• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Ha, the best Ninja Girl waifu wins. Better luck next time Alex fanboys.

I'll have to go with the Illuminati and Johnny Test's high school boyfriend. You know who.
No duh, it was obvious since Season 1 that Gill was gay and wanted Johnny more than his cute branianc sisters.

Meh, I just was having fun with like 80% of my roster, I'm planning cuts for the April revival in order to lessen my work load for the game. Sorry in advance if your favorite gets cut from the Universe roster. Alex, Ken, and Sakura might be the only SF newcomer survivors. You've been warned - Afro
R.I.P. Chun-Li

Like if you cry every time.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
>When importing from the UK is cheaper than buying within Ireland.

Seriously though, GameStop is getting ludicrous over here.

View attachment 127416
View attachment 127417
I think, or at least hope, those are just placeholder prices. At least the standalone game should be, since it still lists the placeholder release date too. Kind of lame for me if the limited edition is actually €110, though, since Gamestop was the only place where I could get a preorder for it (they sold out on Amazon really quickly, as usual).

Importing from Amazon UK is almost always cheaper than buying locally, though, I find. Especially with the exchange rates lately. I've only bought maybe one game from an Irish shop in the last 3-4 years.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No duh, it was obvious since Season 1 that Gill was gay and wanted Johnny more than his cute branianc sisters.
I don't care about Johnny Test anymore, but how the hell was Gill gay? I thought he was more of a bro that found him cool because he's the ideal millennial to hang with.

But you do have to question him ignoring those two hot scientist sisters.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, my mom offered me to take me to the college campus she goes to while she takes a test there this Friday. I'm hoping to become a game designer, and this will be a good opportunity to check out the game design class there. And once I'm done checking it out I can finally take some time to beat the True Arena on Kirby Robobot. I must say, ESP is once of the most useful abilities for the arena, and I have stuck with the ability the entire story mode, so I have experience using it. I tried to go in with Hammer but I didn't go as far as I did with ESP.
That's quite interesting... I hope you enjoy your time exploring this college campus! As for wanting to pick game design as a career option, I'd say go for it! (I may or may not secretly be studying something like that right now). But be warned; it can be tough getting a job later in life for game design since everyone wants to do it based off what I've seen. I'd recommend getting some experience in other areas (like in coding and programming), as it'll increase your wide range of hiring opportunities. But hey, that's just my opinion! :o

You're not wrong on ESP being useful in Planet Robobot's True Arena; if I am not mistaken, it is the only ability that is useful in a certain scenario at a certain point in the True Arena (I believe you said that you haven't beaten it quite yet, so I won't spoil anything). If it makes you feel any better though, I basically used Hammer to beat the True Arena. I have no shame. :p

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Wii U has Meme Run and Bigley's Revenge. Your argument is invalid.

But come on, you can't seriously say the Wii U had no games.
I actually have Meme Run

And honestly, Smash, Toyko Mirage Sessions and Bayonetta 2 are the only truly great Wii U exclusives. Mario Kart is better on the Switch. Splatoon has some really big flaws like awful split screen and boring single player. Mario 3D World was garbage. So was NSMBU. Mario Maker had large flaws too. Star Fox had awful controls

So I may or may not have been using KIU's dodge improperly

My favorite game of all time and I might not have understood how one of the most important game mechancis worked. Dang it me.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Let's see. . .my Wii U doesn't have too many games because I was already waiting on the Switch when I bought it. Of them, like half of them are neglected while the only ones I remember dumping any significant amount of time into are Splatoon, Smash 4, and XCX. For a very long time early on, the only Wii U game that piqued my interest was Hyrule Warriors, but I never did get around to buying it.

Now let's look at the Switch. . .

>Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Warriors
>Nintendo acting really weird about Smash

. . .Naaaah I think I'll be fine sticking with the Switch.

For me, the Switch speaks more to the promise of having the same great kinds of games the 3DS had. I don't think all of that is happening right away, but having sequels to all the great games I had or wanted on the Wii U certainly is LOL.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
RIP Xenoblade Signature; you'll be back bigger and better when I include XC2 elements on it.

For now on, Westbeast only.

What's the standard sig size btw?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh, XCX.

I was soooooooo disappointed by that game. I gave up after ten hours
Isn't that the case for everyone with every game I like ever, heh. . .

I think I put like 190 hours into that game. The Tatsu joke was kinda stupid and I'm not sure if I'd want to replay it, but I'm open to the idea of another Xeno game and Xenoblade 2's soundtrack being handled by the guy that did freaking Boss Fight 1 at least is a good sign.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh, XCX.

I was soooooooo disappointed by that game. I gave up after ten hours
Dude, you're not even past the tutorial at tens hours.

You barely scratched the surface.

It is really unfair Shonen give Togashi tons of privilege... To slack off...
It's really out of control.
Isn't it less slacking off and more hand is broken as ****?

I don't pay that much attention to the hiatus since i'm not caught up but I don't think the writer is just lazy (or at least I hope not)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Isn't it less slacking off and more hand is broken as ****?

I don't pay that much attention to the hiatus since i'm not caught up but I don't think the writer is just lazy (or at least I hope not)
He gives more reason for that. And no matter what it is it has already cause a bit of controversy among fans, Shonen, and other Manga artists. It is hard to make Manga for Shonen, artists have a hard time to take a break. So to some degree it is understandable. But this still makes us fans unhappy.
At least he did continue Hunter X Hunter for a couple of months last year, so that's a plus.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I think I put like 190 hours into that game. The Tatsu joke was kinda stupid and I'm not sure if I'd want to replay it, but I'm open to the idea of another Xeno game and Xenoblade 2's soundtrack being handled by the guy that did freaking Boss Fight 1 at least is a good sign.
Yeah, we all know most of Xenoblade Chronicles' ost composers are back. And Misuda not only compose Chrono Trigger but also work for Xenogears, and SEGA 's recent game Valkyrie Revolution.
I just hope he can be involved in more soundtrack this time.
This from Xenogears is just good.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Iirc Togashi's condition was bad enough that his wife Naoko Takeuchi had to help him with the manga work... thus causing delays in Sailor Moon Crystal.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Isn't that life in a nutshell?

"Everybody doesn't like what I like!"
Or also:

That being said, when it comes to games where at first I'm not a fan of, then I do 1 of 2 things:
1: Try and learn everything on what does what, how what works and all that jazz. This was sort of the thing with Xenoblade X. At the beginning, even when I was learning a bunch of things, it wasn't easy understanding. Once I actually looked into detail at what worked and how what worked, Xenoblade X became a lot more enjoyable.

2: If the game has different ways of doing stuff, there's a possibility that what I'm doing is not making it fun for me. So I try looking into the different ways of playing the game or what other players have done to play the game and try those and see how playing differently impacts my enjoyment of the game. I know there was a game that was like this to me, but I can't remember what it is at the moment.

Either way, I can't say there is a game I hate, as most of the time, there is almost always something that I will enjoy from a game and I do let that factor in. If I actually feel legitimate enjoyment from something doing it's stuff correctly, and not involving something outside like witty referencing or commentary to make it enjoyable, that is always a positive.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There was a problem fetching the tweet

BotW confirmed for darkest timeline.

But the picture on the left is of Hyrule and the one on the right is Gamelon. They're two different places.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
welp just did everylunatic mission and finally finished up story mode in fe heros so now im sitting at 50 orbs for tomorrow

D

Deleted member

Sorry Qrow, I can't give credit. Come back when you're a little Mmmmmmmmmmmm richer!

> Lupay the best character
> Not Militron who's the cooler villain.

Go and kill!

Dude, you're not even past the tutorial at tens hours.

You barely scratched the surface.
Is this sarcasm or an actual point? Because if it's an actual point then it's just another reason why I'm glad I didn't get that far into the game. I mean, obviously RPG tutorials are longer than tutorials of other games, but 10 hours for me to wait for the game to get interesting?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Isn't that life in a nutshell?

"Everybody doesn't like what I like!"
Or also:

That being said, when it comes to games where at first I'm not a fan of, then I do 1 of 2 things:
1: Try and learn everything on what does what, how what works and all that jazz. This was sort of the thing with Xenoblade X. At the beginning, even when I was learning a bunch of things, it wasn't easy understanding. Once I actually looked into detail at what worked and how what worked, Xenoblade X became a lot more enjoyable.

2: If the game has different ways of doing stuff, there's a possibility that what I'm doing is not making it fun for me. So I try looking into the different ways of playing the game or what other players have done to play the game and try those and see how playing differently impacts my enjoyment of the game. I know there was a game that was like this to me, but I can't remember what it is at the moment.

Either way, I can't say there is a game I hate, as most of the time, there is almost always something that I will enjoy from a game and I do let that factor in. If I actually feel legitimate enjoyment from something doing it's stuff correctly, and not involving something outside like witty referencing or commentary to make it enjoyable, that is always a positive.
I think there's two kinds of games for me, games I like and games I just don't feel like I'm a good fit for, with a bit of a sliding scale. If I don't fit well with a game I just kind of feel apathy, if I'm getting outright angry it's probably fun enough overall that there's a reason I'm still sitting there putting up with whatever spot it's at LOL.

Well, then there's "Why won't your fanbase stop chasing around other fanbases would you stop already," but that says less about the games and more about the fact that 90's kids are apparently hilariously cranky. While everyone else projects game quality over silly things like bad fanart, I find I'm more inclined to slip into that trap when the fandoms are just downright rude.

Really though, I think most games have positive points at least somewhere. Even the ones that are ultra-ultra-worst game ever scapegoats.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I completely dropped X in the first few hours too, I just couldn't get into the game at all. The horrendous music did not help.

I've been debating whether I should get Snake Pass or rebuy Shovel Knight for Switch.

I already have Shovel Knight on my 3DS, but I haven't touched the thing since I got my the Switch, and I'm really unsure of double dipping on the game unless the price eventually drops. Snake Pass looks unique, and I've been hearing it being called a platformer, despite the fact that there doesn't seem to be any apparent way for a snake to jump... And nothing else on the eshop looks remotely interesting to me. I could keep playing Zelda, but all I have left are a handful of shrines and a lot of Korok seeds.

Gonna be a long wait for Odyssey...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
10 Hours as a meter-mark for determining whether a game is fun to you or not? For myself, I think some important benchmarks to see whether or not a game stays in my library has a few other factors;
1: Depending on a certain number of play sessions for a certain length of time, I can find enjoyment in the game.
2: Whether or not I can enjoy the game either on my own or with others (E.G, a Vs. Fighting game)
3: Whether or not I can bring myself to completing the game based on my enjoyment of it.
4: First impressions of the game: Whether they get you enticed into this game world you're about to enter, or the experience so far doesn't live up to what you hoped for it.
5: What is the motivation for you to keep playing this game?
6: Does the game's quality and enjoyment last after further play sessions? Or do you feel like it's a hassle to think 'I'm gonna play this game, because I want to beat it?'

Does this mean that right now I'll go through my entire library and throw out every game I've yet to spend more than 10 hours on? Probably not, but I guess if there is one that hasn't quite hooked me on, then I might consider letting it go. Otherwise if there is a <10 hour title that I have yet to beat but will probably get back to it, then it's in the backlog because I see myself as a slow paced gamer.

This is probably my thought process on this debate.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sooooooo.....I started a new playthrough of Breath of the Wild after making a new User Profile:p...Gonna go for all memories but no Divine Beasts for this run...Probably not going for all shrines this time though but I will go for as many as I can, but not going to go too much out of my way in obtaining them...still want to get as many Korok seeds since more inventory is always better than not...

Running through the Great Plateau after having a whole playthrough's experience under my belt is oddly satisfying...still fun though cuz now I have to actually focus on gathering food and materials instead of just skipping mostly everything because I'm already stacked from many hours of gathering, but now I can focus on essentials instead of gathering everything in sight...just being more efficient...Was also fun thinking up new strategies for taking on tougher enemies...

I still died a couple times though, cuz while climbing for some reason Link just starts falling instead of actually climbing onto a ledge, and while in freezing water I forgot I don't have the paraglider so I was a bit too generous with the distance between the Cryonis Ice blocks...

I also should remember to bring Wolf Link along every now and then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom