• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
You've got some serious entitlement issues going on here.

Robin didn't get two versions because male Robin was generally more popular among Fire Emblem fans (look at his Heroes placement compared to Female Robin). Conversely, female Corrin was always more popular outside Smash AND in Smash. She got a figma and a Nendoroid while the male version didn't, and placed high on the Heroes poll when Male Corrin did a pitiful job.

It makes perfect sense for Female Corrin to get an amiibo over all the other alt characters because her popularity eclipses that of the default male version.

The fact that you're using words like "deserving" while calling this possible news "disgusting" speaks to your entitlement. Nintendo owes you nothing. Smash for Switch was never a guarantee, and hell, this doesn't even debunk it. Female Corrin sells, so they gave her an amiibo. It's not rocket science. You whining about it isn't changing that. You put yourself in this position by refusing to listen when others said this was a distinct possibility.
Apparently.... these entitlement issues have corrupted my mind based off what I've seen today.

And I always thought one or the other was favored by fans... guess I learned something new. And yes, I know she did; that's why I suggested people should purchase the figma and Nendoroid to get their experience of having figures of Female Corrin. I wasn't expecting it to go that far.

The male version was never that popular, huh? Then again, I've known about that for a while, but never the true reason as to why.

Perhaps the buildup from all this stress of having to witness Fire Emblem mentioned here more often then not has led to my use of the words "deserving" and "disgusting" as this appeared to be the tipping point for my frustration. And yes, Nintendo never owed me or anyone else everything; that was their choice. I admit to being entitled from my words, and that is something I now feel ashamed for. What I need... is probably to just get out of here for an unknown amount of time, perhaps never return as to free people from my shameful acts of entitlement and random spouts of nonsense. This to me does not feel like overreacting.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Gotta think of it from a functionality standpoint.
There's nothing big they can really be used for currently except Smash, where'd they function the exact same as the Bowser Jr. amiibo.
They could've been used for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Who knows, maybe they could all appear in the next Mario Party~

But agreed nonetheless. They should be among the Super Mario line, yes, but there's no reason to make them just yet. These aren't just "fun figures" but actually have a use beyond looking pretty. So of course many won't get amiibo for a while.

D

Deleted member

They could've been used for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Who knows, maybe they could all appear in the next Mario Party~

But agreed nonetheless. They should be among the Super Mario line, yes, but there's no reason to make them just yet. These aren't just "fun figures" but actually have a use beyond looking pretty. So of course many won't get amiibo for a while.
A lot of currently existing amiibo could've been used for new Mii Costumes, but aren't. Only the Inklings give a new Splatoon one.
Which I find stupid. Why none of the newer Mario line amiibo (Waluigi, Daisy, Boo) or Bowser Jr. since he's been added as a racer like the Inklings?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Alright. Just have to wait for more games where they would have real functionality. Even if they are minimal, I can understand the functionality is a big importance for an Amiibo's production than just looking cool.

D

Deleted member

While I'm at it, why does Bowser Jr. not have a Mario series amiibo yet.....?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I really wonder this too. All more of a reason why there should be a Season 3 of them.

He may have missed the boat for Mario Kart 8, but he's got Mario Tennis Ultra Smash at aleast (even if it was a rushed game).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm guessing they're saving him for Season 3 but we're running out of main Mario characters.

Only big ones I can think of that appear in all the crossovers are Birdo, Toadette and Shy Guy. And the the only enormous one I can think of is Petey Piranha (har-har)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Perhaps the buildup from all this stress of having to witness Fire Emblem mentioned here more often then not has led to my use of the words "deserving" and "disgusting" as this appeared to be the tipping point for my frustration.
It is not that hard to ignore things you dont like. I dont understand how people talking about what they like would anger you to the point of having this grudge on Fire Emblem and everything related.

You dont like it, ok thats fine but really..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The best part: More Knuckles supporters appeared because of the joke. :p
The joke reminded me how much I was disappointed Knuckles didn't get finished before Project M kicked the bucket.

I may be a bigger fan of Shadow, but Knuckles is someone I wouldn't mind seeing either. I mean, my most used Mii Fighter is Bluckles the Blechidna, and I remember being hyped for the costume just for the reason to make that Mii FIghter.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Does anyone have a picture of Female Corrin in Echoes or have the developers just stated she will be in the game?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Perhaps the buildup from all this stress of having to witness Fire Emblem mentioned here more often then not has led to my use of the words "deserving" and "disgusting" as this appeared to be the tipping point for my frustration.
Using the word "disgusting" to describe your unhappiness with something is just the first step to becoming a Fire Emblem fan, so don't worry bud nothing to worry about. :p

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well folks... I am uncertain if anyone would care if I chose to post about something like this, but in light of recent events today that have unfortunately caused me to feel frustrated, shamefully self-entitled, and just not a good person in general, perhaps its best I retire away from Smashboards, possibly for good. I doubt much would change in my absence, and life will go on, but I get the feeling the NintenZone would be better off without my rants and anger at Fire Emblem and pointless posts (at least in my opinion) in general. This has gone on for far too long and it hasn't done any good for me or for anyone else, nor is it healthy. And although this may sound quite out of the blue, would anyone here end up missing me if I simply just left? I promise you this isn't me trying to make you guys feel guilty in any form (I would never want to do that), but I'm being very honest and serious; I want to hear your opinions. And just to be clear, I am not overreacting; all of the above is me being serious.

If I ultimately end up leaving, then accept my apologies. :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well folks... I am uncertain if anyone would care if I chose to post about something like this, but in light of recent events today that have unfortunately caused me to feel frustrated, shamefully self-entitled, and just not a good person in general, perhaps its best I retire away from Smashboards, possibly for good. I doubt much would change in my absence, and life will go on, but I get the feeling the NintenZone would be better off without my rants and anger at Fire Emblem and pointless posts (at least in my opinion) in general. This has gone on for far too long and it hasn't done any good for me or for anyone else, nor is it healthy. And although this may sound quite out of the blue, would anyone here end up missing me if I simply just left? I promise you this isn't me trying to make you guys feel guilty in any form (I would never want to do that), but I'm being very honest and serious; I want to hear your opinions. And just to be clear, I am not overreacting; all of the above is me being serious.

There's no need to leave, but if you truly feel like it there's nothing to stop you from doing so.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

May your heart be your guiding key.

No but really if you feel uncomfortable then you should at least take a break. No point in staying on a message board if visiting feels more like a chore than something fun to relax with. Hopefully you feel better soon though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Afro's downloading Mugen today.... I wonder which game might be coming true from Sactown.... @smashkirby Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
Let me guess, Super Smash Bros Universe? :p

I would miss you, especially after the nice conversations we've had since last year. Like I've said for BluePikmin, you are a good person and we all make mistakes. You may dislike Fire Emblem, I wouldn't really hate you for it because we all have our personal opinions. You are taking to someone who's a fan of a controversial franchise like Senran Kagura.

You never came off as a bad person unlike the truly horrible people I've known long before I came here. But if you want to leave and it's truly the best decision for you, then that's personally fine. Maybe then, I wish you the best of luck for your future plans.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

I don't think I've seen any of these rants you're reffering to, but I hope you feel better soon.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I rarely talk with you much, but you sound like a decent individual. At least from all the times Aussie would talk to me about you.

I'm not gong to hold a grudge over something as stupid as a video game. If your don't like Fire Emblem, then hate it. No one should judge you over your opinion and the field needs to understand that. Do you see me holding a grudge towards people seeing no potential in Daisy for Smash? Hell no, because everyone is entitled to whatever viewpoints they want.

Just follow your heart and leave if you feel you don't belong anymore. Blue and Exaggerared Honesty did the same thing, so what's stopping you from following in his footsteps? Do it, we all will miss you regardless.

Afro's downloading Mugen today.... I wonder which game might be coming true from Sactown.... @smashkirby Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
Inb4 it's Marvel vs Capcom Infinite 2.

Jokes aside, I'd like to see where this is gong.

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
What...? F!Corrin amiibo being a thing...? No, no, no, no, no, no, no, nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
If they're starting to do thse variants, they should go all the way and include the pther variants like Male WFT, F!Robin, the Koopalings, Alph, etc. Just F!Corrin for the sake of her drooling fanboys...disgusting. My apologies but I always say the Corrins as being basically the same character. M!Corrin gets crap while F!Corrin gets all the praise...ugh.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What...? F!Corrin amiibo being a thing...? No, no, no, no, no, no, no, nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
If they're starting to do thse variants, they should go all the way and include the pther variants like Male WFT, F!Robin, the Koopalings, Alph, etc. Just F!Corrin for the sake of her drooling fanboys...disgusting.
Not all the koopalings.

Just Lemmy

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If they're starting to do thse variants, they should go all the way and include the pther variants like Male WFT, F!Robin, the Koopalings, Alph, etc. Just F!Corrin for the sake of her drooling fanboys...disgusting.
None of the other alts are even remotely as popular as the main versions. EVERYONE was baffled for why the less popular male version was used for Smash, it's fixing an issue

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
She's likely the only one guaranteed to sell. Alph and M!Trainer especially would be shelf warmers.

Plus IS actually gives good gameplay alongside their amiibo, so it's not like Female Corrin is a waste.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .Meh.

The Amiibo thing wasn't what made me think there would be more characters in a Smash 4 port in the first place, and it doesn't stop it down the road. They can always add more serial numbers when they're actually ready to announce new characters. Don't they put serial numbers up at least a little closer to announcing them, anyway? Echoes is coming up fast and E3 isn't for another couple months. The existing characters would have to be let out of the bag for Corrin to be out in time for Echoes, but they wouldn't want to let slip a Switch Smash with new characters that early.

Honestly way more annoyed that Corrin gets a female variant but not Robin, LOL. I wanted female Robin.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Welcome to the side of the fandom that saved Fire Emblem to begin with. :troll:

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Goddamn it Intelligent Systems.

I guess that means Smash 4 Switch and Smash 5 (technically 6) are looking equally likely now.
Well...not quite. We still have fairly credible rumors from a few months back that claim Smash 4.5 is a thing, and there were changes made to the game's file structure in Patch 1.16 that imply the porting process might've started as far back as then.

This amiibo listing might just be a red herring, is all.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
She's likely the only one guaranteed to sell. Alph and M!Trainer especially would be shelf warmers.

Plus IS actually gives good gameplay alongside their amiibo, so it's not like Female Corrin is a waste.
To me, she'll always be a waste. Drooling fanboys basically won and that's what disgusts me the most.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To me, she'll always be a waste. Drooling fanboys basically won and that's what disgusts me the most.
Well I mean, not everyone who prefers Female Corrin does so for fanservicey reasons. Hell, I much prefer her over Male Corrin despite not really liking either too much in Fates itself.

She just clicks with the design better IMO and has a better voice.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
A bit of a stretched out post incoming due to multiple quotes:

There's no need to leave, but if you truly feel like it there's nothing to stop you from doing so.
May your heart be your guiding key.

No but really if you feel uncomfortable then you should at least take a break. No point in staying on a message board if visiting feels more like a chore than something fun to relax with. Hopefully you feel better soon though.
I would miss you, especially after the nice conversations we've had since last year. Like I've said for BluePikmin, you are a good person and we all make mistakes. You may dislike Fire Emblem, I wouldn't really hate you for it because we all have our personal opinions. You are taking to someone who's a fan of a controversial franchise like Senran Kagura.

You never came off as a bad person unlike the truly horrible people I've known long before I came here. But if you want to leave and it's truly the best decision for you, then that's personally fine. Maybe then, I wish you the best of luck for your future plans.
I don't think I've seen any of these rants you're reffering to, but I hope you feel better soon.
I rarely talk with you much, but you sound like a decent individual. At least from all the times Aussie would talk to me about you.

I'm not gong to hold a grudge over something as stupid as a video game. If your don't like Fire Emblem, then hate it. No one should judge you over your opinion and the field needs to understand that. Do you see me holding a grudge towards people seeing no potential in Daisy for Smash? Hell no, because everyone is entitled to whatever viewpoints they want.

Just follow your heart and leave if you feel you don't belong anymore. Blue and Exaggerared Honesty did the same thing, so what's stopping you from following in his footsteps? Do it, we all will miss you regardless.

I appreciate everyone's kind words. In regards to me deciding on whether or not I want to retire from Smashboards due to reasons I listed earlier, I am still unsure on what I will end up doing. However, I hope to make a true decision soon and let you guys know.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nope, not enough mental power to deal with that project...

Again, nope.

I have no clue, I'm trying to learn it right now. Bear with me, I might need time to figure it out now...
Ah, I'm guessing that you have the default mugen for now then.

I've put together A TON of rosters myself. This is my most recent one.
IMG_2053.JPG
Though it's updated from how it is here. I still need to complete it.

But I'm willing to help if you need any.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom