• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen i felt the same way after the furst 2 epusodes of konosuba

Only kept watchung becayse i felt after 2 i needed to keep watching. it gets much better and funnier as you go on. (or at least it gets better up to like episode 9 because i havent finished yet)

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Reading through a NeoGAF thread asking what Retro's doing and MAN some people are stuck in a "It has to be DK or Metroid" mindset. XD

It's like a lot of people are utterly incapable of considering even the possibility of them trying something new. Like say, that time where they made nothing but Metroid games and then they went and made Donkey Kong.

Even without the interview they did when they were wrapping up Tropical Freeze that mindset is kind of jinxing it. With the interview in mind it just makes it that much more likely a lot of people are going to be taken off guard.

Also DK and Metroid fans getting into catfights. Which considering the above might possibly get even sillier soon.

I mean if it's DK or Metroid after all then eh, but it's safer to prepare for something unpredictable because it's the thing most likely to be a shock. That and Retro already telegraphed it a long time ago.
You mean the one where OP calls DK:TF a tragedy?
Best posts are the ones calling him out for also making this thread.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen i felt the same way after the furst 2 epusodes of konosuba

Only kept watchung becayse i felt after 2 i needed to keep watching. it gets much better and funnier as you go on. (or at least it gets better up to like episode 9 because i havent finished yet)
there is a Konosuba game coming out based on the crappy panty stealing cliche that happened in the show I think.

cant make myself watch the anime again though
In a way, yeah; it was completely unexpected for me since I've never actually fainted before. Regardless, I plan on keeping myself better hydrated.
Thats reminds me, I have to drink more water pff but I have been gulping down my sisters gateraid all week and that cant be good for me

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Well, that could be true but the concept itself tires me. Especially as I'm already watching a video game themed show that's got the biggest twist of them all. Its's not humans going into a video game world, but video games becoming real because of a virus

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I'm sure we'll get something.

But it ain't that April 1st thing 4chan is claiming.
If that's the case, then I am glad that it's just an April Fools joke; the lack of Smash news according to the original poster made me feel a bit uneasy. At this point, they should at least foreshadow or tease what's to come in a Nintendo Direct.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had been craving crustacean forever. Kind of wish I got the meal with crab legs but I suspect it wouldn't come with much anyway.

There is little food I love more than crab and lobster.

Ironically, every girl I've hung with hates seafood so I've never been able to take a girl out to a lobster place

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They'll probably keep hush-hush on Switch games until E3 (even though it's a bad idea to keep too hush-hush), but they should at least do a 3DS Direct soon to get that stuff out of the way so it's not taking up time at E3.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Memba when we actually got a Direct on April 1st?
Memba when a dude at 4chan nailed it with a leak about the Switch presentation?

At this point anything can happen. :052:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They'll probably keep hush-hush on Switch games until E3 (even though it's a bad idea to keep too hush-hush), but they should at least do a 3DS Direct soon to get that stuff out of the way so it's not taking up time at E3.
A 3DS Direct could at least cover Pikmin 3DS, Ever Oasis, Shadows of Valentia, and Fire Emblem Warriors (since it'll have a New 3DS port), so I could see one happening.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
A 3DS Direct could at least cover Pikmin 3DS, Ever Oasis, Shadows of Valentia, and Fire Emblem Warriors (since it'll have a New 3DS port), so I could see one happening.
They could probably also chuck something out for ARMS, Mario Kart (even if it's just a "Hey this releases at the end of April guys!" thing) and Splatoon 2.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Actually, I'm curious what we're getting for April Fools this year, he had EmblemBoards last year and ShaqBoards the year before.

Granted the best/worst april fools joke last year was a teaser of Godzilla VS EVA-101
We gonna get JohnCenaBoards; which in reality is just CrashBoards, because you can't see the forums.

*cue Warchamp laughing in the distance*

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We gonna get JohnCenaBoards; which in reality is just CrashBoards, because you can't see the forums.

*cue Warchamp laughing in the distance*
Even better. It actually IS CrashBoards...and the entire site becomes a Crash Bandicoot fan site.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I don't think that means much when they've given Shiida an Armorslayer instead of the Wing Spear (I know it's most likely taken from FE1, but still), or Ninian an attack skill, or some of the other things they've done that aren't entirely consistent with the source material. Even with just those two games, they could have had someone like Sumia (kind of surprised she wasn't in the game from the start, really).
Both of the things you listed are things characters have been able to do, though. Shiida has been able to use swords in every iteration of the Akaneia games she's been in, and Ninian has been able to transform even if she never used that ability in gameplay. Just because it's not necessarily their most iconic ability doesn't mean it's not "consistent" with their original appearances.

Speaking of flying mages, I've been thinking about the possibility of having armored mages in Heroes. Armors are currently the only class of unit without some kind of ranged attack. It may seem strange, but there have been some armored units that used magic in the form if the Barons from FE4/5. Though the only ones from those games notable enough to be likely for Heroes are Arvis and Reptor/Bloom. Maybe Daccar if they really need a Green Magic user.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Even better. It actually IS CrashBoards...and the entire site becomes a Crash Bandicoot fan site.
Dude, rejoin the staff to make that a reality.

The april fools joke is that there is no april fools joke

You can trust me because im a mod
or can you?
>Not suggesting RomanReignsBoards to the Admins.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
They could probably also chuck something out for ARMS, Mario Kart (even if it's just a "Hey this releases at the end of April guys!" thing) and Splatoon 2.

Yup. That and just coat the walls with indies to fill in any gaps. They hardly even touched upon the full pool they have announced, they can pad anything they want.

Also I kind of want to know when Terraria is coming out for the system.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Almost forgot about the annual April Fools party. What was the full list of past ones again? I remember Emblemboards.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Speaking of flying mages, I've been thinking about the possibility of having armored mages in Heroes. Armors are currently the only class of unit without some kind of ranged attack. It may seem strange, but there have been some armored units that used magic in the form if the Barons from FE4/5. Though the only ones from those games notable enough to be likely for Heroes are Arvis and Reptor/Bloom. Maybe Daccar if they really need a Green Magic user.
I wonder if the same could happen for Bows. I mean, in FE4 and the remakes for FE1/3, Generals could use Bows and so far, only Draug has been used for Akaneia Knights/Generals. But regardless, there hasn't really been any armored classes that use ranged attacks. Sorcerer is more defensive-oriented compared to other Magic classes, but it's still not an armored class.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Here's an update on my condition from my fainting incident on the train today; I visited a medical center and got myself checked out. The truth of the matter is that I had a condition that involves dehydration, which can lead to fainting after feeling woozy in the head, being hard to keep your eyes open, lack of energy, lowered body temperature, agitated stomach, and other signs. Basically, it appears this was a case of not drinking enough water (I do admit that I didn't drink much water last night, so perhaps that was what led to this incident). Regardless, no need to panick, fellow NintenZone members; I will be fine as long as I drink water and keep myself healthy; I really should take more care of myself when it comes to stuff like this. :)
Good to hear you're alright.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Almost forgot about the annual April Fools party. What was the full list of past ones again? I remember Emblemboards.
Emblemboards.
Shaqboards.

And there was another where they reverted the site to how it looked around the time it first started.

Chrono.

Unlocked this cool thing in BotW.

That Speed boost is no joke, it's like Bunny Hood but better.

D

Deleted member

there is a Konosuba game coming out based on the crappy panty stealing cliche that happened in the show I think.
Proof God is real and he's not dead
Christians: 1
Atheists: 0
Well, that could be true but the concept itself tires me. Especially as I'm already watching a video game themed show that's got the biggest twist of them all. Its's not humans going into a video game world, but video games becoming real because of a virus
The whole point of the show is to parody that whole genre and it does so beautifully
Instead of "otaku goes to Fantasy Land, is ****ing unstoppable and his party is his own personal harem" Konosuba gives us "otaku goes to Fantasy Land and almost dies because he's a ****ing idiot and his party is consisted of three unstable and crazy girls"
The show still manages to parody Game tropes themselves and its jokes are usually about the character interactions.
Speaking of which, the characters are genuinely likeable and I got out of it loving the four idiots that compose the main cast. Even the side characters have their own moments such as Wiz(especially in the S2 finale).
And even with all the silliness, it knows when to get serious and show that despite all their bickering, the four really do care about each other and see them as true companions.

Oh god, I swear if you're talking about KR I'll--
Actually, I'm curious what we're getting for April Fools this year, he had EmblemBoards last year and ShaqBoards the year before.

Granted the best/worst april fools joke last year was a teaser of Godzilla VS EVA-101
This year's April Fools will be the EOV localisation announcement because **** me

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
TIL that Orbot is the real president of Nintendo.

There was a Sonic Boom episode where Orbot becomes an evil genius, and one of his plots is where he creates an artificial shortage on a line of popular collectors figurines.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Proof God is real and he's not dead
Christians: 1
Atheists: 0

The whole point of the show is to parody that whole genre and it does so beautifully
Instead of "otaku goes to Fantasy Land, is ****ing unstoppable and his party is his own personal harem" Konosuba gives us "otaku goes to Fantasy Land and almost dies because he's a ****ing idiot and his party is consisted of three unstable and crazy girls"
The show still manages to parody Game tropes themselves and its jokes are usually about the character interactions.
Speaking of which, the characters are genuinely likeable and I got out of it loving the four idiots that compose the main cast. Even the side characters have their own moments such as Wiz(especially in the S2 finale).
And even with all the silliness, it knows when to get serious and show that despite all their bickering, the four really do care about each other and see them as true companions.

Oh god, I swear if you're talking about KR I'll--

This year's April Fools will be the EOV localisation announcement because **** me
Kamen Rider Ex-Aid crossed over with Pac-Man and Taiko no Tatsujin
Ex-Aid: 791
Konosuba: 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom