• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
SGDQ 2017 games list is now up.

https://gamesdonequick.com/submission/games-list

Notable games include:
- A lot of Castlevania
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Chrono Trigger
- Dark Souls 3
- Dishonored 2
- DOOM 2016
- Earthbound
- FFVII
- Halo CE
- KH2: Final Mix
- A lot of Mega Man
- Metroid Prime
- Metroid Fusion
- Nier Automata
- Okami
- Heartgold/Soulsilver
- Portal
- Sonic Colours
- Sonic Generations
- Lots of Mario
- Super Monkey Ball
- Lots of Zelda (No BotW yet, that's a bonus)
- Titanfall 2
- Ys Origin

You forgot the most important one, SUPERHOT

(Seriously that was the one that got me the most hype)

Chrono.

Question for those who play Fire Emblem Heroes, since I thought it could be fun to ask.

How many heroes with summoning cutscenes have you summoned? These include Marth, Young Tiki, Roy, Lyn, Lucina, Robin, Camilla, and Takumi.

Figured I'd ask since I summoned Camilla today while going for Frederick. :p So I have her, Marth, and Robin.
Roy (my very first pull in the game) and Camilla have been my only ones.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I love how 3-Star Robin is by far the most common answer.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
5 Star Camilla
4 star marth
two 3 star Robin

. . .still dont have the 2 I care most for, Ry and Lyn
although I may quit anyway if Orbs of the day are permanently gone
So that wasn't just me? I thought it was a result of switching devices. I'm simultaneously relieved and worried that that wasn't the case.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Man its a shame to hear that, R.I.P. Don Rickles.

Now for something else.

Today's Pokemon anime episode is also pretty sad:
Stountland dies leaving litten by itself, who Ash then offers to join him and it accepts.
DUDE

This is the first (not counting movies) Pokémon death in the series, right?

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Question for those who play Fire Emblem Heroes, since I thought it could be fun to ask.

How many heroes with summoning cutscenes have you summoned? These include Marth, Young Tiki, Roy, Lyn, Lucina, Robin, Camilla, and Takumi.

Figured I'd ask since I summoned Camilla today while going for Frederick. :p So I have her, Marth, and Robin.
Roy and Robin for me.

I'm surprised that characters like Corrin or Chrom don't have summoning cutscenes.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

Welcome to the NintenZone Social thread v.5.0! Given this is a social, pretty much anything goes so long as it does not violate any of SWF's Global Rules. Ex. Double Posting (please use the edit button), Media-only posts (count as spam), flaming, censor dodging and inappropriate content, advertising, etc.

Please report and ignore any posts you think are problematic. If you have questions, feel free to tag or PM a Staff member. Though if you wish to contest a Staff ruling or site policy, please PM the given Staff member or make a thread in the Forum Support boards; lets not try to keep the thread positive and on-topic.

Given what we have said above, Leak/Rumor discussion is naturally allowed, but we do ask you not to create any rumors/leaks directly on SWF nor to make a new thread for the given rumor/leak or rumors/leaks in general without consulting a Staff Member.

Gaming as a whole can be found in the Light House boards, and Mario/Zelda/Pokemon discussion threads belong in their respective sub-forums, though they're not off limits here.

Thread rules:
1. Large images (Images that stretch a normal text post) must be put into spoiler tags.

2. In order to keep discussion going, and to prevent 'meme-posting', we are limiting the number of videos per page. Please limit 5 videos per page.

3. Images, videos, etc must be relevant to the topic at hand, or be a new topic that the user wants to introduce. Posts that are made solely for "like-farming" are not permitted.

4. Listen to the mods. If a moderator tells you to stop, then stop. If you have an issue with what that moderator's decision, please PM that moderator. If you do not feel comfortable addressing that moderator directly, please bring the issue to Forum Support. Do not continue fighting in the thread. They will hand out infractions.

5. You must respect one another. You can disagree with their logic, but personal attacks are not tolerated. A minor trolling infraction will be given to first time offenders. Repeat offenders will be given additional infraction points.

6. Your post must be substantial. "Happy birthday" posts must have something related to the topic on hand. You may always post a 'happy birthday' message on the user's page, or through PM, without reservations.

7. No censor dodging! Posts that contain profanity that is not fully censored by the user themselves are considered censor dodging. Images containing swear words are not allowed and will be removed. Note, as well, that putting this type of content behind a spoiler tag does not make it okay. It is still considered an offense.

Any questions regarding these rules may be asked to any of the moderators in charge:
@PushDustIn
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth

You can also talk to me if you want, and I'll relay to one of these guys. :p
This was a bad idea tbh

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Roy and Robin for me.

I'm surprised that characters like Corrin or Chrom don't have summoning cutscenes.
Funnily enough, Corrin is the only playable-in-Smash Fire Emblem character in Heroes to not have a summoning cutscene. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh well this could be inter-
*15 minutes*

lol nvm.

Ludo is obviously the true king.
Why do you say that? That said, ludo's family I feel is also connected to this in a way somehow.
DUDE

Yes I believe it is.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Why do you say that? That said, ludo's family I feel is also connected to this in a way somehow.

Yes I believe it is.
Just saw the scene.

**** is like The Undertaker retiring again; drill shaped onions ravaging my eyes, ****.

D

Deleted member

Z25 Z25
>Channel Frederator
Oh boy, here we ****ing go again
Uh, that wasn't so bad, infact, it was actually quite good
If I had to pick one of the two, I'd say the "original king of the monsters" theory makes more sense

Though I have another to link the two: Toffee was the king before the Mewnians invaded and he was related to Eclipsa, but he isn't his son, he is the monster she fell in love with. It would explain his knowledge of the spells and the ancient fort.
The monster in the painting can be simply written off that they didn't know how he looked so the painter gave him a terrifying appearence due to the Mewnians dehumanization of monsters and wanting to portray Eclipsa as evil

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
R.I.P Don Rickles.

In more lighthearted news... here's a screenshot of an extremely early Zelda 1 build.

Apparently there was no overworld and this was the dungeon select screen. Pretty interesting to see how that changed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
R.I.P Don Rickles.

In more lighthearted news... here's a screenshot of an extremely early Zelda 1 build.

Apparently there was no overworld and this was the dungeon select screen. Pretty interesting to see how that changed.
As I said some time earlier, I saw someone build a 3D Zelda II game. It was a very short and simple one, and had mechanics from Zelda I as well. I did hear the LPer say the controls were hard to use, though. But the design was pretty well done. All enemies weren't just in 3D, but had proper effects, like exploding armor, the Gel-type creatures having pieces of slime, etc.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Erureido Erureido Do we know who the new puzzle creater for Lady Layton is?
Yep. Yuniaki Iwanami is the new puzzle creator.

Four for me: Marth, Robin, Young Tiki, Roy

Still waiting until I unlock that awesome Takumi cutscene.

DUDE

Pretty much. It's the first on-screen Pokemon death in the series.

There were other Pokemon deaths in the show, but they were more implied and not shown first-hand (namely Hunter J, her crew, and all the Pokemon on board her ship when the Lake Guardians' Future Sight attack destroyed her ship, and Lysandre getting obliterated by Zygarde's Core Enforcer which probably did the same to his Pokemon in his Pokeballs)

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yep. Yuniaki Iwanami is the new puzzle creator.

Four for me: Marth, Robin, Young Tiki, Roy

Still waiting until I unlock that awesome Takumi cutscene.

Pretty much. It's the first on-screen Pokemon death in the series.

There were other Pokemon deaths in the show, but they were more implied and not shown first-hand (namely Hunter J, her crew, and all the Pokemon on board her ship gLake Guardians' Future Sight attack destroyed it, and Lysandre getting obliterated by Zygarde's Core Enforcer which probably did the same to his Pokemon in his Pokeballs)

>100% Zygarde indirectly killing Pokémon; including a Shiny
That's an advanced level of brutal.

Poor Lysandre got blasted so hard by Core Enforcer that he became a Salsa Verde Dorito.

**** Hunter J tho.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25
>Channel Frederator
Oh boy, here we ****ing go again
Uh, that wasn't so bad, infact, it was actually quite good
If I had to pick one of the two, I'd say the "original king of the monsters" theory makes more sense

Though I have another to link the two: Toffee was the king before the Mewnians invaded and he was related to Eclipsa, but he isn't his son, he is the monster she fell in love with. It would explain his knowledge of the spells and the ancient fort.
The monster in the painting can be simply written off that they didn't know how he looked so the painter gave him a terrifying appearence due to the Mewnians dehumanization of monsters and wanting to portray Eclipsa as evil
I think the theory makes a lot of sense. Especially your idea in the portrait. Eclipse could have been a vistor to the land before mewians took over and met him. She never really told people about it until it was discovered later on when the rest of them decided to invade.

Its interesting regardless and something I could see expanded.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
>100% Zygarde indirectly killing Pokémon; including a Shiny
That's an advanced level of brutal.

Poor Lysandre got blasted so hard by Core Enforcer that he became a Salsa Verde Dorito.

**** Hunter J tho.
Hunter J definitely had it coming, especially when she was one of the few people in the series that actually attempted to murder a human. She tried to kill Ash on 3 different occasions in that two-part Riolu episode.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah here's some sadness from the anime episode today:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I got my Switch in the mail today. Finally getting around to opening and examining it.

Let's see, that is. . .definitely a different serial number, LOL. Not that I can blame them for just up and replacing it with the type of issues it had.

Sit it down on a flat surface. . .looks straight to me!

Screen scratches. . .maybe? *breathes on it and wipes it off with my shirt* No, screen is perfect.

Now for the moment of truth: Turn it on in handheld mode.

*chorus rings out from heaven*

We have a screen that turns on when I first boot up the system, ladies and gentlemen!

Headphones. . .

. . .:/

Still not sure what's going wrong here.

Hang on, I got a half-broken set of headphones over here, maybe it's just a bad set I'm using.

. . .

Huh. That actually works out of the ear it's still got going. Guess the problem was in the pair of headphones I was using after all.

Well, first four digits of the serial number are still XAW1, but it looks like it's working well so far.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Who plays puzzle games for the plot?
That awkward moment when you know a certain fandom of a certain puzzle game franchise starring a certain puzzle solving professor in a top hat who generally find you more of an oddball if you actually say that you play said series more for the puzzles rather than the plot.... :lol:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh yeah here's some sadness from the anime episode today:
That's...

actually really close to what happens with real life animals...

Dogs tend to leave the pack when they're ready to die. They go and find a place where they can die alone so they don't trouble the rest of the pack.

Dogs and cats also mourn by becoming lethargic.

That was really sad.

D

Deleted member

Holy **** I'm finally off Flying Sully's Wild Air Ride, thank god for based Effie with her Beast Killer
Lol @ Hinoka thinking she only needs to cover her Bow weakness.

I haven't married anyone yet in this plahthrough, and while I have Jakob and Corrin ready for an S-Support, I'm not planning on marrying the two
And the worst part is that Benny and Effie have been stuck on A Rank for sometime, not that it matters now because lol Ignatius's paralogue post-C20 lol

Now to enter Lobster Lord's Ninja Funhouse of Plot Contrivances. The Ninja are reeeeealy rapey

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
That's...

actually really close to what happens with real life animals...

Dogs tend to leave the pack when they're ready to die. They go and find a place where they can die alone so they don't trouble the rest of the pack.

Dogs and cats also mourn by becoming lethargic.

That was really sad.

Remember when people thought Sun & Moon was going to be a dumb silly-happy-happy comedy with no seriousness?

And now they just pulled one of the saddest episodes in the whole series.

Bravo writers for the amount of development and detail of this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom