• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
And a Black Cat movie, which I'm 50/50 on
And a Silver Sable movie I don't think anyone asked for.
Who is this Nobody and why does he keep getting everything he wants?

And I'm officially not getting the male Corrin amiibo anymore as why bother if I can get the one with the design I like?
Yeah, I'm ok with Black Cat not existing in the MCU, and I don't really have a problem with Silver Sable existing outside of the MCU. But Venom not being a part of the MCU sucks.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wonder if someone will still make a custom amiibo to turn Male Corrin into Female Corrin, and vice versa.

Call them the Trans Corrins.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I wonder if someone will still make a custom to turn Male Corrin into Female Corrin, and vice versa.

Call them the Trans Corrins.
ah....um hm...ookay
also, when does FE:Echoes come out again?
---
I looks like my Robin and Blathers Amiibo are talking to eachother and I swear I didnt make them face eachother.

And a scooby doo WWE movie just came on cartoon network lol

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Huh. So, data mining has revealed a pretty major addition to Echoes story.

MAJOR SPOILERS HERE
There's a new 6th chapter of the game where you visit Archanaea.

SUPER SPOILERS:
And you learn about the creation of Grima and what exactly he is.
Nice to see that they're trying to
...tie things up with Awakening as well as giving us a but more on how Grima came to be.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well... now that it has been confirmed that both Corrins are getting an amiibo, I am simply just disappointed compared to how I was acting yesterday. I am a bit concerned regarding the potential Smash port having new characters as of now and while this possibility still stands even if these amiibo do not confirm it, then that would reassure me so much. Just as long as they don't forcefully show off both Corrins when they eventually release the missing amiibo, then I might have faith in the future. Since I am sure Source Gaming is reporting on all this, what is your opinion regarding us getting new characters for Smash Switch now, @PushDustIn? Just curious.

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
The datamine for FE Echoes reveals the deal with amiibo.

Fem Corrin is basically happening, get hype or salty, idc.

Fem Robin is nowhere to be found in the game reinforcing that fact.
Salty in my case. Special treatment just makes me dislike her even more than Camilla. Ugh.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As someone that started FE with Fates and knows nothing about gaiden, should I get fe echoes?
If you're willing to get an idea of what older FE games were like, but with more modern graphics and some modern mechanical improvements, but are willing to accept some fundamental differences to a game like Fates (no avatar character, no pair up mechanic, marriage or child system, weapons have durability, archers have a much bigger attack range etc), then yes. It even has Casual Mode if you don't like permadeath.

If certain elements like the pair up mechanic and avatar character were defining reasons as to why you liked Fates, then you probably won't enjoy Echoes as much.

I also started with Fates, yet I have the Special Edition of Echoes pre-ordered, lol.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Salty in my case. Special treatment just makes me dislike her even more than Camilla. Ugh.
How is it special treatment? This is similar to "Ugh, pandering to LGBT" complaints I see these days. NOBODY asked for the male Corrin to be the main design choice and again, other than the amiibo, male Corrin has no merch. Meanwhile Femui had 2 figures, both selling out on pre orders absurdly fast

D

Deleted member

Oh man, it's been a long time since the last time I visited this place. I believe it's already been about 3 months since the last time I've been here.
How's everyone doing?

Edit: ...Assuming anyone even remembers me.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How is it special treatment? This is similar to "Ugh, pandering to LGBT" complaints I see these days. NOBODY asked for the male Corrin to be the main design choice and again, other than the amiibo, male Corrin has no merch. Meanwhile Femui had 2 figures, both selling out on pre orders absurdly fast
Male Corrin does have one of those chibi keychains, but other than that not much else I can think of.

http://www.empty.co.jp/images/d4series_67/image01.jpg

http://www.empty.co.jp/images/d4series_68/image01.jpg

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The datamine for FE Echoes reveals the deal with amiibo.

Fem Corrin is basically happening, get hype or salty, idc.

Fem Robin is nowhere to be found in the game reinforcing that fact.
On the one hand, I like Female Corrin's design better. On the other hand, this might mean Smash Amiibos aren't close to being done yet! I want to build my display shelf already **** it. :laugh:

OH ****
THE FINAL BOSS THEME FOR GAIDEN LEAKED
IT SOUNDS SO ****ED UP I LOVE IT
LMAO It reminds me of Chapter 5 from Kid Icarus Uprising with Pandora's Labyrinth. Not sure what Doma looks like now, but considering he looked like a giant swamp monster in the original I'd say it's fitting.

The Final Chapter theme I'm slightly of bummed by. It's epic as all heck, but it's not as catchy as the original theme. IDK I think they could have left out the choir and slowed the pace down one notch.

Huh. So, data mining has revealed a pretty major addition to Echoes story.

MAJOR SPOILERS HERE
There's a new 6th chapter of the game where you visit Archanaea.

SUPER SPOILERS:
And you learn about the creation of Grima and what exactly he is.
If true, I called this the other day. Second, this could put us older fans at ease after Awakening messed things up.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
If you're willing to get an idea of what older FE games were like, but with more modern graphics and some modern mechanical improvements, but are willing to accept some fundamental differences to a game like Fates (no avatar character, no pair up mechanic, marriage or child system, weapons have durability, archers have a much bigger attack range etc), then yes. It even has Casual Mode if you don't like permadeath.

If certain elements like the pair up mechanic and avatar character were defining reasons as to why you liked Fates, then you probably won't enjoy Echoes as much.

I also started with Fates, yet I have the Special Edition of Echoes pre-ordered, lol.
yeah, Echos is intresting to me. Im probably gonna try it out, it sure does look fun. Thanks to Fates, I think Im started to like FE games more

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Well it's special treatment because no other character has received another gendered amiibo. The only characters with alternates are ****in' ROB and Game and Watch.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well it's special treatment because no other character has received another gendered amiibo. The only characters with alternates are ****in' ROB and Game and Watch.
And Mega Man with Gold Mega Man.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
But why did they decide to make 2? Because someone ****ed up and chose the one people didn't want. Really, the only reason we're getting 2 Corrins is because Sakurai was dumb and made the male one the default one in Smash. Otherwise, we'd only get the female one

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Oh man, it's been a long time since the last time I visited this place. I believe it's already been about 3 months since the last time I've been here.
How's everyone doing?
Every day without Bandana Dee in Smash makes my life feel like a horrible mess of chaos and pain.

Nah.

I'm fine, and you?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
But why did they decide to make 2? Because someone ****ed up and chose the one people didn't want. Really, the only reason we're getting 2 Corrins is because Sakurai was dumb and made the male one the default one in Smash. Otherwise, we'd only get the female one
Money!~
the toys-to-life fad is dying at an alarming rate so ninty need to produce another one people will buy. Fire Emblem is so absurdly popular nowadays that a second Corrin amiibo would still sell hotcakes.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Kinda cool how they are explaining
how Grima came to be and whatnot. But that being said, will it explain how he came to be sealed? Or is it just going to go with, "Marth, Alm and Co. are the ones who sealed Grima." route? I certainly hope there is more to this postgame than a potential cop-out or at least sets up the Fire Emblem game that features the First Exalt vs Grima.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
thats exactly what special treatment is. While male corrin gets just rubber keychains, The girl gets 2 full figurines
That's not special treatment, that's smart business because that's the only one of the two people like
Money!~
the toys-to-life fad is dying at an alarming rate so ninty need to produce another one people will buy. Fire Emblem is so absurdly popular nowadays that a second Corrin amiibo would still sell hotcakes.
But if we had the female Corrin from the start, there wouldn't be a second amiibo

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
That's not special treatment, that's smart business because that's the only one of the two people like
There isnt an absence of people that like Male corrin, they are out there, just not as out there as the ones that like the girl. Plus, they are both dumb as a doorknob in Fates pff

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Eh? I like M!Corrin. What kinda angers me about the F!Corrin fanbase is that many of them don't want to acknowledge the male counterpart and he gets constantly crapped on despite them being basically the same character. F!Corrin is getting special treatment. I'll gladly eat my words if they decide to make M!WFT, Koopalings, F!Robin and so on.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

But if we had the female Corrin from the start, there wouldn't be a second amiibo
Not that I necessarily disagree with you, but the semantics people use on this is really just reflective of how they feel about the character.

People who are sick of Female Corrin will call it "special treatment".

Fans of Female Corrin will say it's "smart business practice".

Neutral people will fall anywhere in between depending on their level of knowledge on the franchise and the popularity polls and what not.

I see the same thing all of the time with Rosalina.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Not that I necessarily disagree with you, but the semantics people use on this is really just reflective of how they feel about the character.

Neutral people will fall anywhere in between depending on their level of knowledge on the franchise and the popularity polls and what not.

You don't even have to be a fan. See the popularity polls from Echoes and Fates, female Corrin ALWAYS ranked higher, cashing in on a major IP with a very popular character is OBJECTIVELY a good choice for a business.
Eh? I like M!Corrin. What kinda angers me about the F!Corrin fanbase is that many of them don't want to acknowledge the male counterpart and he gets constantly crapped on despite them being basically the same character. F!Corrin is getting special treatment. I'll gladly eat my words if they decide to make M!WFT, Koopalings, F!Robin and so on.
See Smash. Outside of Japan, Smash was our first introduction to Corrin. Female Corrin had gained fans with her colour schemes, voice and extra aggression in her tone. The male Corrin however was considered to sound outright narmy in comparison

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Its a lose lose for everyone:034:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Her popularity comes mainly due to waifu fans and the way you describe her, you are a fan.

I think it would be wise to stop with the Corrin thing since we're on opposite sides and we'll never come to an agreement due to how we feel towards the character. "Our first introduction to Corrin"? I got introduced to the male version with the Japanese version of Fates which released months before the Smash Corrin reveal.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Her popularity comes mainly due to waifu fans and the way you describe her, you are a fan.

I think it would be wise to stop with the Corrin thing since we're on opposite sides and we'll never come to an agreement due to how we feel towards the character. "Our first introduction to Corrin"? I got introduced to the male version with the Japanese version of Fates which released months before the Smash Corrin reveal.
I'm not denying I'm a fan, but WHY did I prefer the female Corrin? Simply because 'waifu'? **** no. I gave legitimate reasons but all you're doing is 'disgusting waifu lovers urgh'

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You don't even have to be a fan. See the popularity polls from Echoes and Fates, female Corrin ALWAYS ranked higher, cashing in on a major IP with a very popular character is OBJECTIVELY a good choice for a business.

See Smash. Outside of Japan, Smash was our first introduction to Corrin. Female Corrin had gained fans with her colour schemes, voice and extra aggression in her tone. The male Corrin however was considered to sound outright narmy in comparison
Again, I'm not disagreeing with you on it being smart business practice (though technically, it does classify as special treatment as well, by textbook definition, but it's justified).

People are generally only going to know about the popularity polls if they're particularly avid Fire Emblem fans, or they're the kind of people who like looking up trivia about the characters in the first place. Hence I said that neutral people will take a different tone depending on how much knowledge they've picked up about the franchise.

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen : I never said that you in particular were a waifu fan; just that a very noticeable amount of her fanbase are waifu fans. It's those fans that are making her and the rest of her fans look bad. Anyway, I'll gladly stop feeling bad about F!Corrin's treatment when her male counterpart gets a Nendoroid, a figma, among other merchandise.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Looks like all the amiibos come with their own battle themes like in Fates. They're all re-used except for :4feroy: who gets a new FE6 Battle Theme remix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK5HXf2U8OI
Guess it's kinda like what happened in Fates - Marth was the only amiibo character to get a remixed battle theme because he was the only one who didn't have one with modern synths/live instruments.

Now it's the boy's turn. :4feroy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom