• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Sonic Runners Adventure is real after all.

Sounds like a sequel/spiritual successor/revival of Sonic Runners, but being outsourced to Gameloft (Sonic Team are probably too busy with Sonic Forces and a bit of Sonic Mania, probably a contributing factor to why they killed the original as well as it's general failure). It also won't be online-only, and seems to be aiming to get rid of the gacha aspect of the game (i.e. no more random pulls for Heroes/Buddies, everything is either unlocked at specific milestones of play, or purchased with Rings).

It also sounds like it will have normal levels akin to Super Mario Run/Rayman Jungle Run, as well as the traditional Endless Mode.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Looking forward to seeing this in action.

Not being online-only and removing the gacha elements are massive improvements.

D

Deleted member

I've seen screenshots of the final dungeon, the armies are combined for Chapter 6.

...Though it seems silly the paths to Alm's side of the map would still be blocked off.
I think they'd either be unlocked after beating C5 or you'd gain access to some warp point. I doubt they'd make half of the map unnaccessable.

Though it would be cool if they had done it so Alm would go through the eastern side of Akaneia and the two would converge again later but I guess that'd be expecting too much

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
That's a bit surprising. I thought Japan had the bigger Street Fighter audience. That, and I wasn't too sure how big the Smash scene really was in Japan.
SF is Japan's game but this is mostly a case of SFV being generally disliked.

At least it gives Tekken and GG more time in the limelight. :D

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, after reading the support page, it's definitely Sonic Runners: "Sorry About Last Time, We Made it Good Again".

Gameplay generally seems like it will be the same, though there are some subtle differences like Star Posts being present for banking Rings. They specifically mention the core mechanic of there being momentum on slopes and what not like the original. They also mention the differences between Speed, Flight, and Power classes, and it's the same as the original. They also mention Team Dark and Team Chaotix so they will at least be playable on release.

Main revamps seem to be not needing to be online all of the time (you'll still need it for initial download/sign-up and updates, but other than that it can be played without an internet connection), removal of gacha elements, and the character level system is different (maximum Level is Lv.5, the original went up to Lv.100 IIRC).

There's still a few slightly concerning things like it lacking a data transfer option at launch and what not, but that won't effect most players (especially on release), and could be fixed later.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
SF is Japan's game but this is mostly a case of SFV being generally disliked.

At least it gives Tekken and GG more time in the limelight. :D
I'll be happy to see more Tekken footage. I actually thought it was more impressive that TWO Americans made to top 8 despite the game on being in arcades here or on consoles. I remember more people being impressed with L.I Joe's performance for SFV, even though he likely had better access to the game. Though I think it's still damn good with what he did. And I was rooting for him.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Nah, the canon version has her crying herself to sleep after 6 tubs of ice cream after she realized she'd never get a kick *** sequel to Fusion in which she's considered a terrorist by the GF and has a Zero Suit stealth gameplay in which she's able to use her Metroid DNA powers to stealthkill and ****
Look I just want to explore a planet with H.R. Giger looking aliens

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Look I just want to explore a planet with H.R. Giger looking aliens
Well, if they do a game that follows up after Fusion, I hope they take the level design more along the lines of Super and Zero Mission. Fusion itself was a more linear game in terms of 2-D Metroids. I think that the more off hands approach to story and obviously guiding the player works in the series favor.

I still want another proper Prime game. I'd like to see Sylux back since they keep hinting at his return. And that I have a bit of a bias towards that kind of Metroid game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently neolibs are supporting Trump's decision to bomb Syria

Which is weird because the liberal people I know are against it and wanting to start peace protests

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Going through another language Amazon and succeed? That's true bravery.
granted I needed to change the langue to english after a while because the instructions said "go to manage you adress" and the Japanese amazon has WAY more options under accounts then NA. Im not that good at Japanese so thank god there was an english option. Although I did create the account all in Japanese so yay me :088:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate I know you mentioned the Mandela Effect before. And James Rolf made a video about it. I don't know if you saw it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
@PsyhcoIncarnate I know you mentioned the Mandela Effect before. And James Rolf made a video about it. I don't know if you saw it.

I saw that in my feed. I was going to watch it as soon as I'm done with a different video

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That said, I don't think there's any examples that come to mind right away of me experiencing the Mandala Effect myself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing that kind of annoys me about this current voting gauntlet in Fire Emblem Heroes is that Camilla being there automatically kills any shot any other character had of winning. The only opponent that even comes somewhat close to Camilla popularity-wise is Cordelia, and going by the fact that those two are going at it today, Cordelia has about 700,000 supporters, and Camilla has three million, it's going to be an absolute curb stomp.

Curb stomps aren't fun. At least put her against people who had a fighting chance. :/

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One thing that kind of annoys me about this current voting gauntlet in Fire Emblem Heroes is that Camilla being there automatically kills any shot any other character had of winning. The only opponent that even comes somewhat close to Camilla popularity-wise is Cordelia, and going by the fact that those two are going at it today, Cordelia has about 700,000 supporters, and Camilla has three million, it's going to be an absolute curb stomp.

Curb stomps aren't fun. At least put her against people who had a fighting chance. :/
She has 3 reasons for her popularity. 2 are obvious but also the fact her only facial expression is "I WANNA SUCK THE PEEPEE" in Heroes

D

Deleted member

Clair's official artwork
>Proper Tights with a Skirt
The final piece of evidence needed to prove her redesign was made to appease to me as much as possible.

Also, since Echoes uses their official art on the portraits, this means we have gotten more artowrk of it BEFORE THE RELEASE than Fates did in 2 ****ing years
Are you skeptical the same reason I am, or is Turkey just a funny name?
Nah, Peru is funnier because it actually means "turkey" in their own language

And I think we are. We're thinking of Erdogan, aren't we?
check out what they let me bring home from work!

The best part is that you have no use for it nor is there any space for you to properly keep it
It was just for free and you don't say no to free **** unless they're drugs or Kamen Rider

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
The best part is that you have no use for it nor is there any space for you to properly keep it
It was just for free and you don't say no to free **** unless they're drugs or Kamen Rider
That's where you're wrong, kiddo. I actually do have a use for it: I can tell people "Hey, I have Kong: Skull Island at my place, wanna come see it?", and when they come over I take the sign out of the attic so that I can literally show them "Kong: Skull Island". We just took that picture after we brought it inside XD

AlsowhatwasthataboutKamenRider

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I was saying it's trash
I SAID TRASH
Why did I read this in the voice of Frank Reynolds from It's Always Sunny?

Wait a sec! IIIIIII See why you did there!

...I suddenly need to make a video where Gentaro is saying Frank's whole Trash Man thing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Tries to take a shower
>Water in the whole building is off
>Supposed to be turned on again at about 4PM
>"ok"
*later*
>Water comes back
>Starts the shower
>Gets turned off again
I hate plumbers
Why did I read this in the voice of Frank Reynolds from It's Always Sunny?

Wait a sec! IIIIIII See why you did there!
You see? Because I don't, what exactly did I do?

Chrono.

Wind Waker HD is the only Zelda game I've played and beaten. I got it for free for pre-ordering Mario Kart 8.

I remember having a pretty good time with it.
It's the first Zelda I had played in years (Played and beat OoT 3D before and MM on Wii VC), I was kinda lukewarm on it, to be honest.

I agree with Johnny here that I find OoT and MM to be slightly better.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
You see? Because I don't, what exactly did I do?
In the first ep of Kamen Rider Fourze, these guys knock Gentaro into a trashcan and it's a recurring joke where he's referred to as trash or garbage. I thought it was a reference to that

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm a little surprised we haven't heard more details on the Super Bomberman R free DLC. Konami stated there would be more details in "the next few days" but it's been a week since they said that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom