• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The attack is based on the logic that they would be seen as good if they stop the people who did that terrible crime. It may seem wrong, but with the right people it can also be seen as right.

Wouldn't be the first time America went and fought countries for similar reasons.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I still don't think much is gonna happen here.

Everyone has their hands tied in some way after this.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Let me get this straight be some of you ask why am I sharing poll results and the new poll here. Aussie is sick, very very sick. She was feeling bad at first, but then it got worse. She's gong to have to take a break for a while until she's feeling better. Sorry to disappoint those who usually talk to her, especially you @Yellowlord and Bestmand902 Bestmand902 .
Yikes, that's worrying! Tell her that I hope she recovers soon.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen
Throwback Thursday+Cursed Image

Reminder that the pilot is set to air on 2016
"HEY GUYS WE'RE THE FIRST SHOW WITH A TRANSGENDER VA AREN'T WE AMAZING?"
But what about Maddie Blaustein
"Who?"
The woman who played Meowth in pokemon many years before she died
"Who?"
And no Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , I will never watch your precious Kamen Rider. Power Rangers for life!
OK
Never mind the Super Sentai crossovers
Never mind how Kamen Rider has actual good quality seasons in comparison to the Neo Saban era
Never mind how Nickelodeon has a vendetta against your show
Never mind that Ex-Aid alone trumps the entire franchise and is only halfway finished

D

Deleted member

I don't think we should get involved with Syria, it's unfortunate, but it's true. The civil war should just settle itself out, rather having us waist fuel on an already chaotic fire. There's not any 'good guys' in the Syrian war, aside from innocent civilians which have been killed by both the rebels and the government itself, no one even agrees on who the "good guys" are, so who are we to support? Either way we're supporting a terrible group, we can't really force freedom in a country, it won't last. This whole thing started because Assad, the guy that reportedly fired chemical weapons(though apparently there's conflicting reports on this), tried to modernize the country.(According from what I've heard from my friend who's a Syrian migrant) So apparently many of them don't want modernization, hence the rebels.

So our only option to stop the bloodshed, is even more bloodshed.(Which probably won't even bring any peace mind you.)

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You guys think we'll get a Nintendo Direct before E3 or is it pretty much just E3 ahoy?
If they don't pipe up in the next two weeks, E3 ahoy.

Kinda thought we would've heard something more by now, but I guess they're still willing to ride on BotW press and simmering hype that MK8D, Specter Knight, and the Splatoon 2 testfire drummed up.

Leaving us hungry for more isn't a tactic I particularly like, but it does work, and Ninty does it frequently.

I'm looking at you, amiibo.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A small Direct covering the 3DS/N3DS would be nice *cough* where's Ever Oasis? *cough*
Said direct could also cover the next Pokémon game and FE: Echoes amiibo compatibility :4corrinf:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
We need another FE direct so we can see more Waifu Emblem Warriors and get more information about their payable characters other than the one that got his chance on another day :lol:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
So I started getting into Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Already on Stardust Crusaders, is it just me or are the villains total ass in comparison to the Pillar Men and Dio?

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
It's you as Dio is the villain of SC :p
But yeah, SC is pretty episodic
I know Dio's the lead villain, but literally almost every villain so far (On Chapter 21) is really forgettable (Minus Forever, I really liked the idea of him)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I started getting into Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Already on Stardust Crusaders, is it just me or are the villains total *** in comparison to the Pillar Men and Dio?
You might like Hol Horse. There's a few others that stick out to me, but Hol Horse and D'Arby most of all.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
You might like Hol Horse. There's a few others that stick out to me, but Hol Horse and D'Arby most of all.
Oh, sweet! I hear good things about Vanilla Ice as well as Horse and D'arby, and isn't there some sort of Hawk that works for Dio too? Can't quite recall, but I remember hearing good things about that one too. I think the problem I have is the same issue I have with Frozen and Zootopia's villains: They're not really around long enough to really show a true personality outside of their villainy. Idk if it's because there were fewer of them or because the chapters were longer, but it feels like the Pillar Men got developed more.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh, sweet! I hear good things about Vanilla Ice as well as Horse and D'arby, and isn't there some sort of Hawk that works for Dio too? Can't quite recall, but I remember hearing good things about that one too. I think the problem I have is the same issue I have with Frozen and Zootopia's villains: They're not really around long enough to really show a true personality outside of their villainy. Idk if it's because there were fewer of them or because the chapters were longer, but it feels like the Pillar Men got developed more.
Hol Horse is reoccuring luckily
You're thinking of Pet Shop

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think getting a direct in April is relatively likely.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The most recent Digimon Tri. poster in HQ

Here we can see Meicoomon's Mega Form, that kinda looks like Zudomon, and Ophanimon Falldown Mode.

This side form of Ophanimon is the result of her experiencing an massive level of anger, causing the supression of her emotions and complete madness; in this state she hunts her opponents without mercy and estabishes her own sense of justice, even at the cost of total destruction.

TL;DR: Zamasu with metal boobs.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Finally watched the newest Sun and Moon episode today.

That one particular scene was quite sad indeed, but one thing I'm surprised no one has talked about is the sheer amount of symbolism going on throughout the episode, so much so that it added to the emotion and intensity of that scene.

I remember finding some great symbolism during a good chunk of XY&Z episodes, and I've been longing to see those elements again in the S&M series. Looks like my wish was granted. This is the first time I've seen a Pokemon episode using deep symbolism in a while. With that, it's analysis time!

First image that immediately comes to mind is the bare tree. The tree is dull in color with minimal leaves; either the tree's health has been deteriorating or the tree is already dead. Want to know what else was dying in the first half of the episode? Stoutland. That Pokemon tended to sleep underneath a bridge right next to that tree. With all this in mind, you can say that tree symbolizes Stoutland and the condition it's in.

Now, note that in various moments in the first-half of the episode, one leaf gets blown away from the tree. With each leaf carried away, we see Stoutland's condition worsen. The final leaf from the tree is blown away the moment Stoutland dies. Thus, the tree signifies a countdown clock to death, with each passing leaf indicating a deteoriation in the Pokemon's health. When all the leaves are gone, the tree has lost all life. Likewise, Stoutland's condition deteoriates over the course of the episode to the point of death.

And once Stoutland dies, we see Litten grieving over Stoutland's death. For the duration of it, the episode changes to a gray-coloring instead of the usual, cheerfully bright colors. This highlights a tone change, one that not only affects Litten but even those surrounding it. Ash and Kukui become quite sorrowful watching Litten cry, and we see how gloomy Ash looks when thinking about the Pokemon. This gray-colored tone continues even when Ash buys food and brings it to Litten, which shows that no matter what kind act Ash does for it, Litten continues to grieve.

It's also worth noting that rain pours the moment Litten realizes Stoutland died. Due to its chaotic nature and similar properties to tears, rain commonly symbolizes grief and turmoil. The rain ultimately symbolizes Litten's grief.

The symbolism only gets more interesting with this clip:

As you can see in these two screenshots, Ash and Kukui are watching Litten grieve from a distance. A dark shadow separates the two individuals from the Pokemon. On the other side of the shadow, Litten is all alone. The shadow ultimately conveys Litten's deep feelings of loneliness, especially when its father-figure and the only family it had passed away.

Now, going back to Stoutland, the final leaf blows from the tree and onto the sofa that Stoutland slept on. When it rests there, Litten stays on that bed for the time the leaf is there. Like we previously examined, the tree symbolized Stoutland and its deteoriating health, and it ultimately served as a countdown with each passing leaf. The final leaf marks Stoutland's death, but unlike the other leaves, it doesn't just fly away. It lands on a location close to Litten instead... on a location that was dear to the Pokemon. To me, this must've been Stoutland's way of accompanying Litten without being physical present in this difficult time. It's like it's physical presence just faded away, but it's spirit hasn't passed into the afterlife just yet...

...which leads me to the next symbolism. There came a point where the final leaf blew away from the sofa, but at that moment, the rain stopped and the colors returned from gray monotones to bright colors again. When Litten wakes up, it sees a cloud formation of Stoutland, complete with a rainbow in front of it. Rainbows signify happiness, and when they follow after death, it usually means the deceased individual has finally found peace. You can apply this to Stoutland. When it died, it probably didn't achieve peace right away, as evident by the gray monotones and the leaf's presence of the sofa that Litten stayed with. Now, with the cheerful colors and rainbow in the sky, it seems that Stoutland has finally passed into the afterlife. The cloud also seems to nod to Litten, and Litten no longer grieves. From that, the color tone change and the cloud's movement represent the moment Litten has learned to move on.

In all, what makes this episode so brilliant is that the symbols and the color tones highlight Stoutland's death and portray the various feelings Litten experiences in response to it.

On some other minor notes, I really liked how Meowth factored into this episode. You can tell that it developed a bond with the Litten after that scuffle in the episode where the starter trio was separated from their trainers, and Meowth seemed to pick up on the tragic events. Probably my favorite Meowth moment was when the Pokemon was looking up at the ceiling from within Team Rocket's base. As Meowth worries about the situation, Bewear comes up and hugs Meowth. Normally, Bewear intervenes in a comedic scene where it hugs Team Rocket and takes them away, but here, we see a much more caring side to Bewear. The contrast from the humorous hug to one of emotional warmth adds to the nature of what is going on.

There is no doubt Stoutland's death will go down as one of the most emotional scenes in the anime in recent years alongside Clembot's death, Bonnie singing that sweet song to free Puni-chan from Team Flare's control, the final DP episode, and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Chrono.

The most recent Digimon Tri. poster in HQ

Here we can see Meicoomon's Mega Form, that kinda looks like Zudomon, and Ophanimon Falldown Mode.

This side form of Ophanimon is the result of her experiencing an massive level of anger, causing the supression of her emotions and complete madness; in this state she hunts her opponents without mercy and estabishes her own sense of justice, even at the cost of total destruction.

TL;DR: Zamasu with metal boobs.

I can't see it clearly, but Meicoomon's Mega is a huge step up over Meicrackmon.

Fallen Ofanimon is interesting, I guess Hikari is gonna deal angst of some sort.

I actually haven't watched tri. heard mostly mixed things like the plot never going forward, as well as Meiko and Meicoomon being incredibly divisive and the 02 kids getting BTFO'd.

Speaking of Digimon, here's a new PV of Digimon Story Hacker's Memory.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If any of this somehow does lead to war, I'm not supporting it

I do not support Trump's action of bombing Syria

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I was looking through some of Rock's win quotes in KOF XIV...

vs. Alice: A-Are you OK? Your moves are so much like Terry’s, I got a little too fired up...

vs. Yuri: Th-The Kyokugen style attracts all kinds, huh...

How amusing, still hormonal as hell :p

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
You guys think we'll get a Nintendo Direct before E3 or is it pretty much just E3 ahoy?
If I had to guess...I could see one happening this month. Something to reveal a few mid-level things to get people hyped up for E3.

D

Deleted member

>wake up to Trump launching missiles
The #1 reason why I didn't want Hillary in office is because she was going to do the exact same thing. That being attacking the Syrian Gov, which people said was a stupid idea as it would build tension with Russia. Trump himself during the election constantly said that it'd be a bad idea to attack Syria.

Yet, and yet he just launched FIFTY tomahawk missiles at a Syrian airbase. And not only that, but because of a report that may not even be true, as of now their hasn't been any confirmation that Syria fired any chemical weapons.

The whole thing just screams incompetence. He just lost all of my respect already.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Sounds like standard fare Trump then

I mean, regardless of the president being democrat or republican, we just seem to love getting our hands in the middle east when we REALLY don't need to. Yet another possible war and if it does happen, no good to come out of it, yet again.

Damn, this really is the era of reboots and remakes.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I mean, regardless of the president being democrat or republican, we just seem to love getting our hands in the middle east when we REALLY don't need to. Yet another possible war and if it does happen, no good to come out of it, yet again.

Damn, this really is the era of reboots and remakes.
But the Oil Alucard! Think about the Oil! And the WMDs! And the people Trump won't let in! And maybe there's Chemical Weapons too!

D

Deleted member

tbh the first thing I saw about this **** is a tweet from 2013 being against this **** from the moron. It's as if he's TRYING to contradict all of his tweets now that he's the pres
Nevermind tweets from 2013, he made those promises in the election itself, but yes, he has been breaking his promises.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And not only that, but because of a report that may not even be true, as of now their hasn't been any confirmation that Syria fired any chemical weapons.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/06/postmortems-confirm-syria-chemical-attack-turkey-says
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/05/middleeast/idlib-syria-attack/
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/syria-c...opsies-turkey-says-trump-blames-assad-russia/

I don't know why we're doubting the chemical weapons.

They happened.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom