• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh I agree.

So long as it's the one Nintendo owns :p
Ah, the old (and I mean old) "Nintendo's Goku instead of Dragon Ball's Goku" joke.

But if I want to play as the Super Sand Lesbian Kakka Carrot Cake, I'll just play Super Smash Flash 2 or Super Smash Bros. Crusade (still waiting for BOTH to release their newest demos...)

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Angle coming out to hear his YOU SUCK chant again
My boy mojo winning the ARMBAR (Moment of the night for me)
Cesaro And sheamus entrance
Aries and neville match
Jericho and Owens match
That ladder match that had the ****ing Hardyz in it (Im shocked Jeff can still do giant ladder jumps like that)

This has been a fantastic wrestlemania and i've loved every minute (that wasn't a commercial)
Brought to you in part by the WWE Network! Only $9.99!

Ivander

Smash Legend
@Shishœ
Just to mention, you might want to keep an eye on the adaption of Strange Fake. While I heard that there are changes besides adding a Saber character, with some modifications to the story, it does have the rematch that you probably want after watching the Unlimited Blade Works anime. Basically, Gilgamesh(albeit less evil, less Kotomine and no longer muddied by leftover Grail corruption crazy juice) is in it alongside Enkidu, but one of the Servants that appears in the new Strange Fake is in fact the most wanted Servant class form of a certain dark giant Servant.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I actually found it on Youtube
https://youtu.be/dgTO2vFWBEA

Anyways, dunno if it was a typo on your first post but you had said Apocrypha is a movie, but MAL says it's "TV" which means it's a whole series

Also
>A-1 Pictures
It's less that it's not ufotable and more of it being A-1 itself.
I loved Erased last year so I'll give them a chance though.
When I clicked the Youtube link, it still tells me that the video is not available in my country. Seems like only the Japanese can watch it there.

As for that movie thing, yeah, that was a typo. I meant to say an anime series, but I was getting mixed up with the HF movie all of a sudden.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*plays more Splatoon*

I want to see. . .

I want to see Arowana Mall come back in Splatoon 2.

The more I play on it, the more it feels like a Splatoon 2 stage that just has a slightly paler artstyle than Splatoon 2. There's so much attention to detail and it has exactly the lifestyle feeling of Splatoon 2, it just needs a little more pop.

. . .I bet it's gonna turn out it's one of those stages everyone hates in Splatoon and I just missed it because I don't pay attention. . .

D

Deleted member

Oh cool, I was able to find the first episode of Rick and Morty S3
Holy ****, this is how you start a season
Now to wait for 1000 years for the next one

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I appreciate your comments! Allow me to address them one by one:

•I wondered if the Powder system would be too confusing. I have a solution: have any non-Black Powder bombs immediately detonate if Plague Knight attempts to create another. This way, there's no management required.

•As for Plague's aerial control, this was intentional. In the source game, Plague is a nightmare in the air; my intention was to carry this into Smash. I do feel that he may be TOO powerful though. I think I'll lower his weight a bit.

•I have to agree with you regarding the Leech Liquid. I believe I'll remove the Health Tonic system and have Leech Liquid as his Down Special. I'll have to give it a cooldown so Plague isn't constantly topping his health off. My original thoughts were that Health Tonic is a major element of Plague of Shadows that needed to be referenced, but I really like the idea of Leech Liquid as a Special.

If I'm of any assistance, it's probably more than I deserve on this subject.

Allow me to address the addressing:
- Having this act like a remote detonation actually seems beneficial. Could make for quite the mindgame set.

- Definitely fair point, his air superiority is one of the things I enjoyed best about his campaign. I admit I haven't considered all his aerials yet, howeverp; I've mostly considered ground-to-air approaches. Perhaps I'll have a better idea when I've thought more on the subject.

- Cribbing from Robin again, it could be on a limited usage and then regenerate similar to the Nosferatu tome. Probably the most viable implementation, seeing as it's already in place, but I'm unsure how exactly to indicate that it's available or run out. Perhaps an indicator near the player icon would still work.

-
avi_walking.gif

TIL
"everyone looks good in a suit" also applies to pokemon
I certainly hope so.

Editing that one was a pain.

And also thank you, I'm flattered.

*plays more Splatoon*

I want to see. . .

I want to see Arowana Mall come back in Splatoon 2.

The more I play on it, the more it feels like a Splatoon 2 stage that just has a slightly paler artstyle than Splatoon 2. There's so much attention to detail and it has exactly the lifestyle feeling of Splatoon 2, it just needs a little more pop.

. . .I bet it's gonna turn out it's one of those stages everyone hates in Splatoon and I just missed it because I don't pay attention. . .
Nah, I hope it comes back too.

I admit there were certain design characteristics that could be improved, but I played that stage so much I still remember my openers to this day.

And I haven't played regularly since they brought out Moray Towers...which I just learned was nearly two years ago.

Yeesh. Where'd that time go?

Last edited:

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman

- Having this act like a remote detonation actually seems beneficial. Could make for quite the mindgame set.

- Definitely fair point, his air superiority is one of the things I enjoyed best about his campaign. I admit I haven't considered all his aerials yet, howeverp; I've mostly considered ground-to-air approaches. Perhaps I'll have a better idea when I've thought more on the subject.

- Cribbing from Robin again, it could be on a limited usage and then regenerate similar to the Nosferatu tome. Probably the most viable implementation, seeing as it's already in place, but I'm unsure how exactly to indicate that it's available or run out. Perhaps an indicator near the player icon would still work.

-View attachment 127606
Oh, I truly believe your critique will improve my writing! Addressing your comment on the Down Special:

I personally think the most elegant solution would be a Magic gauge just above Plague's health indicator. It would slowly fill over time, and would allow one use of Leech Liquid when it's full.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm wondering, too. . .we saw people loitering around without weapons on a stage in a screenshot for Splatoon 2. Would that be recon? It makes sense that there would be people on stages when turf wars aren't going on, at least some stages are normal locations and that ratio seems to have increased with Splatoon 2. Civilian population living their lives and all.

. . .Still thinking of someone noticing a possible new Hero Replica weapon in one screenshot, too. Additional Hero weapons were something I kind of wanted, so to me it feels like this game is throwing in everything but playable Octolings, LOL. Unless it does that TOO.

-View attachment 127606

I certainly hope so.

Editing that one was a pain.

And also thank you, I'm flattered.

Nah, I hope it comes back too.

I admit there were certain design characteristics that could be improved, but I played that stage so much I still remember my openers to this day.

And I haven't played regularly since they brought out Moray Towers...which I just learned was nearly two years ago.

Yeesh. Where'd that time go?
Hopefully Moray Towers didn't drive you off, that's the only one we know is coming back, LOL.

Although they did add ink lines to offer an extra route across. And give the paint on the walls a touch up, but that's irrelevant to rebalancing LOL.

. . .The white on that paint is definitely fresher, though.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
it feels like this game is throwing in everything but playable Octolings, LOL. Unless it does that TOO.
Yes please.

I've hoped for playable Octolings ever since I saw that one fan mockup.

Hopefully Moray Towers didn't drive you off, that's the only one we know is coming back, LOL.
Nah, it didn't drive me off. I just shifted into other things over time and haven't quite found my way back.

Wasn't just Splatoon in that regard, but the Wii U as a whole. When I fired up the original after the testfires, I was greeted with the results script from Callie vs. Marie and the sea snails I was still owed. Hadn't played since summer 2016. It was sobering.

I'll probably train in the run-up to Splatoon 2 though. It'd be nice to be solid straight out of the gate.

Not to say I'd miss Moray if it left...but since it's not going anywhere, c'est la vie.

Last edited:
Last post for the night since I have class tomorrow. No more wrestling until tomorrow :p

Been a great night for me. Battle Royale was great and the guy I wanted to win won out of nowhere.

Bunch of great matches. Even Goldberg VS Brock was better than expected. Ladder match stole the show but no duh

Bray/Wyatt was pretty dissapointing tho. Women's fatal 4 way felt super duper rushed.

hoping for Naomi win because home town hero

After class tomorrow it's time for Taker VS Roman, which im sure will be exciting.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Walking Dead Finale was good!

RIP Sash but it made for a good start to the fighting. Carol starting wrecking people surprisingly.

Rick's convo with Neegan was good to and the part where the tiger came in was pretty bad ***

The scene that followed was really good to. The ending monlouge was great as well.
[/spoiler[

Season 8 should be good.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else have any criticism on my Plague Knight moveset before I begin making changes? My plan so far:

•Lower weight
•Change the Powder mechanic
•Change Down Special to Leech Liquid; change F-Throw

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Splatoon 2 gave me a new appreciation of just going into recon and looking at all the fine details in Splatoon stages. I like Splatoon 2's artstyle tweaks better, but looking at it the original had that same attention to detail.

Moray Towers is in rotation as we speak.

. . .

You know what would be cool? If in Splatoon 2, the building they're working on was finished. It would show the progression of time interestingly if it was.

Hmm. . .not sure if I can tell from the angles of the trailer.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"You know, I should check this "r/place" everyone has been talking about"

This is a good reddit
I helped with the Fire Emblem banner. :D

I also helped with the Jubjub on the extreme middle left wall, but less people would care, haha.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think I'll just go with Sakurai's criteria for the time being.

Are they a character that originated in a video game? Have they been playable in a game on Nintendo systems? OK, I'll get used to it eventually.

I read the interviews. Sakurai didn't give too much of a crud about Nintendo relation when adding Cloud, but Cloud being playable on spinoff games on Nintendo systems actually did set his mind at ease when he otherwise would have been somewhat uncomfortable adding a character COMPLETELY foreign to Nintendo systems.

Yes, the spinoff games actually count. The criteria doesn't say WHAT game on Nintendo systems. :p
Sakurai never said they needed a Nintendo appearance. He did say it would make it more likely for them to appear, though. It's more like a "bonus" to him, but it's not a requirement. Being a video game character is a requirement. A 3rd party character was stated to require a "gaming history", although what that exactly means is hard to say. It seems to mean to be an icon, though. That said, whether it's been on Nintendo or not isn't entirely irrelevant, of course, but it's not held to that high of importance as people say it is. Likewise, these factors are specific to Brawl, Smash 4, and the Ballot. Melee possibly didn't have these standards, being he considered James Bond from Goldeneye. Of course, maybe these are why he didn't get in, but it could also be because of realistic guns, or copyright issues he doesn't want to deal with. Nobody can say for sure and he hasn't been all that specific much(I think an article did come up where he talked about copyright problems, but I can't remember. Push might know).

Of course, when it comes to a regular option between a Nintendo appearance or a Gaming Icon for a 3rd party character, the icon part would clearly be more important overall. Other stuff like how easy they are to get, and how to implement them are still major factors, although not strict criteria. Think of it this way; Bayonetta is a good example of why the ballot isn't about icons strictly. Under normal conditions, she wouldn't get in. However, she won the ballot, and was super easy to get. Let's say the next runner-up was Banjo Kazooie among 3rd parties. While he's more iconic overall of the two(although not a super iconic character, being he's not even on the same level as Rayman at this point, or even that close), he'd also be harder to get due to being owned by Microsoft. The fact he was on a Nintendo system meant little in this case. That doesn't heavily affect it much.

Let's take another example with Cloud; Cloud got in for being an icon. If he had zero Nintendo appearances, he still would've gotten in for how important he is to gaming rpg's. It wasn't a real factor overall, and one of the least important. Simply put, any gaming icon we get is going to get in as long as Sakurai can get the rights overall(this may even include Nintendo saying no because they don't want to support a character from another system, which is reasonable. This is more or less a factor against Master Chief, although not nearly as much as his weapon being a realistic gun, that is, his signature weapon). Promotional issues do matter for companies. They're still businesses. Keep in mind Cloud barely had any appearances on a Nintendo system at this point. No games particularly starring him. Just a few playable appearances at the time. Since Smash, he's gotten a bit more love on Nintendo, due to the warm reception of his playability. This also ties a bit into what I said. A character that appears in Smash may be wanted for a Nintendo appearance again. Thus, they have to be careful about it. They don't want to get demand for characters or games they can't secure easily for their system, meaning it could get fans riled up. While obviously Nintendo isn't the best at pleasing fans at times, they still have to think about many factors. What Sakurai wants isn't the only factor anyway. We saw how bad the Final Fantasy music lineup is in Smash. It's bad. Street Fighter is almost as bad. He can only do as much as he's allowed to do.

There probably will be other icons of interest to Sakurai to add, but whether or not they're on Nintendo already isn't a big factor here. It's whether they already started off a video game character and he can secure the rights without any issues overall. People need to get off the mindset that they need a Nintendo history. They don't. Now, unfortunately many still don't understand this and speculate characters based upon having a Nintendo history despite this. To be fair, SourceGaming did originally mistranslate that bit, so many didn't know the facts. Unfortunately, not many care and concentrate more on the Nintendo part than the gaming history part. :/

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dam WrestleMania 33 crushed my feels.

Thank You Taker

Chrono.

So this year's Mania was a really good show with bad main events.

To recap:
- Bray/Randy was more about SPOOKY than actual wrestling, then Randy won and literally murdered the crowd. I mean they had Bray pin Cena and AJ clean just for this?
- Taker/Roman was awful, Roman had to carry Taker to something watchable and then he won (which was the right choice), but it felt so anticlimactic and Roman is still the same dude. He didn't even work heel in this match like they were building up to. Just awful.
- Goldberg/Lesnar was... Actually the best main event match, bizarre as that sounds. It was fast both got their **** done and it was fun. I have my reservations of Lesnar winning but let's see how it goes.

That being said, it was a really good show. The ****ing Hardyz showed up, AJ and Shane had a great match, Ambrose got his Mania win, Rollins slayed the king. Thought Smackdown looked kinda shoddy here though (aside from AJ/Shane and Dean/Corbin, rest of their matches didn't live up) Taker retiring is sad, and I wish the circumstances of it were better, but it was necessary at this point.

At least the RAW and SD after Mania are always lit.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
**** man. Wrestlemania was indeed a thrill ride for my emotions.

Undertaker's one of my all time favorites, and seeing him go out like this just left me feeling awful. Just watching him struggle to pull off moves that he usually does... it was sad to watch. I knew it had to happen eventually, but I still wasn't prepared for it.

Thanks for everything, Taker.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Looks like I've gotten a good understanding on what's been going on since the end of Knuckles&KnucklesBoards...&Knuckles.

I know I don't post much nowadays, but I do want to see the active discussions this thread sees everyday. Part of the reason why I keep coming back and checking how things are going. I don't really have much to say on the front of say 'Game Progress reports,' mainly because of Uni work, but hopefully I'll stay close to this thread.

Re: Wrestling - there's only one type of wrestling I truly enjoy - it's Sumo wrestling. Just personal preference, and I don't really understand WWE in the first place.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Disregarding some disappointment that other characters may not be getting in for the probable Switch Smash port, I'm actually pretty happy that Female Corrin will get an Amiibo all things considered. Fire Emblem, aside from a handful of Nenderoid figures, get nowhere near the same amount of Merchandise as other Nintendo Franchises like Animal Crossing and Kirby, so more is always nice. Also, getting more merchandise does indicate that the series is expanding in Nintendo's eyes, which gives me high hopes for the series' production values in the future.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Here come the feels.
Man. I was nearly in tears when he put everything in the middle of the ring. That man was apart of my childhood, and it was hard seeing him retire haha.

I will say, he's had one heck of a run. Not other wrestler in history has put that much time into becoming a huge icon. I hope to at least see him in the hall of fame next year.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

To recap:
- Bray/Randy was more about SPOOKY than actual wrestling, then Randy won and literally murdered the crowd. I mean they had Bray pin Cena and AJ clean just for this?
- Taker/Roman was awful, Roman had to carry Taker to something watchable and then he won (which was the right choice), but it felt so anticlimactic and Roman is still the same dude. He didn't even work heel in this match like they were building up to. Just awful.
- Goldberg/Lesnar was... Actually the best main event match, bizarre as that sounds. It was fast both got their **** done and it was fun. I have my reservations of Lesnar winning but let's see how it goes.

That being said, it was a really good show. The ****ing Hardyz showed up, AJ and Shane had a great match, Ambrose got his Mania win, Rollins slayed the king. Thought Smackdown looked kinda shoddy here though (aside from AJ/Shane and Dean/Corbin, rest of their matches didn't live up) Taker retiring is sad, and I wish the circumstances of it were better, but it was necessary at this point.

Blame Pitbull; after he performed everything went to **** :v

Goldberg/Lesnar was nicely handled; just using the signatures and finishers gave a cool brutal impression.

I feel #BROKEN tbh

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There are two images and sides to that WM Main Event

One was an end of an era and a end of a hero to a lot people. A childhood for me that spanned 20 years of service

And the other of a broken man who knows he did the wrong thing, who looked like the passion was gone from his eyes and his career will never be looked at a positive light ever again.....and he's the winner

D

Deleted member

To recap:

I myself didn't see it live until my little brother told me that the Hardy bros were in it. :p Then I just had to watch it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Here come the feels.
Already 1 hour and the attire still remains.... #Legend

There are two images and sides to that WM Main Event

One was an end of an era and a end of a hero to a lot people. A childhood for me that spanned 20 years of service

And the other of a broken man who knows he did the wrong thing, who looked like the passion was gone from his eyes and his career will never be looked at a positive light ever again.....and he's the winner
I was expecting nuclear boos after Roman's pin, but it felt "silent" right?
Im not sure because my stream was kinda bad.

Chrono.

Already 1 hour and the attire still remains.... #Legend

I was expecting nuclear boos after Roman's pin, but it felt "silent" right?
Im not sure because my stream was kinda bad.
Yeah it was silent. I think because it hit them that Taker was retiring right there. lol

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yeah it was silent. I think because it hit them that Taker was retiring right there. lol
Imagine if this silence follows Roman, boos will not affect his career, but getting coldly ignored by the crowd could.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Imagine if this silence follows Roman, boos will not affect his career, but getting coldly ignored by the crowd could.
Worst, imagine if that match alone took everything out of you and your drive as well.

The best thing for Roman is probably a 2-3 month break away from the business and a total character revamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom