• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I think we all want to know when certain fighting games will get more info or will get revealed; I can relate. :p

By the way, there's something you should know, Akxareth. Want to know what that is? :)
Sure, what's going on?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Sure, what's going on?
I just granted you your 12,000th post! Congratulations on making it this far with your post count! Even if its somewhat close to 15000, I still think its signficant! :b:

But uh... now that I've basically said what I wanted to say, this is where I should actually think of something to bring up.

How's your day been? Excited for E3 and what awaits? :p

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
tbh the Cave Story Switch version isn't going to be an option for me as Nicalis is ****ing awful and has taken YEARS to bring a game to Europe and then insult people for not being happy there's a ****ing 2 year gap between the US and EU releases of a 3DS Cave Story. Then there's the kickstarter scam they did and how it took over 4 years for 1001 spikes to release or something and blaming their incompetence on the system

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
These would be some examples of some the kind of pics I got as a result, pretty flamboyant.

He's a white Peacock though with some red feathers.(Unlike IRL white peacocks which are albino.) I love the coloring of normal peacocks though.
Nice. Albeit... too human looking. The animal people look like animals that walk upright and talk. :p

D

Deleted member

Nice. Albeit... too human looking. The animal people look like animals that walk upright and talk. :p
I know, I just like to show off Bishonen. :p Plus like I said, it's human art of Lord Shen from Kung Fu Panda 2, who's already an anthropomorphic peacock. :p

Chrono.

I just granted you your 12,000th post! Congratulations on making it this far with your post count! Even if its somewhat close to 15000, I still think its signficant! :b:

But uh... now that I've basically said what I wanted to say, this is where I should actually think of something to bring up.

How's your day been? Excited for E3 and what awaits? :p
Oh geez, I hadn't even noticed. I've been in this place for too long.

As for my day, it's been aight. Playing Zelda and waiting for Spring Break which is next week. As for E3, excitement hasn't really hit me yet. :p

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
E3 excitement is with me every day of the year.

Less than 70 days to go :D

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Oh geez, I hadn't even noticed. I've been in this place for too long.
As for my day, it's been aight. Playing Zelda and waiting for Spring Break which is next week. As for E3, excitement hasn't really hit me yet. :p

Well, you've been around longer then I have, that's for sure. But for me to reach 10,000 posts will most likely never happen, so... again, congratulations. :p

You're just about to get your Spring Break, huh? Mine was 2 weeks ago; I wish it had been 2 weeks on its own rather then one, but that's life... as for me, you know what I'm hyped for at E3. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So Cave Story is getting something new on the Switch. I 'm sure some people here will like that.
"Something new"
It's gonna be the same ****ing **** all over again
I bought the EShop version(aka Cave Story+ but without the weird sprites) and I don't regret it but god, Nicalis can't just keep re-releasing the same game over and over again.
animal people(also some rare bug people)
This just in, bugs aren't animals.
#BugsAreAnimalsToo
#BugLivesMatter

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So I got almost all of the portraits from Echoes uploaded (both status screen and dialogue): https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Category:Shadows_of_Valentia_portraits

All in good old PNG format, so no funny backgrounds or not working in certain browsers, unlike certain sources who I will not name. :p

I say "almost" because I think a couple of generic enemy portraits were missing from the sources I was using. At the moment I'm looking to see if I can find them somewhere else. Also some of the names are a bit funny because the wiki uses official Japanese romanisations until we get actual English names for them (thank goodness "Qulyf" is no more, at least). Though it shouldn't be too hard to pick out whoever you're looking for, I think.

Also obligatory "beware potential spoilers" warning.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
"Something new"
It's gonna ne the same ****ing **** all ovsr again
I bought the EShop version(aka Cave Story+ but without the weird sprites) and I don't regret it but god, Nicalis can't just keep re-releasing the same game over and over again.

This just in, bugs aren't animals.
#BugsAreAnimalsToo
#BugLivesMatter
But aren't insects not animals?

Good, that's what I had in mind when I recommended the idea.

My friend bought tickets to E3, lucky.
You can't have a peacock not be a bishonen frankly.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Good, that's what I had in mind when I recommended the idea.

My friend bought tickets to E3, lucky.
I wish I could have gotten tickets but I think I have exams on during E3.

Moydow's sig reminded me I never heard that remixed theme for Roy's amiibo. Off to go listen

Cave story being brought u[p reminded me to download it (it is free after all for some reason). Interact/use is the down arrow. 0/10, worst game ever.

D

Deleted member

And this, kids, is why you shouldn't sleep on biology class
Shisho, you don't even know what a Micropachycephalosaurus is. Don't act smart. :p

Actually, even worse than that is that you can't accept that Velociraptors clearly had feathers.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, many don't think of insects as animals because they're sooooooo different from a typical animal. An issue is that the term "animal" can be subjective for some.

I don't think of insects as animals compared to various fish, etc. But officially, as pointed out above, they are.

Anyway, if you need more insect ideas, Ants are pretty notable on their own for strength in general. For arachnids, I'd go with a Tarantula.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
And this, kids, is why you shouldn't sleep on biology class
That seems outdated.
"True bacteria" and "archaeabacteria" are just called bacteria and archaea now. While they were once thought to be of the same domain of life (prokaryotes), they're now seperated into their own domains (giving 3; bacteria, archaea and eukaryotes).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So open world is going to be the new standard for Zelda, then?

I guess you might have a new Zelda fan in that case, LOL.

I don't care about puzzles, TBH. In stuff like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks they just felt like a mildly inconvenient obstacle to getting back to the fun parts of the game, except that was the game. And well, I liked the stealth even less and BotW gave me horrid flashbacks, but eh at least it was only one point in BotW.

With Breath of the Wild, it wasn't about shoving puzzles in your face constantly. It set you loose in a magical world and just kinda said, "Oh, and here's some puzzles if you feel like getting around to it or something." I didn't have to progress through something I didn't feel like tackling at the time just to unlock something I did, I could just wander off and do whatever I wanted.

I get that a lot of people that are fans of going through a linear game are probably extremely upset and although I know I'm probably going to despite my better judgement I'm nervous to even check, but Zelda wasn't really the kind of game I'd pick up for a linear or even "nonlinear except it's all about the dungeons anyway" experience so I'm pretty OK with this if it means more games like BotW, LOL.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't think that is how science works.
Actually it is. There's a lot of conjecture as to what exactly certian terms mean and what falls into them.

For instance, are viruses living or non-living? What is a living thing?

Even the definition for a "dead bacteria" draws debate.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
All Arthropods are classified as Animals...

For some reason I've met people who didn't think fish and birds were 'Animals' either...

One person got offended when I said that we are animals...

D

Deleted member

Actually, even worse than that is that you can't accept that Velociraptors clearly had feathers.
**** YOU I DON'T ACCEPT LIES
To be fair, many don't think of insects as animals because they're sooooooo different from a typical animal. An issue is that the term "animal" can be subjective for some.

I don't think of insects as animals compared to various fish, etc. But officially, as pointed out above, they are.

Anyway, if you need more insect ideas, Ants are pretty notable on their own for strength in general. For arachnids, I'd go with a Tarantula.
What? But bugs are one of the first things you learn that ARE animals. Hell, just by the way they act shoild be enough for anyone to differentiate from, I dunno, plants or bacteria
I could understand it being hard to see something like Sponges as animals but bugs fit the general idea of "visible and moving"
That seems outdated.
"True bacteria" and "archaeabacteria" are just called bacteria and archaea now. While they were once thought to be of the same domain of life (prokaryotes), they're now seperated into their own domains (giving 3; bacteria, archaea and eukaryotes).
It was just the first pic I could find and what I wanted to illustrate still stands so pls dont make me look dumb :^(

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think that is how science works.
You're forgetting the part where people don't care about science and have their own definitions. That's what I'm getting at. Words do often times have more than one definition. Not saying your point isn't overall right, but it's not to every person.

Also, terminology in Science isn't completely set in stone, as noted above.

Chrono.

So I got almost all of the portraits from Echoes uploaded (both status screen and dialogue): https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Category:Shadows_of_Valentia_portraits

All in good old PNG format, so no funny backgrounds or not working in certain browsers, unlike certain sources who I will not name. :p

I say "almost" because I think a couple of generic enemy portraits were missing from the sources I was using. At the moment I'm looking to see if I can find them somewhere else. Also some of the names are a bit funny because the wiki uses official Japanese romanisations until we get actual English names for them (thank goodness "Qulyf" is no more, at least). Though it shouldn't be too hard to pick out whoever you're looking for, I think.

Also obligatory "beware potential spoilers" warning.
Duma looks disappointingly normal.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So open world is going to be the new standard for Zelda, then?

I guess you might have a new Zelda fan in that case, LOL.

I don't care about puzzles, TBH. In stuff like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks they just felt like a mildly inconvenient obstacle to getting back to the fun parts of the game, except that was the game. And well, I liked the stealth even less and BotW gave me horrid flashbacks, but eh at least it was only one point in BotW.

With Breath of the Wild, it wasn't about shoving puzzles in your face constantly. It set you loose in a magical world and just kinda said, "Oh, and here's some puzzles if you feel like getting around to it or something." I didn't have to progress through something I didn't feel like tackling at the time just to unlock something I did, I could just wander off and do whatever I wanted.

I get that a lot of people that are fans of going through a linear game are probably extremely upset and although I know I'm probably going to despite my better judgement I'm nervous to even check, but Zelda wasn't really the kind of game I'd pick up for a linear or even "nonlinear except it's all about the dungeons anyway" experience so I'm pretty OK with this if it means more games like BotW, LOL.
>not having time for a good puzzle

DISGUSTING

Honestly, BotW being the new style of Zelda is dissapointning to me. I haven't played BotW yet so I have no idea how good it is, but it feels like Zelda was special. I can't think of many other games like 3D zeldas. I mean yeah, i've only beat two, but the idea of a style going away is always sad when it was so popular.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
**** YOU I DON'T ACCEPT LIES

What? But bugs are one of the first things you learn that ARE animals. Hell, just by the way they act shoild be enough for anyone to differentiate from, I dunno, plants or bacteria
I could understand it being hard to see something like Sponges as animals but bugs fit the general idea of "visible and moving"

It was just the first pic I could find and what I wanted to illustrate still stands so pls dont make me look dumb :^(
Not knowing something doesn't make you dumb. Just knowing the domains of life is remembering something. Intelligence is more than just recall. Using what you do know to solve something new is a better sign of intelligence than memorising stuff.

I mean, I haven't studied much biology so does that make me dumb compared to someone with a doctorate in biology? No it doesn't. Comparing their knowledge of what they know really well with what I might have a slight grasp on is comparing apples and oranges.

Quiz shows often make people think that "knowing a lot" = "being smart". It doesn't. Recalling something requires a low level of thinking.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, BotW being the new style of Zelda is dissapointning to me. I haven't played BotW yet so I have no idea how good it is, but it feels like Zelda was special. I can't think of many other games like 3D zeldas. I mean yeah, i've only beat two, but the idea of a style going away is always sad when it was so popular.
The style was used for 20 years of 3D Zeldas. I think that means it's time to move on

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
>not having time for a good puzzle

DISGUSTING

Puzzles are best when they feel like a natural extension of gameplay rather than trying to do sudoku in the newspaper, IMO.

Technically all gameplay is kinda, sorta a puzzle. But it feels much more enjoyable to me when I'm thinking "how do I make that jump" or "how do I cook that recipe in the way I want to" than "Oh look, there's four unlit torches next to each other. Wonder what the game devs wanted me to do here?"

Subtlety is a magic all it's own. If a game makes you feel clever without making you feel like you just got up from a jigsaw puzzle, that's fun for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom