• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's always interesting to reflect how many Nintendo Switch games I feel have been hinted at so far.

As it turns out, it's quite a few. Aonuma mentions wanting to make a game where you play as a thief in one interview, then he mentions the 2D Zelda team working on their own revamped Zelda game in another. Pokemon Company mentions Pokken and Mystery Dungeon as possible filler titles to buy time until the later point that a proper Pokemon game can be made that fits the system. Reggie can name drop Smash Bros (and TBH that already feels like there's weird stuff surrounding it), or Reggie can mention they're making something as unorthodox as Brain Age was.

And of course, Retro's cooking up something and they won't say a peep what. Back when Tropical Freeze was wrapping up they actually said they were working on something new for them next. If that continued being made the whole time, I think a lot of people expecting them to make Metroid are going to be. . .ah. . .

But I also think a Metroid is happening ANYWAY because Reggie did a verbal wink wink at that too.

So I'm imagining a hypothetical scenario where a Retro game and Metroid are announced at E3 and they aren't the same thing.

There's so many different breadcrumb trails all over the place and every single one of them seems to lead to a different team than either the ones already busy or each other. It's not like Game Freak makes Pokken or Mystery Dungeon, both of those are outsourced to two different companies.

A lot of this stuff I feel isn't going to be heard about until 2018, but I do think E3 has the potential to be interesting in it's own ways if not too much time is taken up by known titles. . .That, and Year 2 looks like it's going to be quite the busy year for Nintendo if this is possibly just the start of it. Combined pipelines look like they're gonna start doing work in a little bit.

*EDIT* Yes, speculation. Nobody panic please. 3: Although prepping for the possible "Retro working on something other than Metroid" situation might actually cause less panic down the road.
Here's my stance on the possibilities of a Metroid Prime/Retro working on a Metroid game...

It has been stated that Retro studios is indeed big enough to work on multiple projects and they've only alluded to one project being something they haven't worked on before, however it is also quite possible that later on they may have started working on something either shortly after Federation Force's reveal two years ago or after it's release last year (which likely means we may not see a Prime 4 until 2018 the earliest)...based on statements made by developers a Prime 4 hasn't even started development around e3 2015 (when Fed Force was revealed) and on average a Prime game takes about 3 years or so to develop, it's possible it may take even longer since Nintendo's at this 'let's take forever to make a game so it's actually good' phase, which isn't a bad thing but that just means more waiting...this is of course assuming that they even started working on a title which we have no clue if they are or not...

We won't see a Prime 4 for a little while, unless of course devs just lied to us and they're just waiting for the right moment to show it and release it shortly after (honestly we've had the 'right moment' several times at this point so I really don't see what's taking so long if that is the case)

With that said a Prime styled Metroid isn't the only possibility for Nintendo obviously...with the huge influx of indie Metroidvanias such as Axiom Verge (aka the "best Metroid game in years" according to a lot of fans) I do see it likely that Nintendo may have started working on a new 2D installment also...whether it's for the 3DS or perhaps an HD installment on the Switch...And of course there's also one other style Metroid game that tbh honest seems a lot less likely and that's a 3rd person Metroid...given how well Other M was received I'm not sure how willing Nintendo will be to take another stab at that unless they actually make an effort to give us a genuine Metroid experience...instead of opting for making an interactive movie...

Honestly I hope whoever's working on a Metroid game takes a look at Breath of the Wild's success, I'm not just talking 'huge epic open world' game (which would be awesome of course) but I'm talking about what it does for the player's experience...BotW much like Super Metroid allows the player to pretty much do what they want, story rarely affects gameplay and while you are given a sequence to follow if you so desire you can just do what you want instead...I've already pointed out some similarities BotW has to Metroid Prime, but taking a very similar approach in that the story is completely optional but yet still rewarding to acquire since it basically works like a collectible within the game...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So now that Bunny!Camilla opened the door for magic flying units...

Dark Flyer Sumia please.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Attack on Titan season 2 is the first anime I'm watching since Diamond is Unbreakable ended
great, another person I can talk about AoT with when season 2 comes out
Don't forget me. I'm looking forward to AoT season 2 as well.

I'm up to date with the manga, but any discussions we could be in related to the episodes, I'll be sure not to spoil anything that happens in the future just to be safe.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The team is now a reality once again.
Also some Splatoon 2 updates.
Looks like they're going to be changing the gear system, as well as adding in a couple of new abilities. Really hope that this time you can just equip abilities to any piece of gear without the heavy RNG the first game has.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Pacific Rim 2 just finished up filming! The first movie was such a fun ride. I have great expectations for this new one coming up. Normally, I don't really like going to the theater these days (too pricey and too many previews) but I can make some exceptions every now for films like these.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Don't forget me. I'm looking forward to AoT season 2 as well.

I'm up to date with the manga, but any discussions we could be in related to the episodes, I'll be sure not to spoil anything that happens in the future just to be safe.
hell yeah. glad some people like AoT. cant wait to see more armin

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Pacific Rim 2 just finished up filming! The first movie was such a fun ride. I have great expectations for this new one coming up. Normally, I don't really like going to the theater these days (too pricey and too many previews) but I can make some exceptions every now for films like these.
Nice. Can't wait to see it. Also, I wish my theater showed more previews. They only show like 3 per movie

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Holy ****, I'm not the only fan! But yeah, glad that this is official, I remember me and a friend being pissed when the movie had been cancelled before getting revived

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
That's what I'm saying. If the MCU does come to a close, it really wouldn't matter. However if they are planning to continue it for the long term.

Aren't those characters already appearing in other films anyways? Ant-Man and Black Panther both showed up in Civil War, and I'm sure they'll appear in the Avengers films along with the others. I'm not saying I wouldn't want to see more MCU, but it's gotta stop at some point, right? Robert Downey Jr. can't play Iron Man forever.
Kurri, not only are you talking about Marvel, you're talking about Disney.

The MCU will exist until the day humanity dies.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Attack on Titan season 2 is the first anime I'm watching since Diamond is Unbreakable ended
Spring is usually when most popular anime start airing, last year we had Jojo, MHA and Re: Zero
This year we have the second seasons of AoT and MHA and we LWA still keeps going, there's something for everyone
I don't see how having them playable would upset balance.

They were powerful units in Fates but they were completely optional so if you didn't want them you just didn't use them.

Plus the fact they had to be earned through a battle (which you couldn't attempt until at least Chapter 9 in any path) meant that they weren't just given to you for free, and their maps could be pretty challenging on higher difficulties with Classic Mode on (good luck getting Robin on Lunatic Classic in Conquest before you get Leo, my Conquest Robin is actually under-leveled because of this, as the next few chapters aren't ideal for magic users. Early Lucina isn't great in Conquest either).

I think the best case scenario for Echoes would have been to have a dungeon tied to each of the FE amiibo characters and beating those dungeons is how you unlock them as playable units.

Having the one attack summons for non-FE amiibo characters makes sense but relegating the FE amiibo characters to this just seems like a huge step down IMO.
The 6 classes would have to be rebalanced to fit Gaiden's growths and bases.
Fates was a new game and the enemies were already balanced with all of the new classes in mind while they'd have to change a lot to he able to implement their new ones.
It's just easier to make them summons and it also helps players who get stuck in certain maps as this game is relatively harder than Fates

The Evangelion live action movie is looking great
I loved the first one so I'm hyped for this

D

Deleted member

Oh my
Shishi like *ahem* live action anime
Shishi confirmed closeted Power Rangers or Sentai fan at the very least
Nah, he's probably a closeted Godzilla fan more than anything, even if he forgot the rule that Godzilla is always male. :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Hopefully there's more Jaegar/Kaiju action because that stuff was awesome in the original.
Wonder how they'll top it in places.

Zilla tho
That's not Godzilla tho

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In other news, Wreck-It Ralph 2 has an official title now.

"Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2"

The bit at the end kind of isn't needed, IMO, but it's a fun title nonetheless.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
IF MY FANDOM SUFFERED MASKED RIDER THEN Y'ALL NEED TO REMEMBER ABOUT THE 1998 MOVIE
Zilla at least gave us something good:

It's not "Ralph Wrecks the Internet"
0/10

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
ReBoot is rebooted, only to be revived as a live action show with little use of the original's CG.

This might be the first time I would say thanks for ruining my childhood Canada. Even AlphaOmegaSin thinks it looks like ****.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys... I ended up practically passing out (or maybe fainting) when I was going to class by train. I had eaten breakfast and decided to dash to a train that was about to leave the station. After about 3 stops, I began to feel woozy in my head and I had trouble staying conscious, so as soon as the door opened, I fell on the ground. Thankfully, a couple of passerbys got me away from the train as it was leaving and a different passerby sat with me for about 20-30 minutes to make sure I was ok. After that, I took a train back to my dorm room and am currently lying in my bed.

Let's just say... this is not exactly the kind of day I had in mind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh my
Shishi like *ahem* live action anime
Shishi confirmed closeted Power Rangers or Sentai fan at the very least
Nah, he's probably a closeted Godzilla fan more than anything, even if he forgot the rule that Godzilla is always male. :p
All I hear is "he loves me more!" "NO, he loves ME more!"
>Film is about giant ass robots fighting giant ass monsters
>"Sentai fan!"
>"Godzilla fan!"
No, you dummies, I'm a mecha fan, it's all about the giant robots, raw determination, drills and physics defiance, not about toy commercials or discount Jurassic Park 2

And Godzilla was female in that one american movie whose year I don't remember

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
ReBoot is rebooted, only to be revived as a live action show with little use of the original's CG.

This might be the first time I would say thanks for ruining my childhood Canada. Even AlphaOmegaSin thinks it looks like ****.
Yikes. I definitely feel sorry for the ReBoot fans right now.

Why even reboot it if it won't be computer animated at all?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I honestly would have just preferred "Wreck-It Ralph 2." "Ralph Breaks the Internet" isn't as catchy.

While I'm still very looking forward to the sequel, I do hope it doesn't leave the video game aspect in the dust.

I wanted to see a sequel because I wanted to see that game world expanded upon. Hopefully video games still play a big part in the movie.

Chrono.

Well ****.

Being CGI was pretty much the entire point of Reboot.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I really dont feel like gping to math tutoring today. I feel like imma die while studying thanks to my rabbit

who i really want to kill. Shes lucky I am aginst killing of animals unless really nessesary, dumb broad

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well ****.

Being CGI was pretty much the entire point of Reboot.
Exactly. This is why I have a feeling that most reboots today aren't even trying anymore, especially the 2016 Powerpuff Girls reboot.

What's next, Hexidecimal would be redesigned to look like a human librarian?

D

Deleted member

All I hear is "he loves me more!" "NO, he loves ME more!"
>Film is about giant *** robots fighting giant *** monsters
>"Sentai fan!"
>"Godzilla fan!"
No, you dummies, I'm a mecha fan, it's all about the giant robots, raw determination, drills and physics defiance, not about toy commercials or discount Jurassic Park 2

And Godzilla was female in that one american movie whose year I don't remember
Godzilla was asexual in that movie, so no. :p (Plus many don't count the 1998 one as Godzilla.)

Also, please explain this scene then, if this isn't anime.
Jurassic Park doesn't have anything compared to this.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Godzilla was asexual in that movie, so no. :p
well it had eggs in one movie, didnt it? It obviusly ****ed something or is like one of those frogs that change from male to female to fertilize the eggs then lay them.
Dont rag on me if Im saying things wrong. I never watch any godzilla movie.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I knew, I just KNEW somebody was going to do this.
This is hilarious but, man I'm so excited for Rock.

He was a pipedream for the longest time, pretty much the Ridley of KoF if you wanna put it like that. Highly requested for years but he always missed the boat for one reason or the other (also very divisive at the same time). So them pulling the trigger on it is a pretty big deal for me.

Not to mention he should be really fun with XIV's mechanics. Rock wasn't exactly great in his own game (bottom of the barrel to be exact), he was great in CvS2 but I always thought he'd be a lot more fun in KOF.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Spring is usually when most popular anime start airing, last year we had Jojo, MHA and Re: Zero
This year we have the second seasons of AoT and MHA and we LWA still keeps going, there's something for everyone
Right now my brother is watching Youjo Senki, and he is definitely looking forward to watch AoT season 2, but he also said that AoT anime is better to watch if you hadn't already know the further plot, also means that it better to not look at the manga before watching the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom