• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Proof God is real and he's not dead
Christians: 1
Atheists: 0

The whole point of the show is to parody that whole genre and it does so beautifully
Instead of "otaku goes to Fantasy Land, is ****ing unstoppable and his party is his own personal harem" Konosuba gives us "otaku goes to Fantasy Land and almost dies because he's a ****ing idiot and his party is consisted of three unstable and crazy girls"
The show still manages to parody Game tropes themselves and its jokes are usually about the character interactions.
Speaking of which, the characters are genuinely likeable and I got out of it loving the four idiots that compose the main cast. Even the side characters have their own moments such as Wiz(especially in the S2 finale).
And even with all the silliness, it knows when to get serious and show that despite all their bickering, the four really do care about each other and see them as true companions.

Oh god, I swear if you're talking about KR I'll--

This year's April Fools will be the EOV localisation announcement because **** me
I cant get into it anymore. Aqua was annoying, Darknesses trope was annoying, Migumin obbsession with explosions was annoying

Did I mention Auqa was annoying?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Rainbow Mika was the winner, Birdie and Rose were close however. Poor Adon didn't get any support at all. Either way, a certain part of Mika's costume would have to be censored if she were ever considered.

No way it's going to be about Street Fighter III and those pesky parries. Your choices are Alex, Elena, Dudley, and Ibuki. Might have to bring you here since you like two of these Thatkidwiththeafro Thatkidwiththeafro .

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Alex or Ibuki are my bets for now.
Dudley, cause he's one of my favorites. Besides you know the rose taunt is on point.

Black Lighting? Didn't expect that. I thought Static was getting a web series at some point though. If it's the version where he's a single father taking care of his two young kids(or was it three, it's been a while), I'd check it out. I feel like that down to earth element could set him apart from the other shows.

I haven't watched Flash in a bit. As goofy as it is, I can enjoy it. So long as they cut out the speeches.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Was typing up a post about favourite game franchises on another forum and thought I might dump it here too.

-Sonic the Hedgehog (multiple favourites, I'd say my top three hover around Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Unleashed, and Sonic Generations. I expect Sonic Mania to be one too based on what I've played of it)
-Kingdom Hearts (Kingdom Hearts Final Mix is my favourite)
-Uncharted (favourite is between Among Thieves and A Thief's End)
-Professor Layton* (favourite is between Lost Future and the Mask of Miracles)
-Ace Attorney* (Trials and Tribulations was probably my favourite)
-LittleBigPlanet (I have the most nostalgia for the original, but objectively speaking each main series game is better than the last since they add more creative tools for you to use. I'm a big fan of LBP Karting too)
-Kirby (Kirby Super Star Ultra or Return to Dreamland is my favourite)
-Spyro the Dragon (Spyro 2 is my favorite Classic game, TEN and DotD are tied for LoS. Hero's Tail is also a favourite)
-Crash Bandicoot (Crash 3 and CTR)
-The Legend of Zelda (The Wind Waker and Hyrule Warriors...and before anyone asks, haven't played BotW yet)
-Final Fantasy (IX and XIII, also love Dissidia 012)
-Rayman (Rayman Legends)
-Mega Man (most specifically the X series)

Honourable mentions:
-Fire Emblem: It easily has the potential to be a favourite for me, possibly my favourite Nintendo franchise overall. However, I've only played Fates and Heroes, so I don't think I have enough experience to call it a favourite. I've pre-ordered Shadows of Valentia though and plan to play many other games in the series.

-Super Mario: Probably a shock to some since two of my favourite fictional characters come from it and I'm quite knowledgeable in the franchise. However, my thing with Mario is that I don't enjoy the overall franchise on average, just small parts of it, and I overall just don't connect with the characters much outside of some very exceptional cases. It does contain some of my favourite games in certain genres though.

-Super Smash Bros: I used to be able to call it a favourite very easily but certain things have made me question how much I really love the franchise as a whole. I just can't get into it as much these days. That being said, I have some cool memories with it and the character roster is legendary, a lot of my favourite characters are in one game and that's amazing. Also I own the entire amiibo set so far so I guess that means something.

-LEGO games: I love the general feel of LEGO games and kinda grew up with them, but due to the fact most of them are based on IPs I only have a casual interest in at best, it's harder for me to get into them these days. They are also admittedly all quite similar, so playing every single one would ruin the magic, so I only play them every so often. LEGO Dimensions is amazing though, and more original undertakings like LEGO City: Undercover are underrated gems.

-Metal Gear Solid: There's a lot I love about this franchise, but the problem is that I've only really had strong experiences with one game, and that's MGS2. Every other game I've had some sort of barrier to playing or stuff happened that made me stop playing. I've played through MGS2 multiple times though, and it's one of my favourite games of all time, to the point where I feel it's shaped me as a person to a degree (playing a game like that at a young age does things to ya, lol). I'll get to the others one day, though.

*: When it comes to Professor Layton and Ace Attorney, their crossover game is also just as good to me as my favourite games in both their individual franchises.

D

Deleted member

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid crossed over with Pac-Man and Taiko no Tatsujin
Ex-Aid: 791
Konosuba: 2
Konosuba is actually good tho
**** Rider: -791
Konosuba: The amount of MP required to cast all the Explosions in the series

Also, what the **** is a Taiko?
I uhh, think you added a word you didn't need there

:troll:
Shhh, spoilers...
I cant get into it anymore. Aqua was annoying, Darknesses trope was annoying, Migumin obbsession with explosions was annoying

Did I mention Auqa was annoying?
Yeah, they're annoying, but that's kind of the point. They annoy the living hell out of Kazuma.
Even then, they're still entertainable characters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
-Professor Layton* (favourite is between Lost Future and the Mask of Miracles)
Oh heyy look, another best friend
*: When it comes to Professor Layton and Ace Attorney, their crossover game is also just as good to me as my favourite games in both their individual franchises.
Social Link rank up

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was trying to explain Snipperclips to my family

But I mispronounced "Clips" and said "It's a two player game where you scissor eachother"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, for anyone wondering, there's some Tekken news that's supposed to pop up tomorrow.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The last one was tough, but Ibuki won. In actuality, both her and Alex tied equally with enough support and I had to play Bill's favorite game to decide the winner. Dudley did decently, but Elena did the worst. Sorry Thatkidwiththeafro Thatkidwiththeafro .

These characters also happen to be from 3, but half of them are villains (Illuminati joke here) and the other half are fan favorites that appeared in IV. Your choices are Urien, Gill, Yang/Yun (They can be alts, but Yang appeared in CvSNK 2), and Makoto. It won't be long until I reach Street Fighter IV.

https://twitter.com/FatalFlowey/status/847236162079019009

Enjoy, Street Fighters.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>When importing from the UK is cheaper than buying within Ireland.

Seriously though, GameStop is getting ludicrous over here.

upload_2017-3-30_1-7-17.png

upload_2017-3-30_1-7-42.png

Chrono.

Heads up but the Gamespot review of Persona 5 has heavy spoilers (despite Atlus' wishes on the regard).

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here's an update on my condition from my fainting incident on the train today; I visited a medical center and got myself checked out. The truth of the matter is that I had a condition that involves dehydration, which can lead to fainting after feeling woozy in the head, being hard to keep your eyes open, lack of energy, lowered body temperature, agitated stomach, and other signs. Basically, it appears this was a case of not drinking enough water (I do admit that I didn't drink much water last night, so perhaps that was what led to this incident). Regardless, no need to panick, fellow NintenZone members; I will be fine as long as I drink water and keep myself healthy; I really should take more care of myself when it comes to stuff like this. :)
Fainting is not just dehydration but also means that your blood sugar is too low. Or you might have anemia, many people regularly faints if they didn't like drink water regularly or eat breakfast. Some students back in my high school skips breakfast and eventually faints during PE classes...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The last one was tough, but Ibuki won. In actuality, both her and Alex tied equally with enough support and I had to play Bill's favorite game to decide the winner. Dudley did decently, but Elena did the worst. Sorry Thatkidwiththeafro Thatkidwiththeafro .

These characters also happen to be from 3, but half of them are villains (Illuminati joke here) and the other half are fan favorites that appeared in IV. Your choices are Urien, Gill, Yang/Yun (They can be alts, but Yang appeared in CvSNK 2), and Makoto. It won't be long until I reach Street Fighter IV.

Enjoy, Street Fighters.
Ha, the best Ninja Girl waifu wins. Better luck next time Alex fanboys.

I'll have to go with the Illuminati and Johnny Test's high school boyfriend. You know who.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Reference not found, explain please

How do you crossover with a drum?
Nova is a Marvel superhero. One of those who have taken on the mantle, and the most popular, is Richard (****) Rider.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Finally added my Switch FC.

Now I can friend all three or four of you who actually managed to get one.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
AND NOW: I just finished watching Season 3 of Samurai Jack! :)

Plus today I learned the origin of Jack's alternate costume in Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion (A black ninja outfit).

Next up: The formally final season that is 4!

Though, unlike Seasons 1-3, I never saw a single episode from 4 back when it originally aired for whatever reason so it'll feel new to me.

Just sent you a request.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
meanwhile don-chan is still in the us release of yokai watch 2 as a recruitable yokai

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Rainbow Mika was the winner, Birdie and Rose were close however. Poor Adon didn't get any support at all. Either way, a certain part of Mika's costume would have to be censored if she were ever considered.

No way it's going to be about Street Fighter III and those pesky parries. Your choices are Alex, Elena, Dudley, and Ibuki. Might have to bring you here since you like two of these Thatkidwiththeafro Thatkidwiththeafro .

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Alex or Ibuki are my bets for now.

Enjoy, Street Fighters.
Meh, I just was having fun with like 80% of my roster, I'm planning cuts for the April revival in order to lessen my work load for the game. Sorry in advance if your favorite gets cut from the Universe roster. Alex, Ken, and Sakura might be the only SF newcomer survivors. You've been warned - Afro

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
Well, my mom offered me to take me to the college campus she goes to while she takes a test there this Friday. I'm hoping to become a game designer, and this will be a good opportunity to check out the game design class there. And once I'm done checking it out I can finally take some time to beat the True Arena on Kirby Robobot. I must say, ESP is once of the most useful abilities for the arena, and I have stuck with the ability the entire story mode, so I have experience using it. I tried to go in with Hammer but I didn't go as far as I did with ESP.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Sorry if you end up sending a request to me and I don't answer, I sent mine in for repair today and I don't know if they'll end up sending me a totally different system back LOL.

Oddly enough, my Joy-Cons and dock both seemed to be working exactly as intended for the nearly a month that I hung on to the flawed one to play BotW and the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire. The handheld screen was just. . .kinda blanking out at random after a time and staying blank unless I docked and undocked it. Worked perfect when docked, actually, which is how I got so much play time in the first place.

I understand launch can be a little funky and I don't expect any other releases I'll be super interested in during the time frame until I'll probably get it back, though, so I'm fine sending it in right now. I hear Nintendo has good customer service and I don't think they're charging me anything for repair/replacement, so that's good. I know they definitely arranged for free two day shipping to get it over to their center.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Considering what I've seen the users in this thread discussing about AoT, I'd say he's right
Which is also why "Don’t Say You Love the Anime If You Haven’t Read the Manga" is a meme. That's literally BS.
But it is true that anime that adapts from manga (Especially Shonen's) often get postponed or canceled just because the anime has reached to manga's recent plot. Take Fairytail for example. Hunter X Hunter is a whole other thing to talk about.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom