• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
there doesn't seem to be any apparent way for a snake to jump...
That never stopped Rattly the Rattlesnake from jumping around in Donkey Country 2 and Land 2.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I completely dropped X in the first few hours too, I just couldn't get into the game at all. The horrendous music did not help.
Nah, for those who enjoy more story focused JRPG, then XCX is obviously not for you.
Saying the music on XCX is horrendous... which was composed by Sawano, the same dude who compose AoT anime ost? Some soundtrack were terrible to hear in game, but listening on my phone sounds awesome and epic.

I hope you don't think THEME X is horrendous (Which is the music that you heard when you are about to began the first chapter), Black Tar, New LA I can understand.

I also found this gif really hilarious

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The former governor of my state is going to be added to the Red Notices list of the Interpol; ****'s finally got spicy in México. :denzel:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I hope you don't think THEME X is horrendous (Which is the music that you heard when you are about to began the first chapter), Black Tar, New LA I can understand.
I could understand the rap songs, but I still thought some of the music was really great. The World Themes like Noctilum, Oblivia and Sylvalum, the Title Theme, the Opening when you look upon Primordia for the first time, Uncontrollable, the Ma-non Ship(I'm a sucker for acoustic guitar), and a bunch of others.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I also found this gif really hilarious
DUB WHEN GODDAMMIT
To be fair, from what swamp has told me about his progress, it probably did take him 10 hours to actually beat that first tutorial mission :troll:
I GOT STUCK IN A SIDE QUEST FOR 10 HOURS REALLY IN THE GAME GOD ****ING DAMMIT
*deep breath*
As someone who beat most of the main game and liked most of it, taking 10 hours is still bad even if the rest of the game is good despite XCX having a ****ton of problems LIKE GETTING STUCK IN AN AFFINITY MISSION FOR 10 HOURS AND NEVER BEING ABLE TO MAKE PROGRESS UNTIL YOU BEAT IT.
Also lmao shishi went "It's supposed to be annoying" as if that's good

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I honestly liked Xenoblade X more for the sidequests then the story as I had more fun talking to the NPCs, expanding the lore of the different races and the interactions people had, and learning a bit more about some of the side characters. It also got me to explore the world of Mira, which while limited in some respects was very fun to travel through, especially when you get your skells.

I completely dropped X in the first few hours too, I just couldn't get into the game at all. The horrendous music did not help.
I honestly felt X's soundtrack was pretty great, it does have a few tracks that can be offputting if you don't care for the genre (like Black Tar), but there's many different themes that are fun to listen to. Noctilum as mentioned before is one of my favorites from the game for instance as it makes great use of the instruments.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Xenoblade X is just a horrid game in general so you really aren't missing much beyond a **** story, awful characters, terrible soundtrack, boring world design, poor enemy placement or the crappy Skells if you drop it within the first 10 hours. Gameplay doesn't even feel as good as the original outside of faster movement options.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I honestly liked Xenoblade X more for the sidequests then the story as I had more fun talking to the NPCs, expanding the lore of the different races and the interactions people had, and learning a bit more about some of the side characters. It also got me to explore the world of Mira, which while limited in some respects was very fun to travel through, especially when you get your skells.
Most of this is also why I enjoyed Xenoblade X. Even if I do enjoy a good story, I'm a person who believes story isn't a necessity. I just see a good story as a bonus. But I absolutely love world exploring, world building, character development and interactions, backstory and lore. Basically, I could care less for the story if I'm enjoying or feeling for the characters and marveling at the world.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I thought of a funny joke but it might be beating a dead horse so I'll spoiler tag it.

The next iteration of Smash Bros will feature the map of BotW as a playable character.

Im the same interview, Sakurai stated Ridley is still too big.

Also, I'm gonna re-read Fairy Tail.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Xenoblade X is just a horrid game in general so you really aren't missing much beyond a **** story, awful characters, terrible soundtrack, boring world design, poor enemy placement or the crappy Skells if you drop it within the first 10 hours. Gameplay doesn't even feel as good as the original outside of faster movement options.

I have to against with a lot your points, the soundtrack I have to admit is pretty crappie in game for most of the time, but soundtrack themselves are just amazing. Character I can think is awful is Tatsu. Story was meant to be weak as well compare to the previous one.
The Skells were probably the best feature in this game.
I really hope you are just being exaggerated because some of your point are too objective and don't really have a legit point.

Last edited:

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
It's not a complete moveset, but here's my concept for BOTW Link in Smash:

WILD LINK Awakens!

Wild Link would represent BOTW as a whole. His default costume is the iconic Champion's Tunic, complete with lack of hat. His Alts would include some of the other noteworthy armors, such as the Zora Set. One in particular is the Bokoblin Mask, complete with red-dyed tunic. This costume even changes Wild Link's idle animation!

W. Link's moveset incorporates many of the mechanics that make up BOTW. He spawns into a match wielding a Traveler's Sword. This sword gives him a standard moveset that is reminiscent of the standard Link, with minor differences. However, after landing enough hits, the sword shatters. The attack that breaks the sword deals doubled damage and knockback, making it deadly if timed right. Once the sword breaks, W. Link's next Standard attack will cause him to pull out a new weapon. Jab will pull out a new Traveler's Sword. F-Tilt or F-Smash pulls out a Woodcutter's Axe. The Axe is a heavy hitting, slow swinging weapon. The Axe has higher durability than the Sword, but its slowness makes it difficult to capitalize on. U-Tilt or U-Smash brings out a Lizal Spear. The Spear is long and fast, but its durability is low. The Spear is excellent for poking at foes. Finally, D-Tilt or D-Smash brings out a Knight's Claymore. The Claymore is similar to the Sword, but is much larger, requiring two hands. The Claymore hits hard, but is slightly slower than even the Axe. The Claymore has respectable durability.

Normally, W. Link would have to use these weapons until they broke, but by holding the Grab button, he can throw his current weapon. How far it flies depends on the weapon, but the throw always deals damage equal to that weapon's F-Tilt. If a weapon is heavily damaged, the throw will cause it to break on impact, complete with the boosted damage and knockback.

Wild Link's Specials generally rely on the Sheikah Slate, but incorporate other techniques as well. The Standard Special is Remote Bombs. With a simple press of the B button, W. Link generates a glowing blue bomb. He can throw the bomb wherever he likes and then detonate it with the B button. The blast can damage W. Link, so be careful! The Side Special is Flurry Rush. Once B is pressed, W. Link hops backwards. If this hop successfully dodges an attack, W. Link automatically rushes to the foe and attacks at lightning speed. This causes him to automatically land 3-5 hits on the foe, depending on his weapon. This move can break a weapon, which will still apply the damage and knockback bonus. The Up Special is Revalli's Gale. This move causes W. Link to rapidly ascend a short distance. This plays into the unique mechanics of his jump. Finally, the Down Special is Magnesis. Using this move pulls a large metal box from the stage. From here, W. Link can freely manipulate the box within a certain radius. The box is rather heavy, and slamming it into opponents deals damage. Only one box can be on stage, and the box lasts until it is knocked off the stage.

In addition to his weapon swap mechanic, Wild Link also boasts some unique movement mechanics. For starters, by holding the Jump button, Wild Link can pull out his trusty Paraglider. This slows his fall and gives him incomparable aerial control, but limits his offensive capabilities. Once the Paraglider is open, it cannot be closed until Wild Link lands. Only two moves can be used from the Paraglider: Remote Bombs and Revalli's Gale. Additionally, Wild Link can scale walls for a limited distance. This aids his recovery, but can spell his doom if he attempts to climb a wall that is too tall to scale. Finally, by holding Shield in midair, Wild Link can surf on his Rusty Shield. This is mostly a novelty, but has some merit on stages with large slopes.

What would a new character be without a stage?

Enter the Shrine of Aku Sari! Based on the many Shrines in BOTW, Aku Sari's Shrine is a peaceful indoor stage. Despite being indoors, Star KO's are still possible. The stage has minimal hazards, and is overseen by a meditating Sheikah Monk. Aku Sari's Shrine is meant to be a simple stage that lends players an opportunity to focus on combat.

What's everybody's thoughts?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Story was meant to be weak as well compare to the previous one.
Uh no, no self respecting developer would aim to make a game worse than a prior game.

I really hope you are just being exaggerated because some of your point are too objective and don't really have a legit point.
Sure they aren't legit, even though they're based on my time with the game which was far from enjoyable.

Must be fake because I didn't like a game I thought was bad. :rolleyes:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Now see, I've put quite a lot of time into the game and I still either completely disagree with your points or find these issues in the first Xenoblade as well.

Cause let's be honest, Xenoblade got pretty boring with its dungeon and late game level designs at times and also had terrible enemy placements. That said, I feel like I can see most of the Xenoblade X enemies coming in time and have plenty of room to give them a wide bearth. I couldn't do that at times in the original Xenoblade.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Xenoblade X is pretty good, the thing is that takes a different approach than XC as many know.

XC: Story driven (**** gets real after a few hours playing), "magical" themes, exploration takes a backseat sometimes, but you still find interesting stuff... except Ice Cabbages, those things are a myth.

XCX: Exploration driven, technological themes, story takes the backseat this time but is good:
Lao's backstory and the reasoning of his betrayal to humanity, bruh.
And in this story **** gets real after finishing a number of chapters.

With both of them having that dose of Sci-Fi; trademark of Monolith Soft.

I hope they keep the different approaches for Xenoblade 2 and X2.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will say, there are three things I absolutely adore in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

• The world design
  • The alien fauna
  • The side quests
There are other things I enjoy but those are the three best parts.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I will say, there are three things I absolutely adore in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

• The world design
  • The alien fauna
  • The side quests
Tell you what, when I was playing the game I had just got back from another playthrough of the first Xenoblade. When I first got the mission that led me into Noctilum I avoided it. I just didn't want to sit through a long ass loading screen like when you boot up the game. One day I bit the bullet and headed that way. When I started noticing the environment changing I was like 'Oh God here it comes,' then I got to where I thought it would load. Seamless transition.

My mind was ****ing blown. After playing through games like Skyrim and such I thought I knew how X would go. Long loading screens for everything but no, none of the loading screens that were in the game were long at all. That alone speaks to the caliber of the game not even mentioning the wide open world, the relatively good story, the fun characters, and the awesome skells.

I see where Schnee117 Schnee117 is coming from definitely cause I was admittedly exhausted by the end of my run but damn I really loved it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Now see, I've put quite a lot of time into the game and I still either completely disagree with your points or find these issues in the first Xenoblade as well.

Cause let's be honest, Xenoblade got pretty boring with its dungeon and late game level designs at times and also had terrible enemy placements. That said, I feel like I can see most of the Xenoblade X enemies coming in time and have plenty of room to give them a wide bearth. I couldn't do that at times in the original Xenoblade.
I didn't have stealth forced down my throat in the original Xenoblade. In X, I'd constantly have to stealth or die when I first entered Noctilum. Not to mention Tyrants who's levels are 3x higher than yours popping out of the sand in whatever the desert area is called

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Parrots are in minecraft now

You can feed them cookies to tame them. Once tames they can ride on your shoulders

Until you jump, then they fly away

I don't get it

Untitled-7.jpg

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so with 60 orbs i pulled 4 5* units (bunny lucina, bunny xander, cordelia and a dupe fae)

Also stats have been reblanaced in mario kart 8 deluxe

heres the wiiu stats for the standard kart set up

AND heres the switch
this is actually kind of a big deal

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I didn't have stealth forced down my throat in the original Xenoblade. In X, I'd constantly have to stealth or die when I first entered Noctilum. Not to mention Tyrants who's levels are 3x higher than yours popping out of the sand in whatever the desert area is called
I actually like the stealth element. I feel like I'm actually trying to survive in an alien world. Gotta be careful in uncharted territory.

As for tyrants in Sylvanium, if you got surprised, that's you not paying attention. All the enemies have a tell. Pay careful attention and you can see parts of camouflage.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I actually like the stealth element. I feel like I'm actually trying to survive in an alien world.

As for tyrants in Sylvanium, if you got surprised, that's you not paying attention. All the enemies have a tell. Pay careful attention and you can see parts of camouflage.
I wasn't talking about Sylvalum, but Oblivia. I'm talking about giant mother****ers randomly coming out of the ground, Sylvalum's very late game so I'd be able to forgive that, but not the second region in the game

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
while were talking about Xenoblade chronicles X the game legit made me freaked out because of a decision i made in a side quest
im specifically talking about the water treatment plant sidequest wherein you can choose weather or not to let a person take a shower, i chose not to let her and i flat out nearly had a heart attack when i realized what could have happened and later finding out if you let them take a shower said thing DOES happen

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wasn't talking about Sylvalum, but Oblivia. I'm talking about giant mother****ers randomly coming out of the ground, Sylvalum's very late game so I'd be able to forgive that, but not the second region in the game
Oblivia? That's the third area.

You mean the cicada things?

I can't think of anything else that comes out of the ground and they come out of the ground as soon as they load. They aren't trying to ambush you.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
while were talking about Xenoblade chronicles X the game legit made me freaked out because of a decision i made in a side quest
im specifically talking about the water treatment plant sidequest wherein you can choose weather or not to let a person take a shower, i chose not to let her and i flat out nearly had a heart attack when i realized what could have happened and later finding out if you let them take a shower said thing DOES happen
**** man, that hit me REALLY ****ing hard. That was a good ass sidequest
Oblivia? That's the third area.

You mean the cicada things?

I can't think of anything else that comes out of the ground and they come out of the ground as soon as they load. They aren't trying to ambush you.
It's the second region you have to go to. What are you talking about?

I meant Squallo the Sand Mirer. It has a tell, but because I was running from something, I didn't get to see a tell as I was checking if I was outrunning the ******

D

Deleted member

My only problem with XCX is how the game forces you to grind to even attempt certain missions, I got sguck in a Story Mission because I was about 5 levels below the requirement and after DAYS of grinding and doing quests and defeating Tyrants, I went up ONE level. That was the last time I played.
If it didn't have these dumb restrictions, I would've liked it a lot more. If I want to explore, I'll do it myself, don't put and arbitrary minimum so I can actually play the damn story.

Also, quests not telling you where the **** to find items is the single most bull**** thing I've ever seen.
DUB WHEN GODDAMMIT

I GOT STUCK IN A SIDE QUEST FOR 10 HOURS REALLY IN THE GAME GOD ****ING DAMMIT
*deep breath*
As someone who beat most of the main game and liked most of it, taking 10 hours is still bad even if the rest of the game is good despite XCX having a ****ton of problems LIKE GETTING STUCK IN AN AFFINITY MISSION FOR 10 HOURS AND NEVER BEING ABLE TO MAKE PROGRESS UNTIL YOU BEAT IT.
Also lmao shishi went "It's supposed to be annoying" as if that's good
The LWA dub sucks, you shouldn't wait for it. Like, Sucy doesn't have any of her personality and Lotte and Akko sound like they're in their twenties

Second, go watch Konosuba again you damn weeb, you didn't even give a chance for best girl Darkness to actually do anything

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently there is a "Recipe Book" in minecraft now too

But I can't figure out exactly what to do to get it.

I guess I'll just wait until people discover the snapshot and write about it, since it just came out

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Uh no, no self respecting developer would aim to make a game worse than a prior game.
Again, only the story is worse (Not even worse, is just more weaker), that could be a big deal for some people, for me that 50/50. I do think when it comes to JRPG, the story is the main factor, but for XCX the story isn't that much of a bother, XCX is battle system is better than the original one (But having no chain attack is it's one flaw).

• The world design
  • The alien fauna
  • The side quests
I would add soundtack as well. But sadly most soundtracks weren't placed properly in the game.
The LWA dub sucks, you shouldn't wait for it. Like, Sucy doesn't have any of he personality and Lotte and Akko sound like they're in their twenties
So Sucy doesn't sound dull but also cute in dub?
That often happens in many English dub, where many characters sound more mature.

Edit:
Right I just watch LWA dub, the very first original one (Not the anime)
-Diana is really more of a douchbag in the orginal, glad that TRIGGER fix her in the TV anime.
-Sucy, doesn't sound too bad if you don't think about her better Japanese voice.
-Lotte is ok, Akko is ok as well.
-Diana, Ursula/Chariot were terrible.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
so with 60 orbs i pulled 4 5* units (bunny lucina, bunny xander, cordelia and a dupe fae)

Damn. I spent all 140 orbs I had and only got a single 5* unit, +Atk -Spd Bunny Chrom. Kinda bummed out honestly. I'll just have to try and be patient and hope that the orbs I get these next couple weeks will be better. Usually I'd be saving for the next set of revealed banners, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's the second region you have to go to. What are you talking about?
I think he's referring to Primordia as the first, making Noctilum the second, and Oblivia the third.

Alright, back to lurking.
:happysheep::cheep::halfsheep::emptysheep:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So I saw the price got confrimed for Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers.

US$39.99. AU$59.95.

At least it's cheaper than Street Fighter V.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think he's referring to Primordia as the first, making Noctilum the second, and Oblivia the third.

Alright, back to lurking.
:happysheep::cheep::halfsheep::emptysheep:
But you go to Oblivia before Noctilum...
My only problem with XCX is how the game forces you to grind to even attempt certain missions, I got sguck in a Story Mission because I was about 5 levels below the requirement and after DAYS of grinding and doing quests and defeating Tyrants, I went up ONE level. That was the last time I played.
If it didn't have these dumb restrictions, I would've liked it a lot more. If I want to explore, I'll do it myself, don't put and arbitrary minimum so I can actually play the damn story.

Also, quests not telling you where the **** to find items is the single most bull**** thing I've ever seen.

The LWA dub sucks, you shouldn't wait for it. Like, Sucy doesn't have any of her personality and Lotte and Akko sound like they're in their twenties

Second, go watch Konosuba again you damn weeb, you didn't even give a chance for best girl Darkness to actually do anything
YOU SUCK AND EOV WILL NEVER BE LOCALIZED

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
But you go to Oblivia before Noctilum...
Oh, well, I went to Noctilum second, Sylvalum third, and then Oblivia. Maybe I'm remembering this wrong but there is a quest in Primordia that chains into Noctilum I thought. And then you had chase that one ******* into Oblivia later on. I don't remember the early main quests very well.:054:
YOU SUCK AND EOV WILL NEVER BE LOCALIZED
YOU SUCK
and Kamen Rider was never good

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I saw the price got confrimed for Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers.

US$39.99. AU$59.95.

At least it's cheaper than Street Fighter V.
It's too pricey for what the game is in actuality. HD Edition was only 15 USD when it launched. It adds content, but not nearly enough to justify more than double the price. I'd wait for it if I were you.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh, well, I went to Noctilum second, Sylvalum third, and then Oblivia. Maybe I'm remembering this wrong but there is a quest in Primordia that chains into Noctilum I thought. And then you had chase that one ******* into Oblivia later on. I don't remember the early main quests very well.:054:

YOU SUCK
and Kamen Rider was never good
Stlvalum was the misty area, second to last region in the game...

I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU BUT YOU SUCK NOW TOO ALONG WITH YOUR SMELLY BOX

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
How many times did you die getting there?

AT LEAST I'M NOT A BOX FETISHIST
I didn't die at all getting there. When I got in there though, hoo, I ate **** more times then I can with those giant AT-AT looking assholes.

HOW DARE YOU. NO ONE TALKS ABOUT MY BOX FETISH AND LIVES TO TELL THE TALE

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Cause let's be honest, Xenoblade got pretty boring with its dungeon and late game level designs at times and also had terrible enemy placements.
Not really, because the areas in Xenoblade are designed around the fact the world is built on two titans. That already makes the areas far more interesting than if any other game had them.

. That said, I feel like I can see most of the Xenoblade X enemies coming in time and have plenty of room to give them a wide bearth. I couldn't do that at times in the original Xenoblade.
You also can't do that at times in X except worse because they literally jump out at you from nowhere and have utterly bull**** senses.

It's like Monolith forgot about good game design when making X.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's too pricey for what the game is in actuality. HD Edition was only 15 USD when it launched. It adds content, but not nearly enough to justify more than double the price. I'd wait for it if I were you.
There's no way I'd get it at that price, especially since I'd only play it casually. I bought the much cheaper ports of King of Fighters '98 and Waku Waku 7 and they're more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom