• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Virginia Beaches weather is wtf. We go from windy and cloudy, to tornado warning, then a downpour and finally ends with a blue sky.

Virginia Beach..
I meant generally.

Yeah, I know there are a few despicable characters here and there like Bill Hawks and Chief Jakes.
No I mean PL has its fair share of characters that you just wanna slapnthe crap out of lol Bill being the one all the fandom hates the most

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Pleasure to be of assistance.

Let me know when you get to Death Mountain, I'll tell you how to find the airship.
I'm sorta already there. So far all I've been doing is climbing towers and hitting shrines. Just finished up the Akkala tower; that was a ***** to figure out, and all the rain didn't help either. I could warp over to Death Mountain right now, although there's a giant mecha Salamander there. I don't know if I should **** with it.

Also, going back to the rain, god damn it rains a ton in Hyrule. It wouldn't be too big of an issue if it made climbing everything nearly impossible. There's stuff I want/have to do, and I'm basically forced to just sit there and wait till it's over. Elder Scroll games have a wait function for a reason.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I may have been too vague.

Layton I can totally understand. Both its story AND puzzles are the selling points.

Falling block games like Puyo Puyo & Tetris (where story isn't their strongest point) I don't.
In that case, I'm in the same boat when it comes to the other puzzle games. I don't play Puyo Puyo, but I do play Tetris every now and then, and perhaps some Brain Age as well, and I care far more about the gameplay in both.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
SGDQ 2017 games list is now up.

https://gamesdonequick.com/submission/games-list

Notable games include:
- A lot of Castlevania
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Chrono Trigger
- Dark Souls 3
- Dishonored 2
- DOOM 2016
- Earthbound
- FFVII
- Halo CE
- KH2: Final Mix
- A lot of Mega Man
- Metroid Prime
- Metroid Fusion
- Nier Automata
- Okami
- Heartgold/Soulsilver
- Portal
- Sonic Colours
- Sonic Generations
- Lots of Mario
- Super Monkey Ball
- Lots of Zelda (No BotW yet, that's a bonus)
- Titanfall 2
- Ys Origin

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm sorta already there. So far all I've been doing is climbing towers and hitting shrines. Just finished up the Akkala tower; that was a ***** to figure out, and all the rain didn't help either. I could warp over to Death Mountain right now, although there's a giant mecha Salamander there. I don't know if I should **** with it.
All the Divine Beasts are kind of *******. Don't fear em.

Anyway, since you're in the neighborhood, here's where you get it.

Spoiler'd, for when you're ready.

Sure you're ready, then?
Absolutely? Maybe you wanna try figuring it out first?
Final call. It's really in the next one, promise.
Aight.

{/spoiler]
{/spoiler]
{/spoiler]
{/spoiler]

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Don Rickles was always one of those older celebrities I've always liked, like with Bob Newhart, Betty White, and Stan Lee. Incredibly sad to see him go, but at least he lived to his nineties. Rest in peace.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Notable games include:
- A lot of Castlevania
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Chrono Trigger
- Dark Souls 3
- Dishonored 2
- DOOM 2016
- Earthbound
- FFVII
- Halo CE
- A lot of Mega Man
- Metroid Prime
- Metroid Fusion
- Nier Automata
- Okami
- Heartgold/Soulsilver
- Portal
- Sonic Colours
- Sonic Generations
- Lots of Mario
- Super Monkey Ball
- Titanfall 2
- Ys Origin

All the Zelda and Okami make me so happy

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Notable games include:
- A lot of Castlevania
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Chrono Trigger
- Dark Souls 3
- Dishonored 2
- DOOM 2016
- Earthbound
- FFVII
- Halo CE
- A lot of Mega Man
- Metroid Prime
- Metroid Fusion
- Nier Automata
- Okami
- Heartgold/Soulsilver
- Portal
- Sonic Colours
- Sonic Generations
- Lots of Mario
- Super Monkey Ball
- Titanfall 2
- Ys Origin

I don't expect to see BotW for at least until next January for AGDQ...

Because spoilers and because its still developing amoung speedrunners...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I bet a certain someone would be happy to know that Leon, errrr Squall had won. He's the main dude, it's kind o expected. Rinoa and Zell did decently as well. That face tatoo.

Next will be the rest of the permanent FF VIII party members and some temporary ones. Your choices are Selphie, Laguna, Kiros, and Irvine. I can guarantee you that Ultimecia and Seifer are next.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Gunblades FTW
Irvine was always my favorite among those 4. Easy vote for me. Also voted Squall earlier. Great character~ Not that I don't like the entire main cast as is. Honestly one of my favorite games.

------------

As for MK8 deluxe, probably will pick it up eventually when I get a Switch. I didn't buy any of MK8's DLC just yet, and it seems it was a good move in the end. I'm lazy about DLC purchases outside of SSB itself, so...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Rip in Mr. Potato Head

Notable games include:
- A lot of Castlevania
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Chrono Trigger
- Dark Souls 3
- Dishonored 2
- DOOM 2016
- Earthbound
- FFVII
- Halo CE
- A lot of Mega Man
- Metroid Prime
- Metroid Fusion
- Nier Automata
- Okami
- Heartgold/Soulsilver
- Portal
- Sonic Colours
- Sonic Generations
- Lots of Mario
- Super Monkey Ball
- Titanfall 2
- Ys Origin

Is this a group charity thing? I might stream a few of these games like Halo CE, Titanfall 2, Banjo or Doom 2016

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Don Rickles passing away does raise an interesting question.

Do you think they will find a new voice actor for Mr. Potato Head, or will they find a way to tastefully exclude Mr. Potato Head from the film, while still giving him a send off/tribute of sorts?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Do you think they will find a new voice actor for Mr. Potato Head, or will they find a way to tastefully exclude Mr. Potato Head from the film, while still giving him a send off/tribute of sorts?
I'm betting the former.

They didn't seem to have any problem getting a new voice actor for Slinky Dog after Jim Varney passed away.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They'll just make him lose his mouth permanently

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

It could go one of two ways.

Depending on how much foresight Disney had, they could have had Don record his lines early. The script is done, I think. There's precedence for this, too, with Stan Lee filming his cameos in bulk likely due to his age.

Alternatively, or if he had only completed some of his lines, they could use a mix of Rickles and a replacement VA, like what happened with Laverne in The Hunchback of Notre Dame. While there's precedent for both removal and replacement (Wheezy was removed while Slinky was replaced), Mr. Potato Head is too important to cut completely, so I don't think he'd be written out.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Depending on how much foresight Disney had, they could have had Don record his lines early. The script is done, I think. There's precedence for this, too, with Stan Lee filming his cameos in bulk likely due to his age.

Alternatively, or if he had only completed some of his lines, they could use a mix of Rickles and a replacement VA, like what happened with Laverne in The Hunchback of Notre Dame. While there's precedent for both removal and replacement (Wheezy was removed while Slinky was replaced), Mr. Potato Head is too important to cut completely, so I don't think he'd be written out.
Atus had this because Igor VA died so what they did was get the new va to do his lines bit then after a climactic part of P5, the reused Igors old lines

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
(Reads Title)

I just want people to know that despite my frequent use of MLP avatars, I always admired Toy Story as a kid, especially Mr Potato Head, Don Rickles' character in the three movies so far. I don't think I've ever seen anything else featuring him, but still this news is pretty sad.

Pixar undoubtedly will miss him.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man its a shame to hear that, R.I.P. Don Rickles.

Now for something else.

Today's Pokemon anime episode is also pretty sad:
Stountland dies leaving litten by itself, who Ash then offers to join him and it accepts.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man its a shame to hear that, R.I.P. Don Rickles.

Now for something else.

Today's Pokemon anime episode is also pretty sad:
Stountland dies leaving litten by itself, who Ash then offers to join him and it accepts.
Dammit, I called that happening and it's still sad. :(

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I don't mean in a way that abruptly cuts him.

It's not the best comparison, but when Chef's VA for South Park passed away, they wrote a little story to kill the actual character off and explain his absence from the series going forward.

That was obviously handled in a more morbid way because that's what South Park is like, but they could probably do something similar here, maybe at the end of the film. Maybe have it that somehow, Mr. Potato Head ends up with a different owner, maybe a kid that really likes him. If they wanted to be real cool about it, maybe they could model a human character after Don Rickles and have Mr. Potato Head end up in his possession, explaining his absence in future Toy Story films if they decide to make any.

Also what @Shishœ suggested was pretty effective too. :p

Of course I could be over-thinking this, but I think this could add an extra layer of meaning to the film if they do something like this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Question for those who play Fire Emblem Heroes, since I thought it could be fun to ask.

How many heroes with summoning cutscenes have you summoned? These include Marth, Young Tiki, Roy, Lyn, Lucina, Robin, Camilla, and Takumi.

Figured I'd ask since I summoned Camilla today while going for Frederick. :p So I have her, Marth, and Robin.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Question for those who play Fire Emblem Heroes, since I thought it could be fun to ask.

How many heroes with summoning cutscenes have you summoned? These include Marth, Young Tiki, Roy, Lyn, Lucina, Robin, Camilla, and Takumi.

Figured I'd ask since I summoned Camilla today while going for Frederick. :p So I have her, Marth, and Robin.
Young Tiki (first 5-Star I ever got), and 3-Star Robin like, 3 times.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I have Robin, Camilla and Lyn.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
R.I.P. Potato Head

Your wife will miss you very much.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Just Marth and he wasnt even who I wanted

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Lucina, Erika, Young Tiki, Marth, Camilla, Robin and Takumi

5 Star Camilla
4 star marth
two 3 star Robin

. . .still dont have the 2 I care most for, Ry and Lyn
although I may quit anyway if Orbs of the day are permanently gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom