• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You've done it now. :mad:
I am the light that shines in the darkness. I am the shadow that blots out the light.

That which is hated, I love. That which is loved, I hate.

Even hipsters cannot comprehend the true form of my existence.

For once I just walked in care of a single fox. But many were oppressed on the path I walked. I raise my blade for all and strike at the darkness that looms. For the king of secondhand bananas has hatched a plot to brainwash all to act exactly as he, and only the power of anime can stop it now.

:p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im super late to the discussion, but lowkey I wanted FemCorn amiibo, dis is a kinda good day.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I personality always hated the getting satisfaction from one character beating up another character thing.

It just doesn't seem healthy.

The Main show of wrestlemania just started

The New Day (The guys that dressed like DBZ characters) just came out with Final Fantasy garb, including Kofi wearing a Moogle on his shoulder while looking like a Red Mage

Final Fantasy. . .at wrestlemania. Hype
:4cloud:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I personality always hated the getting satisfaction from one character beating up another character thing.

It depends on the characters. If the character who gets their ass kicked was an absolute asshole beyond redemption, it's cathartic as hell. In cases like this "NUH UH MY FAVOURITE'S BETTER THAN YOURS"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

And that's half the reason I really don't like Death Battle. And that one thread we are a few doors away from.

D

Deleted member

The same could be said when people get upset over a character they don't like getting good treatment though.

Though there are exceptions, there's some truly bad characters out there, but when they're that bad they don't really get any good treatment anyway.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I understand what you mean.

But if BotW has taught me anything, it's that lots of things are easier to beat up when they drop tasty meat.

Ivander

Smash Legend

For something like favoritism, like in the cases of Death Battle, yeah it's not healthy.

For something like just cause it's cool to see these characters together and being able to fight or team up together, like the whole premise of Smash Bros, I see that as okay. I mean, c'mon. Mario, Sonic, Link, Megaman, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta, Snake and Co. in the same game together? How is that not awesome?
Edit: I know I said Snake, but I meant in a general statement. Mario, Sonic and Snake in the same game counts too.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

It's not, really. I don't even have the energy to keep it up consistently, but characters I like or even just think are OK being dissed tends to provide kindling and a blowtorch and that happens pretty frequently. And it's usually directed at those characters by fans of a handful of franchises, namely the nostalgia "fandoms" of Sonic, Pokemon, Smash, etc. and the DK and Metroid fandoms.

Ironically from what little I've seen of them Retro Studios seems pretty chill, but that leaves me wanting something more to my tastes from them and I fear the internet rage if that happens, LOL. I feel bad for them for the backlash doing anything new is going to get from the groups of fans that tend to shower them with praise.

D

Deleted member

HOLY **** PROJARED'S APRIL FOOLS VIDEO

Sorry but any villain who is built up enough for you to hate them and receives a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown in the end is pure pleasure.
Like Vanilla Ice and Dio in Jojo Part 3.
Or Gilgamesh in Fate/Stay Night

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I found about HF's release date by accident when browsing MAL, guess it'll take sometime for it still

As for Apocrypha, is it a "Grand Order" styled aka "holy **** how many drugs were they in?" or something that resembles the main series more?(As in, the Grail War and stuff)
From the basic premise I read, Apocrypha resembles the main series more. There is no post-apocalyptic setting where they have to travel back in time to past Holy Grail Wars on the behalf of some humanity-conservation facility. This Apocrypha's plot summary from the Type-Moon wiki:
The setting of Fate/Apocrypha is a parallel world to Fate/stay night where the Greater Grail was removed from Fuyki after the Third Holy Grail War disappeared for many years. Around the 2000s, around the same time as the Fifth Holy Grail War would have happened, the group that plundered the Grail, Yggdmillenia, openly declares their secession from the Mage's Association and that they are in possession of the Grail. The Association dispatches fifty magi to retrieve it, but all but one are instantly slaughtered by Lancer of Black. The one remaining manages to activate the reserve system of the Greater Grail, allowing for the summoning of fourteen Servants in total.

This marks the start of the Great Holy Grail War in Trifas, featuring two different factions, the Black Faction (黒の陣営, Kuro no Jinei), whose members are part of Yggdramillennia, and the Red Faction (赤の陣営, Aka no Jinei), whose members were sent by the Mage's Association with the exception of one from the Church The Grail itself also summons Ruler to act as a mediator of the Holy Grail War.

D

Deleted member

Sorry but any villain who is built up enough for you to hate them and receives a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown in the end is pure pleasure.
I think he means in it the context of favoritism. A random example would be FE and DK fans both trying to one up each other.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Usually I just prefer ****ting on the character, if that's what the context calls for. I was working in context of the response, lol. I also don't really understand the "now x can be my punching bag!" comments. Like, I'd rather try and ignore the fact that they're on the roster than see them all the time. Which is why with DLC characters I enjoy the fact that I literally have the option to not put them on my roster. As I chose to do with Corrin.

But inversely picturing a character in Smash doesn't really make me happy, because it's not like I've the ability to alter reality based on my thoughts. It's just kind of bittersweet musing on what could be. Especially when it's a character like Isaac who I then get to be reminded didn't make it in Brawl, didn't make it in Smash 4, didn't get in due to the ballot, didn't get made a costume, got cut as an AT, and almost made it into P:M, but then didn't. Fun times, maaaan.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
HOLY **** PROJARED'S APRIL FOOLS VIDEO

I didn't mean the good guy beating up the bad guy.

I meant it in a "mine is better" sort of way.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
I've got a lil Project I want everyone's opinion on:

Plague Knight Explodes Into Action!

Scientific Stats​

Size: 6

Weight: 5

Ground Speed: 3

Jump: 3

Air Speed: 10

Fall Speed: 4

Traction: 3

Plague Knight makes heavy use of specially prepared bombs. Each of these bombs has a limit on how many can exist at a time. The limit is determined by the bomb's Powder. For example, the Standard Special, the F-Tilt, and the N-Air all use Black Powder, which has a limit of three bombs onscreen at a time. Any bomb-based moves have their Powder marked in bold.

Specials: Prime Your Potions!

Neutral Special – Black Powder

With very little startup, Plague Knight tosses forward a small glass bomb. This bomb bounces twice before exploding. The bomb will also detonate on contact with an enemy. Up to three bombs can exist at once, and tapping B repeatedly allows Plague Knight to throw all three as rapidly as possible. On the ground, the bomb is thrown at a low arc, hitting the ground roughly a Bowser length ahead of Plague Knight. However; using this move in midair causes Plague Knight to throw the bomb down at a 45 degree angle, and at double the speed of the ground throw. This throw also lightly pushes Plague Knight upwards. This Black Powder bomb deals 6% and very little knockback. The Black Powder bomb is Plague Knight's main method of offense, being very quick and reliable.

Side Special – Fleet Flask

Plague Knight pulls out an ominous red potion and quickly downs it. He immediately breaks into a frenzied run, crossing the stage at double his normal dash speed. Running into a foe deals 4% to the foe and trips them. Plague Knight bounces off of them, ending his mad dash. The Fleet Flask dash can be canceled by attempting to turn around. This move is intended to help the somewhat slow Plague Knight escape from aggressive foes.

Up Special – Bomb Burst

Once this move is input, there is a very short window in which its trajectory can be set. Once this window ends, one of Plague Knight's bombs explodes in his satchel, launching him a good distance in the chosen direction at Sonic's dash speed. The explosion is rather small, but deals 7% and KO's at 185%. More importantly, this move can be used up to twice in the air. Much like Bayonetta's Witch Twist, the Bomb Burst does not consume Plague Knight's double jump. Thus, the optimal recovery is Burst-Jump-Burst. After the second use, this move simply cannot be used again until Plague Knight lands. This move does NOT put Plague Knight into helpless, and he can use any of his aerials or other Specials immediately after being launched. This move makes Plague Knight the master of aerial movement, but care must be taken to not launch yourself off the screen.

Down Special – Health Tonic

When Plague Knight spawns, a small counter above his damage percentage indicates that he has three Health Tonics. This move has him quickly down one of them, healing him for 1/3 of his current damage. This aids Plague Knight in survival, but he only gets three per stock. Should you attempt to use this move when Plague Knight is out of Tonics, he'll simply shrug in confusion.

Standards: Bombs Away!

Jab: Plague Knight quickly swipes with his Staff of Striking, dealing 2% and very little knockback. This move has limited range. However, the incredibly quick startup and endlag allow Plague Knight to very quickly repeat the Jab. Great for damage racking in a pinch.

Dash Attack: With nearly no startup, one of Plague Knight's bombs explodes in his satchel. The bomb imbues him with a purple aura and sends him somersaulting through the air in a very low arc. Plague Knight is completely invulnerable while the aura surrounds him, but it wears off once he travels two Bowser lengths. If used with plenty of space, this move launches him three Bowser lengths. Much like his Up Special, this move does not send Plague Knight into helpless if he launches himself off stage. He can act out of this move as soon as the aura wears off and he stops somersaulting. If Plague Knight hits a foe while covered in the aura, he deals 7% and no knockback. He simply phases through the victim, allowing him to hit multiple targets.

F-tilt: Plague Knight tosses forward a Black Powder bomb inside a Whirl Casing. This casing causes the bomb to fly straight forwards a Bowser length before boomeranging back to Plague Knight. This bomb deals identical damage and knockback to the Standard Special.

U-tilt: Plague Knight unleashes a Sparkler Powder bomb in a Float Casing. These Sparkler Powder Bombs do not explode, instead emanating damaging sparks every half second. These sparks deal 5% and temporarily stun their victim. The Float Casing causes this bomb to rise up at an angle until it exits the screen. Only two Sparkler Powder bombs can exist at a time.

D-tilt: Plague Knight quickly detonates a Tracer Powder bomb. This causes two green, Pokéball-sized fireballs to shoot across the stage on either side of him. These fireballs traverse the entire stage, much like a Hothead. They dissipate after 2 seconds. Should a fireball hit a foe, they suffer 6% and knockback comparable to one of Dr. Mario's Megavitamins. Only one Tracer Powder explosion can exist at a time.

Smashes: For Science!

F-Smash: Plague Knight rummages about in his satchel during the charge. Once it's released, he lobs forward the Big Boom, a massive bomb. This bomb explodes in midair, creating a large plus-shaped explosion. The Big Boom deals a frightening 15% and KO's as early as 165%. However, it suffers from some unfortunate startup lag, is fairly easy to see coming, and the explosion can damage Plague Knight if he's not careful. Charging this Smash changes the angle it is thrown at.

U-Smash: While charging, Plague Knight pours bright yellow Cluster Powder into a glass beaker. Once the charge is released, he lobs the newly finished bomb at a high arc. Once this bomb hits a foe or solid surface, it erupts into a series of small explosions, covering an area the size of Kirby. Each explosion deals 3%, with the final explosion launching the victim away with knockback that KO's at 175%. Charging this Smash causes more explosions once the bomb is detonated. At minimum charge, 4 explosions occur, and 8 occur at maximum charge. Only one Cluster Powder bomb can exist at a time.

D-Smash: While charging, Plague Knight plucks bright pink Component Powder Bombs from his satchel. Once the charge is released, he quickly tosses the bombs to the ground in front of him. Charging this move changes its behavior. At minimum charge, Plague Knight only has time to find one bomb. This creates a bright pink explosion roughly twice the size of a Pokéball. This explosion deals 6% and very light knockback. At roughly half charge, Plague Knight throws down two bombs. This creates a pink explosion the size of Electrode. This explosion deals 12% and knockback that KO's at 185%. Finally, maximum charge has Plague Knight toss down three bombs. This causes a massive chemical explosion the size of Bowser. This explosion deals 20% and KO's at 165%. This move has a bit of startup lag, making it somewhat difficult to kill with.

Aerials: Aerial Alchemist

N-Air: Plague Knight quickly tosses a Black Powder bomb in an Orbit Casing. This causes the bomb to orbit his body until it hits a foe or the ground. This bomb deals identical damage and knockback to the Standard Special. By mashing A, Plague Knight can have up to three of these orbiting him.

F-air: A special bomb bursts in Plague Knight's satchel, launching him very slightly backwards and firing a small projectile straight forwards. This projectile has infinite range and deals 4% and negligible knockback.

B-air: Plague Knight swings his satchel behind him. Should he hit a foe, a small explosion occurs, dealing 8% and knockback that KO's at 185%. This explosion also propels Plague Knight forwards a short distance.

U-air: Plague Knight performs a rising thrust with his Staff of Surging. This takes him upwards his own height. This move can only be used once in the air. Should he hit a foe, they suffer 5% and vertical knockback that can KO as early as 180%.

D-air: Plague Knight quickly conjures a massive beaker beneath him. He then rides it as it plummets to the ground, where the bubbling chemicals within it detonate. This explosion covers an area the size of Electrode, deals 10%, and KO's at 170%. Do note: it is very possible to self-destruct with this move.

Grab: Plague Knight awkwardly grasps forward in a very short-ranged grab. Decently quick.

Pummel: Plague Knight smashes a random potion in his opponent's face. This deals 4%, and is reasonably fast.

F-throw: Plague Knight quickly downs Leech Liquid, a blood-colored potion. He then proceeds to wallop the foe repeatedly with his staff, dealing 8% and healing Plague Knight for 8%. This throw does very little knockback.

B-throw: Plague Knight suddenly vanishes in a chemical explosion before reappearing behind his foe. He then bashes them over the head with his satchel, dealing 7% and leaving them prone.

U-throw: Plague Knight uppercuts the foe with his Staff of Surging. This deals 8% and vertical knockback that can KO at 185%. This throw leaves Plague Knight airborne.

D-throw: Plague Knight roughly drops the foe before casually dropping a Black Powder bomb on them. This deals the same damage and knockback as the Standard Special. This throw can be used even if there are three Black Powder bombs on stage.

Final Smash: The Ultimate Potion

Plague Knight holds aloft the Smash Ball as glowing balls of energy fly out of each opponent. These energy balls quickly merge with the Smash Ball and morph into a rainbow potion in a massive, ornate bottle. This bottle hovers above Plague Knight for a moment before he tosses a bomb at it. This causes the Ultimate Potion to erupt into an absolutely massive explosion, big enough to cover 3/4 of Final Destination. This explosion deals 50% and KO's at 160%.

Extras: Hee Hee Hee!

Up Taunt: Plague Knight dramatically pulls a straw from his satchel and plunges it into the potion he carries. He takes a sip, then stows the straw away.

Side Taunt: Plague Knight jumps up and down, pumping his fists with glee.

Down Taunt: Plague Knight slowly waltzes about the stage, wandering back and forth. This taunt is endless, and can be canceled at any time.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
But anime is inherently evil though.

Why else do you think we ended up with 6 FE reps?
Because the power of cold blooded malice was that strong. It was the only thing we could do to hold it back. *somber anime background*

Also something something fanfiction. Have you seen how much attention FE characters get from people compared to nearly everyone else there?

For that matter, Isaac is anime and I voted for him on the Ballot because he was anime (and had a fun moveset selection from what I could tell. . .and anime) and the fandom crushed all my hopes for the character I actually wanted.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, since I'm lazy af I'm just gonna ask. Why is the last amiibo likely to be F!Corrin? Something about Echoes or Woolly World 3DS or somethin'?

D

Deleted member

From the basic premise I read, Apocrypha resembles the main series more. There is no post-apocalyptic setting where they have to travel back in time to past Holy Grail Wars on the behalf of some humanity-conservation facility. This Apocrypha's plot summary from the Type-Moon wiki:
>14 Servants
Oh man, that means more 14 Masters, god I hope I'm able to remember who is who.
Though the way it's described, it seems more of a war between two factions rather than a battle royale, I'll wait to see how it's done.
Also, I'll finally be able to see a non-Arturia Saber animated, yay

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, that's the general basis last time I checked. The only thing it doesn't mention is Ruler.
A.K.A Joan of Arc.
@Shishœ
Just to mention ahead of time though, don't try to expect much in terms of characters like say FE Fates or any game/anime/story that involves 2 sides fighting each other and it shows the viewpoints of both sides and showing a diverse set of characters. I don't know how the anime will handle it, but in the book basically, the Red Faction's Masters are non-existent(AKA Fodder) except for two, the Master of Red Faction Saber and the Master of Red Faction Assassin. Also, by what I heard, a whole bunch of characters die early. I'm just saying, try to lower your expectations.
Also, I'll finally be able to see a non-Arturia Saber animated, yay
:smirk:.........:chuckle:

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
For that matter, Isaac is anime and I voted for him on the Ballot because he was anime (and had a fun moveset selection from what I could tell. . .and anime) and the fandom crushed all my hopes for the character I actually wanted.
Isaac is the good type of anime though.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just found out there is a second trailer for the Fate/Apocrypha anime, but it can't be watched on Youtube because it was blocked from all countries outside of Japan. Luckily, it was uploaded on Dailymotion, so I watched it there.

Here's the link to the second Fate/Apocrypha Trailer: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5g8a4u

That soundtrack though!

D

Deleted member

Just to mention ahead of time though, don't try to expect much in terms of characters like say FE Fates or any game/anime/story that involves 2 sides fighting each other and it shows the viewpoints of both sides and showing a diverse set of characters. I don't know how the anime will handle it, but in the book basically, the Red Faction's Masters are non-existent(AKA Fodder) except for two, the Master of Red Faction Saber and the Master of Red Faction Assassin. Also, by what I heard, a whole bunch of characters die early. I'm just saying, try to lower your expectations.
I expected more in terms of fight scenes, as it'd open for more 2v2 battles between Servants which is actually something a series with RPG classes as its main characters should do more
:smirk:.........:chuckle:
50 ****ing bucks it's Arturia Saber with the good guys and (Male)Arthur Saber for the bad guys
I JUST FEEL IT

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Main show of wrestlemania just started

The New Day (The guys that dressed like DBZ characters) just came out with Final Fantasy garb, including Kofi wearing a Moogle on his shoulder while looking like a Red Mage

Final Fantasy. . .at wrestlemania. Hype
:4cloud:
Knights of the Round should be a wrestling move.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hope my cousins in San Francisco didn't see GameXplain posting that. They hated Bad Fur Day so much, they destroyed their cartridge copy of the game with a chainsaw.
I don't believe you.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I hope my cousins in San Francisco didn't see GameXplain posting that. They hated Bad Fur Day so much, they destroyed their cartridge copy of the game with a chainsaw.
Your cousins seem to be pretty mature.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Isaac = Good Anime

FE = Bad Anime
So blonde spiky hair = Good anime? Does that mean Cloud = Good anime? And that includes AC Cloud. :smirk:
I expected more in terms of fight scenes, as it'd open for more 2v2 battles between Servants which is actually something a series with RPG classes as its main characters should do more

50 ****ing bucks it's Arturia Saber with the good guys and (Male)Arthur Saber for the bad guys
I JUST FEEL IT
I can't remember the fight scenes other than the major ones, so you might get your wish of some 2 or more Vs. 2 or More battles. I don't think there was alot though.

Also, you're wrong on both accounts, but relax, one is definitely not Arturia and is an original Saber.
The other one isn't Arturia either. It's Mordred. A.K.A Arturia's clone daughter. But relax, Mordred has a much different personality from Arturia. She's a fresh breath of air from serious business Arturia.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The hate for FE is weird. If you're mad there are so many FE characters in Smash, you have to option to reduce that amount by two. If you're mad it's getting so many games, don't buy those games. If you're mad IS isn't working on stuff instead of FE keep in mind Paper Mario games are pretty bad these days and Advance Wars was dormant before FE even took off. If you're mad that the waifus have invaded play without support conversations. If you don't like the fanbase don't engage them.

FE isn't really my thing, I only usually play one FE game every four or five years, and I do think the Smash roster needs to chill with the FE, but **** isn't as terrible as its made out to be.

Plus we all know Dark Pit is the worst thing to happen to Smash since tripping. xD

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Including the FE with Roy in it? :)
There are some exceptions to the rule. Only the FE I find acceptable and just.

Corn isn't apart of that. I hate Corn. It tastes disgusting. Except for Popcorn.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So blonde spiky hair = Good anime? Does that mean Cloud = Good anime? And that includes AC Cloud. :smirk:[/SPOILER]
I was just about to agree with you until you mentioned AC Cloud.

Darn you.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I've got a lil Project I want everyone's opinion on:

Plague Knight Explodes Into Action!

Scientific Stats​

Size: 6

Weight: 5

Ground Speed: 3

Jump: 3

Air Speed: 10

Fall Speed: 4

Traction: 3

Plague Knight makes heavy use of specially prepared bombs. Each of these bombs has a limit on how many can exist at a time. The limit is determined by the bomb's Powder. For example, the Standard Special, the F-Tilt, and the N-Air all use Black Powder, which has a limit of three bombs onscreen at a time. Any bomb-based moves have their Powder marked in bold.

Specials: Prime Your Potions!

Neutral Special – Black Powder

With very little startup, Plague Knight tosses forward a small glass bomb. This bomb bounces twice before exploding. The bomb will also detonate on contact with an enemy. Up to three bombs can exist at once, and tapping B repeatedly allows Plague Knight to throw all three as rapidly as possible. On the ground, the bomb is thrown at a low arc, hitting the ground roughly a Bowser length ahead of Plague Knight. However; using this move in midair causes Plague Knight to throw the bomb down at a 45 degree angle, and at double the speed of the ground throw. This throw also lightly pushes Plague Knight upwards. This Black Powder bomb deals 6% and very little knockback. The Black Powder bomb is Plague Knight's main method of offense, being very quick and reliable.

Side Special – Fleet Flask

Plague Knight pulls out an ominous red potion and quickly downs it. He immediately breaks into a frenzied run, crossing the stage at double his normal dash speed. Running into a foe deals 4% to the foe and trips them. Plague Knight bounces off of them, ending his mad dash. The Fleet Flask dash can be canceled by attempting to turn around. This move is intended to help the somewhat slow Plague Knight escape from aggressive foes.

Up Special – Bomb Burst

Once this move is input, there is a very short window in which its trajectory can be set. Once this window ends, one of Plague Knight's bombs explodes in his satchel, launching him a good distance in the chosen direction at Sonic's dash speed. The explosion is rather small, but deals 7% and KO's at 185%. More importantly, this move can be used up to twice in the air. Much like Bayonetta's Witch Twist, the Bomb Burst does not consume Plague Knight's double jump. Thus, the optimal recovery is Burst-Jump-Burst. After the second use, this move simply cannot be used again until Plague Knight lands. This move does NOT put Plague Knight into helpless, and he can use any of his aerials or other Specials immediately after being launched. This move makes Plague Knight the master of aerial movement, but care must be taken to not launch yourself off the screen.

Down Special – Health Tonic

When Plague Knight spawns, a small counter above his damage percentage indicates that he has three Health Tonics. This move has him quickly down one of them, healing him for 1/3 of his current damage. This aids Plague Knight in survival, but he only gets three per stock. Should you attempt to use this move when Plague Knight is out of Tonics, he'll simply shrug in confusion.

Standards: Bombs Away!

Jab: Plague Knight quickly swipes with his Staff of Striking, dealing 2% and very little knockback. This move has limited range. However, the incredibly quick startup and endlag allow Plague Knight to very quickly repeat the Jab. Great for damage racking in a pinch.

Dash Attack: With nearly no startup, one of Plague Knight's bombs explodes in his satchel. The bomb imbues him with a purple aura and sends him somersaulting through the air in a very low arc. Plague Knight is completely invulnerable while the aura surrounds him, but it wears off once he travels two Bowser lengths. If used with plenty of space, this move launches him three Bowser lengths. Much like his Up Special, this move does not send Plague Knight into helpless if he launches himself off stage. He can act out of this move as soon as the aura wears off and he stops somersaulting. If Plague Knight hits a foe while covered in the aura, he deals 7% and no knockback. He simply phases through the victim, allowing him to hit multiple targets.

F-tilt: Plague Knight tosses forward a Black Powder bomb inside a Whirl Casing. This casing causes the bomb to fly straight forwards a Bowser length before boomeranging back to Plague Knight. This bomb deals identical damage and knockback to the Standard Special.

U-tilt: Plague Knight unleashes a Sparkler Powder bomb in a Float Casing. These Sparkler Powder Bombs do not explode, instead emanating damaging sparks every half second. These sparks deal 5% and temporarily stun their victim. The Float Casing causes this bomb to rise up at an angle until it exits the screen. Only two Sparkler Powder bombs can exist at a time.

D-tilt: Plague Knight quickly detonates a Tracer Powder bomb. This causes two green, Pokéball-sized fireballs to shoot across the stage on either side of him. These fireballs traverse the entire stage, much like a Hothead. They dissipate after 2 seconds. Should a fireball hit a foe, they suffer 6% and knockback comparable to one of Dr. Mario's Megavitamins. Only one Tracer Powder explosion can exist at a time.

Smashes: For Science!

F-Smash: Plague Knight rummages about in his satchel during the charge. Once it's released, he lobs forward the Big Boom, a massive bomb. This bomb explodes in midair, creating a large plus-shaped explosion. The Big Boom deals a frightening 15% and KO's as early as 165%. However, it suffers from some unfortunate startup lag, is fairly easy to see coming, and the explosion can damage Plague Knight if he's not careful. Charging this Smash changes the angle it is thrown at.

U-Smash: While charging, Plague Knight pours bright yellow Cluster Powder into a glass beaker. Once the charge is released, he lobs the newly finished bomb at a high arc. Once this bomb hits a foe or solid surface, it erupts into a series of small explosions, covering an area the size of Kirby. Each explosion deals 3%, with the final explosion launching the victim away with knockback that KO's at 175%. Charging this Smash causes more explosions once the bomb is detonated. At minimum charge, 4 explosions occur, and 8 occur at maximum charge. Only one Cluster Powder bomb can exist at a time.

D-Smash: While charging, Plague Knight plucks bright pink Component Powder Bombs from his satchel. Once the charge is released, he quickly tosses the bombs to the ground in front of him. Charging this move changes its behavior. At minimum charge, Plague Knight only has time to find one bomb. This creates a bright pink explosion roughly twice the size of a Pokéball. This explosion deals 6% and very light knockback. At roughly half charge, Plague Knight throws down two bombs. This creates a pink explosion the size of Electrode. This explosion deals 12% and knockback that KO's at 185%. Finally, maximum charge has Plague Knight toss down three bombs. This causes a massive chemical explosion the size of Bowser. This explosion deals 20% and KO's at 165%. This move has a bit of startup lag, making it somewhat difficult to kill with.

Aerials: Aerial Alchemist

N-Air: Plague Knight quickly tosses a Black Powder bomb in an Orbit Casing. This causes the bomb to orbit his body until it hits a foe or the ground. This bomb deals identical damage and knockback to the Standard Special. By mashing A, Plague Knight can have up to three of these orbiting him.

F-air: A special bomb bursts in Plague Knight's satchel, launching him very slightly backwards and firing a small projectile straight forwards. This projectile has infinite range and deals 4% and negligible knockback.

B-air: Plague Knight swings his satchel behind him. Should he hit a foe, a small explosion occurs, dealing 8% and knockback that KO's at 185%. This explosion also propels Plague Knight forwards a short distance.

U-air: Plague Knight performs a rising thrust with his Staff of Surging. This takes him upwards his own height. This move can only be used once in the air. Should he hit a foe, they suffer 5% and vertical knockback that can KO as early as 180%.

D-air: Plague Knight quickly conjures a massive beaker beneath him. He then rides it as it plummets to the ground, where the bubbling chemicals within it detonate. This explosion covers an area the size of Electrode, deals 10%, and KO's at 170%. Do note: it is very possible to self-destruct with this move.

Grab: Plague Knight awkwardly grasps forward in a very short-ranged grab. Decently quick.

Pummel: Plague Knight smashes a random potion in his opponent's face. This deals 4%, and is reasonably fast.

F-throw: Plague Knight quickly downs Leech Liquid, a blood-colored potion. He then proceeds to wallop the foe repeatedly with his staff, dealing 8% and healing Plague Knight for 8%. This throw does very little knockback.

B-throw: Plague Knight suddenly vanishes in a chemical explosion before reappearing behind his foe. He then bashes them over the head with his satchel, dealing 7% and leaving them prone.

U-throw: Plague Knight uppercuts the foe with his Staff of Surging. This deals 8% and vertical knockback that can KO at 185%. This throw leaves Plague Knight airborne.

D-throw: Plague Knight roughly drops the foe before casually dropping a Black Powder bomb on them. This deals the same damage and knockback as the Standard Special. This throw can be used even if there are three Black Powder bombs on stage.

Final Smash: The Ultimate Potion

Plague Knight holds aloft the Smash Ball as glowing balls of energy fly out of each opponent. These energy balls quickly merge with the Smash Ball and morph into a rainbow potion in a massive, ornate bottle. This bottle hovers above Plague Knight for a moment before he tosses a bomb at it. This causes the Ultimate Potion to erupt into an absolutely massive explosion, big enough to cover 3/4 of Final Destination. This explosion deals 50% and KO's at 160%.

Extras: Hee Hee Hee!

Up Taunt: Plague Knight dramatically pulls a straw from his satchel and plunges it into the potion he carries. He takes a sip, then stows the straw away.

Side Taunt: Plague Knight jumps up and down, pumping his fists with glee.

Down Taunt: Plague Knight slowly waltzes about the stage, wandering back and forth. This taunt is endless, and can be canceled at any time.
I'm likely the last person on the planet with a worthwhile opinion on this, but I did have some thoughts so I typed them up anyway.

Remember the immensely scrubby source, and please feel free to ignore the lot of it.

It's clever, but potion management seems honestly very, very complicated when he starts doing it with every tilt and tumble. First instinct is limiting potions that remain as separate entities to specials, and tuning his tilts and smash attacks as disjoints.

Also having three bombs rapid-fire on his standard special, when his up special tunes him well for aerial combat, raises a concern that he'd be an utter nightmare to approach for anyone who isn't an air master themselves. Perhaps this can be adjusted in the same vein by having each he throws regenerate on the backend, i.e. when he throws one it takes approximately a few seconds to respawn. This would be independent of how many he throws; the others would just stay in his pack. This gives him something like a cooldown if he gets trigger happy, which would offer a vulnerable window where he can be approached. One projectile with a lower respawn timer is another option, offering consistency but still an approach. Or maybe I'm worried for nothing, and consistent approaching can be done even without adjustment. I mean people get in on Pika all the time. I'd have to see it in action.

I actually feel like perhaps his F-throw could be a command grab instead, replacing Down special, in the same vein as Robin's Nosferatu. Or maybe the Leech potion could just be downed instead for Down specials. I feel like rewarding the Plague Knight player for getting in and mixing it up would be better than a stock health boost regardless.

Waltz taunting would lead to an entirely new taunt meta. I welcome it with open arms.

So, since I'm lazy af I'm just gonna ask. Why is the last amiibo likely to be F!Corrin? Something about Echoes or Woolly World 3DS or somethin'?
Something was mentioned regarding F!Corrin-related amiibo functionality in Echoes.

Can't go back and find the tweet because I'm lazy too.

I don't believe you.
It's true.

Ask his girlfriend in Canada.

There are some exceptions to the rule. Only the FE I find acceptable and just.

Corn isn't apart of that. I hate Corn. It tastes disgusting. Except for Popcorn.
Scuse me.
avi_popcorn_bag.png

Did you say popcorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom