what you mean. It's a show that leaves you wanting more of it. It's that entertaining. Though it's one of those series I find myself liking more as I got a bit older.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Thinking up a beginning of any show is really hard but I think I have a good idea for the start of my cartoon..

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I thinnk Blizzard just isn't putting Overwatch on Switch at this point because they're lazy. That's all I got from the ''Third ecosystem bit."

The Switch could run Overwatch, you don't have to have a handheld mode. It'd be nice for sure, but it just seems to me as if they're just not up for having to add a fourth thing in the mix when pushing out updates, events, and new heroes.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I thinnk Blizzard just isn't putting Overwatch on Switch at this point because they're lazy. That's all I got from the ''Third ecosystem bit."

The Switch could run Overwatch, you don't have to have a handheld mode. It'd be nice for sure, but it just seems to me as if they're just not up for having to add a fourth thing in the mix when pushing out updates, events, and new heroes.
The only reason I don't want it on the Switch is cause of how much I spent on the xbox one version, and I know I'll jump to that version.

D

Deleted member

What do you get when you combine Snake with Doomguy with mother****ing Guts?

Slayer.jpg

The Roster thus far btw:

Tiger Square Roster.jpg

@Holder of the Heel
Here's a list of some of the other stuff I've got planned:
1 - Half Demon Tiger Oni
2 - Gunslinger Priest
3 - Iron Maiden, mechanical angel
4 - Inflatable Orc Girl
5 - Red Hooded Witch > Werewolf
6 - Time-traveling Hero of Justice (Kamen Rider-inspired)
7 - Technomancer Elf
8 - Badass Demon Hunter Super Soldier
9 - Horseman-War - Heavy beatdown character, has a Hammer and Shield
10 - Belmont-Inspired Demon Hunter with a Chain Sword Whip
11 - Beastmaster Girl + Giant Cat - wields a lance, can control plants and stuff
12 - Battousai Girl - has two swords
13 - Ninja Catgirl - two tailed cat - she has a shinespark+Sheik-inspired moveset
14 - Ice Queen

(18)
- Horseman-Pestilence
- Horseman-Famine
- Horseman-Death
- Loli Witch
- Kung Fu Girl
- Summoner Elf Princess + Avalokitesvara (twin sister to the technomancer)
- Val Halen - Nordic Guitarrist - Electric attacks
- Quadrupedal Dog-Beast-Tiger (Gabumon+Entei)
- Young Earth-mage boy, Geomancer, Terraformer
- Psychotic Gay Clown
- Red Fire Demon Elemental
- Psychic Alien Boy/ESPer
- Huge Red Godzilla Dino (T-Rex) with mechanical Parts (shoulder mounter cannons)
- Homonculous Turtle/Armadillo/Goron Demon
- Puffball Imp Demon
- Garuda
- Mastermind Psychic Gimp (Jinzo/Voldo)
- Puppetmaster Ghost w/ Voodoo Doll (Master of Puppets)

Last edited by a moderator:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If the Switch proves to be really successful, I think we'll see Overwatch make its way on to the console sooner rather than later.

Same goes with other third parties hesitant to put their games on the Switch.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So in light of today's Pokemon movie news, I'd thought I'd do a straw poll I've been wanting to do for some time, and it seems like today is the perfect day to do so. That said, the topic is...

Out of all the Pokemon movies that have been released, which one is your favorite?

Answer in the Strawpoll link below!

http://www.strawpoll.me/12706260

You can only pick one, so choose wisely,

My pick went to the 10th movie: The Rise of Darkrai
  • It was the first movie where we had mascot legendaries battle each other, and I think they nailed it perfectly. It really felt like the stakes were high, both legendaries demonstrated how fearsome they are, and you even gained a sense of their emotions (Palkia's especially).
  • Very enjoyable cast of human characters such as Alice, Tonio, and Baron Alberto (he's funny).
  • Darkrai was one of the best written and most likable characters in all of the Pokemon movies. I loved how we were initially made to believe Darkrai was a villain, but as the movie progressed, it became clear Darkrai was a hero and the reasons why it did its heroic acts tie in with a really sweet backstory.
  • Gallade made his anime debut here, and he was awesome whenever he showed up: particular scenes of interest include the one when he notifies Ash & friends about Darkrai's presence and the one when he Psycho Cuts an entire tree in half
  • The church-bell Oracion scene was one of the best scenes I've watched in a Pokemon movie. So beautifully composed, and very moving too.
  • Great soundtrack overall, with masterpieces such as this.
Let's see if the first movie will win this poll...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What?
.....are you serious right now? SMH.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Often times these types of international copyright suits would cost more money than GameFreak would be willing to lose. It sucks, but that's why the whole "Chinese bootleg" thing is so common.
But I think this is a knock off from Taiwan, which is even more suck.
Also, the new MHA ep

Kacchan just outright called everyone from the other 10 classes extras.
And he's right, except for Bubblegum Hair, Sleep-Deprived Dude and Blowed Up Steel Eyes because they were in the OP.
Also, Iida manages to bless every frame he's in. Deku and Ochako's expressions make it even better.

Also also, Cinnamon Roll's mom is a cinnamon roll herself too.
They really made this part better than the Manga lol.
Kacchan is also more bratty but also awesome as well.
Kind of odd that they make Iida more dorky to some e

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Blaming it on a company being lazy is pretty lazy think to say the least. If anything, it's because Blizzard doesn't believe it's a worthwhile investment; even if the Switch is fully capable of running Overwatch, it still takes money to port it over, and that money may not even be worth it if there's no audience. Generally speaking, the Nintendo audience doesn't play Shooters. And Blizzard isn't even alone on this. Look at all the games coming out on Switch, a large portion of them are ports, some a year old, and others older. Bethesda could probably port over Fallout 4 to Switch, but that's probably a more expensive endeavor. Capcom is releasing an "enhanced" Street Fighter II, when the Switch could probably run Street FIghter V fine. Rayman Legends, Disgaea 5, etc. All these games aren't being ported over simply because the Switch can run it, but because they're cheaper to port over and test the waters with. If those ports sell well, then developers will go all in, but till then they're playing conservatively. If ActivisionBlizzard were to test out the waters with the Switch, they'll more likely try it with something like Diablo III, or Call of Duty.

So in light of today's Pokemon movie news, I'd thought I'd do a straw poll I've been wanting to do for some time, and it seems like today is the perfect day to do so. That said, the topic is...

Out of all the Pokemon movies that have been released, which one is your favorite?

• It was the first movie where we had mascot legendaries battle each other, and I think they nailed it perfectly. It really felt like the stakes were high, both legendaries demonstrated how fearsome they are, and you even gained a sense of their emotions (Palkia's especially).
  • Very enjoyable cast of human characters such as Alice, Tonio, and Baron Alberto (he's funny).
  • Darkrai was one of the best written and most likable characters in all of the Pokemon movies. I loved how we were initially made to believe Darkrai was a villain, but as the movie progressed, it became clear Darkrai was a hero and the reasons why it did its heroic acts tie in with a really sweet backstory.
  • Gallade made his anime debut here, and he was awesome whenever he showed up: particular scenes of interest include the one when he notifies Ash & friends about Darkrai's presence and the one when he Psycho Cuts an entire tree in half
  • The church-bell Oracion scene was one of the best scenes I've watched in a Pokemon movie. So beautifully composed, and very moving too.
Latios and Latias is the only one I can rememebr.

Im sure I loved the Lucario movie so much when I first saw it but I cant remember any of it.

So Latios and Latias get my vote because it appears to be quite memorable and enjoyable it seems. GOAT town too

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Blaming it on a company being lazy is pretty lazy think to say the least. If anything, it's because Blizzard doesn't believe it's a worthwhile investment; even if the Switch is fully capable of running Overwatch, it still takes money to port it over, and that money may not even be worth it if there's no audience. Generally speaking, the Nintendo audience doesn't play Shooters. And Blizzard isn't even alone on this. Look at all the games coming out on Switch, a large portion of them are ports, some a year old, and others older. Bethesda could probably port over Fallout 4 to Switch, but that's probably a more expensive endeavor. Capcom is releasing an "enhanced" Street Fighter II, when the Switch could probably run Street FIghter V fine. Rayman Legends, Disgaea 5, etc. All these games aren't being ported over simply because the Switch can run it, but because they're cheaper to port over and test the waters with. If those ports sell well, then developers will go all in, but till then they're playing conservatively. If ActivisionBlizzard were to test out the waters with the Switch, they'll more likely try it with something like Diablo III, or Call of Duty.
Diablo III on the Switch would be awesome.

If CODWWII went over I'd probably grab it though

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've only seen 3 or 4 pokemon movies

Mewtwo
Pokemon the movie 2000
Lucario

and

Entai movie

Hmm...I dunno. Mewtwo one is classic. The song in 2000 is extremely memorable. Entai had some good parts

I don't actually remember Lucario that much though unfortunately.

(I guess the answer is 4)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's too late for April Fools, though I wish I were kidding.
-pinching bridge of nose and sighing-

Can't access Strawpoll for some reason, but it's probably the 3rd movie for me.

And not out of Entei bias, as it was the movie that made me like Entei in the first place.
But just for the fact that the movie was enjoyable as a kid, and now that I'm older, I'm able to appreciate just how well done it was made.

Honorable mentions are the first movie, the Deoxys movie, and the Lucario movie.

D

Deleted member

. Capcom is releasing an "enhanced" Street Fighter II, when the Switch could probably run Street FIghter V fine.
Not trying to argue against your point, but there's pretty much no chance of SFV ever being ported to non-PlayStation/PC platforms (at least not anytime soon) due to Sony having exclusivity rights. There's a reason why it's not on Xbone either.
If ActivisionBlizzard were to test out the waters with the Switch, they'll more likely try it with something like Diablo III, or Call of Duty.
Or Skylanders, which they already did. CoD appearing on Switch wouldn't surprise me, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom