• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
.....are you serious right now? SMH.
Would you say this is an accurate summary of your reaction to that news? :upsidedown:

. . .Nah, on second thought it doesn't seem quite your type. :4megaman:

It does seem rather odd that the standard matters enough for one character for them to not be supported but not another, though. . .

D

Deleted member

I've only seen 3 or 4 pokemon movies

Mewtwo
Pokemon the movie 2000
Lucario

and

Entai movie

Hmm...I dunno. Mewtwo one is classic. The song in 2000 is extremely memorable. Entai had some good parts

I don't actually remember Lucario that much though unfortunately.

(I guess the answer is 4)
*Entei

At first I thought you were dispelling hentai when I glanced at your post.

I really need to rewatch the Entei movie. . .

The one thing I remember as a kid is thinking a lot of the pokemon were made up.

Phanphy and Teddiursa I think, were pokemon I assumed was made from the kid's imagination. I had no idea for years they were official pokemon because I never met them in Ruby or firered!

D

Deleted member

Would you say this is an accurate summary of your reaction to that news? :upsidedown:

. . .Nah, on second thought it doesn't seem quite your type. :4megaman:

It does seem rather odd that the standard matters enough for one character for them to not be supported but not another, though. . .
It's more like a whole series. While this is the first time the whole "prime directive" thing was stated in a support thread for a specific character, it's not the first time it was stated in regards to characters from the franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Honestly I think the first Blizzard game coming to the Switch is gonna be Hearthstone

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's more like a whole series. While this is the first time the whole "prime directive" thing was stated in a support thread for a specific character, it's not the first time it was stated in regards to characters from the franchise.
Have we seen him discuss the franchise outside of the context of Smash before?

When you put it like that, it sounds rather odd. Almost like there's something specific to that series going on.

:4sonic:

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
Well, thanks to good ol' Twitch, I still get to watch Midwest Mayhem. Though I just wish I can intend a major tournament in person someday. As of this post, it's Ally versus Locus. I'm enjoying watching this stream, though. It calls for a snack to watch with, actually, so I'm gonna grab one real quick.

EDIT: The match just ended, I think.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What do you get when you combine Snake with Doomguy with mother****ing Guts?

The Roster thus far btw:

@Holder of the Heel
Here's a list of some of the other stuff I've got planned:
1 - Half Demon Tiger Oni
2 - Gunslinger Priest
3 - Iron Maiden, mechanical angel
4 - Inflatable Orc Girl
5 - Red Hooded Witch > Werewolf
6 - Time-traveling Hero of Justice (Kamen Rider-inspired)
7 - Technomancer Elf
8 - Badass Demon Hunter Super Soldier
9 - Horseman-War - Heavy beatdown character, has a Hammer and Shield
10 - Belmont-Inspired Demon Hunter with a Chain Sword Whip
11 - Beastmaster Girl + Giant Cat - wields a lance, can control plants and stuff
12 - Battousai Girl - has two swords
13 - Ninja Catgirl - two tailed cat - she has a shinespark+Sheik-inspired moveset
14 - Ice Queen

(18)
- Horseman-Pestilence
- Horseman-Famine
- Horseman-Death
- Loli Witch
- Kung Fu Girl
- Summoner Elf Princess + Avalokitesvara (twin sister to the technomancer)
- Val Halen - Nordic Guitarrist - Electric attacks
- Quadrupedal Dog-Beast-Tiger (Gabumon+Entei)
- Young Earth-mage boy, Geomancer, Terraformer
- Psychotic Gay Clown
- Red Fire Demon Elemental
- Psychic Alien Boy/ESPer
- Huge Red Godzilla Dino (T-Rex) with mechanical Parts (shoulder mounter cannons)
- Homonculous Turtle/Armadillo/Goron Demon
- Puffball Imp Demon
- Garuda
- Mastermind Psychic Gimp (Jinzo/Voldo)
- Puppetmaster Ghost w/ Voodoo Doll (Master of Puppets)
Are you making a fighting game or something?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Blaming it on a company being lazy is pretty lazy think to say the least. If anything, it's because Blizzard doesn't believe it's a worthwhile investment; even if the Switch is fully capable of running Overwatch, it still takes money to port it over, and that money may not even be worth it if there's no audience. Generally speaking, the Nintendo audience doesn't play Shooters. And Blizzard isn't even alone on this. Look at all the games coming out on Switch, a large portion of them are ports, some a year old, and others older. Bethesda could probably port over Fallout 4 to Switch, but that's probably a more expensive endeavor. Capcom is releasing an "enhanced" Street Fighter II, when the Switch could probably run Street FIghter V fine. Rayman Legends, Disgaea 5, etc. All these games aren't being ported over simply because the Switch can run it, but because they're cheaper to port over and test the waters with. If those ports sell well, then developers will go all in, but till then they're playing conservatively. If ActivisionBlizzard were to test out the waters with the Switch, they'll more likely try it with something like Diablo III, or Call of Duty.
To sum up if Nintendo Switch sells very well I think it will happen.
Nevertheless, I don't mind if Overwatch ultimately did not come to Nintendo Switch since I prefer playing the game with keyboard and mouse rather than joy stick controllers.
And you can't really say that Nintendo audience doesn't play shooters, maybe this is the case before Splatoon but I think most Nintendo audience at least isn't a hardcore FPS fan. Overwatch though is a different kind of FPS, and many of Nintendo audiences like me enjoys the game because it is different.
What I want to conclude at the end is that I would be glad if Overwatch did port to Nintendo Switch, I just don't think it has to, and I personally think that Nintendo Switch needs more third party exclusive titles rather than porting AAA third party titles. Because as we have seen before, AAA third party titles don't tend to sell well on Nintendo console due to later release date and more bad performance compare to other console ports.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I come back from my exile to Twitter and I come back see that pineapple pizza is still liked here?

I knew I couldn't trust you guys. Snake didn't die for this

Chrono.

I come back from my exile to Twitter and I come back see that pineapple pizza is still liked here?

I knew I couldn't trust you guys. Snake didn't die for this
Hey don't lump me in with them.

I've never had pineapple pizza but I hate pineapples in general.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
The only Pokémon movie I've completely watched was the first one.

I tried watching Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel, but it was boring and I fell asleep.

I've seen part of the :244: movie so long ago. All I can remember from it is Entei taking Ash's mom and giving her to a little girl in a tower who didn't have one, and then Ash climbing up the tower with :152::155::158:.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Some people might enjoy this:

As for my favorite pokemon movie, hard to choose.

My top 3 would probably be

Lucario's

Lugias

Volcanions

They all had pretty good stories and pretty emotional and memorable scenes. The next movie might make the list too if its good.

D

Deleted member

Have we seen him discuss the franchise outside of the context of Smash before?

When you put it like that, it sounds rather odd. Almost like there's something specific to that series going on.

:4sonic:
He has a history for expressing how he hates it in different contexts.
Which is all the more ironic considering he used to be a major fan of the franchise.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
He has a history for expressing how he hates it in different contexts.
Which is all the more ironic considering he used to be a major fan of the franchise.
TBH, that sounds like typical behavior of fans of the franchise. :4sonic:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Not trying to argue against your point, but there's pretty much no chance of SFV ever being ported to non-PlayStation/PC platforms (at least not anytime soon) due to Sony having exclusivity rights. There's a reason why it's not on Xbone either.
Oh yeah, that too. Then maybe test it for MVC:I or future fighting games.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Honestly, unless it plays like absolute ****, even a dumbed down version of Overwatch will still sell on the Switch...for a AAA 3rd party game it has something over most other 3rd party games (such as Call of Duty and the like) and that is appeal...It still appeals to a Nintendo audience...

And quite honestly, the portability alone can be enough to drive sales...

If at the end of the year the Switch sells over 20 million units or something, Blizzard won't be making these excuses, either they're in or they're not...

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I like Marmite...

I still have yet to find anyone else other than my dad that likes it...(it's not that bad, people)

D

Deleted member

HOLY **** THE POWER RANGERS MOVIE
*ahem*
****, this **** was great, this is the kind of adaptation I'm talking about
They gave me a likeable cast of characters, actual plot, some cool armor designs, the original Power Rangers theme and some cool-yet-confusing action scenes.
Also, Mechas. Also also, Mechas combining. Also also also, the Mechas were dinosaurs. And also a gun
They even had some cheesy stuff that added to the whole PR feel.
Also, Billy is best Ranger.
"Did you just slap her?"
That was like, the best way to defeat a billain I've ever seen, Joseph wishes he could have just slapped Kars into space.
Not to my knowledge.

Though there are those weird cases in the final chapter of the game like Belreth and Kelbeth where bosses have the same name as their class....though those guys all seem to have portraits now.
Yeah, I saw those classes in the wiki, I don't get why they even felt the need to make enemy-only variations of normal classes, much less some boss with the same name as their class
But I think this is a knock off from Taiwan, which is even more suck.

They really made this part better than the Manga lol.
Kacchan is also more bratty but also awesome as well.
Kind of odd that they make Iida more dorky to some e
Iida being an adorable dork is the best thing to ever happen in Season 2

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This HAS to be a bannable offense right?

At the very least a crime against humanity.
Heh. There's worst thing.

I've drunk pickle juice and still do. It's pretty delicious

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
That's some form of treachery.

I kind of like the taste, that's all.

I learned that people hate pickle juice from iCarly. After watching the episode, I decided that I'd drink some pickle juice, because I like pickles and I figured I'd be an exception.

It was nasty.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I like to dip my quesadillas in chocolate milk until the tortilla is completely moist.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

People will be people, and traditions will be traditions.

One time while my dad was still alive, I caught him putting ketchup on his peanut butter and banana sandwich.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I mean pickle juice is just Vinegar steeped with cucumber and whatever else happens to be in the jar...

Then again I'd never just straight up drink vinegar...way too acidic...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wouldn't drink pickle juice.

Pineapple juice is fine by me, though.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When I run out of pickles while making burgers I just pour some of the juice on them and it tastes good.

Drinking directly from the pickle jar? Also good imo.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well; I get back from a Smashfest and we're still talking about pineapple pizza and crazy food combinations you should not ever try. Guess that confirms I didn't miss anything? :p

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You know what, thinking about it, I'm calling the next pokemon games.

Red Sun and Blue Moon.

Sequel to Red, Blue, Sun, and Moon.

Follows the changes put forth in the new anime movie. Ash cameos and you play as his companions.

Start in Kanto which has rapidly grown since the original games. Team Rocket comes back but in a new way.

Post game is an Alola storyline and has champion Lillie.

Probably not gonna happen but you know what I think it can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom