• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I made a discord but like I already have my email registered. Then I remembered I joined some discord here time ago.

Anyone know how to find my account or delete the other one through my email? I must have deleted the confirmation email cos I can't find anything.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Female Corrin is more popular because the overall concepts of Corrin's character seem more appealing to most people in the context of her being female.

Being barefoot is going to be more appealing on a female character to most people. For both aesthetic reasons, and more fetishy reasons (let's not dance around the fact that a large portion of the core Fire Emblem/Smash fanbase is now anime nerds/straight up otaku who love their waifus and have their fetishes, barefoot fetishes being very common in general).

Female Corrin also makes for another strong and powerful female character which lots of people want more of in gaming.

Also, there is an in-game reason as well - in Fates, it's impossible to get all of the child units if you play as Male Corrin. This is due to the fact that certain characters (known as "Corrinsexuals" in the fandom) like Shura and Jakob can only marry Corrin, and can only do so if Corrin is a female because they aren't gay/bisexual like Niles. Also, if you play as Female Corrin, you get Jakob in the beginning of the game and get Felicia much later, and vice versa. A lot of people consider Jakob a better unit because he can be reclassed early on into a strong physical promoted class like Paladin (since his stats favour physical stats and not magic ones, he's not very good as a Butler, which is his default class), and only requires a Heart Seal to do it, while Felicia is more magic oriented which means she's only useful as a healer. While she can be very potent later on as an attacker due to her high magic stat (she also has very good speed), it generally takes more work to make her an exceptional unit (I should know, I married her in my current Conquest run :p). As a result, completionists, speedrunners, and high level players in general always choose Female Corrin regardless of their actual sex and gender identity.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I still hope they add Iron Knuckle and Dark Nut atleast as mini bosses for the dlc.

Redead and Gibdo should've been in BotW too.
I felt it was such a missed opportunity to add Darknuts in Hyrule Castle...they could've been knights from 100 years prior who were corrupted by Ganon's malice, they also could've wielded their own special weapons like the Lynels in the game they also could've used the Royal Guard weapons also...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I felt it was such a missed opportunity to add Darknuts in Hyrule Castle...they could've been knights from 100 years prior who were corrupted by Ganon's malice, they also could've wielded their own special weapons like the Lynels in the game they also could've used the Royal Guard weapons also...
Yeah and with Iron Knuckles that'd mean more better axes.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also, there is an in-game reason as well - in Fates, it's impossible to get all of the child units if you play as Male Corrin. This is due to the fact that certain characters (known as "Corrinsexuals" in the fandom) like Shura and Jakob can only marry Corrin, and can only do so if Corrin is a female because they aren't gay/bisexual like Niles. Also, if you play as Female Corrin, you get Jakob in the beginning of the game and get Felicia much later, and vice versa. A lot of people consider Jakob a better unit because he can be reclassed early on into a strong physical promoted class like Paladin (since his stats favour physical stats and not magic ones, he's not very good as a Butler, which is his default class), and only requires a Heart Seal to do it, while Felicia is more magic oriented which means she's only useful as a healer. While she can be very potent later on as an attacker due to her high magic stat (she also has very good speed), it generally takes more work to make her an exceptional unit (I should know, I married her in my current Conquest run :p). As a result, completionists, speedrunners, and high level players in general always choose Female Corrin regardless of their actual sex and gender identity.
It's not impossible to get all of the child units as Male Corrin. You are just forced to choose a Corrinsexual or child unit if you want to get all of the child units as Male Corrin. Basically, if you want Male Corrin to marry Azura, you have to lose access to getting all of the child units. Seriously, somebody explain to me why Reina is a Corrinsexual-only. :glare:

And Jakob is useful. But Felicia is also useful as well, especially with the free DLC that allows you to get a Witch promotion item to transform her into a Witch for early access Warp for Warp healing.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
What is everyone's favourite weapon(outside of the master sword) in BotW?
The Royal set, I like how they look, they're some of the best weapons in the game, and I have a never-ending supply of them.

I tend to favor the spear and sword/shield, but I love using the claymore's charge attack. I almost never use bows for combat.
I still hope they add Iron Knuckle and Dark Nut atleast as mini bosses for the dlc.

Redead and Gibdo should've been in BotW too.
Iron Knuckles, Dark Nuts, Redeads, Gibdos, Skulltulas, Poes, Like Likes, Stalfos, Deku Babas, Bubbles, Wolfos, Tektites, etc.

One of my biggest gripes with the game is the lack of enemy variety... The lack of variety in general.

Throw in a Skulltula Token and Poe Soul hunt as DLC to break up the mundane Korok Seeds.
Or at least add a Korok radar...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's not impossible to get all of the child units as Male Corrin. You are just forced to choose a Corrinsexual or child unit if you want to get all of the child units as Male Corrin. Basically, if you want Male Corrin to marry Azura, you have to lose access to getting all of the child units. Seriously, somebody explain to me why Reina is a Corrinsexual-only. :glare:

And Jakob is useful. But Felicia is also useful as well, especially with the free DLC that allows you to get a Witch promotion item to transform her into a Witch for early access Warp for Warp healing.
I'm aware Felicia is useful (lol Flame Shuriken) but my point is more that it takes a bit more to get her to a useful position than it does with Jakob. People just tend to prefer having a promoted class like Paladin early on, and Jakob can provide that if you play as Female Corrin.

EDIT: Wait, wouldn't that only apply to Birthright? I'm fairly certain it's impossible in Conquest at least. Children are tied to Male units in this (except for Azura or FemCorrin), and there is more than one male Corrinsexual in Conquest (Shura, Jakob, and Gunter).

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yeah and with Iron Knuckles that'd mean more better axes.
More weapons in general...and not just more axes, etc...

I think the game could've used something like 'Special Weapons', like a Ball and Chain and Hookshot for example, they'd have their own expandable Inventory but they'd have their own unique function rather than being more or less the same as the other weapons within their own category with maybe a few of their own gimmicks...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When you say "Emperor" and "Final Fantasy"

The first thing that comes to my mind is Gestahl

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Female Corrin is more popular because the overall concepts of Corrin's character seem more appealing to most people in the context of her being female.

Being barefoot is going to be more appealing on a female character to most people. For both aesthetic reasons, and more fetishy reasons (let's not dance around the fact that a large portion of the core Fire Emblem/Smash fanbase is now anime nerds/straight up otaku who love their waifus and have their fetishes, barefoot fetishes being very common in general).

Female Corrin also makes for another strong and powerful female character which lots of people want more of in gaming.

Eh, I wouldn't call Corrin a strong and powerful female character (or a strong character in general). Maybe by intention she is, but by execution she's very flawed as she shares every issue that male Corrin has a character and is generally just as bland as he is. Even in terms of female characters in the series, there are much better examples in characters like Elincia who do have to deal with being a being a leader, what that requires of them, and show some strong growth from the events that play out for them. With Corrin, the story doesn't allow for them to change too much (hell, arguably it asks for them to not change and retain their flaws) and it doesn't do a good job portraying the character's actions within the story in a way that works functionally or believably.

Ultimately though, I do agree that her popularity does come down to design. Male Corrin isn't too appealing for many whereas Female Corrin seems to have a charm, and as seen with some of the other characters in the series, good design can be enough to make a character more popular even if their character and story role are lacking by comparison. It just depends on the eye of the beholder, and for many fans that design was enough to win her a lot of favor.

The Robins' designs are better though

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Eh, I wouldn't call Corrin a strong and powerful female character (or a strong character in general). Maybe by intention she is, but by execution she's very flawed as she shares every issue that male Corrin has a character and is generally just as bland as he is. Even in terms of female characters in the series, there are much better examples in characters like Elincia who do have to deal with being a being a leader, what that requires of them, and show some strong growth from the events that play out for them. With Corrin, the story doesn't allow for them to change too much (hell, arguably it asks for them to not change and retain their flaws) and it doesn't do a good job portraying the character's actions within the story in a way that works functionally or believably.

Ultimately though, I do agree that her popularity does come down to design. Male Corrin isn't too appealing for many whereas Female Corrin seems to have a charm, and as seen with some of the other characters in the series, good design can be enough to make a character more popular even if their character and story role are lacking by comparison. It just depends on the eye of the beholder, and for many fans that design was enough to win her a lot of favor.

The Robins' designs are better though
When I say strong and powerful, I mean that she has a powerful sacred blade that can turn into a chainsaw blade in Revelations and has cool dragon powers.

That's strong and powerful enough for most people. Keep in mind most people know Corrin from Smash and now FE Heroes (and you're pretty much guaranteed to have her if you're on Android due to the exclusive deal on Google Play) so they aren't aware of characterisation flaws.

I mean I prefer Male Corrin myself personally, but people just see him as "just another powerful male character like all of the others", where as applying the exact same traits to a female character is suddenly progressive so people receive it with more praise.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

I think the game could've used something like 'Special Weapons', like a Ball and Chain and Hookshot for example, they'd have their own expandable Inventory but they'd have their own unique function rather than being more or less the same as the other weapons within their own category with maybe a few of their own gimmicks...
Clawshot was such a missed opportunity in this game.

I hope the "new dungeon" in the DLC is gonna be a classic Zelda styled dungeon with an item in the middle you need to progress. And I really hope that item is the Clawshot/Double Clawshot, so much utility.

Ball and chain would be cool, they could have a nice variety with it, like the classic TP styled one that's huge, and even a small one that's more like a flail. More boomerangs too, there are only two without counting anything from amiibo.

As unlikely as it is, I'd really like a way to make some weapons unbreakable. I know it's there for game balance, but I'm at the point where I have a hoard of Royal weapons anyway because Hinoxes drop them every single time, I may as well have an unbreakable Royal Sword instead of just carrying around ten of them. I would have liked to have kept the Light Bow, too...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

...... are you seriously kidding me right now? All this speculation, and we get this? Really? I refuse to believe that is true. Why would they waste an extra amiibo on a female variant of an existing character when they haven't done it before? If this is actually official and true, it tells me we may not receive any new characters and all this hype for the possibility of it happening was an unfortunately wasted effort.

That's how I'd respond to this potential revelation... just why, Nintendo? Fire Emblem already has enough love; please move on to other characters.
I mean it's kind of your own fault you kept hyping it up as fact when Female Corrin or another variant was always a very real possibility that people brought up. Plus it fits with my theory that the Corrin in Warriors will be the female one since it's by far the more popular Corrin variant. If anything, blame Sakurai for not making the female Corrin the default look in the first place.

Also I called this. :p

Ivander

Smash Legend
EDIT: Wait, wouldn't that only apply to Birthright? I'm fairly certain it's impossible in Conquest at least. Children are tied to Male units in this (except for Azura or FemCorrin), and there is more than one male Corrinsexual in Conquest (Shura, Jakob, and Gunter).
Not counting Corrin, there are an equal amount of Male and Female characters for each side, not counting Corrinsexuals. There are 3 Male and Female units that join you on both sides and there are 8 Males and Females on each opposite sides, allowing you to have 11 Pairs of marriageable characters, 22 in Revelations. There are 12 Child Units(20 in Rev) not counting Kana and because Azura has to marry one of the fathers, you have a pair that gives Shigure and another child.
So basically, if you have Female Corrin, you have her marry one of the first-gen fathers and as such, none of the fathers will be childless. In F!Corrin's case, the only child unit you can potentially lose is Shigure and that's only if you choose not to have Azura marry and Azura has to marry one of the fathers.
With Male Corrin, however, if he marries one of the first-gen females that can marry another character, one of the fathers will be childless, due to the first-gen marriageable Men outnumbering the Women. So in order to get all of the children, including Kana, as Male Corrin, he has to marry one of the first-Gen Corrinsexuals(who are Reina and Scarlet in Birthright, Flora in Conquest, and Reina, Flora and Scarlet(you can marry her and get Kana before her moment) in Revelations), or one of the female child units.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
That's the hardest enemy in the game, LOL. I always cook food specifically to deal with them when I go after them.

I mean, the loot's great, but they're tanky enough that they'll eat multiple weapons on their way down and they hit like trucks. Cooking defense up food and having good armor helps.
If you just got your fourth heart container...you shouldn't be going anywhere near a Lynel. Just note its location on your map with one of those little boss icons, and come back later.
I had to be in the vicinity of one for a quest, but turns out I didn't need to actually fight it. Just had to metal gear my through and collect what I needed. Those guys are tough, but I csn already feel how gratifying it'll be to take one down

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Plus it fits with my theory that the Corrin in Warriors will be the female one since it's by far the more popular Corrin variant.
I'm pretty sure Robin and Corrin will get both their Male and Female variants in Warriors as costume variants. Hyrule Warriors had those and so do other Warriors games.

The only games that have picked one over the other to date is Codename STEAM and Fates, with you only being able to use Male Robin in both games since Male Robin is the only one with an amiibo. They haven't done this with Corrin yet, always having both versions represented, and since both are apparently getting amiibo, this will likely remain the case.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Hook shot should be either like an arrow type or on the sheikah slate.

I had to be in the vicinity of one for a quest, but turns out I didn't need to actually fight it. Just had to metal gear my through and collect what I needed. Those guys are tough, but I csn already feel how gratifying it'll be to take one down
That's not even the hardest version either.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol fem corrin

Well im sure nintendo will be happy with how much money they make on that one since she is so popular

Shame they are so absurdly late to the party they couldnt capitalize on the hype.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yellowlord Yellowlord
I want this one
Well damn.

I suppose it makes sense if the female Corrin has content for another game and all, but what about Robin?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
lol fem corrin

Well im sure nintendo will be happy with how much money they make on that one since she is so popular

Shame they are so absurdly late to the party they couldnt capitalize on the hype.
I don't think that's an issue. The figma and Nendoroid Corrin are both sold out on the Good Smile store. There's probably some stock left on smaller sites and other affiliates, but yeah.

I'm sure the amiibo will do just fine.

And knowing Nintendo they'll understock it to drive up demand

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Goddamn it Intelligent Systems.

I guess that means Smash 4 Switch and Smash 5 (technically 6) are looking equally likely now.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I mean it's kind of your own fault you kept hyping it up as fact when Female Corrin or another variant was always a very real possibility that people brought up. Plus it fits with my theory that the Corrin in Warriors will be the female one since it's by far the more popular Corrin variant. If anything, blame Sakurai for not making the female Corrin the default look in the first place.

Also I called this. :p
Frustrated ranting inbound...

Bleh; It's still ridiculous how there has to be 2 versions of Corrin because the female variation is more popular... why didn't characters like Robin for example get 2 variants? Corrin should of never been an exception and this is a complete waste of time on Nintendo's part to make more Fire Emblem merchandise; just stop it already. And no, I don't care that Female Corrin is popular; its a complete and utter waste of time to make an existing variant of a character when other characters deserve it more. Regardless, I'm not happy about this; it really does disgust me and it makes me question if speculating anything Smash related is worth my time when all I'll experience is more love for Fire Emblem while other series get thrown into the trash... its a real shame. It makes me wish Sakurai had stopped at Awakening in regards to new characters. And yes, I wish Female Corrin had been the default; we wouldn't have had to go through this pointless speculation if that had happened.

Kinda had to get that out there, guys; I'm sorry. If it helps, its in a spoiler (there's no swearing as despite my anger with this, I do not want to go that far).

Goddamn it Intelligent Systems.

I guess that means Smash 4 Switch and Smash 5 (technically 6) are looking equally likely now.
So basically... literally zero? If that extra amiibo had been a new character, then yes. But now with this horrifying revelation, I am not confident in us getting new characters. And yes, I know a Smash game on the Switch is inevitable, but this is again in regards to us getting new characters or returning veterans.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know the way some people have a small icon appear at the end of every message they make (not a sig)?

How do you do that? I assume people aren't just uploading an image to every post and have a way to have it added to every post automatically.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So all we have to go on about there being any sort of continuation of Super Smash Bros is that Smash Bros 6 job listing? Is there anything else? And I mean semi-concrete, not "they'd be dumb not too". They were sure dumb enough to give the last console a name that made it sound like an add-on, didn't have any big hitters on launch and turn a hyped Fire Emblem/SMT crossover into a """"spiritual"""" crossover that was mostly Awakening anyway.

I'd add leaving Zelda cooking for too long but that worked out for the Switch.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The Onion Knight wins. No big surprise, since that's the most iconic class and character for Final Fantasy III. Funny how the Cloud of Darkness' pawn was more popular than her/it...

Now we are doing Final Fantasy IV, which is three games away from the one most of you probably grew up with. Your choices are Cecil Harvey, Rydia, Kain Highwind, and Tellah. I might tag you for this since one of those are are your favorites @Lord-Zero

There was a problem fetching the tweet

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So all we have to go on about there being any sort of continuation of Super Smash Bros is that Smash Bros 6 job listing? Is there anything else? And I mean semi-concrete, not "they'd be dumb not too". They were sure dumb enough to give the last console a name that made it sound like an add-on, didn't have any big hitters on launch and turn a hyped Fire Emblem/SMT crossover into a """"spiritual"""" crossover that was mostly Awakening anyway.

I'd add leaving Zelda cooking for too long but that worked out for the Switch.
There was that Dr. Serkan Toto guy as well who said there would be a Smash Wii U port for Switch (NX at the time), and he's generally reliable, apparently.

Granted, it wasn't a launch title like he said, but delays happen.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
When I say strong and powerful, I mean that she has a powerful sacred blade that can turn into a chainsaw blade in Revelations and has cool dragon powers.

That's strong and powerful enough for most people. Keep in mind most people know Corrin from Smash and now FE Heroes (and you're pretty much guaranteed to have her if you're on Android due to the exclusive deal on Google Play) so they aren't aware of characterisation flaws.

I mean I prefer Male Corrin myself personally, but people just see him as "just another powerful male character like all of the others", where as applying the exact same traits to a female character is suddenly progressive so people receive it with more praise.
Her popularity existed in Fates too as she topped the female poll and it predates both games, so it wasn't like Smash or Heroes erased those flaws for a lot of fans (and honestly, Heroes wouldn't have too much, her lines in that game are just as bland as they were in Fates).

And maybe it's just me, but I never felt that Fire Emblem was lacking in strong female characters. You usually have around half the playable cast be females, and even in terms of important characters you had lords like Lucina along with important secondary characters like Caeda, so it wasn't like Fire Emblem had a void that desperately needed to be filled by those type of characters. I won't deny there's an appeal to those type of characters, but I don't think that's the main contributing reason for why Corrin is being placed so highly compared to others.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
>Has her Wii U main set to the female trainer despite being a premium user.
Because my main is interchangeable.

I'm not too picky about male or female for the Wii Fit Trainers.

But Female Corrin fits the bill of being overrated. No Fire Shield needed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There was that Dr. Serkan Toto guy as well who said there would be a Smash Wii U port for Switch (NX at the time), and he's generally reliable, apparently.

Granted, it wasn't a launch title like he said, but delays happen.

I wonder if Smash 6 is just code then as they did say they counted WiiU as 5 in development.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
this is a complete waste of time on Nintendo's part to make more Fire Emblem merchandise.
Fire Emblem's as popular as it's ever been, it's best to capitalise on that and push to make it bigger. It's got a mobile game and 3 titles (that we know of) releasing by the end of 2018.

If it makes money it's not a waste of time.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Fire Emblem's as popular as it's ever been, it's best to capitalise on that and push to make it bigger. It's got a mobile game and 3 titles (that we know of) releasing by the end of 2018.

If it makes money it's not a waste of time.

I know that its going to inevitably make money, but its still beyond frustrating for people who aren't big fans of the series that involve something tying into a game they really do love. While I'm still not going to discourage others from liking the series and its upcoming games and whatnot, its still going to be a different story with me.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Her popularity existed in Fates too as she topped the female poll and it predates both games, so it wasn't like Smash or Heroes erased those flaws for a lot of fans (and honestly, Heroes wouldn't have too much, her lines in that game are just as bland as they were in Fates).

And maybe it's just me, but I never felt that Fire Emblem was lacking in strong female characters. You usually have around half the playable cast be females, and even in terms of important characters you had lords like Lucina along with important secondary characters like Caeda, so it wasn't like Fire Emblem had a void that desperately needed to be filled by those type of characters. I won't deny there's an appeal to those type of characters, but I don't think that's the main contributing reason for why Corrin is being placed so highly compared to other characters.
Again, you're thinking too strictly within the context of the core fanbase, who are the only ones who care much about writing. Hell, some there arguably don't either (I mean I myself agree that it's pretty weak there, but the gameplay is too solid for me to really get too upset about it). They're also a very small minority.

I'm not saying Corrin's writing flaws are fixed by making her female, but that the aesthetic aspects of the character and her powers are more attractive to people (in different ways) then they are when Corrin is male.

I'm also not saying Fire Emblem specifically was lacking in strong female characters, but gaming as a whole is according to many people (I mean a quick Google Search will reveal how overblown that issue is). Lucina, FemRobin, and FemCorrin are the only female Fire Emblem characters with widespread recognisablity outside of actual Fire Emblem fans, thanks to Smash (granted this might start changing with Heroes, but even THERE, FemCorrin has had far more promotion than any other character, arguably even the male ones). People see a female character with a chainsaw sword and dragon powers and they say "wow she's such a cool, powerful badass, gaming needs more female protagonists like this!". Whereas there are plenty of male characters with this kind of badassery all of the time, so Male Corrin is "just another" one.

D

Deleted member

You know, I'm not even mad if the female Corrin thing is true.

Why?

It's more along the lines of the female Corrin amiibo having different functionality outside Smash than the male Corrin. My only confusion is why Robin doesn't get the same treatment unless there are no plans to give the female Robin alternate functionality to the male one.

Likewise, should Inklings get in Smash with their own Smash series amiibo, I'd expect both Girl and Boy to get their own because their amiibo function differently from each other in the Splatoon series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Frustrated ranting inbound...

Bleh; It's still ridiculous how there has to be 2 versions of Corrin because the female variation is more popular... why didn't characters like Robin for example get 2 variants? Corrin should of never been an exception and this is a complete waste of time on Nintendo's part to make more Fire Emblem merchandise; just stop it already. And no, I don't care that Female Corrin is popular; its a complete and utter waste of time to make an existing variant of a character when other characters deserve it more. Regardless, I'm not happy about this; it really does disgust me and it makes me question if speculating anything Smash related is worth my time when all I'll experience is more love for Fire Emblem while other series get thrown into the trash... its a real shame. It makes me wish Sakurai had stopped at Awakening in regards to new characters. And yes, I wish Female Corrin had been the default; we wouldn't have had to go through this pointless speculation if that had happened.

Kinda had to get that out there, guys; I'm sorry. If it helps, its in a spoiler (there's no swearing as despite my anger with this, I do not want to go that far).

So basically... literally zero? If that extra amiibo had been a new character, then yes. But now with this horrifying revelation, I am not confident in us getting new characters. And yes, I know a Smash game on the Switch is inevitable, but this is again in regards to us getting new characters or returning veterans.
You've got some serious entitlement issues going on here.

Robin didn't get two versions because male Robin was generally more popular among Fire Emblem fans (look at his Heroes placement compared to Female Robin). Conversely, female Corrin was always more popular outside Smash AND in Smash. She got a figma and a Nendoroid while the male version didn't, and placed high on the Heroes poll when Male Corrin did a pitiful job.

It makes perfect sense for Female Corrin to get an amiibo over all the other alt characters because her popularity eclipses that of the default male version.

The fact that you're using words like "deserving" while calling this possible news "disgusting" speaks to your entitlement. Nintendo owes you nothing. Smash for Switch was never a guarantee, and hell, this doesn't even debunk it. Female Corrin sells, so they gave her an amiibo. It's not rocket science. You whining about it isn't changing that. You put yourself in this position by refusing to listen when others said this was a distinct possibility.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know, I'm not even mad if the female Corrin thing is true.

Why?

It's more along the lines of the female Corrin amiibo having different functionality outside Smash than the male Corrin. My only confusion is why Robin doesn't get the same treatment unless there are no plans to give the female Robin alternate functionality to the male one.

Likewise, should Inklings get in Smash with their own Smash series amiibo, I'd expect both Girl and Boy to get their own because their amiibo function differently from each other in the Splatoon series.
My guess is they're trying to push something more related to Fates. Robin's game is already over with in general, but Corrin's still pretty fresh overall. It would make sense in this case. I do wish we had Robin and Wii Fit Trainer alternate amiibo though.

It's probably what you said, though. Female Robin isn't intended to be promoted or used for anything.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would care less about the Female Corrin Amiibo to be honest.

Here I am wondering why they just can't make Amiibo for the seven Koopalings, even if it's just from the Super Mario Series line instead of Smash.

D

Deleted member

I would care less about the Female Corrin Amiibo to be honest.

Here I am wondering why they just can't make Amiibo for the seven Koopalings, even if it's just from the Super Mario Series line instead of Smash.
Gotta think of it from a functionality standpoint.
There's nothing big they can really be used for currently except Smash, where'd they function the exact same as the Bowser Jr. amiibo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom