• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The hate for FE is weird. If you're mad there are so many FE characters in Smash, you have to option to reduce that amount by two. If you're mad it's getting so many games, don't buy those games. If you're mad IS isn't working on stuff instead of FE keep in mind Paper Mario games are pretty bad these days and Advance Wars was dormant before FE even took off. If you're mad that the waifus have invaded play without support conversations. If you don't like the fanbase don't engage them.

FE isn't really my thing, I only usually play one FE game every four or five years, and I do think the Smash roster needs to chill with the FE, but **** isn't as terrible as its made out to be.

Plus we all know Dark Pit is the worst thing to happen to Smash since tripping. xD
He's mad that Fire Emblem is more popular than "muh Advance Wars".

Ivander

Smash Legend
There are some exceptions to the rule. Only the FE I find acceptable and just.

Corn isn't apart of that. I hate Corn. It tastes disgusting. Except for Popcorn.

You mean this PopCorn?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The value of a Conker's Bad Fur Day game can go from $45 to $400 depending on the condition of the cart and packaging.
An average chainsaw costs around $200.

Ok, then.

I always forget ho good Kevin Owen is until I see him in action

"Kevin Owens was only able to save his opportunity with a knuckle"

Smashboards predicted one of the spots of a wrestlemania match

D

Deleted member

So blonde spiky hair = Good anime? Does that mean Cloud = Good anime? And that includes AC Cloud. :smirk:

I can't remember the fight scenes other than the major ones, so you might get your wish of some 2 or more Vs. 2 or More battles. I don't think there was alot though.

Also, you're wrong on both accounts, but relax, one is definitely not Arturia and is an original Saber.
The other one isn't Arturia either. It's Mordred. A.K.A Arturia's clone daughter. But relax, Mordred has a much different personality from Arturia. She's a fresh breath of air from serious business Arturia.
I mean, I love Arturia Saber and all but I also want to see other historical figures using the Saber class
Mordred sounds cool tho
I know that she's not like Arturia, even just considering actual Arhurian Literature, Mordred was a ****
Just found out there is a second trailer for the Fate/Apocrypha anime, but it can't be watched on Youtube because it was blocked from all countries outside of Japan. Luckily, it was uploaded on Dailymotion, so I watched it there.

Here's the link to the second Fate/Apocrypha Trailer: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5g8a4u

That soundtrack though!
I actually found it on Youtube
https://youtu.be/dgTO2vFWBEA

Anyways, dunno if it was a typo on your first post but you had said Apocrypha is a movie, but MAL says it's "TV" which means it's a whole series

Also
>A-1 Pictures
It's less that it's not ufotable and more of it being A-1 itself.
I loved Erased last year so I'll give them a chance though.

D

Deleted member

OOOH I BET YOU WISH YOU COULD'VE WRITTEN ISAAC THERE

I wish you could've too. :cry:
At least Isaac hasn't given me reason to hate him. :V
At worst he's just "meh" and I couldn't care less about him.

Though I could technically still say Isaac was the worst thing to happen to Smash and Sakurai rectified that mistake by getting rid of him as an AT if you want me to....

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't know, but I don't think they would have cared either. They made it pretty clear that the game didn't share a similar sense of humor with them.
It was so unfunny to them that they destroyed something that is worth atleast double now. Ok then.

Lol wrestling is all I care about today. Still excited about the battle royale results
Start was booked perfectly with a wrestler who many dont think is that good

Nia Jax looks tough as hell, but got eliminated early so we can basically get a great Triple treat match people wanted
Now to finish watching that match

EDIT NVM Sasha got eliminated so fast this is basically another singles match ZZZ

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, since I'm lazy af I'm just gonna ask. Why is the last amiibo likely to be F!Corrin? Something about Echoes or Woolly World 3DS or somethin'?
A website that hosts amiibo data for people to download and use illegitmately has a "second variation" of the Corrin amiibo, where internally, the amiibo is considered the same character and will share functionality with the first edition in most games, but it has an extra bit of code in it's NFC tag that allows it to be read as a separate character of it's own in games that choose to use it that way.

Some other characters that are variations of other amiibo characters like Dr. Mario, Rosalina & Luma, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, and more, also have a similar system in place.

I would link the site with the data but it also allows you to download the data for characters already released and use them without their physical figures, which is piracy.

Here's the description though.

These are manually crafted .bin that scan as the unreleased Corrin amiibo, and the unannounced/unreleased Corrin (F) amiibo.

Note: These aren't actually usable in any released game, as of 03/31/17. They will, however, be supported in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia to summon Illusory Corrin/Corrin F heroes.

Also note: Corrin uses its official numbering ID (0x025A), while Corrin F (as an unannounced amiibo) uses the placeholder numbering ID 0x0000.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think I'll just go with Sakurai's criteria for the time being.

Are they a character that originated in a video game? Have they been playable in a game on Nintendo systems? OK, I'll get used to it eventually.

I read the interviews. Sakurai didn't give too much of a crud about Nintendo relation when adding Cloud, but Cloud being playable on spinoff games on Nintendo systems actually did set his mind at ease when he otherwise would have been somewhat uncomfortable adding a character COMPLETELY foreign to Nintendo systems.

Yes, the spinoff games actually count. The criteria doesn't say WHAT game on Nintendo systems. :p

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
I'm likely the last person on the planet with a worthwhile opinion on this, but I did have some thoughts so I typed them up anyway.

Remember the immensely scrubby source, and please feel free to ignore the lot of it.

It's clever, but potion management seems honestly very, very complicated when he starts doing it with every tilt and tumble. First instinct is limiting potions that remain as separate entities to specials, and tuning his tilts and smash attacks as disjoints.

Also having three bombs rapid-fire on his standard special, when his up special tunes him well for aerial combat, raises a concern that he'd be an utter nightmare to approach for anyone who isn't an air master themselves. Perhaps this can be adjusted in the same vein by having each he throws regenerate on the backend, i.e. when he throws one it takes approximately a few seconds to respawn. This would be independent of how many he throws; the others would just stay in his pack. This gives him something like a cooldown if he gets trigger happy, which would offer a vulnerable window where he can be approached. One projectile with a lower respawn timer is another option, offering consistency but still an approach. Or maybe I'm worried for nothing, and consistent approaching can be done even without adjustment. I mean people get in on Pika all the time. I'd have to see it in action.

I actually feel like perhaps his F-throw could be a command grab instead, replacing Down special, in the same vein as Robin's Nosferatu. Or maybe the Leech potion could just be downed instead for Down specials. I feel like rewarding the Plague Knight player for getting in and mixing it up would be better than a stock health boost regardless.

Waltz taunting would lead to an entirely new taunt meta. I welcome it with open arms.
I appreciate your comments! Allow me to address them one by one:

•I wondered if the Powder system would be too confusing. I have a solution: have any non-Black Powder bombs immediately detonate if Plague Knight attempts to create another. This way, there's no management required.

•As for Plague's aerial control, this was intentional. In the source game, Plague is a nightmare in the air; my intention was to carry this into Smash. I do feel that he may be TOO powerful though. I think I'll lower his weight a bit.

•I have to agree with you regarding the Leech Liquid. I believe I'll remove the Health Tonic system and have Leech Liquid as his Down Special. I'll have to give it a cooldown so Plague isn't constantly topping his health off. My original thoughts were that Health Tonic is a major element of Plague of Shadows that needed to be referenced, but I really like the idea of Leech Liquid as a Special.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I mean, I love Arturia Saber and all but I also want to see other historical figures using the Saber class
Mordred sounds cool tho
I know that she's not like Arturia, even just considering actual Arhurian Literature, Mordred was a ****
Grand Order and Strange Fake are the only other things I've seen that don't use a character that looks like Arturia.
-Grand Order because Gacha(even if a good amount of Sabers are either Arthur or look like her sadly). -
Strange Fake cause the original "Choose your own Adventure" fanfiction had no Saber, with the Player character being a sort of "Psuedo-Summoner Master" that uses Command Seals to summon different heroes.
-The official adaption of Strange Fake using an original Saber, despite apparently having Excalibur as a Noble Phantasm and looking somewhat like Prototype Arthur and including the fact that Saber's Master is Ayaka from Prototype being added to the Holy Grail War timeline.
Just remember that Fate doesn't fully follow all lore, much like Marvel or DC, and adds in a bit of it's own mix. This applies to Mordred too.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
At least Isaac hasn't given me reason to hate him. :V
At worst he's just "meh" and I couldn't care less about him.

Though I could technically still say Isaac was the worst thing to happen to Smash and Sakurai rectified that mistake by getting rid of him as an AT if you want me to....
Oh, do you genuinely hate Cloud?

Cloud is my main and my fav character but I've never spent any time extolling him. Or supporting him prior to his inclusion. Or speaking against those who didn't like his inclusion. Or thinking that he's definitely going to return. I even cut him on my Smash 5 roster, if you remember. I've invested very little into the character. Pretty much just $5.99. So feel free to **** on him. Lots of people did, some of my irl friends still do; he's a divisive dude.

But at least he's not DARK PIT! :joyful:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
****ING BR9THER NERO AND BROKEN MATT AT WRESTLEMANIA

IM LOSING MY MIND

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
****ING HARDYS RETURN AND IM MISSING IT

F M L
M
L

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I still say Goku should be allowed in Smash.
I would say that it's not as simple as Nintendo not wanting to, the reason they have that rule in the first place is because often non video game characters and anime characters in particular have several owners to the rights across the world and Nintendo would have to get permission from ALL of them.

That and I'm guessing when they looked into James Bond they saw something they didn't like, LOL.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I would say that it's not as simple as Nintendo not wanting to, the reason they have that rule in the first place is because often non video game characters and anime characters in particular have several owners to the rights across the world and Nintendo would have to get permission from ALL of them.

That and I'm guessing when they looked into James Bond they saw something they didn't like, LOL.
Hey a guy can dream.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Today was a handful, and you guys made that job hard. Rydia, Cecil, and Kain were all tied. So I had to play Bill's favorite game once again to pick the main character as the true winner. Lay off the ties, while you?

Anyways, there will be a bit more Final Fantasy IV characters before we move on to V tomorrow (@Blue_Sword_Edge). These characters include a spoony bard and his friends (one being Cecil's girlfriend) along with the main bad guy that become playable in a sequel. Your choices are Edward, Yang, Golbez, and Rosa.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not watching Wrestlemania.

The product has been boring nowadays.

D

Deleted member

Oh, do you genuinely hate Cloud?

Cloud is my main and my fav character but I've never spent any time extolling him. Or supporting him prior to his inclusion. Or speaking against those who didn't like his inclusion. Or thinking that he's definitely going to return. I even cut him on my Smash 5 roster, if you remember. I've invested very little into the character. Pretty much just $5.99. So feel free to **** on him. Lots of people did, some of my irl friends still do; he's a divisive dude.

But at least he's not DARK PIT! :joyful:
I didn't always hate Cloud.
When he was revealed, I was like "Him? Didn't see that coming."
When he was released, I was like "Huh, he seems a bit fun to use."

....then came the onslaught of Clouds that I'd constantly lose to within short timeframe, and I'm not even talking about For Glory.

Sad to say, I've been permanently soured in regards to him after that. The salt is nowhere near as high as it was for the first few months since then, but I can never not dislike seeing him in a match.

I'd gladly take on Dark Pit over Cloud since I'm not one to hate on characters merely for existing. They have to give me a good reason to hate.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Meanwhile, back in the 80s/early 90s you could have Batman, Godzilla, and Spiderman all in one game.(Though in later versions Godzilla was changed to a skeleton of Godzilla and Batman was changed to the point where he looked more like a literal bat man. But spiderman's coloring was changed to look exactly like spiderman's coloring, well, until eventually he was turned completely pink.)

Edit: Also, there's the terminator, who turns into the incredible hulk when he's angry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Today was a handful, and you guys made that job hard. Rydia, Cecil, and Kain were all tied. So I had to play Bill's favorite game once again to pick the main character as the true winner. Lay off the ties, while you?

Anyways, there will be a bit more Final Fantasy IV characters before we move on to V tomorrow (@Blue_Sword_Edge). These characters include a spoony bard and his friends (one being Cecil's girlfriend) along with the main bad guy that become playable in a sequel. Your choices are Edward, Yang, Golbez, and Rosa.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Ah "spoony bard". The most cringeworthy line to ever exist in a Final Fantasy game.

D

Deleted member

I still don't get why you guys are overreacting so much over a plastic toy that's really not worth its price that it warrants a thread title change
Grand Order and Strange Fake are the only other things I've seen that don't use a character that looks like Arturia.
-Grand Order because Gacha(even if a good amount of Sabers are either Arthur or look like her sadly). -
Strange Fake cause the original "Choose your own Adventure" fanfiction had no Saber, with the Player character being a sort of "Psuedo-Summoner Master" that uses Command Seals to summon different heroes.
-The official adaption of Strange Fake using an original Saber, despite apparently having Excalibur as a Noble Phantasm and looking somewhat like Prototype Arthur and including the fact that Saber's Master is Ayaka from Prototype being added to the Holy Grail War timeline.
Just remember that Fate doesn't fully follow all lore, much like Marvel or DC, and adds in a bit of it's own mix. This applies to Mordred too.
Strange Fake's Saber is "Not-Arturia except not really" basically

Not only would that be impossible considering all the missing and/or contradicting information these myths have, it also allows for their own take on the legends, which Arturia is the most obvious example

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm pretty sure Robin and Corrin will get both their Male and Female variants in Warriors as costume variants. Hyrule Warriors had those and so do other Warriors games.

The only games that have picked one over the other to date is Codename STEAM and Fates, with you only being able to use Male Robin in both games since Male Robin is the only one with an amiibo. They haven't done this with Corrin yet, always having both versions represented, and since both are apparently getting amiibo, this will likely remain the case.
If it were me only male Robin and female Corrin would be in story at the least. I really hate female Robin tho, so I wouldn't mind if she appeared just so she could die

Angle coming out to hear his YOU SUCK chant again
My boy mojo winning the ARMBAR (Moment of the night for me)
Cesaro And sheamus entrance
Aries and neville match
Jericho and Owens match
That ladder match that had the ****ing Hardyz in it (Im shocked Jeff can still do giant ladder jumps like that)

This has been a fantastic wrestlemania and i've loved every minute (that wasn't a commercial)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I didn't always hate Cloud.
When he was revealed, I was like "Him? Didn't see that coming."
When he was released, I was like "Huh, he seems a bit fun to use."

....then came the onslaught of Clouds that I'd constantly lose to within short timeframe, and I'm not even talking about For Glory.

Sad to say, I've been permanently soured in regards to him after that. The salt is nowhere near as high as it was for the first few months since then, but I can never not dislike seeing him in a match.

I'd gladly take on Dark Pit over Cloud since I'm not one to hate on characters merely for existing. They have to give me a good reason to hate.
Sounds like you just need to git gud...:troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom