• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
In other news, Wreck-It Ralph 2 has an official title now.

"Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2"

The bit at the end kind of isn't needed, IMO, but it's a fun title nonetheless.
Should have been Ralph Wrecks the Internet

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'll have them up tomorrow, whenever they get added (which would be at about 8am tomorrow over here). Kind of lame that I have to be reminded that Camilla exists yet again, but oh well. Even worse that she'll be the only example of a flying mage, which is something I've been hoping they'd add to the game.
It was either going to be her, Aversa or another Fates or Awakening character. You know, the only 2 Fire Emblem games to actually have flying mages.

D

Deleted member

Ok
Spears impaling 3 mooks with blood gushing out
Dissecting limbs
Cannibalism
Toy commercial.
That's gotta be some kick *** toy then. You're just jealous as they did a dark and edgy reboot right
Clearly, they're targeting the emo demographic

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It was either going to be her, Aversa or another Fates or Awakening character. You know, the only 2 Fire Emblem games to actually have flying mages.
I'm telling you guys.

Dark Flyer Sumia. Please, IS.

I'm just baffled she wasn't included in the first place.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Watched some gameplay of Snake Pass, it actually looks pretty fun...

Sort of has that collectathon Banjo-Kazooie vibe cept with a Snake and his little hummingbird friend...Appears to have some really clever platforming that you don't really see in any other game...

It'll go on my list of maybes...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't think that means much when they've given Shiida an Armorslayer instead of the Wing Spear (I know it's most likely taken from FE1, but still), or Ninian an attack skill, or some of the other things they've done that aren't entirely consistent with the source material. Even with just those two games, they could have had someone like Sumia (kind of surprised she wasn't in the game from the start, really).

D

Deleted member

While you pervs were all looking at the bunny costumes, Echoes got a new Japanese trailer
Weapon skills are neat
Barons(aka Generals) look so ****ing cool, and so do Dread Fighters
BITES ZA DUSTO confirmed to be a shared Stand between Alm and Celica
Also, Masked Knight is likely anither new character

Also also, fun fact, the woman at the end is Nuibaba and if you know about her in Gaiden you know why that's worth pointing out
Er...
There's romance judging by Season 2's trailer?
It's japanese Twilight then
I just watched an episode of Konosuba

Meh. Didn't grab me at all
Get out

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't think that means much when they've given Shiida an Armorslayer instead of the Wing Spear (I know it's most likely taken from FE1, but still), or Ninian an attack skill, or some of the other things they've done that aren't entirely consistent with the source material. Even with just those two games, they could have had someone like Sumia (kind of surprised she wasn't in the game from the start, really).
Actually, besides skills, the choice of stats like weapons or foot-type is pretty consistent. Considering that there are Pegasus Knights who wield swords and it was in Awakening and Fates that they could no longer wield swords. Falcon Knights weren't in the original FE1 or 3, but they are in the remakes where they still use Swords. So Shiida and Palla using a sword isn't inconsistent.
Heck, notice how all the Pegasus knights from Awakening and Fates only use spears? Notice how Frederick and Gunter, the Great Knights, are the only Cavalry units so far with Axes? Also with Draug, despite Generals themselves have been inconsistent throughout the series, Knights and Generals in the original Fire Emblem game could use swords. Still being consistent with the character's games.
And with Ninian, she's still consistent because despite her only being a dancer with no attacks gameplay-wise in Blazing Sword, we actually did witness her as a dragon, compared to Sophia who is also a half-dragon like Ninian, but we never saw her transform once. So dragonstone fits for Ninian like how Swords fit for Olivia and Lances for Azura. Really, despite skills and whatnot, in terms of weapons and foot-type, the characters have been very accurate to their games, whether by main game or remake.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What's wrong with it?
The game is pissing me off. Mainly the controls. To climb the bamboos you gotta hold A, ZR and ZL while moving both the left and right control sticks to climb this pillar.

It's frustrating me so much that I want to force my Switch through a wall.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also also, fun fact, the woman at the end is Nuibaba and if you know about her in Gaiden you know why that's worth pointing out
Hopefully this means the boss fight with her(?) is also revamped. Easily the most annoying set ups in the entire series.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Here's an update on my condition from my fainting incident on the train today; I visited a medical center and got myself checked out. The truth of the matter is that I had a condition that involves dehydration, which can lead to fainting after feeling woozy in the head, being hard to keep your eyes open, lack of energy, lowered body temperature, agitated stomach, and other signs. Basically, it appears this was a case of not drinking enough water (I do admit that I didn't drink much water last night, so perhaps that was what led to this incident). Regardless, no need to panick, fellow NintenZone members; I will be fine as long as I drink water and keep myself healthy; I really should take more care of myself when it comes to stuff like this. :)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here's an update on my condition from my fainting incident on the train today; I visited a medical center and got myself checked out. The truth of the matter is that I had a condition that involves dehydration, which can lead to fainting after feeling woozy in the head, being hard to keep your eyes open, lack of energy, lowered body temperature, agitated stomach, and other signs. Basically, it appears this was a case of not drinking enough water (I do admit that I didn't drink much water last night, so perhaps that was what led to this incident). Regardless, no need to panick, fellow NintenZone members; I will be fine as long as I drink water and keep myself healthy; I really should take more care of myself when it comes to stuff like this. :)
Time to awake Kyogre, because you need more than an ocean's worth of water

TEAM MAGMA IS A BUNCH OF STINKY NERDS

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The game is pissing me off. Mainly the controls. To climb the bamboos you gotta hold A, ZR and ZL while moving both the left and right control sticks to climb this pillar.

It's frustrating me so much that I want to force my Switch through a wall.
if you fall a lot, then you arent using the grip and Doodle, which is important
so you were just dehydrated? sounds like standard dehydration

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm starting to wonder if we'll get another Nintendo Direct before E3.

I feel like we're closing in on the sort of timeframe where we should be getting one.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Reading through a NeoGAF thread asking what Retro's doing and MAN some people are stuck in a "It has to be DK or Metroid" mindset. XD

It's like a lot of people are utterly incapable of considering even the possibility of them trying something new. Like say, that time where they made nothing but Metroid games and then they went and made Donkey Kong.

Even without the interview they did when they were wrapping up Tropical Freeze that mindset is kind of jinxing it. With the interview in mind it just makes it that much more likely a lot of people are going to be taken off guard.

Also DK and Metroid fans getting into catfights. Which considering the above might possibly get even sillier soon.

I mean if it's DK or Metroid after all then eh, but it's safer to prepare for something unpredictable because it's the thing most likely to be a shock. That and Retro already telegraphed it a long time ago.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Statue update: I'm still sick, my throat is horrible, I'm listening Sonic CD music before going to bed and I changed my avatar to a good old one.
So yeah, today was not really great for me. But I hope your day was great.~

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Because reboots are the current hot topic (I actually don't know if this is a reboot or a sequel or something else lol).

Technically this is just an adaptation since the other is a TV Miniseries.

But yeah, this looks good. Probably gonna check it out.

Needs to have this scene though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm having my birthday dinner right now, and I just had the worst margarita I've ever had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom