• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so reminder while we have zero idea on what tharja will be come christmas we do know male robin will weild a lance
and on second thought she may be a different color mage seeing as shes wielding a candle ala lucina and camilla wielding easter eggs

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Who lied to you?
Everyone who went crazy over Fates when it came out.

Seiously? Seriously? ****ING SERIOUSLY?!

Sony is ACTUALLY thinking about taking Spider-man OUT of the MCU. They may be ejecting the character from the studio and franchise that made Spider-man adored by millions all over again. Why? Cause they're greedy and want to build their own Spider-verse again. You know the same Spider-verse that pretty much SANK the franchise twice in a row?

I don't know if this had already been talked about so sorry if so. But I am so damn livid about this. If this happens, if it really happens, Sony can go **** themselves. None of their films will never make another dime off of me.
I've mentioned it before, but unless Marvel shows interest in continuing the MCU well after the Infinity Wars ends, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
What am I doing with my life watching loops of various Spongebob moments.
WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO

Also it stinks about the Spiderman thing. I don't follow Marvel things usually but I'm guessing this is pretty bad.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've mentioned it before, but unless Marvel shows interest in continuing the MCU well after the Infinity Wars ends, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
That wording kinda confused me a bit. You're saying that it's only bad if they continue well after Infinity War, correct?

If so, well, they already are. They wouldn't have introduced characters like Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel just to be one and done movies. That's not how Marvel Studios really works. They're a well oiled machine for cranking out good to great superhero movies and shows on a healthy basis. They aren't going to slow down after IW and Avengers 5 (or whatever it'll actually be) They're going to dive as far into these properties as possible. Then you have James Gunn wanting to bring in Moon Knight and he'll most likely get his wish. Just saying, Sony is a bad film company. I don't want them dragging Marvel down with them just for the hell of it.

I don't like how this easter thing happened before Ike appearing at all.
Yeah, Imma 'bout sick of waiting on my Ike. I voted every day dammit! I like Ike! Gimme Ike!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That wording kinda confused me a bit. You're saying that it's only bad if they continue well after Infinity War, correct?

If so, well, they already are. They wouldn't have introduced characters like Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel just to be one and done movies. That's not how Marvel Studios really works. They're a well oiled machine for cranking out good to great superhero movies and shows on a healthy basis. They aren't going to slow down after IW and Avengers 5 (or whatever it'll actually be) They're going to dive as far into these properties as possible. Then you have James Gunn wanting to bring in Moon Knight and he'll most likely get his wish. Just saying, Sony is a bad film company. I don't want them dragging Marvel down with them just for the hell of it.

Yeah, Imma 'bout sick of waiting on my Ike. I voted every day dammit! I like Ike! Gimme Ike!
Yeah Ike is the highest rated male and he wasn't even the first character from the Radiant duo to get in. I would have accepted Micaiah as a first, but not ****ing Sanaki.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
That's what I'm saying. If the MCU does come to a close, it really wouldn't matter. However if they are planning to continue it for the long term.
Aren't those characters already appearing in other films anyways? Ant-Man and Black Panther both showed up in Civil War, and I'm sure they'll appear in the Avengers films along with the others. I'm not saying I wouldn't want to see more MCU, but it's gotta stop at some point, right? Robert Downey Jr. can't play Iron Man forever.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's always interesting to reflect how many Nintendo Switch games I feel have been hinted at so far.

As it turns out, it's quite a few. Aonuma mentions wanting to make a game where you play as a thief in one interview, then he mentions the 2D Zelda team working on their own revamped Zelda game in another. Pokemon Company mentions Pokken and Mystery Dungeon as possible filler titles to buy time until the later point that a proper Pokemon game can be made that fits the system. Reggie can name drop Smash Bros (and TBH that already feels like there's weird stuff surrounding it), or Reggie can mention they're making something as unorthodox as Brain Age was.

And of course, Retro's cooking up something and they won't say a peep what. Back when Tropical Freeze was wrapping up they actually said they were working on something new for them next. If that continued being made the whole time, I think a lot of people expecting them to make Metroid are going to be. . .ah. . .

But I also think a Metroid is happening ANYWAY because Reggie did a verbal wink wink at that too.

So I'm imagining a hypothetical scenario where a Retro game and Metroid are announced at E3 and they aren't the same thing.

There's so many different breadcrumb trails all over the place and every single one of them seems to lead to a different team than either the ones already busy or each other. It's not like Game Freak makes Pokken or Mystery Dungeon, both of those are outsourced to two different companies.

A lot of this stuff I feel isn't going to be heard about until 2018, but I do think E3 has the potential to be interesting in it's own ways if not too much time is taken up by known titles. . .That, and Year 2 looks like it's going to be quite the busy year for Nintendo if this is possibly just the start of it. Combined pipelines look like they're gonna start doing work in a little bit.

*EDIT* Yes, speculation. Nobody panic please. 3: Although prepping for the possible "Retro working on something other than Metroid" situation might actually cause less panic down the road.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*sees Xenoblade 2 composer being praised again*

Huh. This guy must be pretty good. I guess I should go check Wikipedia and see what else he's do-

Aaaaaaaand clearly there will be absolutely no problems whatsoever on the soundtrack front. :4pit:

Yes I just got hype why do you ask?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I couldn't resist the temptation of using :4lucina: as avi; the bunny hat is cute af.

Can't wait for the .png version when the update comes out.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This is it, I buyed Sonic CD. The game that through that Sonic level were too short.
But you know what? As long I have this music in mind.
I feel like I am going to have a fun time nonethless.:sonic:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Interesting to note that Bunny Camilla seems to be the first flying mage unit in the game. Which is the only reason I might consider pulling from this focus.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So is Bunny Xander gay or European?

Also I really like the Easter remix of the Fates My Castle theme.

D

Deleted member

The character selection for the easter event seems so arbitrary, why couldn't they just use the poll as reference? I can't believe I was robbed out of Bunny Hector!
That feeling when you realize that a random anime fan named Yellowlord (wait....), an anime fan that likes Fire Emblem and witch girls running from graveyards named @Shishœ, and an anime fan that just so happens to consider Mario his favorite character named mario123007 mario123007 seem to be the main fans of LWA here on the NintenZone. Anime circle now confirmed between the three of us? Because that's what it appears to be like. :p
C'mon, we aren't the only weebs in this thread, I know there are more, r-right? I know you guys are all a bunch of weebs, don't try to hide it!
So is Bunny Xander gay or European?

Also I really like the Easter remix of the Fates My Castle theme.
Both, obviously

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So they nerfed the amiibo functionality in FE Echoes.

Instead of being able to fight and then recruit the amiibo characters, they just appear as Illusions and can make one attack before disappearing.

That's really disappointing, Fates' use of them was way cooler.

Chrono.

Jesus, Link has some beautiful long hair.

It's a crime that this is the only armor where he lets it get like that. Would've loved Sheikah Link with his hair down.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Insulting a man's ship is worse than insulting his mother.
Insults your ship and your mother
Bunny Camilla.

Not as showy as I expected actually.

I'm annoyed about Lucina not having a new VA
But isn't that ship technically inbreeding?
They're from Alabama so it's okay.
Everyone who went crazy over Fates when it came out.

The MCU will continue because loves
Still disappointed we didn't get Robun.

I love this so much
This is it, I buyed Sonic CD. The game that through that Sonic level were too short.
But you know what? As long I have this music in mind.
I feel like I am going to have a fun time nonethless.:sonic:
Stardust Speedway Bad Future is the best track. Needs to be in Smash
Where's my Bunny Gheb, Nintendo?
Heroes can't handle that level of sexiness

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't get the whole bunny outfit thing, but whatever I guess

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Even though this was only for a mobile game, someone went hard on this Sunstar remix.

D

Deleted member

You people are all fools.

The whole world knows which Nintendo character is the most qualified to fill the easter bunny's role to perfection:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Akuma literally destroyed the competition at the last moment. The way I see it, he probably used Shun Goku Satsu on Sakura and the others to get his victory. I have no issue with this is he has a bigger impact on Street Fighter than the rest of the clones.

Next up is all about Street Fighter Alpha, one of the more faster paced entries of the series. Your choices are Birdie, Adon, Rise, and Rainbow Mika. It's pretty obvious one of them would have to be heavily censored to even appear in a Smash game, but she's still a good wrestler.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Tagging @Champ Black agsin just because. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Akuma literally destroyed the competition at the last moment. The way I see it, he probably used Shun Goku Satsu on Sakura and the others to get his victory. I have no issue with this is he has a bigger impact on Street Fighter than the rest of the clones.

Next up is all about Street Fighter Alpha, one of the more faster paced entries of the series. Your choices are Birdie, Adon, Rise, and Rainbow Mika. It's pretty obvious one of them would have to be heavily censored to even appear in a Smash game, but she's still a good wrestler.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Tagging @Champ Black agsin just because. :p
Birdie. The OG British thug and not that fat slow wannabe Wario from Street Fighter V.

It's like Capcom took everything good about his character and ruined it because we all "need" that joke replacement with Dan completely gone. I dare someone to say that his characterization in V was an improvement from Alpha.

D

Deleted member

So they nerfed the amiibo functionality in FE Echoes.

Instead of being able to fight and then recruit the amiibo characters, they just appear as Illusions and can make one attack before disappearing.

That's really disappointing, Fates' use of them was way cooler.
It's likely for balance issues
This time they're summoned in the middle of battle to give you an advantage.
Also, they work just like the Summoner's summon, which are a thing in Gaiden
So you're saying Link was the best Zelda waifu all along?
We already went over this damnit, there's no female option for Link

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
C'mon, we aren't the only weebs in this thread, I know there are more, r-right? I know you guys are all a bunch of weebs, don't try to hide it!
For me, those who aren't interested in anime will be treated as weirdos in Taiwan. Maybe some don't really watch but they have to at least know it.
I'm fine that some aren't interested in LWA or even MHA... there are other good animes to watch, and I mean a lot.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Attack on Titan season 2 is the first anime I'm watching since Diamond is Unbreakable ended

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's likely for balance issues
This time they're summoned in the middle of battle to give you an advantage.
Also, they work just like the Summoner's summon, which are a thing in Gaiden

We already went over this damnit, there's no female option for Link
I don't see how having them playable would upset balance.

They were powerful units in Fates but they were completely optional so if you didn't want them you just didn't use them.

Plus the fact they had to be earned through a battle (which you couldn't attempt until at least Chapter 9 in any path) meant that they weren't just given to you for free, and their maps could be pretty challenging on higher difficulties with Classic Mode on (good luck getting Robin on Lunatic Classic in Conquest before you get Leo, my Conquest Robin is actually under-leveled because of this, as the next few chapters aren't ideal for magic users. Early Lucina isn't great in Conquest either).

I think the best case scenario for Echoes would have been to have a dungeon tied to each of the FE amiibo characters and beating those dungeons is how you unlock them as playable units.

Having the one attack summons for non-FE amiibo characters makes sense but relegating the FE amiibo characters to this just seems like a huge step down IMO.

Chrono.

Even though this was only for a mobile game, someone went hard on this Sunstar remix.

This game had a baller OST, killer remixes and great original tracks too.

I actually liked the concept of Xover but like a lot of things Capcom, it wasn't used well.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't see how having them playable would upset balance.

They were powerful units in Fates but they were completely optional so if you didn't want them you just didn't use them.

Plus the fact they had to be earned through a battle (which you couldn't attempt until at least Chapter 9 in any path) meant that they weren't just given to you for free, and their maps could be pretty challenging on higher difficulties with Classic Mode on (good luck getting Robin on Lunatic Classic in Conquest before you get Leo, my Conquest Robin is actually under-leveled because of this, as the next few chapters aren't ideal for magic users. Early Lucina isn't great in Conquest either).

I think the best case scenario for Echoes would have been to have a dungeon tied to each of the FE amiibo characters and beating those dungeons is how you unlock them as playable units.

Having the one attack summons for non-FE amiibo characters makes sense but relegating the FE amiibo characters to this just seems like a huge step down IMO.
I kinda woud of liked it more if I was able to have then in the game permanetly also. Plus you can bench them all you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom