• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Took me a little while, but I finally updated my Plague Knight moveset! Please let me know what you folks think; I love comments!

Plague Knight Explodes Into Action!

Scientific Stats

Size: 6

Weight: 3

Ground Speed: 4

Jump: 4

Air Speed: 10

Fall Speed: 4

Traction: 2

Plague Knight makes heavy use of specially prepared explosives. Each of these explosives contains a unique Powder, which determines the type of explosion they cause. Unless a bomb contains Black Powder, only one of each type can be on stage. Attempting to create a new bomb of the same type will instantly detonate the current bomb. This Remote Fuse can help Plague Knight precisely hit particularly evasive foes.

Specials: Prime Your Potions!

Neutral Special – Black Powder

With very little startup, Plague Knight tosses forward a small glass bomb. This bomb bounces twice before exploding. The bomb will also detonate on contact with an enemy. Up to three bombs can exist at once, and tapping B repeatedly allows Plague Knight to throw all three as rapidly as possible. On the ground, the bomb is thrown at a low arc, hitting the ground roughly a Bowser length ahead of Plague Knight. However; using this move in midair causes Plague Knight to throw the bomb down at a 45 degree angle, and at double the speed of the ground throw. This throw also lightly pushes Plague Knight upwards. This Black Powder bomb deals 6% and very little knockback. The Black Powder bomb is Plague Knight's main method of offense, being very quick and reliable.

Side Special – Fleet Flask

Plague Knight pulls out a fiery orange potion and quickly downs it. He immediately breaks into a frenzied run, crossing the stage at double his normal dash speed. Running into a foe deals 4% to the foe and trips them. Plague Knight bounces off of them, ending his mad dash. The Fleet Flask dash can be canceled by attempting to turn around. This move is intended to help the somewhat slow Plague Knight escape from aggressive foes.

Up Special – Bomb Burst

Once this move is input, there is a very short window in which its trajectory can be set. Once this window ends, one of Plague Knight's bombs explodes in his satchel, launching him a good distance in the chosen direction at Sonic's dash speed. The explosion is rather small, but deals 7% and KO's at 185%. More importantly, this move can be used up to twice in the air. Much like Bayonetta's Witch Twist, the Bomb Burst does not consume Plague Knight's double jump. Thus, the optimal recovery is Burst-Jump-Burst. After the second use, this move simply cannot be used again until Plague Knight lands. This move does NOT put Plague Knight into helpless, and he can use any of his aerials or other Specials immediately after being launched. This move makes Plague Knight the master of aerial movement, but care must be taken to not launch yourself off the screen.

Down Special – Leech Liquid

Plague Knight's HUD boasts a small, green Magic Gauge. This gauge starts off full at the beginning of each stock, and is specifically used for this move. Once the move is used, Plague Knight immediately downs a blood-red potion. This causes a sinister red aura to surround him for 7 seconds. While this aura is active, all of Plague Knight's attacks deal half their normal damage.. However, every attack he lands will heal him for the damage dealt. Leech Liquid is designed to aid the somewhat fragile Plague Knight's survival. Once it is used, his Magic Gauge depletes. In fact, it slowly depletes as the Leech Liquid is in effect; this way, everyone can see how long the effect will last. To replenish the Gauge, Plague Knight must damage his foes. Once he has dealt 75%, his Magic Gauge refills completely.

Standards: Bombs Away!

Jab: Plague Knight quickly swipes with his Staff of Striking, dealing 2% and very little knockback. This move has limited range. However, the incredibly quick startup and endlag allow Plague Knight to very quickly repeat the Jab. Great for damage racking in a pinch.

Dash Attack: With nearly no startup, one of Plague Knight's bombs explodes in his satchel. The bomb imbues him with a purple aura and sends him somersaulting through the air in a very low arc. Plague Knight is completely invulnerable while the aura surrounds him, but it wears off once he travels two Bowser lengths. If used with plenty of space, this move launches him three Bowser lengths. Much like his Up Special, this move does not send Plague Knight into helpless if he launches himself off stage. He can act out of this move as soon as the aura wears off and he stops somersaulting. If Plague Knight hits a foe while covered in the aura, he deals 7% and no knockback. He simply phases through the victim, allowing him to hit multiple targets.

F-tilt: Plague Knight tosses forward a Black Powder bomb inside a Whirl Casing. This casing causes the bomb to fly straight forwards a Bowser length before boomeranging back to Plague Knight. This bomb deals identical damage and knockback to the Standard Special.

U-tilt: Plague Knight unleashes a Sparkler Powder bomb in a Float Casing. These Sparkler Powder Bombs do not explode, instead emanating damaging sparks every half second. These sparks deal 5% and temporarily stun their victim. The Float Casing causes this bomb to rise up at an angle until it exits the screen. Unlike other bombs, these simply poof out of existence when the Remote Fuse is used.

D-tilt: Plague Knight quickly detonates a Tracer Powder bomb. This causes two green, Pokéball-sized fireballs to shoot across the stage on either side of him. These fireballs traverse the entire stage, much like a Hothead. They dissipate after 2 seconds. Should a fireball hit a foe, they suffer 6% and knockback comparable to one of Dr. Mario's Megavitamins. The Remote Fuse simply causes these fireballs to vanish.

Smashes: For Science!

F-Smash: Plague Knight rummages about in his satchel during the charge. Once it's released, he lobs forward the Big Boom, a massive bomb. This bomb explodes in midair, creating a large plus-shaped explosion. The Big Boom deals a frightening 15% and KO's as early as 165%. However, it suffers from some unfortunate startup lag, is fairly easy to see coming, and the explosion can damage Plague Knight if he's not careful. Charging this Smash merely changes the angle it is thrown at.

U-Smash: While charging, Plague Knight pours bright yellow Cluster Powder into a glass beaker. Once the charge is released, he lobs the newly finished bomb at a high arc. Once this bomb hits a foe or solid surface, it erupts into a series of small explosions, covering an area the size of Kirby. Each explosion deals 3%, with the final explosion launching the victim away with knockback that KO's at 175%. Charging this Smash causes more explosions once the bomb is detonated. At minimum charge, 4 explosions occur, and 8 occur at maximum charge.

D-Smash: While charging, Plague Knight plucks bright pink Component Powder Bombs from his satchel. Once the charge is released, he quickly tosses the bombs to the ground in front of him. Charging this move changes its behavior. At minimum charge, Plague Knight only has time to find one bomb. This creates a bright pink explosion roughly twice the size of a Pokéball. This explosion deals 6% and very light knockback. At roughly half charge, Plague Knight throws down two bombs. This creates a pink explosion the size of Electrode. This explosion deals 12% and knockback that KO's at 185%. Finally, maximum charge has Plague Knight toss down three bombs. This causes a massive chemical explosion the size of Bowser. This explosion deals 20% and KO's at 165%. This move has a bit of startup lag, making it somewhat difficult to kill with.

Aerials: Aerial Alchemist

N-Air: Plague Knight quickly tosses a Black Powder bomb in an Orbit Casing. This causes the bomb to orbit his body until it hits a foe or the ground. This bomb deals identical damage and knockback to the Standard Special. By mashing A, Plague Knight can have up to three of these orbiting him.

F-air: A special bomb bursts in Plague Knight's satchel, launching him very slightly backwards and firing a small projectile straight forwards. This projectile has infinite range and deals 4% and negligible knockback.

B-air: Plague Knight swings his satchel behind him. Should he hit a foe, a small explosion occurs, dealing 8% and knockback that KO's at 185%. This explosion also propels Plague Knight forwards a short distance.

U-air: Plague Knight performs a rising thrust with his Staff of Surging. This takes him upwards his own height. This move can only be used once in the air. Should he hit a foe, they suffer 5% and vertical knockback that can KO as early as 180%.

D-air: Plague Knight quickly conjures a massive beaker beneath him. He then rides it as it plummets to the ground, where the bubbling chemicals within it detonate. This explosion covers an area the size of Electrode, deals 10%, and KO's at 170%. Do note: it is very possible to self-destruct with this move.

Grab: Plague Knight awkwardly grasps forward in a very short-ranged grab. Decently quick.

Pummel: Plague Knight smashes a random potion in his opponent's face. This deals 4%, and is reasonably fast.

F-throw: Plague Knight quickly downs Berserker Brew, a deep blue potion. Emboldened by the potion, he then proceeds to wallop the foe repeatedly with his staff, dealing 9%. This throw does very little knockback.

B-throw: Plague Knight suddenly vanishes in a chemical explosion before reappearing behind his foe. He then bashes them over the head with his satchel, dealing 7% and leaving them prone.

U-throw: Plague Knight uppercuts the foe with his Staff of Surging. This deals 8% and vertical knockback that can KO at 185%. This throw leaves Plague Knight airborne.

D-throw: Plague Knight roughly drops the foe before casually dropping a Black Powder bomb on them. This deals the same damage and knockback as the Standard Special. This throw can be used even if there are three Black Powder bombs on stage.

Final Smash: The Ultimate Potion

Plague Knight holds aloft the Smash Ball as glowing balls of energy fly out of each opponent. These energy balls quickly merge with the Smash Ball and morph into a rainbow potion in a massive, ornate bottle. This bottle hovers above Plague Knight for a moment before he tosses a bomb at it. This causes the Ultimate Potion to erupt into an absolutely massive explosion, big enough to cover 3/4 of Final Destination. This explosion deals 50% and KO's at 160%.

Extras: Hee Hee Hee!

Up Taunt: Plague Knight dramatically pulls a straw from his satchel and plunges it into the potion he carries. He takes a sip, then stows the straw away.

Side Taunt: Plague Knight jumps up and down, pumping his fists with glee.

Down Taunt: Plague Knight slowly waltzes about the stage, wandering back and forth. This taunt is endless, and can be canceled at any time.
Bumping for a new day! Any comments are appreciated!

D

Deleted member

I don't want to know what you do in your free time with Alucard
We talk about important stuff
Screenshot_2017-04-05-16-36-23-1.png

Because I'm surprised people still think white "chocolate" is actually chocolate
Wait if you're trash and therefore like everything that's trash, then I have evidence KR isn't trash against Shishi! Thanks Opopo!
Well, he doesn't like EO either, what about that?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Oh wait I forgot MK8DX has portability, not just battle maps. Probably worth it if I sell MK8

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Tbh Toei execs are as dense as Abridged Goku lol.

Instead of freaking putting dumb copyright claims they should move their butts and work on Sailor Moon Crystal Season 4 and Saintia Sho.
/mad

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Tbh Toei execs are as dense as Abridged Goku lol.

Instead of freaking putting dumb copyright claims they should move their butts and work on Sailor Moon Crystal Season 4 and Saintia Sho.
/mad
This is YouTube, not Toei. The entire series is still on Team Four Star's website and they haven't been C&D.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
How to act like a fool; nap at 5 PM in the afternoon, don't wake up until around 10:30 PM, procrastinate on homework for a grand total of 7-8 hours by watching YouTube videos, and then do it 2-3 hours before its due without getting any sleep outside of that nap. Also, make sure to accidentally fall asleep for about an hour, causing you to miss 30 minutes of your first class to make yourself even more of a fool.

To be specific, that's what I did today... and I have now learned to NEVER do that again in the future as it truly is a terrible idea. I'm still feeling a bit woozy from the fact I barely got any sleep (including right now). Regardless, lesson learned... the professor did have to mark me down as tardy (which I completely understand), but I only missed a 30 minute lecture that was not as important as the workshop I was present for. The professor wasn't actually that mad either (if at all) and I reassured them that this would be a one time thing and would not happen again. And yes... I am going to start going to sleep much earlier now as to prevent this from becoming a trend.

I really need to work on that procrastination thing as I keep promising I would do...

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This is YouTube, not Toei. The entire series is still on Team Four Star's website and they haven't been C&D.
Toei filled the claim anyway.

Funimation is the cool dude here apparently.

D

Deleted member

I think Japan just went mad with copyright issues over the night because yesterday ALL of the MHA OP2 videos were taken down.
AHA! But Opopo was REALLY curious about EO and wanted to know more about it iirc. He really does want to enjoy Ever Oasis
I already know Ever Oasis sucks
I don't need Opo to confirm that to me

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I bet a certain someone would be happy to know that Leon, errrr Squall had won. He's the main dude, it's kind o expected. Rinoa and Zell did decently as well. That face tatoo.

Next will be the rest of the permanent FF VIII party members and some temporary ones. Your choices are Selphie, Laguna, Kiros, and Irvine. I can guarantee you that Ultimecia and Seifer are next.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Gunblades FTW

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

This is actually a huge improvement.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm going to say it right now, AM2R is one of the best Metroid game I ever played.
And it's a freaking fangame!
God bless you DoctorM64, you are the true hero of the Metroid community.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Why the **** is there an AUTOPLAY Twitch video in an advertisment box on the front page of SmashBoards??!!

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Japan entretainment companies simply doesn't get along with the internet; that's why DBZA got taken down for like the 4th time, Atlus went full lockdown on Persona 5, Nintendo having brainfarts regarding YT playthroughs and fangames every six months, etc. They are dense regarding fan works and doesn't get parodies are protected.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I just wanted to say thank you to redfeatherraven redfeatherraven for suggesting I upgrade my Stamina meter a bit.

That came in super handy when climbing the tower in Central Hyrule. The base meter would not have been fast enough.

This is actually a huge improvement.
Wow. That's a huge jump in quality. These are long term things right? Not something coming out soon?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just wanted to say thank you to redfeatherraven redfeatherraven for suggesting I upgrade my Stamina meter a bit.

That came in super handy when climbing the tower in Central Hyrule. The base meter would not have been fast enough.

Wow. That's a huge jump in quality. These are long term things right? Not something coming out soon?
I'm not actually sure.

I bet a certain someone would be happy to know that Leon, errrr Squall had won. He's the main dude, it's kind o expected. Rinoa and Zell did decently as well. That face tatoo.

Next will be the rest of the permanent FF VIII party members and some temporary ones. Your choices are Selphie, Laguna, Kiros, and Irvine. I can guarantee you that Ultimecia and Seifer are next.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Gunblades FTW
*Man with a machine gun joke goes here*

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm not actually sure.
Ah, alright. I recall seeing something about a roadmap, didn't check to see what exactly was planned.

Anyways, I think it's great that they're taking the time to fix up the shortcomings. Yeah, sure, it would have been better had these issues been ironed out before release, but it's still better than ignoring them completely.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Pleasure to be of assistance.

Let me know when you get to Death Mountain, I'll tell you how to find the airship.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I just don't understand why Puyo Puyo Tetris is getting sharing restrictions.

Who plays puzzle games for the plot?
The Professor Layton series are a particular set of puzzle games that I play much more for the plot than the puzzles (though I do enjoy them as well).

All the Layton games are well-known for their excellent storytelling and clever plot twists in a mystery-style plot. There's a great cast of characters in each game (one of which is particularly my favorite fictional villain of all time), and the endings in 5 out of 6 with are quite the tear-jerkers.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The Professor Layton series are a particular set of puzzle games that I play much more for the plot than the puzzles (though I do enjoy them as well).

All the Layton games are well-known for their excellent storytelling and clever plot twists in a mystery-style plot. There's a great cast of characters in each game (one of which is particularly my favorite fictional villain of all time), and the endings in 5 out of 6 with are quite the tear-jerkers.
Dont forget characters like....Bill Hawks

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I may have been too vague.

Layton I can totally understand. Both its story AND puzzles are the selling points.

Falling block games like Puyo Puyo & Tetris (where story isn't their strongest point) I don't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom