• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Meanwhile, I'm wondering what is the European branch of Marvelous thinking by having Peach Beach Splash compete with an already anticipated sequel for Splatoon this summer. This spells trouble for Senran Kagura.
****, that is plain video game release suicide there. If they aren't careful enough, it could be a The Wonderful 101 situation and flop harder than previous entries in the series.

Sure it has some similarities to Splatoon and Vanquish to a lesser extent, but I'd imagine more people would go for the colorful shooter with squids because of its wider appeal and being a more innovative shooter.

Marvelous better have good reasons for releasing it in the same season. Or else this would likely kill all future localizations. Though I'd rather wait until we see concrete release dates for both first.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wow Nintendo is more ahead of the times than I thought, the Switch has teleportation capabilities now.

/s

But seriously, this has to be the most fault ridden piece of hardware since the OG Xbox 360 models. So glad I've held off.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Batta the Beast or bust
...and they also love putting really obscure characters so Batta the Beast in HD could be a real thing.

...wait.

I dislike Lyn so...

Batta finally having his revenge would be... GLORIOUS.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Revenge for that scripted battle!

YES.

Also, Valter from Sacred Stones and Narcian from Binding Blade would be cool too. Even if they end up as bosses only.

Hm? Switch systems are warping? Good thing I keep mine outside that thing. I treat it more like a 3DS.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Huh. So, data mining has revealed a pretty major addition to Echoes story.

MAJOR SPOILERS HERE
There's a new 6th chapter of the game where you visit Archanaea.

SUPER SPOILERS:
And you learn about the creation of Grima and what exactly he is.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
****, that is plain video game release suicide there. If they aren't careful enough, it could be a The Wonderful 101 situation and flop harder than previous entries in the series.

Sure it has some similarities to Splatoon and Vanquish to a lesser extent, but I'd imagine more people would go for the colorful shooter with squids because of its wider appeal and being a more innovative shooter.

Marvelous better have good reasons for releasing it in the same season. Or else this would likely kill all future localizations. Though I'd rather wait until we see concrete release dates for both first.
I hope you are right. Because it would suck if one of my favorite franchise is killled off by one of my most anticipated Nintendo Switch titles.

Marvelous' PR better have a good explanation for this. Trying to compete with a giant like Splatoon will result in more than just Inkstrike levels of defeat.

I'm really trying to be positive about the situation since Yo-Kai Watch 2 getting caniballized by Pokémon was bad enough.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

MAJOR SPOILERS HERE

SUPER SPOILERS:
Hella excited for this now. Hope this means FE16 is an Awakening sequel

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm also not sure what my next avatar should be.

I want it to be Marvel related though.

My first thought was Scorpion from Spiderman.

So I went to find good Scorpion pics and... they don't exist.

I tried to find other Spiderman villains that looked good but there's nothing aside from Venom who's cool, but I'm not feeling him right now.

Opossum Opossum
@Fisher

Any recommendations?

Also, check the PM. Lots of new stuff to look at, including more pictures.
Lizard, Green Goblin, Kraven, Carnage, Mysterio and Electro. I think those guys look cool. Well, Mysterio less so, but he has a couple of cool pictures. Also, try looking at Ultimate Scorpion, I thought that design was a bit cooler than his standard one.

Though Venom's usually the safest bet. He's got a great design.

He did Kuwabara and Giroro.

He's got this.
I didn't think about it at first, but Sabat would be a good choice for Okuyasu. Like Kyle Hebert(Adult Gohan/Ryu) doing Kakyoin's voice(I could also kind of see him doing Mista's voice too, oddly).

Don't know who would do Koichi's voice though. I guess whoever can sound like a convincing teenage boy.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Meanwhile, I'm wondering what is the European branch of Marvelous thinking by having Peach Beach Splash compete with an already anticipated sequel for Splatoon this summer. This spells trouble for Senran Kagura.
Real talk, Peach Beach Splash looks genuinely interesting, mechanically. Gameplay footage is fast and frantic.

I just feel...weird about getting it, for some reason.

MAJOR SPOILERS HERE

SUPER SPOILERS:
Ooo.

It just moved to the front of the backlog list.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They've learned how to hack time itself
"You're about to hack time. Are you sure?" Y/N
"Warning: hacking too much time"
Wow Nintendo is more ahead of the times than I thought, the Switch has teleportation capabilities now.

/s

But seriously, this has to be the most fault ridden piece of hardware since the OG Xbox 360 models. So glad I've held off.
What does the "warping" mean? I don't get what's the issue here
MAJOR SPOILERS HERE
HOLY **** WHAT? THIS IS SO ****ING COOL
It's not only the new content a remake needs but also does something more with the fact that Akaneia and Valencia are in the same world.
AND IT ****ING EXPLAINS GRIMA LIKE WHAT

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"You're about to hack time. Are you sure?" Y/N
"Warning: hacking too much time"

What does the "warping" mean? I don't get what's the issue here

HOLY **** WHAT? THIS IS SO ****ING COOL
It's not only the new content a remake needs but also does something more with the fact that Akaneia and Valencia are in the same world.
AND IT ****ING EXPLAINS GRIMA LIKE WHAT
It basically means the plastic is deforming, most likely due to the fans not being able to keep the system cool enough. Results in some people having Switch systems that are bent or the back where the battery is bulges out. It can also effect the form of the screen if your case of warping is strong enough.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

/s

Ha ha. Noooooooo.

This thing runs like a dream compared to OG 360. Failure rate for that piece of crap was between 23.7% and 54.2% depending on who you ask.

Pile up all the controller desyncs, the dock screen scratches, the TWO curved systems - which haven't yet ruled out blocking the vents, I bet - the dead pixels, and throw in any WiFi issues just for good measure, and if the failure rate is above 5% I'll eat my shades and your hat.

Switch is fine. People just wanna *****.

Chrono.

The datamine for FE Echoes reveals the deal with amiibo.

Fem Corrin is basically happening, get hype or salty, idc.

Fem Robin is nowhere to be found in the game reinforcing that fact.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Recently (and finally) bought Shovel Knight on Switch.

Sure, I had it on Wii U, but whatever, it's my money. I do what I want!

-clears throat- Anyway, just wanted to say that Specter of Torment is such an awesome addition to the Shovel Knight franchise. YCG outdid themselves there.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

MAJOR SPOILERS HERE

SUPER SPOILERS:
Yo, for real though?

Source? I must see more of these spoilers since I don't have a 3DS lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ha ha. Noooooooo.

This thing runs like a dream compared to OG 360. Failure rate for that piece of crap was between 23.7% and 54.2% depending on who you ask.

Pile up all the controller desyncs, the dock screen scratches, the TWO curved systems - which haven't yet ruled out blocking the vents, I bet - the dead pixels, and throw in any WiFi issues just for good measure, and if the failure rate is above 5% I'll eat my shades and your hat.

Switch is fine. People just wanna *****.
I didn't say the problems were on par with the Xbox 360 (you're talking to someone who went through three Xbox 360 models in the launch window), I just said it's the most problem ridden console since the Xbox 360.

I haven't heard of Wii U's, 3DS's, PS3's, PS4's, Vita's, or Xbox One's with:

-Warping due to cooling issues
-Melting SD cards that could potentially be used with other devices
-Having widespread controller syncing issues (yes, that one was confirmed to be a widespread issue that Nintendo had to patch out of the system)
-Having what is supposed to be the main selling point of the system cause scratches on the system, basically necessitating the need for yet another accessory in a system that already requires extra purchases
-Cases of people having hours of save data lost because their system malfunctioning, requiring them to send their system to Nintendo for repairs...only for Nintendo to send the thing back with all of the save data wiped, because the units had to be replaced rather than repaired, and Switch save data is locked to the device and can't be backed up on external memory or cloud storage.

..And it's already expensive out of the gate for what's little it's offering (both in terms of launch window releases, and firmware features). While they've certainly had some issues here and there, it's been nothing close to how much the Switch has had so far. The console was clearly rushed, everything from the launch line-up, lack of basic features, and the issues it's having confirms that. To deny that would be delusional at this point.

And no, it's not just "people want to hate". I'm getting this news from Nintendo fan sites.

I just can't bring myself to buy a first wave Switch model at this rate (though the lack of games and firmware features, in combination with me still having enough to play on other systems, were enough to convince me it would be bad to buy one at launch...also I couldn't afford it at the time because dentist bills so yeeeah). I think I'd be much better off waiting for newer manufacturing waves that have a lower defect rate, so that's what I'm doing personally. And I think I have enough basis for that to be a valid approach.

------

Also, Female Corrin amiibo 100% confirmed.

https://i0.wp.com/sourcegaming.info/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/C8fNKmNXkAQhv3F.jpg?w=514

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Is the English version of Echoes the one that leaked? If so, is Laura Bailey back as Lucina? The fact Buncina is voiced by someone else has me concerned

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm also not sure what my next avatar should be.

I want it to be Marvel related though.

My first thought was Scorpion from Spiderman.

So I went to find good Scorpion pics and... they don't exist.

I tried to find other Spiderman villains that looked good but there's nothing aside from Venom who's cool, but I'm not feeling him right now.

Opossum Opossum
@Fisher

Any recommendations?

Also, check the PM. Lots of new stuff to look at, including more pictures.
I'll suggest someone obscure. Jack O'Lantern.

Speaking of Spider-Man, for the Spider-Man MCU movies do you guys think they're just going to stick with villains who don't have super powers?

For Homecoming we have Vulture, Shocker and Tinkerer. One has mechanical wings, one has a device that shocks you, and the other creates stuff. That's more realistic than villains like Electro, Lizard, and Sandman who have straight up super powers.

There are still a decent amount of realistic villains they can use like Kraven, Mysterio, Chameleon, Prowler (which some people think might be Donald Glovers character in Homecoming), and there's always Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus if they're ok with reusing them.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So Female Corrin is basically happening it seems?

Honestly? I can dig it.

I was planning on getting the last 3 amiibo, but I guess I'll skip out on M!Corrin in favour of F!Corrin and not feel too bad about it. I'm not sure why, but from the little of Fate's I've played, I enjoyed F!Corrin more; the voice really helped in hindsight.

I wonder what this means for the whole Smash Switch thing. At this rate, (if we even get a port), it'll probably just all the DLC in one package and ported over to the Switch lol.

EDIT:
IT'S HAPPENING!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'll suggest someone obscure. Jack O'Lantern.

Speaking of Spider-Man, for the Spider-Man MCU movies do you guys think they're just going to stick with villains who don't have super powers?

For Homecoming we have Vulture, Shocker and Tinkerer. One has mechanical wings, one has a device that shocks you, and the other creates stuff. That's more realistic than villains like Electro, Lizard, and Sandman who have straight up super powers.

There are still a decent amount of realistic villains they can use like Kraven, Mysterio, Chameleon, Prowler (which some people think might be Donald Glovers character in Homecoming), and there's always Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus if they're ok with reusing them.
If they ever do more films, I'd really like to see Kraven. I'd also like to have a version of Venom that does him justice, but I'd rather see him in a film with an adult Spider-Man.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Who cares about female Robin, female Villager, male Wii Fit Trainer, Alph, the Koopalings, classic Wario, classic Bayonetta, or Advent Children Cloud.

Female Corrin is all that matters.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
FemCorn confirmed brightens my day maaaaaaaan.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If they ever do more films, I'd really like to see Kraven. I'd also like to have a version of Venom that does him justice, but I'd rather see him in a film with an adult Spider-Man.
I'm expecting them to do Kraven for the next movie. It doesn't seem like Venom will exist in the MCU unfortunately. Sony wants to make there own solo Venom which won't be a part of the MCU.

Echoes is hypeeeeeee

RIP Taker. Was my favorite wrestler when I first watched. It's a shame what age can do to a guy and his ability to wrestle

Feel bad for Roman, the guy who to his loyalty in being a nice company guy just got buried by Vince McMahon and just retired one of the greatest wrestlers of all time and it was all out of his control. You have to know how bad he feels. Shame.

Srsly I need echoes yesterday

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Who cares about female Robin, female Villager, male Wii Fit Trainer, Alph, the Koopalings, classic Wario, classic Bayonetta, or Advent Children Cloud.

Female Corrin is all that matters.
Best sarcasm I've heard in years.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm expecting them to do Kraven for the next movie. It doesn't seem like Venom will exist in the MCU unfortunately. Sony wants to make there own solo Venom which won't be a part of the MCU.
And a Black Cat movie, which I'm 50/50 on
And a Silver Sable movie I don't think anyone asked for.
Who is this Nobody and why does he keep getting everything he wants?

And I'm officially not getting the male Corrin amiibo anymore as why bother if I can get the one with the design I like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom