• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What is everyone's favourite weapon(outside of the master sword) in BotW?
I like spear type weapons as they make the Yiga goons a doddle.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Yeah I'm leaving Knucklesboards around for Premium users for a bit. If you want red Smashboards without Knuckles avatars just use Smashboards Ruby?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Do you know how long we've waited for Rick and Morty Season 3?

Let us have this. LET US HAVE THIS.

Best. April. Fools. Ever.
i wanted to see SamJack. The "joke" ruined it for me
This was the least "April Fools" April Fool I ever had

Though wait, was the Rick and Morty S3 thing true?
yes, thats all it was and it was ****ing boring
I like rick and morty and all but the same episode over and over.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
We've got some news for all the Fate series fans here.

First off, the first Heaven's Feel movie of the trilogy will premier in Japanese theatres on October 14. It will be called "Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel 1. presage flower." The poster for the movie can be viewed below:

Second, we have a new trailer for the upcoming Fate/Extra anime: Fate/Extra Last Encore. It is based around the video game series that is a spinoff of F/SN, and it will be released in winter 2018

Finally, a new Fate/Apocrypha anime will be coming out this July. This anime will be based on another spinoff series of Fate by the same name. Here's the trailer:

Seems like we still have a long wait until the HF movies begin, but the Fate/Apocrypha movie caught me by surprise. I haven't read Fate/Apocrypha yet, but I do know several of its characters, so this should definitely help kill some waiting time for those few months.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The Emperor won, which is good since she really kickstarted the Final Fantasy series having good vilians (Sorry Garland fans). Leila was just as popular too, I guess we all love our pirates.

This one will be fairly short since let's face it, Final Fantasy III had a one-note nameless class that started the Job System (including Onion Knights). It took until a remake to flesh the four characters out and give them official. names. Your choices are Luneth (Onion Knight), Arc, Xande, and Cloud of Darkness. This should be one of the last few NES games before we get to IV.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Finally beat Ridley in Super Metroid. Which actually managed to take a few tries. I've only been going for the more obvious collectibles, so I've only got around 140 missiles or so. I guess before I finish, I should try finding a couple more.
Sorry but when I readed your post, I tought you said, "Finally beat Ridley in Super Mario World". And I was like, "wait, what?! what rom hack are you playing?"
I can't even read properly it seem, dang it my sickness.:4charizard:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The Emperor won, which is good since she really kickstarted the Final Fantasy series having good vilians (Sorry Garland fans). Leila was just as popular too, I guess we all love our pirates.

This one will be fairly short since let's face it, Final Fantasy III had a one-note nameless class that started the Job System (including Onion Knights). It took until a remake to flesh the four characters out and give them official. names. Your choices are Luneth (Onion Knight), Arc, Xande, and Cloud of Darkness. This should be one of the last few NES games before we get to IV.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Pretty sure the emporer was a guy.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nice avatar @Bananija , it's nice to see someone having a Vanir avatar. Because he is the best character in Konosuba after all.
L9VOm7Z.png

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I like any of the Royal Guard's gear tbh...The Royal Guard's Claymore is one of the strongest weapons in the game...though I tend to use Royal Claymore's more often since they are a lot easier to find...These weapons are great for just pure damage, so they are really good against the overworld bosses...

Despite this I like one handed weapons a lot more especially against faster enemies like the Lizalfos and the Yiga clan...It also allows me to use the shield which I use a lot for parrying attacks (sometimes if I switch to a two-handed weapon I forget I don't have my shield out and just take damage instead) as well as spin attacks when I'm surrounded by enemies...I dunno why I haven't thought of it until recently but parrying the stones from Octorocs is incredibly satisfying...

I also like Shock weapons quite a bit since they stun most enemies...Thunder Spear is ideal because of it's range...

Finally Lynel weapons are always great simply because of the damage they deal...Lynel Bows usually fire x3 arrows which makes Bomb Arrows all the more devastating...

Ivander

Smash Legend
->Emperor
->she
You know, even if you don't pick one, it's not hard to notice something is not right.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@Shishœ
The screenshot of the next Little Witch Academia.
Such feels weird without her teeth in this pic
IMG_20170402_232813.jpg

It should be sort of like this.
Sucy in episode 5.
IMG_20170205_223848.jpg

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I did my best to save up some orbs for a summoning but it wasn't enough and it was still lackluster.

Screenshot_20170402-165344.png

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That moment when the Fire Emblem characters on /r/place have stayed up this long without being vandalized (unless you count "We Like Ike" being changed to "We Like Lute").

:)

And when your relatively small fandom got a nice piece done as well. That's nice. Really nice.

I care about /r/place too much.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Shock weapons, natch. Swords, greatswords, arrows, doesn't matter. Anything that shocks will do.

The instant disarm followed by the free hits as they retrieve their weapons and/or shields, or the ability to steal the weapon/shield for yourself, is just so very, very, very OP. And the later in the game it gets, the better such disarms become.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I did my best to save up some orbs for a summoning but it wasn't enough and it was still lackluster.

Nice you got Nino. Gronblade is pretty good, especially if paired with someone like Eirika or Ephraim. It's also great for Cecilia in a Cavalry team or Spring Camilla in a Flier team if you pass Gronblade to them.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Bow-wise, it would be a tie between the Great Eagle Bow and the Lynel Bow. Both are very strong bows that can fire three arrows at once. Between the two, I like the Lynel Bow more for its power, while I prefer the Great Eagle Bow when it comes to design.

Shield-wise, I'm tempted to say the Hylian Shield, but for other shields, I'd give it to the Guardian Shields. Their futuristic designs look pretty good, and they are pretty useful overall, especially once you buy that one Guardian Shield in Robbie's lab.

Sword-wise, I'm like the Lynel Swords for the smaller class, and the Royal Claymore when it comes to the heavier kind. Both are pretty strong weapons for their class.

Spear-wise, definitely the Trident Spear, Mipha's weapon. Cool design, and while not the best spear in the game, it was surprisingly durable from my experience.

I also enjoy using the Boulder Breaker when I need to smash rocks for gemstones, not to mention it's the best weapon to use against the Talus bosses.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
They really need to add more non sword and great sword weapons to BotW, and more powerful ones of those too.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Rick Sanchez wanting to find that Mulan Szechuan Teriyaki Dipping Sauce >>>>> Samurai Flapjack Pancakes.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay, but Female Corrin getting an amiibo is super lame. Because Corrin is lame.

And Female Robin is better. So you better do female Robin.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Female Corrin should have been the default anyway because Femui is better
To each their own, but I found Corrin to be my least favorite of all the FE characters in Smash 4 and hoped I'd end up enjoying them more in their own game, but ended up still not enjoying them.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nice you got Nino. Gronblade is pretty good, especially if paired with someone like Eirika or Ephraim. It's also great for Cecilia in a Cavalry team or Spring Camilla in a Flier team if you pass Gronblade to them.
I'm aware she's supposed to be great but I would have preferred to get her 4-Star.

Honestly the grinding in this game is getting tiring for me. Don't care for Arena too much so the Skill Inheritance system doesn't do much for me. I just wish I could get more 5-Stars (still haven't got a 5-Star Blue Unit), and some of the characters I actually like (such as Marth).

Yellowlord Yellowlord
I want this one
They better still make the Male Corrin one.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
And believe me I wanted to like Corrin A LOT. I mean they have something very unique about them, but just couldn't get into them.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And believe me I wanted to like Corrin A LOT. I mean they have something very unique about them, but just couldn't get into them.
I feel the same, except I still really enjoy playing as him in Smash. His characterisation in Fates is lackluster though.

Also the Male Corrin in Fates has a nice selection of voice actors. Cam Clarke and Yuri Lowenthal were great choices.

D

Deleted member

I suppose Fem!Corrin is popular and marketable enough to have her own amiibo.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
->Emperor
->she
You know, even if you don't pick one, it's not hard to notice something is not right.
I was tired, we all make mistakes. Thanks anyway.

Meanwhile, we got bigger problems. The last Amiibo is definitely going to be used for a separate Female Corrin thanks to some Echoes leaks.

Not sure where Tanner got his source from, but that Fire Emblem bias will rear its ugly head again.

EDIT: Too slow.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also if you're making Male AND Female Corrin. It's unfair to Female Villager, Female Robin, the Koopa Kids, Bayonetta 1 Bayo, Alph, Advent Children Cloud, Classic Wario, Male Wii Fit Trainer, etc.

I'm sure save maybe the last two (who plays Wii Fit and plays the male version? and Classic Wario has one in the Mario line) people would love amiibos of the others.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I still hope they add Iron Knuckle and Dark Nut atleast as mini bosses for the dlc.

Redead and Gibdo should've been in BotW too.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I suppose Fem!Corrin is popular and marketable enough to have her own amiibo.
The reason Female Corrin is happening is because of how much more popular she is compared to Male Corrin. In the Fire Emblem Fates poll, she was the #1 Most popular Female Fates character, even beating Camilla. And for the worldwide poll, Female Corrin was 5th place Female while Male Corrin, despite being 5th Male in the Fates poll, didn't even hit Top 20. You can argue whether her popularity is legitimate or due to chromosomes, but her popularity is definitely there.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yellowlord Yellowlord
I want this one
...... are you seriously kidding me right now? All this speculation, and we get this? Really? I refuse to believe that is true. Why would they waste an extra amiibo on a female variant of an existing character when they haven't done it before? If this is actually official and true, it tells me we may not receive any new characters and all this hype for the possibility of it happening was an unfortunately wasted effort.

That's how I'd respond to this potential revelation... just why, Nintendo? Fire Emblem already has enough love; please move on to other characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The emperor isn't even a trap, he's just fabulous. :p So there's no excuse to be confused.(Okay, I'm exaggerating.) Glad he won though, I would've voted for him.
(who plays Wii Fit and plays the male version?
Probably people who ship him with Little Mac.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom